Options

TWW, baby dust alive!!

Comments

• Options
    So here I am again...in the TWW.

We scheduled the IUI for 40 hours post trigger, per my instance, this time because in the past I was pretty sure, based on what I was feeling in my body, that I ovulated beyond the "normal" 24-36 hours post trigger. So, when we went in today the doctor asked if I thought I had ovulated, and I said not yet, but while in the waiting room I felt a few twinges. So he did an u/s and confirmed that I hadn't ovulated yet and the follicle was about 24.5mm. He said based on the size and consistency, it looked like I would O soon. Within a few minutes, as the procedure began, I told him and my wife that I thought I was ovulating right then. They both looked skeptical and thought that I was just feeling pain from the speculum...which I was, but it was a different sharp, single-sided pain. So we did the IUI, I laid on the table for about 15 minutes and then, just because we were all curious, the doctor did another u/s... And guess what? I had ovulated! The follicle had collapsed! I couldn't believe it, right there on the table! Lol! The doctor said the timing couldn't be any better! Of course, that doesn't mean it will definitely work...but we are off to a good start. And to be honest, I was thrilled to know that I am in tune with my body and should trust my own instincts!

Hope everyone else is doing good!

Baby dust,
    Rebecca
  • Options
    Rebecca, that is awesome. The best timing ever! And what a big juicy follicle! I'm feeling so good for you right now, keeping everything crossed that everything is doing what it's supposed to right now! Isn't it bizarre how in tune we get with our bodies due to this process? Julie x
  • Options
    Hi friends-

Hope everyone is doing well. ABarrett, if you haven't POAS yet, you are a pinnacle of self discipline:) Sending positive vibes your way.

Rebecca, happy you are back in the game again, too.

My wife and I decided to give this month a go after all. I will get my IUI on Friday and then head up to Cape May for the long weekend with another couple. Things are improving for us in therapy and I am VERY glad I sat out last month to rest and recover. If this IUI doesn't work, IVF here we come!

Everyone, enjoy your weekends:)

Livvy
  • Options
    I was able to hold out and not take a home pregnancy test....took my blood test today at Kaiser, now its just a waiting game.

Hoping for a BFP, but prepared to stay positive and try again if I get a BFN.

Good luck ladies!
  • Options
    Good luck abarrett, I hope you are first time lucky!!

Livvy, that is wonderful news, I am glad things are feeling better in this stressful time and so happy you are trying again on Friday, hopefully a nice relaxing long weekend will be just what your body needs for conception! Fingers crossed for you!

I'm off to the Dr today for my follow up after the polyp removal. It's all been so easy and smooth and I have a fairly normal AF going on, so of course I'm hoping he tells me to just get started again right away! Ever impatient to be getting going again!
  • Options
    Got my results early this morning...its a BFP!!!! First IUI...super happy and thanks for all the baby dust!

I will take all this positive energy and send it to all of you.
  • Options
    Awesome news abarrett! Congratulations! here's to a happy healthy 9 months. Did you use medication or anything, or was it all natural?

My RE said I can try this month, everything is looking good apparently, so I'm on clomid days 5-9, going in for another ultrasound on Weds.

Wishing everyone a wonderful holiday weekend. Happy insem day, Livvy!
  • Options
    Congrats Abarrett!!! Your first IUI is very lucky and keeps us all hopeful that our bodies can get pregnant. After too many negatives I forget that a positive can happen.

Rebecca that is fantastic timing!!! I hope it is just what you need to get the job done. Please spermies meet that damn egg.

Livvy I am wishing you happy insemination and peace during your TWW.

Good luck Prbs! I am hoping this is your month. I am hoping it's everyone's month.

We will probably inseminate around June 21stish. It can not come soon enough. I am so ready to be back in this game. It is good we are not inseminating this month because my wife is pretty stressed and feeling as if her body is a failure for us and our family. She blames herself that we have not gotten pregnant. We bought the last two vials of a donor we love. We are hoping to successful first try with this donor. I just want to make this baby thing happen. We have a baby shower next weekend that I think will just be hard. They tested the same day as us and got very different results then we did. And of course their try was free. We love them and they are family it is just really hard for us. Why is it all the straight people in our life are getting pregnant whether they want to or not. And here we are forking over 1000s of dollars every month for the 20-30% chance of a pregnancy. It gets discouraging.

