Options

2nd time's the charm?

Had my U/S tonight for my second IUI. The first resulted in a pregnancy that I lost in about 2 weeks. Moving on, only positive thoughts! I had 2 mature follies, one 15mm the other 20mm and my IUI is scheduled for this Friday. I CANNOT WAIT! I'm back to my excited place again and it feels good... Once again hoover-ing all available baby dust!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Do y'all think it's good or bad that my IUI is falling on Friday the 13th? LOL
  • Options
    I don't think it's a bad thing, but congrats that is awesome! Hopefully the first time is a charm for us and second for you!!!
  • Options
    This 2ww is KILLING me!!! Ugh!!!
  • Options
    Me tooooooo! I think Natalie is more patient than me though! I. Just. Want. To. Know. I think the Ovidrel is out of my system as of today bc the ept came back negative this morning. Took 2 before that were positive (due to the trigger shot). I will know that any positives should be a real positive now. Not sure when we will test again bc I know it will be before the 26th (2 week mark). So the wait continues for now! Ughhhhh!!!! Just know your not alone bc our cycles are off by only 1 day! Good luck! :)
  • Options
    I JUST WANT TO KNOW TOO!!!!

The trigger shot was out of my system on day 7 piui the last time. I've just checked the calendar and I think I'm going to begin testing on day 10 piui. I have 5 tests, a new box of 4 and one left over from last time. I figure day 10, 12, 13, 14 and 16 will be my plan! I tested on day 10 and 14 last time with BFN but got the positive on day 16. It could have been positive later in the day day 14 or on day 15 but I didn't test that day. My plan puts day 10 piui this Sunday for my first test... Lord grant me patience!!!
  • Options
    But of course I'll have leftover tests since I'll get a BFP on Sunday... :)
  • Options
    Yay!!!!! Woot woot!!! Keep us posted!!!
  • Options
    Funny, I've never had a greater urge in my life to pee on a stick!!! LOL!
  • Options
    I'm so jealous!! Natalie is making me wait until Monday and I was a day ahead of you on the IUI! I feel nothing at all. I don't think it could be positive! Let us know about Sunday and Tuesday and ....... lol Good luck!
  • Options
    C'mon Natalie, let her pee on a stick too!!! :) I don't know if that matters much, a lot of women do not experience symptoms at all until well after they get the BFP...

I'm 99% sure mine will be a BFN but I have to do SOMETHING! This wait is killing me!
  • Options
    Had to go in the middle of the night so I treated it as the first pee of the day and tested. BFN... but I know it's early and I'll get the BFP in a few days!!! :) Staying positive!!!
  • Options
    We broke down and tested today as well. BFN as well. Will test again Tuesday. Blah!
  • Options
    Hey Mgalbn! Any news for you ladies yet?
  • Options
    BFN again this morning - Tommie did wake up and had a 10 min episode of severe nausea...TMI i'm sure but she already went pee and wasn't going to test (she is just "positive" she is not pregnant) so after her episode of nausea she broke down and squeezed a couple drops out and tested but it was negative again....we will test tomorrow morning again...she is due for AF tomorrow...we shall see!
  • Options
    I tested again this morning d12piui (If you count the day of since I had it done early in the morning) and BFN... I didn't show a positive till well after d14piui so I still think it's early. I accidently bought the tests that you have to judge the lines and don't like it... I had digital before which takes all the guesswork out of it! I saved it today and TRIPLE checked it after work today, just to be sure! :) I'm skipping tomorrow and waiting till Thursday...
  • Options
    BTW Tommie/Natalie... I'm CONVINCED you're pregnant! (I've got my psychic cap on :)
  • Options
    We hope so....then yesterday we were eating out and someone came in with perfume on...I didn't smell a thing but Tommie was like OMG that perfume is so strong - threw a fit almost the whole dinner (totally not like her to be over powered by a smell), she came home and tested and again negative last night. Today she is exhausted feeling, I told her she can't test till tomorrow morning. Tomorrow we are d13piui (d14iui if you count day of iui cuz ours was at 10am)

We are keeping our fingers crossed for us and you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I haven't spoken of said 'symptoms' as to not jinx it, BUT I feel like I'm having a repeat so even tho I got another BFN this morning, I kinda think Friday or Saturday is gonna be my day! Don't give up, its still way early for both of us!!!!
  • Options
    Wellll, Tommie started her period....so we go back Tuesday to start all over again...boooooo
  • Options
    Awww, that's a load of crap!!!! So sorry you guys...
  • Options
    Awww, that's a load of crap!!!! So sorry you guys...
  • Options
    Back to Day 1 today... :( :( :( Damn AF!!!! Looks like we're on the EXACT schedule now! We'll start clomid on Tuesday too.
  • Options
    Yup, we start Clomid 150 mg today! Guess we are on the same cycle this time. We need to exchange e-mail addresses and stay in contact for sure! Easier access for me at anytime by e-mail.....harder to pull up cryobrank site on my phone. My e-mail address is:

tommiejspivey@gmail.com

Natalie's e-mail is: nmwartick@gmail.com

Here's to babydust to both of us!
  • Options
    Baby dust right back at ya! I don't do the email or facebook thing, it's too hard to keep track of it all...

