Options

2nd time's the charm?

Comments

• Options
    ... and I'll do a follicle dance for you to bring on the follies... let it rainnnn!!!
  • Options
    Your dance WORKED!!! Today revealed a 20.3, 18.5, 14, and 2 13 mm follicles!!! Ovedral tonight and iui Saturday morning!! Yippee!
  • Options
    Awesome, that's so great! See, you weren't even expecting ONE! I took my trigger shot around 9:15pm tonight and our IUI is Saturday morning too! This is OUR time I tell ya!!!!!
  • Options
    We feel it too! We KNOW this is our time. Tommie was having some little twinges of pain in her ovary, we FINALLY had a positive on the OPK (we did one at 6am this morning and that was not even close to positive but our RE told us to do it 12 hrs after - we did trigger at 8pm...Tommie got another OPK and did it at 8ish am at work and it was positive!) Last time we didn't have a positive OPK nor did she feel like she ovulated...she didn't feel periodish either.

Anyways, we feel extremely good about this cycle! We hope all of us have nothing short of BFP's this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I had ovary pain and pinches too!!! That's exactly what happened the first time when we were prego!!! We feel totally positive this is gonna stick and we just know it's gonna be triplets!!! He he he!!!

Our numbers were the best so far, which we were stoked about too! 77 million (1st 2 trys were both 50mil) and 40% motility (1st try 40, 2nd 35) and still a grade 3, or as our RE likes to call it, Michael Phelps grade swimmers! I mean, 77 MILLION? How can 3 little follies hide from all THOSE guys???!!!???
  • Options
    Did you get the actual report for the little guys? Our vial this time wasn't as good as last. We had 85 million, 39% grade 3 total motility included those twitchers was 59%. This time we had 70 million, 30% grade 3, total motility was 56%. Still very good numbers though. Our RE gives us this piece of paper that has all that info on it.

I say the same thing to Tommie! I had dreams we are having triplets!!!!!!! LOL, she hits me when I say that. Really I want twins, so we shall see!!! She had those little twitches twice, once the day before we did the IUI then a few hours after we did the IUI.

I KNOW this is OUR time!!!!!!! We just feel so good about it. Even my dad is picking our due date and he NEVER gets involved - he just wants to know when the kid is born lol!!!!!

Does your RE have you taking the prometrium? Our Dr tells us to take it but the dr who did our IUI told us not to take it, but to come back this Fri for a blood test to check Tommies progesterone level to see if we need to take the prometrium. Hope everything is fine and we don't need it!

Keep us updated!

Natalie and Tommie
  • Options
    The report we get is just total motility over all, not a break down. I think everybody does things differently. I've even read people on here that got to LOOK at their swimmers under a microscope before the IUI. Always thought that would be awesome!

All I've been taking is clomid and the trigger, no other hormones or meds. Lord willing, it will stay that way cause what I take now throws me for a loop with lots of fatigue, nausea and dizzy spells. Hopefully your tests will be good Friday!

I have a feeling down there now. Before when I got pregnant I noticed for lack of better terms, a 'tugging' feeling in my uterus area. This time it isn't tugging so much as a light constant pull. Hard to describe. I said today that with one it's just a tug but with THREE it's a constant pull! LOL!!!
  • Options
    As much as I've joked about it, I'll just DIE if we ended up with triplets!!! LOL We're up for the challenge tho!!!!
  • Options
    I swear that I felt an instant undersatndig in reading both of your posts. The TWW is torture. My wife and I tried for 4 months and ended with a miscarriage in Novemeber and now we are back again. Its a huge mental struggle for me but I will stay positive along with you guys! Nice to know I'm not alone.
  • Options
    You are soooooo not alone olsonma! :)

I keep reading everything I can about early pregnancy. I figure it will be around thursday or friday that the eggs will make it out of the fallopean tubes and have their first chance at implantation. The wait is driving me nutso!!! I'm going to try my very best not to obsess with my symptoms this time, especially since I had them when I was, and was not pregnant... That's gonna be a tough one tho!!!
  • Options
    I've read too much now.. You ladies seem to have it all together. If you had your IUI on Saturday.. you said it would be the Thurs. or Friday before it implants? It takes about 6 days .. correct? I was also wondering.. if you have uterus tugs.. wouldn't that be after or during implantation? I've officially read too much and can't take it all in anymore! lol
  • Options
    I think we kinda wanted to stay away from the signs of early pregnancy even though I cheated and looked anyways...but the problem is, if you know then you tend to make stuff up or over exaggerate things ya know?

In regards to looking at the lil guys, our dr does that too, unfortunately our dr hasn't inseminated us...it's been the other two.

That's so strange that you get side effects from clomid and the injection. Tommie normally gets side effects from meds because she doesn't usually take them but she hasn't had any problems....well except when she took the trigger shot this time she got like hot flashes for a few hours...but that's all!!!!

