Options

TWW, baby dust alive!!

Comments

• Options
    I'm sorry it wasn't your month, wanttobemommies...At the very least, AF arrived early so that means you can start that much sooner:)

Julie, I am taking progesterone and forgot to buy the pineapple 'til 2dpiui...oops. But since then, I've been religiously eating my daily slice. Can't wait til you're back in the 2ww game!

Livvy
  • Options
    Hi Livvy, I'm in the TWW, iui was on Friday! I have to go in after a week for a progesterone test to see if I need it. In the mean time I have just bought my pineapple and also some Brasil nuts (I read somewhere to eat a small number each day). I'm trying to be all natural this time as I didn't take the Clomid. My RE said I have to have faith in my body, so I'm giving it a try! One big follicle and my RE was very happy about our timing, so now we wait. TORTURE!! How are you? It must be half way over for you now?

Sorry wanttobemommies, it's so disappointing. Best of luck for your next try.
  • Options
    Best of luck Livvy and Prbs! I hope this is the lucky month for us all. I started Clomid today so we will inseminate sometime next week. I'm starting very positive about this month!

Has anyone tried pomegranate juice? I've been eating pineapple, Brazil nuts, and drinking pregnancy tea but recently read that pomegranate juice is good for your uterus. I'll try anything!
  • Options
    Hi Julie, 2mamas, and others. Julie, hang in there! You must be excited to be trying again after a break.

I'm definitely going kinda nuts here...9 dpiui. No symptoms except watery cm (which who even knows). All I can do is hope like we all are! I've been working out consistently which has helped with my sanity and trying to keep busy.

I haven't tried pom juice! But try it! I DID cut out caffeine this week. Drank half caf last week. It's been tough but doable.
  • Options
    Livvy, I hope you get your BFP!!! Fingers are crossed for you! I cut out caffeine about 6 months ago. It was a little rocky at first and hard to get going at work without a little caffeinated motivation! I don't even miss it now.
  • Options
    Hi Julie, Livvy and 2mamas! It is so exciting to have 3 of us in the TWW at the same time! I just know this is going to be a lucky month!

As for us, I am finished taking my Femara and my first u/s appt is Friday morning, which will be Day 11. Fingers crossed for a big follie. If we don't get our BFP soon, we will likely be moving to IVF. Which also means I will be going back to work, as my insurance covers all infertility treatments including IVF. Can't imagine leaving my DD, but it will be best for out family.

Anyway, I am thinking about you all! And sending baby dust!

Rebecca
  • Options
    I am living vicariously through all of you hoping for lots of BFPs! It's got to work for all of us soon. I am sending so much baby dust your way. I hope the board lights up with some positives.

As for us we saw our RE and he finally recommended medicated cycles. We have done three unmedicated. He said everything with the exception of our first cycle looked ideal for pregnancy so not sure why we haven't gotten the BFP yet. I think it was bad donor sperm so our current donor is in time out and we are going to pick another one. Plan to move forward is going to be climid with two inseminations still. Hoping for a couple big fat follies. We can't do anything until July and that just sucks. But we are going on a vacation to Jamaica on Sunday and that is such a much needed escape from our lives that the aftermath of waiting 8 weeks after traveling anywhere with the zika virus will be worth it. Plus Abby is a teacher and inseminating in the summer will be a time of less stress for her which could be more conducive to baby making. The last three times we felt rushed because she had to get back to school. So hoping July is our month.

Cari
  • Options
    Almost time again, Rebecca! You will be in the TWW in no time! I hope it doesn't come down to IVF, it's so frustrating when there appears to be NO reason for it. We should be getting this done so easily!!
    Cari, I'm sorry you and Abby are having to wait, but sometimes it is for the best and at least you get a nice Caribbean vacation! No way any of us will be doing that if we get our BFPs so get it in while you can! Hopefully you will both be relaxed and ready to go by the summer which will be perfect timing!
    Livvy, how's it going? Are you going to test at home or just wait for your bloods?
    AFM, I've been busy, so not really thinking about it too much, progesterone test tomorrow which I'm actually super happy about as it gives me some info and kinda breaks up the two weeks in a way that feels a little productive! Technically this is day 7 if we count from Friday so it's going by pretty fast. No symptoms of course but I'm not expecting any!
    FX and baby dust to you all - bring on the spring babies!
  • Options
    Ladies, I'm 11 dpiui and....feel nothing. Actually that's not true, I feel sad and depressed. I feel like I'm the only fool who's tried 6 IUIs. I won't POAS but I will get my blood test Mon AM. Hang in there, everyone!
  • Options
    Livvy, this is my 6th iui. Don't let it get you down yet, I don't think there's anything wrong with doing 6, especially with no fertility issues and realizing that some of them will not have been the best timing. Maybe it will be 6th time lucky for us both xx
  • Options
    I have also gone through 6 cycles of IUI. I don't have any fertility issues so my doctor and I don't see a need for IVF. Like you said Prbs, the timing isn't always right plus sometimes it just doesn't work out for one reason or another. Hang in there. It's been hard for me to maintain a positive attitude. I've certainly felt depressed, anxious, angry, etc. but it will all be worth it when we get our BFP!
  • Options
    Hi Ladies! We are going back for IUI number 2 mid week next week! Our donor has just been updated to having pregnancies, so hopefully that's good luck to us!

Hope you're all well!

Meghan
  • Options
    Thank you ladies for your words of encoragement...I feel a lot less alone:) Good luck everyone in their wait!
  • Options
    Good luck everyone
  • Options
    Hey Livvy - just wanted to say Good Luck today! Remember, you are never alone! Wishing you a BFP!
  • Options
    Good luck Livvy! I'm praying today is your lucky day!

