Options

TWW, baby dust alive!!

Comments

• Options
    Good luck to all of you. Praying for BFP coming your wa .
  • Options
    So I am out this month, my CB let me down as I didn't get a positive OPK at all, then went in for an u/s and bloods to check it out on Friday. They said that I had ovulated exactly when I thought I would. My RE said, next month just trust your instincts and get in here even if you don't get a +OPK!! I'm bummed but like you say Rebecca, there are no accidents, everything happens for a reason. My baby was just supposed to be one of my April follicles. I'm hanging on to that for now!

Good luck with the Femera, have you found that to be better for you than Clomid? My RE suggested just going natural this month as I've now wasted a couple of clomid cycles and I think she's concerned about polyps etc. I still have clomid at home as I got enough for 3 months, so I guess the ball is in my court, so I'm not sure. Thoughts anyone?

FX for everyone, Here's to spring babies! (Well, winter I suppose!!)
  • Options
    Hi all..Sorry I have been MIA. Just following all of you with no words of wisdom. Sorry about your missed cycle Julie. It is a bummer when our bodies decide something for us. We were so disappointed when it happened in December for us.

Livvy, I hope this is your month. Yikes about the cyst. Seems kind of scary and just no fun.

Rebecca, I do hope this is your month and that you get the BFP you deserve. Heck we all deserve BFPs just sometimes the timing of those positives are not in our control. Damn universe or higher power or whatever you all believe in.

How is pregnancy TARCHE and Mrg? YOu ladies give us hope it will be us soon.

We hope that June will be our month. Since we are traveling to the Carribbean in April they need us to be back in the states for 30 days before they will inseminate so we have a few months to wait. The waiting is killing but it has been kind of nice too to not focus everything on fertility and tracking and rearranging our lives around ovulation. I think we will both be much more relaxed in June and maybe it will be our time. Plus gives me longer to pick a new donor.

Baby dust to all of those trying! We need some more positives on this board.
  • Options
    I have another ultrasound on the 22nd. Hoping everything with both babies are going great. I've had zero energy and been getting very moody. Light cramps every now and then. I hope everyone gets their well deserved BFPs very soon. Will be checking back to read the good news
  • Options
    Julie, what do you mean when you said you wasted a couple cycles? My dr told me no more Clomid b/c it thinned my lining too much (hence the move to Femara).

I've read the meds only help 2-3% so I don't think natural would be a bad idea. I wonder why your nurse suggested you do natural?
  • Options
    Hi Livvy, I mean that I took clomid last month but had to travel abroad for a funeral so couldn't inseminate, then took it this month and missed my ovulation. However my lining was great by the time I had my u/s even though the follie(s) were gone. I'm going to try natural, I figure I got my CPs on natural cycles, so why not!!
  • Options
    Julie, I am so bummed for you! But I know your, well-deserved BFP is coming soon! We use the CB digital ovulation kit, but that is simply a back-up, as we also have 2 or 3 (or like last month 4) follicle checks. My body has sometimes been prematurely surging, so the ovulation kits are a way to gather more information. On Femara last month, I didn't surge too early...which is good. That way we can ensure that the trigger shot is actually the trigger, for better timing. So, I agree with your dr, get into the office when you feel the time is right... For now, enjoy a short break from constantly thinking about TTC.

Livvy - any updates? When will your iui be?

Mrg - Can't wait to hear about your u/s. Sorry your not feeling so well, but it will all be worth it! I would give anything for that constant quesiness and almost debilitating exhaustion. Fingers crossed for soon!
  • Options
    Hey everyone,
    I had the HSG test yesterday. It was pretty painful but it's over now and the results came back normal. I'm relieved to know that there are no issues with my tubes. Doc says that "blowing the tubes open" during the HSG can often increase ones chances of pregnancy. Crossing fingers! I'm also doing some blood work at the end of the month to make sure progesterone and thyroid levels are ok. We will resume inseminations in April. Best of luck to all of you this month. Maybe the luck of the Irish will sprinkle baby dust on us all! Happy St. Party's Day!
  • Options
    That was supposed to say Happy St. Patty's Day but St. Party's Day is also works! Haha!
  • Options
    Julie, my fingers are crossed for you!! And 2mamas, I have also heard HSGs can "blow open" your tubes, which is great news, but my god, how painful was that! For me it felt like someone filled my fallopian tubes with full-blast water out of a fountain.

