Options

TWW, baby dust alive!!

Comments

• Options
    Hey yall. Just a quick update. Baby is doing good. Last ultrasound the baby was sucking his or her thumb and kicking like crazy. Couldn't see the sex yet, baby crossed legs at the last minute. Hope all is well with everyone and praying for more bfp.
  • Options
    Stay positive everyone! I'm 5 days in and the wait is already driving me crazy.
  • Options
    Hi all,

8 days left of our TWW, we inseminated on 4/18. I keep thinking that I'm having symptoms, but they could also be the same as AF, except for my skin being ridiculously itchy!... TWW is torturous but so exciting!

2mamas2b- It's driving me crazy too! I just want to know already! :)
  • Options
    Off to the RE today to discuss a new protocol for this next cycle. Anyone have any advice or insights?
    Has anyone had any kind of testing to see if they have a problem with implantation? I have a paranoia about this and worry that this is the problem for me.

Good luck all in the TWW!
  • Options
    So, Hsg test for me on Friday. I hear they are pretty unpleasant, but I'm good with anything that gives some information on what's going on in there!
    50mg Clomid from day 4 and increased monitoring with probable trigger shot. It's good to have a plan!
  • Options
    My HSG was horribly painful but I was glad to know everything was OK in there. Looking back on it now, I wish I would have accepted my doc's offer to give me something for the pain but I really didn't think it would hurt that bad. So my advice to you is to ask your doctor for something you can take before the procedure.

Once it's over you'll be thankful to have answers :)
  • Options
    Thanks, 2mamas! My RE did suggest taking some painkillers before going for it, but I should probably find out if they offer something since I'm sure I can't take whatever they offer if I've taken something already.

I hope the TWW is going by quickly, keeping my fingers crossed for you!
  • Options
    wanttobemommies, Sonnia, and 2mamas--GOOD LUCK! I know how hard it is to wait but time is ticking and before you know it, we'll know if you have sticky beans.

Julie, the HSG test was uncomfortable for me. It felt like they were filling up my fallopian tubes with water--like a painful, full feeling. But not unbearable and totally worth it! Maybe pop a couple Advil...

Ellie, I'm also going to be back in the game in June. This has all been too stressful on my marriage and I want to take time in May to give ourselves a break and enjoy each other:)

<3 Livvy
  • Options
    Julie - I am so sorry that this wasn't your month. But your plan moving forward sounds great! And I know it is reassuring to at least have actions in place. The HSG was rather uncomfortable my first time, but the subsequent two after that were not bad. But between my first and the others, I had given birth...and I think my threshold for measuring pain changed. My old 10 on the pain scale is somewhere around a 6 now... And everyone already told me I was a pretty tough cookie before that! Lol! I am sure you will be fine and it will be worth it! Good luck!

To everyone else in the wait, I hope you are hanging in there and that we get some BFPs this month!

As for us, I am somewhat enjoying this unexpected break! Had a great weekend out of town and am spending the week with my wife (who is on vacation from work) and daughter! It's been good! But we do plan to try again in May.

Baby dust to all,
    Rebecca
  • Options
    I'm officially going crazy!!

I had my IUI last Wednesday the 20th and I feel like time is standing still.

I started to feel 'symptoms' yesterday and after more obsessive research I realized it's probably just side effects from the progesterone (which my wife eagerly volunteers to help insert! TMI - I know, sorry. lol)

I even told myself that I would not test at home and just wait for the bloodwork appt but I caved during my Target run and bought a box of hpt's. They were on sale....it was meant to be.

Rebecca - I've been taking your advice and tried to plan an activity or something for every night of the week. It's been semi-successful
    2mamas2b - I think we may have inseminated on the same day! IUI twins :) How are you holding up?
    Livvy- I love the term sticky bean!! haha made me laugh

When is the earliest anyone's tried a hpt? If there was only an easier way to know sooner...

**Sigh** baby dust and hugs to all
  • Options
    The TWW is the worst! It gets harder and harder every passing day. And yes SonniaMc, we are IUI twins! I'm holding up ok I guess. I'm better at night when I'm at home with my wife. It's horrible when I'm at work during the day though. My mind is all over the place wondering and overanalyzing every symptom.. and then trying to determine if it's real or all in my head. It's exhausting! When do you plan to test?
  • Options
    2mamas2b - It's the same with me!! At work is for sure the worst, I've literally run out of things to google or pin on Pinterest lol
    My plan is to test on Monday morning. Hopefully I can hold out through the weekend! Are you going to test at home? You should do it on Monday too!!! ;)
  • Options
    I think I might start testing on Sunday! I don't think I can wait. I'm ready to start now but I know it's way too early. Are you experiencing any symptoms? I'm not :-/
  • Options
    The symptoms I'm feeling are: sore boobs, heartburn, cramping, constipation, and I'm SOO tired! These could mean I'm about to get my period, side effects from the progesterone, or I'm actually pregnant. It sucks that I can't tell what my body is trying to tell me!