Anyways, keep us updated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I believe so rsheakoski. The implantation window is supposed to be between day 6 and 12 after fertilization from what I've read. That puts me at Thursday at the earliest (I count the day of IUI because I had it early in the morning). I felt those tugging sensations with my 1st IUI when I ended up prego. It was early like this. I don't know what causes it. I don't think that it has to do with implantation since it's way too early for that. I don't remember feeling it with my second IUI that didn't take so I'm reading it as a good sign! I only felt it on and off for about 2 days in both cases. Could just be my uterus reacting to something foreign it in, who knows!?!

Natalie, I would love to stay away from reading all the early symptom stuff but I've read it all before in my 1st 2 tries so I gave in!!! My side effects have been a little different every time. Clomid gave me a SPLITTING headache right between the eyes for about 4 days the first time I took it. It was also hard to focus on things and I had blurry vision. I didn't have that happen for the 2nd try or this time, but I did have hot flashes that increased in intensity as my 5 days went on for all 3 times(mine only lasted 5 minutes or so). The trigger however has effected me the same all 3 times. It seems to take 2 or 3 days for symptoms to show up. I've had dizzy spells, queasy or nauseous feelings, and fatigue that wipes me totally out. I mean, I feel like I can barely make it thru my workday and practically collapse when I get home. I sit and doodle on the internet or watch a little tv thinking I can barely lift my arms I'm so tired! LOL I was wiped like that last night but it's much better today. It doesn't take much to wear me out tho!
  • Options
    Well Tommie says there's no tugging on her uterus yet but those lil kiddos are in there! I can feel it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This wait sucks!!!
  • Options
    Wow... it seems like time is going by sooooo slow! We've decided to torture ourselves a little more by waiting till Friday to take our first test. Not sure I'll make it, but gonna try! Gonna fill up the week by comparison shopping for strollers and carseats and adorable baby things! Again... torture!
  • Options
    LMAO. I don't know that we have actually decided on a day but I think we agreed no sooner than wednesday.

Ugh I don't think we are ones to be like oooohhhhhhh I feel this or this is happening etc...but yesterday Tommie had that tugging feeling or "a weird feeling in her uterus area that she has never felt before." She felt it a couple times in the morning then a few times a little after noon. So as if I wasn't convinced before that we were prego, I'm POSITIVE now!!!!!!!

Strange, there has been this calm feeling over us, since the get go...like everything was right with what we were doing, and everything was falling into place how it was supposed to...we don't even have the urge to test early, we don't say "feel anything today"...lol the only thing we say is, how are my twins doing? Did they sleep well? etc. etc. It's just so different from our first IUI.

I couldn't even imagine if I was wrong, that just hasn't crossed my mind....

Let us know what good deals you find
  • Options
    It's WEDNESDAY!!! Did you test????
  • Options
    blah, yes...negative. You? We are testing one last time Saturday morning....Tommie feels periodish so I'm assuming she will start tomorrow or sat OR she is pregnant....
  • Options
    Our Friday morning 5:30am test was a BFN:( Poo on day 14!!!! I had bad sleep and nightmares for the first time in months. I dunno if that's a sign or not... We'll be testing saturday, Sunday and Monday as well. If it didn't take, I don't know if I can even type "4th times the charm"... Uuuugh! I know I'm not getting any younger but I may need a break! I'm so frustrated I'm about to my breaking point!!!!!
  • Options
    My day 14 was VERY faint. Done give up yet.
  • Options
    Thanks summerns...I'm feeling a little better now. That post earlier this morning was out of pure, half asleep frustration.

I haven't started yet and I'm hanging my hope on that although I've been feeling some weird mild cramps. I felt cramps and everything normal right before a period when I was pregnant but just never started. I'm trying not to have a total fit until then :( I didn't get my positive till day 18 I believe so all is not lost! PLEASE God let us get our BFP in the morning and have a better weekend!!!!!!

Tommie, did you guys test today too?
  • Options
    Oh, and to complicate things just a little more, our donor is now COMPLETELY sold out. If I start it will be a frantic review of our top 10 again and another hope and a prayer we receive it in time for this cycle!!!! UGH!
  • Options
    12215 is sold out?

NO Tommie REFUSES to test till tomorrow morning (Sat) So we will report back then. We are keeping our fingers crossed for both of us, and we definitely know what your saying about this being so stressful and wanting a break! We've been doing this since Jan and even though this is only our second cycle - it's our 4th cycle with clomid (two cycles ended in canceling cuz the follies wouldn't grow).......

Baby dust!!!!! and lots of it!
  • Options
    Tommie and MGALBN.. just wanted to say.. you two are my the ppl I most enjoy reading on here. You have a positive air about you and it's refreshing. THANK YOU!
  • Options
    Awww... thanks! I'm treating this board as my 'therapy' while going thru this process. It's nice to connect with people in the same boat! Tommie/Natalie... I see a future in this, wanna start a blog together? LOL!!!

We we just talking this morning about my BFN, digging deep for hope. Technically, if I don't count the IUI day, this is really only day 14 now not 15 LOL. I noted on my calendar some symptoms here and there for our 1st 2 trys and now I wish I was more detailed back then. If it didn't take and I start normally like last month, I should begin to spot today. I lightly spotted one evening, then spotted all day the next with some cramps and then started day 1 with strong cramps in that order. I had the IUI on a Friday last month and a Saturday this month so it's just a day behind if it's gonna go that route. I wish there was an exact day that we'd know every time instead of a window. So frustrating!!! I might try a little LIGHT yard work today to try to get my mind off things. Maybe tidy up the house a bit to keep me busy...