I'll have my IUI sometime this week. We decided to go big this month - two IUIs and one at home.
  • Options
    Hi Ladies,

I had my second IUI this morning, so hopefully we'll have good news in a couple of weeks!

Good Luck to you all!
  • Options
    Hi ladies-my nurse left me a voicemail today, and I could tell by the tone...it wasn't gonna be good:(

To be honest, I was surprised. I know my last post I said I thought I was out, but on 12dpiui I had pink traces of spotting and AF-style cramps (without AF). So I really thought that was implantation bleeding and we'd be good, but didn't want to jinx it. Who KNOWS what that actually was!

Will have to talk with wife and dr to figure out what our next steps are...But am rooting for you who just started/about to start your waits!! And thank you, everyone, for cheering me on.

<3 Livvy
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. Keep ur head up and don't give up :)
  • Options
    I am so sorry Livvy. I know it is hard to keep faith, but this is my 9th try, and I believe I will have another child. And hope to grow through the struggles of this process. I also believe it will happen for you! Keep your chin up!

wantobe - Good luck! We can't wait to hear your good news in 2 weeks!

2mamas - We are doing our iui this week too, so we likely will be in the TWW together! Best wishes! I think with all those inseminations, this should be your month!

Julie - How did the progesterone test go? Have you felt any symptoms? When do you test?
  • Options
    Hi guys, I'm new to this board but want to wish everyone good luck during their TWW!

I'm going in for my first IUI tomorrow :)

Baby dust to all <3
  • Options
    Livvy, I'm so sorry this want your month. It's so extremely disappointing but keep your head up. You'll get a BFP its just a matter of time.

Thank you pols. I'm staying really positive this month so I'm hoping it's our time. I hope it is yours too! How many tries did it take before you got pregnant the first time?
  • Options
    Livvy, I'm sorry. I have the feeling I will be joining you soon. My progesterone was good, so they didn't give me any, I think all the 'symptoms' I'm feeling are in my head, so I'm trying to just be rational and believe for now that it has not worked! You know how it is when you report a ton of symptoms then feel like an idiot when a negative test comes! Officially I should be testing on Friday, although I'm tempted to go before but I know it's really pointless for me as I never seem to get + tests before the full14 days are up!
    Rebecca - did they change your protocol for this month? I'm rooting for you, this has to be your month!!
  • Options
    Officially in my TWW! Any tips on how to stay sane?!
  • Options
    So, this definitely won't be our month..since it turns out we have to skip it. Something is weird with my body right now and my follicles are not growing at a normal rate, and actually haven't grown at all since Monday. The dr was willing to try some FSH injections, but we aren't sure how I will respond and to complicate things we have to go out of town overnight Saturday into Sunday. There are just too many question marks and what-ifs...so we elected to opt out this month. Which really sucks. Nothing I can do to change it though. This is our 1 year anniversary of TTC #2, so I just knew it had to work...turns out there are other plans. Sad and discouraged, but still hopeful for our future.

2mamas - I was one of the lucky ones, and conceived my daughter on our first try. It was a natural cycle. We were all shocked! Then amazingly enough when decided to TTC again, we were pregnant after just one attempt, but that ended in miscarriage. Since then we have had lots of tries, but not a lot of luck... I know that my daughter is meant to be, and will be, an amazing big sister...so I will continue to try to complete our family, as disheartening as it is sometimes.

Julie - I am really rooting for you this month! I hope you get your BFP Friday and it starts a domino effect for everyone else.

SonniaMC - I have no tricks. I have driven myself crazy for months, and it hasn't helped. So, the best advice: keep busy and try to to focus on it to much! Sending you lots of baby dust!

Take care,
    Rebecca
  • Options
    So sorry Rebecca, that really does suck. We don't seem to be having much luck lately with missed cycles etc.
    I tested this morning, a day earlier than I should just because I have no self control. Stark white, so I'm pretty convinced I'm out this month too, I don't think it's likely to go from stark white on day 13 to a line on 14, but I will test again tomorrow anyway.
    Like you, I am not willing to give up, although it is disheartening and hard at times. We are coming up for our one year TTC anniversary also and I certainly didn't think we would be still on this journey all this time down the line. Good luck to everyone still in the TWW, I can't wait to hear good news. We need some on this board!!
    Julie
  • Options
    We inseminated last night and this morning so our TWW begins. This is the first time I've actually felt good about the timing. Fingers crossed!

Sonnia- good luck!! I'm right there with ya! There are no tricks in surviving the TWW without making yourself crazy. The best you can do it stay busy in hopes you won't spend every minute of your day obsessing about it!

Pols- wow you were lucky before! I know how disheartening he wait can be. Hopefully you won't have to wait much longer

Prbs- don't give up just yet! sometimes it take a little longer to get a BFP. I've read that some women don't get them until after 14dpo. It's not over until AF shows up!
  • Options
    Another BFN test today, I guess we're probably out, but like 2mmams says, it's not over until AF shows up.
  • Options
    So I've made it 2 1/2 days....12 more days to go. Today I started feeling crampy and I'm a little worried. Has anyone had that experience 3 days post iui?

Don't give up ladies, this is such a crazy experience. *Hugs*
  • Options
    Ugh so many BFNs. We need a positive otherwise I'm starting another new board. It just makes me sad all the negatives.

SonniaMc cramping is absolutely normal. Remember they just shoved a catheter in your uterus. So please don't worry.

I hope for a BFP. Looks like we will be back in this game with medicated cycle in late June.