I was thinking Sunday too at first and my logic was one more day for good luck. I also read it's best to use first morning pee for best results.
    Now I'm tempted to test Sunday :D
  • Options
    Our first IUI is today with 14354. FX. This one is unmedicated. My wife and my baby momma has pcos and hypothyroidism. We have been lots of planning and doctors' appointments. As the bystander, I am a nervous wreck
  • Options
    2mamas2b - did you test today?
  • Options
    Tomorrow is testing day, I tested this AM, thought I saw something, wife said "why are these tests bent right where the second line is supposed to be? I can't tell if it's a dent or if it's a line!"

So, needless to say we'll be testing in the AM tomorrow!
  • Options
    I tested on Saturday night 'just for fun' because I thought it might still be too early...got a BFP
    Tested again this morning....BFP but darker line

EEK! I have my blood test appointment this Thursday so hopefully it will just confirm that those positives are for real!
  • Options
    Wow!!! Congrats Sonnia!! How wonderful!

BFN for me and I'm sure AF is on her way. Sigh. I just don't understand why I've had no luck after all of these months. We are going on vacation in a few weeks so we are skipping our next cycle to enjoy the vacay. We'll start again in June. If we are still unsuccessful then we are switching donors.
  • Options
    Sonnia, that's awesome! Congratulations, lady:)

2mamas, I'm really sorry about your news. Glad you're taking the month off, too, to relax and enjoy your time off. That's exactly what my wife and I are doing--I'll be joining the wait with you in June!

On a positive note, I called my insurance provider and they said they will cover 100% of IVF--that I'll have to pay a $100 copay ever IVF cycle, but I've met the $250 deductible doing all of these IUIs! So that was really surprising and encouraging news. If IUI #7 in June doesn't work, I believe that's our next step!

Hope everyone else is doing well,

<3 Livvy
  • Options
    Sonnia! That is great news! I am so exited for you! Keep us updated and best wishes for a Happy and Healthy 9 Months!
  • Options
    Sonnia, thats awesome! Congratulations!
    Livvy, that is wonderful re the insurance. Our insurance appears to suck, the more we use it so I have the feeling we will not be in that situation!!
    Rebecca, how are you? What's happening for you this month?
    We are out for this month as my HSG showed a small polyp which my doctor wants removed since it is apparently in the exact place implantation should occur. Who knows how long it has been there, so maybe this has been stopping implantation from happening. Sadly we found this out after the round of Clomid, so I had 6 fat follicles which are all going to waste while I wait for the polyp removal on Monday since my own doctor doesn't do this and is sending me - Wait for it - to a clinic that basically seems to do abortions. This experience could NOT get any more surreal and just plain awful. I'm hanging on to the good news re my apparent follicle producing abilities and hoping my newly cleaned out uterus might be more welcoming by June!
  • Options
    Hey Everyone!

I had my first IUI today and initially I felt pretty good, one hour later I was plagued with cramping and bloating.

I test on May 24th....so I have a long ways to go. Reading about others experiences is always comforting, although I know all situations are different, it helps keep the mind busy to think about and give positive energy to others while I wait.

Would love to hear about others experiences post IUI.
  • Options
    How is everyone doing? Any TWWs? Everything has been so quiet here lately!
    I had my polyp removed yesterday and have been told to sit out for 2 cycles to let everything get back to normal, so I'm determined to just enjoy some of spring/summer and get back to it all in July or August.
    I'm so curious to hear how everyone else is doing? Thinking good thoughts for you all!!
  • Options
    Hi prbs2002,

TWW here - IUI was on Wednes. May 11th...this is a first time for me so I am not sure how much of what I am feeling is normal or not, but im hoping for good luck. This is IUI number one for me and I know it is rare to catch on the first shot, but I want to keep hope alive.

My stomach has been super sensitive, gurgly and weird since wednesday...doesnt seem to be subsiding, and I am not sure why.