Oh yeah.... OUR LUCK.... totally sold out!!!! How'd this morning's test go?
  • Options
    Boo...it was negative. We got up at 5 to do it cuz Tommie had to go pee, and I was too excited to test....negative...so we crawled back to bed and went to bed. Then my mom called and asked how it went. Ugh, so frustrating...I just KNEW we were pregnant this time around...the setting was perfect!!!!!!!!! Tommie still hasn't started her period, but that's part of the problem...we really have NO idea when she should start. She had those polyps removed and we immediately started the clomid cycles, but with the first two cycles she never ovulated (the follicles shrunk). Inbetween the first 3 cycles she only had one period and that was forced with prometrium (once the RE saw that the follicles were shrinking they immediately started us back on clomid....so it was one cycle after another with no period inbetween). So now that we have actually done the IUI we have no clue when she SHOULD start...with PCOS she technically could go months and months without ovulating/a period.

I suppose with the trigger shot and the blood work testing the progesterone levels last week proves she ovulated but now it's just waiting on AF to get here....I think we are going to let her body go through a month without drugs to chill out then try again...plus we kinda want to give us a break seeing how it's really been one dissappointment after another since we started this in Jan.

We will of course keep up on here to cheer you on!!!!!! And we could totally start a blog!!!!!
  • Options
    Noooo!!! That sounds like you guys have given up on this cycle! I didn't get a positive till day 18 so hang in there guys!!! I get those babycenter.com updates and they're telling me sometime THIS WEEK I may find out that I'm pregnant. Even the clear blue easy box says the most accurate results are at the END of this week! Keep testing, don't give up!!!

I know we are in slightly different boats with not having the PCOS. That must really add to your frustration when 'normal' cucles aren't really normal or on schedule. And no one will argue that clomid or the shots are not plesant, but all of these early disappointments will just be a thing of the past when you hold that little blessing in your arms. It will all be worth it!

We go back and forth on whether or not to count the day of the IUI as we've had early morning appointments all 3 times. That gets confusing for me! I also think that clomid is having an accumilative effect on my ovaries since I had 3 follies for the first time. I tested negative today but haven't started spotting like I thought I would have yesterday. I'm trying to keep the faith. It's been hard but I'm trying to keep a smile on my face until we get that BFP or AF... We could very easily get a positive Monday or Tuesday, and I keep repeating that to myself!!!
  • Options
    After re-reading that, I think I may be trying to pump MYSELF up as much as you guys!!! Let the praying begin...(actually continue)
  • Options
    We haven't entirely given up on this cycle, we just tested this morning and it was negative. Tommie hasn't started her period yet and doesn't really feel like she is going to...the feeling comes and goes but from my experience I KNOW when I'm going to start especially the day before...and that's how she is too. So I dunno, technically she is 3 days late now...We will keep testing, probably will test again wednesday morning.

Where are you guys from? I can't remember if we've discussed that. I feel like we know so much about your cycle but nothing about ya'll! LoL...

Tommie and I dated long ago and kinda kept in touch then two years ago we reconnected, started dating and last year we got married in Iowa. So we will be married one year in aug. She is 36, I am 29...both of our bdays are in Dec. I guess this time around we just knew what we wanted, and it was each other...so we went full steam ahead to get our lives going!

When we dated long ago I KNEW she was my soulmate but I was too young (21 to be exact) and was a hot little stud that wasn't ready to settle down even though I wanted to! LOL...I will get hit for this because Tommie has always been extremely drawn to me and I broke her heart and stomped on it when I broke up with her 8 yrs ago. (Ooops) Anyways so now we are both grown up ready for family all that. I have never been happier than I have been the past two years.

I have been a paramedic since 1999 and finally last year decided it was time to go to school and get a job that makes more money (paramedics make less than teachers, cops, firefighters...etc...30k a year sometimes, sometimes more) Anyways so I started respiratory therapy school in may so I will graduate may 2012. Tommie is a vocational rehabilitation councelor has her masters degree.

We live in Arkansas, near little rock. Have a house, one dog and 2 cats. I wanted a dog so bad but Tommie always told me the only way we could have a dog was if one came to our door step half dead! Well last year in Oct we carved our first pumpkin together and I set it out that night...got up the next morning to go to school and found this dog that was nothing but bones, with mange, a bad wound on her neck...knocking on deaths door literally.....EATING MY JACK-O-LANTERN!!!!!! So needless to say she has won the jackpot and is laying right next to me on my oversize lazyboy recliner as my wife sits on the couch reading the paper this morning haha...

My parents just bought a house 9 miles from us and are going to retire here...my mom is moving out here in Dec (from Cali) and my dad is coming shortly there after...So now all we need is a BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, that's a shortened version of us...just trying to have the american dream like the people next door. We know several people we have partaked in our same journey, only difference is they are all pregnant of have children...so now it's just us...

Natalie
  • Options
    It's official...AF is here...