Options

2nd time's the charm?

Comments

• Options
    So sad our "blog" is going by the wayside! How is everyone doing?????????
  • Options
    I'm baaaaaack!!!

Gettin' excited too! I'm seein' signs all over the place that this is going to be our time for sure! At dinner, the table next to us had twin little boys. Then I bought a Fossil watch and the clerk said you can go over and pick out your tin (all their watches come with a tin like box) I go over to pick one out and one says HYBRID real big on the top! Of course I pick THAT one!!! We are soooo gonna finally get our BFP and we are soooooo gonna have twins! :)

I'm expecting my day one any day now. If and that's a big if I am on schedule, I should start on Monday. Let see what kind of surprises mother nature has in store for me! I'm anxious about taking the shots. I struggle with just the trigger. I haven't ordered them yet. They're only good for so many days and I want to wait till cd3 when I have my baseline u/s to be sure this cycle is still a go. Please Lord don't let me have to wait another month! LOL
  • Options
    Yay - we missed you!!!! We are so excited for you and glad that you have such a positive attitude. Are you doing the hybrid cycle? What are you taking exactly?!?!? We have been anxiously awaiting your return!
  • Options
    We're back and we're taking this cycle by storm (God willing)!!! I'm doing 5 days of 100mg Clomid (that's never changed) and we're adding 2 shots of follistim, 300IUs a piece, I believe cd 7 and 9. Then of course the trigger...

I'm caught up on everyone's blogs too... good stuff!
  • Options
    Follistim the same as bravelle? I remember us talking about that but don't remember the results (too lazy to go back through this "book" of posts lol). I sure hope this works for you guys! Definitely sending baby dust your way!
  • Options
    Bravelle, Follistim and Gonal F are all in the same drug group only containing FSH and not the FSH / LH combo. Follistim is slightly newer than Bravelle but it contains the same thing. The stats are basically the same. My RE said that they are all pretty interchangeable. It seems like the 300iu shots I've been prescribed is a higher dosage than most that I've read about on here. I'm hoping that helps me out!

I've resorted to throwing myself on the floor and rolling in the baby dust to see if it helps LOL!

How's Tommie doin' with the symptoms? Is she gettin' a bump yet? When I was pregnant, even tho it wasn't long, I could feel that I was pregnant. My little uterus wasn't any bigger but it felt hard from the fluids and begining to stretch. I was no where near seeing it but if I laid on my back I could feel the little knot!
  • Options
    Yeah that's what I read too! How exciting!

Tommie is doing ok, lol she says she's going to spank the baby as soon as it comes out (joking) cuz it's making her feel bad. Besides being tired and morning sickness the only physical change is her boobs are bigger ;) ... In the begining she definitely could feel the pulling on her uterus - infact it was pretty painful at times for her. We can't feel anything but she says her tummy is still slightly tender - if she tries to sleep on her tummy.
  • Options
    I'm sure if we end up with multiples they'll be due for a SERIOUS time out! LOL

AF is finally here! Yay!!! My baseline u/s is tomorrow and if all goes well I'll start clomid on thursday. I need to get my butt in gear and order my injectables! I've been waiting to make sure that this cycle is a go...

I don't know what's wrong with me lately. This is supposed to be a REST cycle and my hormones seem to be having trouble leveling back out. This whole past week I've been so angry and upset. Swinging back and forth between the two. (I'm sure everyone I know is reeeeeal happy with that) I haven't felt this angry in a loooong time. It comes and goes but monday was a terrible day. I was angry the whole stinkin' day! Not just irritated, but truly angry. The littlest things seem to set me off and I'm normally the happy bubbly person that's the life of the party. This just isn't me. Hope these new injectibles make it better and not worse! LOL
  • Options
    Ugh!!!! Can you guys believe I've got ANOTHER rest cycle?!?! My left ovary was not completely healed and still slightly enlarged. I cannot believe it! :( :( :( I am SEVERELY disappointed. My injections are already on their way and I can't even use them. I've already been in a foul mood lately and this feels like the icing on the cake. Boooooooooo for back to back rest cycles!!!!
  • Options
    Are you kidding? That's crazy!!!!!!!!! But I suppose, if it makes for better chances than it's the best thing to do...and your injectables should be ok - I mean they don't expire immediately - just make sure you store them according to the directions. I am sooooo sorry!!!!!!!!!!! That's just sucks, horribly bad.