Enjoy your 2 cycle break and rest up so that you come back stronger than before...sending you good mojos!
  • Options
    Hello all!

Sending positive vibes to Abarrett.

Congrats Sonnia that is fantastic that you got a BFP.

Prbs sorry about your difficulties I hope your time off is good.

LIvvy that is awesome about your insurance. What state are you in? Illinois has mandatory coverage for IVF we just don't know what it will be for us.

Pols what are you up to with trying?

We will start again in June. This wait has been excruciating. I do not regret my vacation for anything, but waiting has been killer. We found a new donor and snagged up his last two vials. So hopefully they are the lucky two and we get pregnant in June. I am just ready to be in the game again. AF is here but means nothing as we cannot try. :(
  • Options
    Good luck abarrett - some people are first time lucky, hopefully this will be you!
    Elliejo - June is just around the corner, you can do it! I keep note of my AF and ovulation dates even when I'm not trying as it makes me feel like I have something to do and also gives me confidence going into the 'real' cycle!!
    I feel like this last month has been so stressful for us with the excess of ultrasounds, blood work, HSG test and then having to search for someone to do the polyp removal who was in network, then the bizarre weirdness of the whole removal process (they did a D&C under anesthesia). I am totally ready for a break!
    Keeping everything crossed for all the ladies trying, waiting and inseminating, may our journeys end soon with our babies!
  • Options
    Hi everyone-I've missed checking these boards and hearing from you, so Julie, thanks for reviving everyone! Man, you have such a good attitude about everything...Your optimism is contagious. Two months in the scheme of life is a drop in the bucket, but in this process feels like an eternity.

ABarrett, good luck! Yes, it is relatively rare it works on the first time, but plenty of research says your best shots are in those first IUI cycles--and I know of many women who have gotten a BFP after just one time (one who was 37).

Elliejo, I am excited you'll be back in the waiting game with everyone--it feels like you were out a while! So welcome back.

To answer your question, I live in DC and work in VA. I was absolutely floored when they said it would be covered except for a $100 copay. And I feel lucky, but of course I am a little scared for what the IVF process itself will be like.

I sat out last cycle and am sitting out this cycle, too. To make a long story short, this has been really trying on my marriage. I got a little tunnel-vision-y about everything and it ended up alienating my wife. We also have a few other issues we're working out in therapy, so we just feel like we need to let a little time pass before we start trying again. And that is okay:) I am still glad to hear from you guys and will of course keep you posted when we start again.

-Livvy
  • Options
    Hey everybody! I am so glad to see all of these new posts! We are getting ready for our iui on Wednesday! It has been 1 year of TTC #2 for us, which is so hard to believe. I'm feeling really good and positive about this one! Fingers crossed!

abarrett - Welcome. I wish you the best luck in your first attempt! We conceived our daughter, who will be 2 this month, on our very first cycle! No meds, timed iui. So it certainly happens! I hope it happens for you!

Julie - I am so sorry to hear about the polyp, but glad to hear you are doing well! Your body will be all ready to go when it's time! I know our time is coming!!!

elliejo- So glad you enjoyed your vacations! And June is right around the corner...so you will be back in the game soon! Yay!

Livvy - I understand the tunnel vision and the impact on your marriage. I have to remind myself of what is truly important in our life. The best reminder of this came recently in my fortune cookie, "The joy of what we have is often lost in wanting more." That described me and my mentality perfectly. It was sent for me! And I have been reading this fortune everyday since then to help develop a positive mindset! I have so much to be happy about, as I'm sure you do as well. I commend you for recognizing and addressing any issues that you and your spouse are having. I hope all works out well for you!

To everyone...Baby Dust! Looking forward to more BFPs soon!

Rebecca
  • Options
    Good luck today, Rebecca - I am keeping everything crossed for you. It's been a year for us too, who knew it would be such a long journey!

Livvy, it's such a stressful thing to do, and frequently one partner (usually the one trying to carry) feels that they are more invested than the other and that sure is hard. I go between feeling like it's only important to me, and only disappointing to me (which I know it's not) and feeling like I'm letting my wife down. This should be so easy, and yet it is not. I certainly found it isolating going for all the tests etc in this last month alone, it would be easy to become resentful about that and I know that I have certainly been less patient on occasion as a result. I really hope you and your partner can work it out and kudos to you for doing something proactive about it

Rebecca, I love your fortune cookie quote, it is so true, and we need to remind ourselves of it often!