Cari
  • Options
    Cari, I hear you and I feel your wife's distress and frustration. I too feel angry with my body for not just getting on with the most natural thing in the world.
    We actually had a conversation with a straight couple who are very good friends with us who recently discovered that he is infertile which was a revealing conversation for us and them! Somehow the choice to use donor sperm is harder for them and they are looking likely to remain childless, where for us at least we have always known this was the only way for us to have a child, so it has never been an issue.
    Julie
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!

Prbs2002: I just used Clomid; it also helped that our donor has awesome little swimmers and (magically) the timing was great.

This is my first baby, first pregnancy..so I am both excited and a little afraid. I go in for my first beta today and then every 3 days after that. I hope everything progresses well! Not sure how much progesterone tells me but when I took my blood test the other day it was at 42.

I think I am going to do a little research on that.

Elliejo: I am glad that you are getting back in the game! The universe must grant you this gift...stay positive and don't give up!
  • Options
    Hi everyone, very nervous, I'll be going in for my first IUI on Thursday fairly new to this and not sure what to expect. My doc had me on Clomid for 5 days and I have to go in for another ultrasound on Tuesday and based on what they see she says most likely will do the IUI on Thursday.
  • Options
    Julie, my brother and sister in law are actually going through infertility issues. He literally only has 20,000 swimmers after cutting open his male parts and scraping them out. So they have enough for one shot at IVF. He is okay with a donor, but she is absolutely against it. Their struggle has been hard to watch. But it puts our whole thing in perspective.

Valerie, welcome to the group!! Wishing you all the baby dust that this IUI takes.

Everyone have a great holiday weekend!!! And hopefully very soon the board will be flooded with some more BFPs!!!

cari
  • Options
    Yes Car, It seems to bring up a whole other range of issues with straight couples. Struggling to get pregnant is just a harrowing experience regardless of who you are, I wish your brother and his wife the absolute best of luck and baby dust. Hopefully they can come up with a good number of embryos from their IVF.

I'm in the middle of my Clomid cycle, my few side effects seem to be being VERY hot, and man, it's hot this weekend anyway so I am like this bubbling cauldron! We are joking that I am boiling eggs ;-)

Happy memorial weekend everyone, I hope you get to relax and celebrate family and friends.
  • Options
    Thank you! @Elliejo went in for an ultrasound today and doc told me to give myself the trigger injection tonight and that everything looks great, not sure about the terminology but I had a follicle on each side, one was 19mm and the other one 20mm so he said that was good news
  • Options
    Good luck Valerie! Two follicles sound great! I'm going in for an ultrasound today to see what's going on in there after my 5 days of Clomid. How soon does your Doc think you will ovulate after the trigger? We might well end up TWW buddies, I'm hoping we might inseminate Friday or Saturday.
    Julie
  • Options
    Rebecca - I'm keeping everything crossed for you, it must be almost test time? It's time for your BFP already!
    Julie
  • Options
    Hey Julie, thanks for thinking of me. Unfortunately, timing isn't everything. We got another BFN. I am devastated. Moving forward we will probably take a break for the summer and when I got back to work at the beginning of the school year, we will begin IVF treatments.

I hope you have better luck very soon!

Rebecca
  • Options
    I'm so sorry Rebecca. This is so frustrating, I'm so gutted for you, it seemed inevitable with such timing. I hope you can relax and give yourself time to regroup. I don't envy you the prospect of IVF treatments while being back at work, are you a teacher? Sometimes with all the guessing and timing etc I wonder if it would be better to just take the plunge and do IVF as we end up spending so much money and emotional energy every month doing IUI.
    Sending big hugs to you, we will both get there in the end xx
  • Options
    Hi ladies!!!