Everything happens for a reason - just remember that!
  • Options
    Well, I've got my shots and scripts at least. The shots don't expire for a another year unless I open them, then they told me 30 days. I'm trying my best to keep my mind off the time and how slow it's passing. I don't wanna wish my life away or anything but gee whiz I wish we were back in it again! I'm really hoping for twins now, one of the reasons is I just am looking forward to a two-for. We know we want siblings and this process has been such a rollercoaster so far. Twin boy/girl combo would be awesome. Not 100% sure we'd try again if we scored that big the first time! :)

Good luck to all the TWW'ers and hope things are going smoothly for the BFP'ers!

(I've resorted to making my own baby dust in preparation for next cycle!)
  • Options
    Ya know, we wanted twins too...and I still do, but I must say, after pricing all the stuff we will need - i'm glad it's a single birth in a way!

Time is dragging! I agree!!!!! Soon enough and you will have to hurry up and wait again a.k.a. TWW lol...

We are keeping our fingers crossed for you!
  • Options
    Hi M, best of luck to you! I do believe there are lots of us that read the post and are keeping our fingers crossed for you! I bet making your own baby dust is just the ticket!

Hi Tommie, how are things going? I believe we are only a day or so apart. I am due April 4th.....I cannot believe that I have grown out if most of my clothes already. A little nausea and crazy fatigue is all I am dealing with....I really want to enjoy every minute. Hope all is well :)
  • Options
    Thanks C&DM! It's really great to know that we've got some cheerleaders out there in webland!!! :) Once we get there I know we are gonna be so incredibly happy, it's what keeps me going!

Natalie, I think I might need to take vacay for the WHOLE TWW this next try! I want to be in total relaxation but I'll prolly be a nervous wreck!!!!
  • Options
    LOL....who can help being a nervous wreck?!?!? Do something fun that takes your mind off it completely!!! And yes, you do have lots of "cheerleaders" out there!!!

C - do you follow our blog? Ya know, based on our last AF our due date is April 1st (June 25th) but based on our insemination date it's April 2nd or something then our RE told us it's April 4th! Lol...so we don't really know when we are due. We got with Sunday being the start of a new week. So today we are 9wks and 4 days.

If you don't follow us you should! www.tommalie8910.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Well, I feel like I'm in the home stretch! My CM is indicating that I'm gonna be ovulating soon. Maybe today or tomorrow. One never knows exactly without a trigger shot LOL. Then we're down to 2 weeks before my 'last' day 1!!! The best thing about ovulating this weekend you ask??? NOT FEELING IT! I've had NO burning sensation at ALL. Thank the Lord above!!! I think I'm healed! SURELY this next cycle will be a-go!!! I CANNOT wait till day 1 and that baseline US... Fingers, toes, arms & legs crossed!!!
  • Options
    Us too! Trust!!! We are ready for you to get that BFP!
  • Options
    Hey TommieWartick~

I saw that you guys are expecting and that's fantastic news!

We live on the Arkansas/Oklahoma border (in OK though). We are going to be starting our process here soon! I was going to send you an email and build some sort of relationship with your story and what ours will be like and etc.; however, I couldn't find it.

If you are interested in chatting and etc., feel free to contact me at shawnda.etgen@gmail.com (my partners email).

Yes, my name is Tomi :)

Mgalbn ~ I hope you guys have good news here real soon! I have a feeling that you'll get good news here real soon!

To the both of you~

It's been fun reading your experiences!
  • Options
    Thanks for the good vibes Tomi!