A-hoo, would you believe I left an ovulation stick in the digital reader and burned it out? So yesterday I'm panicking and a friend suggests I buy the strips, so I did. I got my period on March 1st, so I'm concerned I STILL haven't had a surge. I'm almost always a Day 14 girl. Could this be because I took Femara and grew a small cyst? Weird brown stuff is still coming out of me:( So who knows when and if I will inseminate this month. Promise to keep y'all posted.

<3 Livvy
  • Options
    Oh Livvy, are you monitored? If so, get to your RE and check it out or you will end up like me!!!
    Rebecca, how is it going with you? Must be nearly time?
    We are going to Florida for a little trip, which will be much more relaxing than if I was in the TWW, so hopefully we will go into next month nice and relaxed. Although I stressed myself to death yesterday by dropping my wallet in a cab! Still don't have it back, I'm assuming I never will which is a BIG pain. Just another trial for this month! I made so many mistakes yesterday you would think I already was pregnant. At least then I could have blamed baby brain, this was just Duh Day!!!
  • Options
    Livvy, Clomid messed up my ovulation timing too. I'm usually a day 14 girl as well but last month it was CD 19. I get so anxious in trying to time our inseminations correctly!

Prbs, what do you mean when you asked Livvy if she is monitored? Just wondering if that's something I should look into as well. Have fun in Florida! My wife and I live in FL and the weather has been really nice lately. We're enjoying every minute of this while it lasts. It will soon be too humid to do anything! We might take a little trip soon too. It would be good to vacation and stop thinking about this stuff every second of every day.
  • Options
    Julie, when you had posted about missing your ovulation it crossed my mind that this might happen with me, too, since I knew you also were doing natural cycle after medicated. The nurse today said the reason I am ovulating so late (STILL haven't had a surge) is b/c of the cyst that I grew--that THAT is what is making it delay. I really hope I ovulate some day soon though because the wait is extra torturous.

2mamas, that is interesting to hear. Being on Clomid or Femara I got the trigger shot, and it was always earlier than when I was naturally slated to ovulate.

-Livvy
  • Options
    Hi all! We had a pretty good size follicle on Friday, which was a surprise...only being Day 11 for me! I usually am a slow grower, but this month is different! Had another check today and it is over 20mm, so we triggered this morning. And our iui is tomorrow afternoon! Day 14. I am so excited! I am hoping that this is the something different we need. I took the Femara earlier this time, Days 3-7 and I think it worked better. Really hoping this will be our time!

Any surge yet Livvy?

Mrg, can't wait to hear about your ultrasound on Tuesday!

Hope everyone else is well,
    Rebecca
  • Options
    Rebecca, How'd your IUI go? I am hopeful that this is your month:)

I just returned from a mini vacay away in the mountains, and never did surge; instead, I got AF yesterday (over a week early!). I'm annoyed we are out for March but relieved AF was early so that it might mean that cyst is fully gone. I get monitored tomorrow. Not sure if I should go back on Femara! Guess I'll ask the doc.

Take care,

Livvy
  • Options
    Good news and bad news. Bad news is I had vanishing twin syndrome. :( good news is the other baby had a heartbeat of 160 and looks very healthy.
  • Options
    Mrg - I am sorry and happy to hear about your ultrasound! I am sure that you are disappointed and overjoyed all at once. Throughout this journey, I have often felt a juxtaposition of my feelings. So, I hope you are able to move forward in peace and love. The heartbeat of 160 is wonderful! Congrats!

Livvy - I am sorry to hear that you missed March, but glad AF is already here so you can get moving for April! Here's to hoping that will be your month!

My IUI went great! Timing seemed good and everything went smoothly. Now just waiting and doing my best not to torture myself! Luckily we have Easter weekend and Speing Break to keep us busy!

I hope everyone else is doing well!
    Rebecca
  • Options
    Hey Rebecca-Hope you are keeping busy! I'm back on the Femara train with you:) Even though it may have caused that benign cyst, I figure it ultimately still ups my odds.

Mrg, how sad about your vanishing twin syndrome! This journey really does have its twists and turns, doesn't it? I hope you and your wife are doing okay.