Guess we reappeared just in time to share more good news...sorry for being MIA for so many months.The pregnancy was quite an experience full of the excitement & anticipation before each sonogram, taking pictures of the belly and documenting our journey as best as we could. Keeping up with the 2 jobs was also difficult since we did not go without challenges: sciatic nerve pain (horrible!!!!), shoulder bursitis (had to get injected), angular cheilitis (painful mouth lesions), anemia (tired like never before), and thyroid trouble (which I already had but just got whacky)... But our bundle of joy came early at 36weeks on May 21st at 4am weighing 5.5 lbs and weighing 17inches. He's a cutie!!! Just to refresh details about us: we are 2 mommies who did IVF in Sep. 2015, had a scare with our Hcg levels (maybe lost a twin??) but our little one survived??...and now we get to give you all lots of hope sending newborn baby duat your way!!! Don't give up ladies!!!!
    - Loving Nest Mommies
  • Options
    Meant baby dust!!! And the ??? were actually emojis...first a sad one thwn a happy one...Lol
  • Options
    Hi ladies-
    I love when I am gone a few days and there are a million posts to catch up on:)

Valerie, welcome to the club and good luck on your journey! This message board has been helpful--just to have other women going through the process. Are you triggering today? I had 2 follies this cycle, too, and am in the 2ww.

Julie, can't wait til you get to finally anticipate a baby again after your long wait!

Rebecca, I am very sorry you did not get a BFP this time. Doesn't get any easier, does it? I'm hopping on the IVF train, too, if this doesn't work. I work in education and am not sure if I could start IVF this summer or if I have to wait a few months...I need to do more homework. But my heart goes out to you. Many women say once they have success with IVF they can't believe how much time they tortured themselves with IUI!

Cari, good luck when your wife inseminates later this month. I SO relate to the resentments against straight couples who roll over on each other and are insta-pregnant. If the odds are stacked against us, why do we ALSO have to shell out thousands of dollars?! But alas, we'll all get there eventually:)

BTW I'm 6 dpiui and have zero symptoms. I'm okay with that. I've been staying busier this month with hobbies now that it's warm out, and frankly, I kind of feel like I'm passing time 'til we can start IVF. But never say never...

<3 Livvy
  • Options
    Livvy,

We'll be trying again here in a few weeks, at home this time, hopefully the change of scenery will help us be a little more relaxed and feel a bit more in control. We're also working on selling ours/purchasing a new house, so we've had plenty of distraction on this month off.

Hope all of you ladies are doing well!
    Fingers Crossed and Baby Dust! :)
  • Options
    Hello Everyone!! My hunny and I are in our TWW currently, my first IUI. We are due to test on 6/08. Please say a prayer for us / send some good vibes or however you believe because we sure could use them. We want a little one so badly.
  • Options
    Hi prbs2002 Thank you! :) I went in yesterday at 10am for my IUI and doc said everything looked great, he said the sperm count was 9 million. So now just wait!
  • Options
    Hi Livvy, thank you! It definitely feels good to have a group to chat with who are going through the same thing. I triggered Tuesday night and went in yesterday at 10am for my IUI, so now in the 2ww as well! Good luck and baby dust to you :)
  • Options
    So many in the TWW. Exciting stuff. I'm hoping June is the month for all sorts of BFPs. We all deserve to be moms now the universe just needs to agree and make it happen!! So excited for all the new members on this wall. Wishing everyone so much babydust. And so sorry for the bfns some of you have gotten recently. My thoughts are with you as well.
  • Options
    Hi everyone! I took a month off, as I have done before, but this time I totally checked out mentally. I didn't think about TTC at all and my wife and I enjoyed a wonderful week-long vacation in the Cape. I feel rejuvenated and ready to get back on the saddle! We switched from Clomid to Femara this cycle in hopes that will make a difference. If not, we will choose a different donor next cycle.
  • Options
    prbs2002 how did it go for you? Did you inseminate last week?

Sending you lots of baby dust!

It's only been 5 days since my IUI and this TWW is going by too slow lol
  • Options
    Hey yall. Just an updated. I'm 20 weeks with a baby girl :-)
  • Options
    Hi Scarlett, did you test yet? Keeping my FX for you.
    Valerie, how's the TWW treating you, any symptoms? When are you due to test/beta?
    I am in the TWW again now (as of 6/8) I ended up ovulating a little later than I expected but this is pretty normal for me. I had 3 big follicles which should make us hopeful but had some pretty intense cramping after my iui yesterday which has never happened before. I'm going on the basis that it did not work until I have proof otherwise, hoping that reduces the disappointment when I get that BFN!! On the other hand.... there might be THREE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, got that out, now back to being realistic, lol!