It's gettin' clooooooooser! I've got roughly a week and a half till that glorious day 1!!! I need to make a quick to-do list of things I wanna get done that I can't do after the TWW begins...
  • Options
    LOL....never been so excited to have AF come visit huh!

Time is dragging!
  • Options
    The calendar says I should start today tomorrow or Thursday but my body says I'm not even close :( With 2 rest cycles throwing me off, Lord knows when I'll actually start now! I'm gonna try to not let is frustrate me!!! Here's to an helpful schedule, little side effects and an easy BFP!
  • Options
    Yay! Keep us updated!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Of course she had to make a late appearance but AF finally showed up! Day 1 - back in it! Please, please PLEASE let the U/S be good to go as well!
  • Options
    Woohoo. So you are taking injections right? What is the schedule and what all are you taking?

Let us know!!!!!! We are so excited for ya'll!
  • Options
    Maggie - where are you? We are all patiently waiting to hear some news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    We're here! I've been purposely avoiding this forum for sanity's sake but have now returned and have caught up on everyone's respective blogs. Natalie, that doppler sounds awesome!

We've been so thought out and planned but this cycle has been anything but. Got started on my clomid and had some confusion on my dosages of follistim after seeing a different doctor for my u/s. Got things cleared up and got back on track. They wanted to see me back after only 3 shots so I saw my RE and he did bloodwork at that time. My E2 was normal for the amount of follies I had but my LH was too high and he was concerned I may ovulate too early. After my u/s I was shopping and got a call from a nurse telling me that she's called in another shot for me to take sat and sun and he wanted to see me back again on Monday because of the LH. So I was taking double shots there for a while, one to stimulate and the other to keep me from ovulating. When I went in on Monday, he wanted me to trigger a day early which would mean that I would have the IUI on day 13. I've felt pretty strongly about going the whole 14 cd before having the IUI. I've had them a day early before and was always wondering if they just had one more day to mature, maybe that cycle would have worked, so I voiced my opinion. The RE was ok with going on as scheduled for cd 14 but took more blood and said that if my LH was too high I'd have to come back in for the IUI. It went down from almost 11 to 3.5 WHEW! Had my IUI on Friday. I had a ton of follies, (5 in my left and 3 in my right)not all would have matured in time, but I had 3 @17 and 2 @12 only on the morning of cd10. They jumped up in size pretty quick after the follistim. The 'big 3' jumped from 11/12 to 17 in under 3 days and should have at least been in the 20's by the time of my IUI.

Soooo after a blood work scare, 5 days of clomid and a total of 11 self administered shots and 3 big beautiful follies (and 2 contenders) later... I'm in the dreaded TWW!
  • Options
    Oh, and with the follistim my lining was already @ 9.5 just on cd10 so I'm pretty positive about this cycle! Prayers and baby dust are flying EVERYWHERE! :)
  • Options
    That is so freaking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So how big were the other follies? And i'm confused, the 3 @ 17 on CD10, what were they on CD13? You said the big 3 jumped from 11/12 to 17. Maybe i'm reading that all wrong. Can you clarify how many you had and the sizes the morning of?

I am so stoked for you, I have such a great vibe! It's the same way our cycle was when we got our BFP! It was like EVERYTHING was just PERFECT! The lining, the follies, EVERYTHING! You are going to be preggers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Positive thinking!!!

We cannot wait to hear all about it! When are you testing?

Tommie and I feel like we have totally connected with you guys and are so excited for you! And the doppler is a total must buy!
  • Options
    That's the mystery of this magical cycle, we didn't HAVE a cd14 u/s... I had an u/s on cd3, cd8 and then again on cd10 but that was the last one. I've got my money on the 'big 3' that were last measured @ 17 almost 3 whole days and 2 folistim shots before triggered...although I'm not ruling out the 3 @ 12 because the way they were growing so fast with the shots, they could have been in the 18/19 range @ trigger too...
  • Options
    Correction, we normally had a cd12 u/s... not cd14.