This is OUR week. It's gonna work this time for sure. THIRD time IS the charm, right? It has to work, this is my last vial. If it doesn't I'm faced with decision time. Do we take a break? Should I switch donors? How much should I buy this time? I don't even wanna think about all that stress... It's just gotta work this time! Why are the things you want so bad always difficult to obtain? This baby, when he/she finally does arrive, is gonna be loved like no other, that's for sure!!!
  • Options
    We hope it works too, for both of us...and we don't understand why ppl who want a kid have such a hard time yet drug users, children, irresponsible ppl etc can have 100 kids and the state pays for them all! Ugh...this is our last vial as well, although we only bought two. We have talked about switching but I think I am supersticious and think "what if the next one was OUR vial to work!" lol...Tommie is sad our donor has super curly hair, but everything else about him is perfect...we do have a back up donor but I think we are going to buy 2 more of our current one if this doesn't work.

Anyways.........keeping all fingers and toes crossed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Tomorrow's u/s will def set the tone for the rest of the week for us. I feel like it's a total crap shoot now. The first time, I had left over symptoms from (what I now know was) the trigger shot that faded and symptoms kicked back up again right before I got my positive. All the way up till reading 'pregnant' I was convinced it didn't work. The second time I felt very similar but could distinguish the symptoms. They seemed to come back again and I was just positive that I was pregnant but it was a no-go. When I feel pregnant, I'm not... when it felt clear I wasn't, I was. WHO KNOWS what will happen now!!!

I'm praying for my lining to be back at 11 and to have at least 2 big follies over 20mm. The more the merrier (and better our odds!) I've been making sure that I stay hydrated with plenty of water. Who knows if it helps, but how could it hurt? I figure if I'm dehydrated at all it might effect my lining. I'm grasping at straws to have this last vial work! I've resorted to making up my own remedies!!! LOL
  • Options
    LoL...maybe we need to do that too...We are just upset that this is the second cycle we are STILL on clomid when our RE wanted to put us on Femerra...and that clomid is proven to not work well with PCOS. So we too are kinda gunnin for there to not be follicles thursday when we go in for our u/s....who knows, maybe we will be surprised though...lord knows it would be nice if we have a few follicles! Keepin fingers crossed!

Oh, have you ever had a positive on your OPK? We have done it for the 4th cycle now, and have NEVER gotton more than a line just a smidgen more than faint...most times you have to squint to see it...wondering if that can be a precursor to follicles that aren't maturing???
  • Options
    I don't know about that... I bought an OPK for my first IUI and when I went in for that first U/S and mentioned it, my RE said that with all the hormones in my meds that the OPK is practically useless so I never bought another one. I peed on it anyway just for giggles after the trigger shot and it did turn positive about 18 hours after the shot.

I may be mistaken, and I haven't researched it at all, but I thought I read somewhere that Femara is a fairly new med and is not FDA approved yet. I know my RE offers it too, he asked me today do I have you on clomid or femara? as he was reading my chart...

I got good news today! I actually have THREE follies this time, yay!!! My u/s was a day early this time so they still have 2 more full days to grow. They were 15, 16 and 17. I've read they grow between 1 - 1.5mm per day so by Saturday they should be at LEAST 17, 18, and 19mm. My lining was also better this time @ 10. First IUI it was 11 then after clomid it went down to 9 so I'm pretty happy with the results. Looks like my 'water therapy' worked! LOL Can't wait till Saturday morning!!!!!!!

(just think, we could end up with TRIPLETS!)
  • Options
    Femera is not FDA approved for infertility however it is FDA approved from the treatment of breast cancer. It is shown to do the same thing as clomid except doesn't work on the ovaries directly it works on the pituitary gland.

We have our ultrasound in the morning but I think we will be shocked if we have a follicle....we shall see what happens!!!

And just think, triplets would make it so you didn't have to do this anymore!!!!!!
  • Options
    Oh ok... gotcha! At least its FDA approved for something! That sounds better!

I've been saying that even if we end up with twins that I want to do it again in less than 2 years to have another sibling... with triplets? I don't think so!!!!