<3 Livvy
  • Options
    So, I am officially in the 1WW, which sounds like it should be easier...but by this 2nd week, I am usually driving myself crazy. Actually not doing too bad right now though. Just trying to keep busy and stay positive!

Livvy - I hope the Femara works for you too, without other side effects. And I hope that this is our month!

Hope everyone else is doing well!
    Rebecca
  • Options
    We're in our TWW! It took us a few months, but we finally got on the same page with the RE and insemination occurred on last Thursday!

Hope you're all doing well!
  • Options
    Hey all! So glad to see that you all are hanging in there. The weather is finally starting to break which is great. We see our RE on Monday to come up with our new plan. I have picked a new donor and we will be ready to rock and roll in June. However, right now June seems forever and a day away. So far from now. We have exciting things before then but I just want a little bean growing in my wife already. I am sick of waiting.

Hang in there in the TWW I hope we have some more BFPs soon!!
  • Options
    Rebecca, the 1WW is almost over!! I'm keeping everything crossed for your BFP!
    Good luck wanttobemommies, may your TWW be short and easy!
    Mrg, I'm so sorry about your vanishing twin. That is so sad. Good luck for everything with the healthy little one you have in there.
    Livvy, how are things? When does your TWW start again?
    We are looking at 4/9 ish for our next iui. So ready for all this waiting to be over!!
  • Options
    Like Julie, I am also vicariously living through Rebecca in anticipation for her results! Good luck, lady...Wanttobemommies, welcome to the club:)

Tomorrow I go in for monitoring to see if I am ready for my IUI Saturday or Sunday (and hopefully no later than that!).

Julie, glad you'll be back in the game soon!
    -Livvy
  • Options
    Thank you for the well wishes! Unfortunately, I am not feeling pregnant. I know for some that is a good sign, but for me both times I was pregnant am knew by now based on the symptoms an was having. So I am trying to stay positive, but my gut says we will be trying again next month... I will know on Monday.

Julie - I am so glad you are getting ready for an April iui! I know you are anxious to try again! And I am hoping this (unwanted) break has been what your body needed!

Livvy - That's great! I hope your appt goes well today and the iui will be this weekend!

wanttobe - how is your TWW going so far? Hope you are keeping busy!

Take care everyone,
    Rebecca
  • Options
    Pols12,

This is a very long two weeks!!! Staying positive, doing my best to keep myself safe at work from cats and big dogs, no more x-raying or running anesthesia for me!

I've been feeling some symptoms one day, but then nothing the next, so we'll see! Fingers crossed. :)
  • Options
    Another BFN for us this month. And AF is here, so on to the next month. Good luck to everyone.
  • Options
    No! Oh Rebecca, I'm sorry. This process is really agonizing. I am sure it is too soon to say, but do you think you will have a discussion with your RE about changing things up? The frustration and disappointment is pretty consuming at times, month after month. For both of us it is going to be one year in May. Who would ever have thought we'd still be trying after all this time?
    Perhaps we will both get our one year anniversary babies. I'm kind of already thinking this will not be my month as I've not been taking the ton of supplements I have done in previous months and no Clomid or anything either!
    How did the appt go Livvy? We are just back from a long weekend in DC which was a great distraction, but we expect to iui over the weekend. I'm going to make sure I go in for an ultrasound and bloods on Friday so I don't miss it again this month!!

Good luck everyone, hope to hear some good news, wanttobemommies.
  • Options
    Hi everyone. Rebecca, I am so sorry to hear your bad news. We are here for you and always hoping your month will be right around the corner.

My IUI was on Sunday. I have 2 fat follicles and I guess I'm officially in the 2ww. This will be IUI #6, but the good news is, the sperm count was relatively high this time.

wanttobemommies, when do you test?

Take care,

Livvy
  • Options
    yay Livvy! Almost half way through your TWW. I am expecting to be called in for my iui today, had my u/s and bloods taken today, just waiting to hear back. One big juicy follicle, so here's hoping!

What's your protocol this time? Are you taking progesterone or snacking on pineapple core?
  • Options
    AF came to town on day 13 of my TWW... definitely not implantation bleeding.

Until next time friends.

Baby Dust to you all!