Options

Where are all of the Single Mothers???

Comments

• Options
    OMG!! That is great news!! :)
    almost 6 lbs - that is good!!

I'm so glad the testing went well and she looks like she will sit tight for the rest of the week!!

You are just days away now - it will be so exciting when you can finally meet her!!

Take care & rest up while you can - she'll be here before you know it!! Congrats!!
  • Options
    Endo: Thanks, girl... and happy dust to you and your little one(s)... going to be changing RE's as well since the one I have didn't tell me all the risks to the surgery he was so hot for me to have and I don't trust him to handle this.
  • Options
    Me...I'm here! IUI soon. Dr. did ultrasound to see if the ovaries or tubes were relaxed (I forget which) and has me on Clomid this week. I have butterflies in my stomach like you wouldn't believe...yet happy and hopeful.
  • Options
    DC808...Yea! Great news! Just relax and enjoy every minute of this experience. Keep your stress levels down and take care of your body by getting enough rest and eating well.

KUP
  • Options
    Welcome DC!! It is def an emotional little rollercoaster you just jumped on- but sooo worth it!! Best of luck on your 1st IUI!! KUP!! :)

Tigger - yes, you def need to feel confident in the Dr., so if you think you don't trust him, I am glad you are switching!!

Not sure what kind of surgery you had to have, but I have had my left tube and ovary taken out, a hemmorhagic cyst cut out of my right ovary and 9 laparoscopy and lasers to remove endometriosis on my uterus, ovaries, colon, etc.

My point: I was still able to achieve pregnancy! So don't worry too much - unfortunately this seems to be a bit of a numbers game and for whatever reason, God has you going through a few tries. But chin-up - this next time could be your BFP and all this stress will melt away!!

I'll be praying you find a better doctor for your needs and that you have success SOON!!!

Love,
    Kelley
  • Options
    Hello everyone. Preparing for my 5th IUI next week. I had great news today - I have several follicles responding which is a big improvement over the one mature one last month. I go back in 2 days to check on the progress.

I also have had some luck with free medication. My insurance will not pay for any fertility treatments until you have tried 12 times on your own. My doctors office said that many times the drug reps will give free samples to the docs and they inturn pass these drugs onto people who are self pay. So ask if they have any free samples...it can save several thousand dollars!

DC welcome to the rollercoaster but the ride is well worth it. My 3 year old son is proof and the reason I'm doing it again.
  • Options
    Jam - that's great news on your follicles!! Exciting stuff!! And thanks for sharing the info on the free meds - that's a solid tip!! I hear ya on the insurance - mine is a PPO and the most expensive coverage my company offers, but it still doesn't cover anything related to fertility. So frustrating!!

That's awesome to hear you have a 3 yr old and are back again, are you using the same donor? I am trying to decide if this pregnancy goes full-term, do I want to buy some viles in case I want a 2nd child? I am single- so on a single income, so I am unsure what I will do.

Regardless - I am sooo grateful for my one that's cooking now!! :)

Best of luck on this IUI!!!
    *bAbY*dUsT*
  • Options
    Endo Mama congrats on your great news. I loved being pregnant. I did use the same donor. Once the donor had limited vials, I scooped up some. I will keep some in storage even when I get pregnant. Just to be on the safe side. I have learned that you can never be to safe.

I'm also single and it was a big decision to have another. But in the long run it will be worth it.

I do the trigger shot tonight and have my IUI on Monday. Here's hoping.

Thanks for the well wishes.
  • Options
    Thank you everybody for your kind words. I have an update...my IUI's are this week! I have butterflies...Must relax...breathe...
    Om.....Om..........Om...........Om...........Om...
    ;D
  • Options
    DC808 good luck to you. Are you in the two week wait now?

I am 7 days into the 2ww on my 5th IUI and trying not to go crazy. Trying hard not to look for symptoms. I drove myself insane last month. My boobs are sore but they were the last 2 tries so who knows.

I am emotional. I cried tonight after realizing that since feb. I have spend almost $12,000 trying to have a baby and it hasn't worked yet. That's a lot of money. I felt guilty because that is money taken away from the child I already have. I know that if and when I get that positive it won't matter how much I spent.

I pulled myself together thinking of the fact that I really want my son to have a sibling and this decision is not just because I want another child, but I want a my son to have someone too.

If this try doesn't work I have one more try before my insurance will kick in and pay for some. But that means more money spent. Is it bad to think in those terms?
  • Options
    Ok, I'm 39, never tried to get pregnant, separated (filing for divorce) and I'm trying to figure out if I should attempt the IUI first or go straight for IVF... I'm going through a non-insurance private practice in NYC (I hear he helped JLo conceive). I really don't know where my biological clock is... just need to bounce off my anxiety...
  • Options
    Jam: No, it's not. I can speak from experience that it sucks to be a only child... you grow up in a adult world because your parents tend to over protect you... I'm just learning that's it's ok to still play... and I have fun every chance I get... which is why I want TWO kids... not just one... only having imaginary siblings to play with sucks.

AFM: Have my first appointment with my new RE on the 29th and, since I will surge TWICE in October, hoping to be underway again then.
  • Options
    Tigger - good luck!! you know I'm prayin' for ya!!

Jam- thank you and best of luck on the TWW!! I think we all faced with the reality of the financial aspect of this whole path and I think it's a natural part of the decision to try or not and it has to be a factor we look at... I don't think it makes us "bad" to stress over the money part- hell, that IS half the stress of the baby-makin' process when you try to conceive in a non-traditional or traditional way. I think it just means you are grounded in reality, weighing all your pro's and cons and I celebrate you and all of us for taking a brave step forward, taking a chance/chances for the sake of our children! If we don't, Lord only knows what we might miss. I just try to trust that God will work it all out - financial challenges included! Hang in there!!

Fateme- welcome!! I think it's great that you are looking into it. I know you know your doc is the best person to ask, but I wouldn't rule out IUI right away. I was VERY skeptical about the success rates and thought I may be wasting my time, money and emotions on IUI but couldn't quite swing for IVF out of pocket. And I am now pregnant after my 2nd IUI. So it CAN and DOES work. Maybe try it twice and then move to IVF? But hopefully, if you decide to try - it will work right away! Best of luck on this emotional journey! We're all here with you and for you- so KUP!!
  • Options
    EndoMama: How you doin', girlfriend?? As for the surgery I had, it was to clear a blocked fallopian tube... decided against the fibroid surgery since it isn't bothering me any.
  • Options
    Thanks for the support everyone. I do know that it is wise to look at the whole picture and in the end no matter what the cost a child is so worth it. I think I was just having an emotional day and everything got to me. Hey, maybe this is a good sign for my chances of actually being pregnant this time. Only 7 more days left in my tww.
  • Options
    Jam, **baby dust*** to you...I'm in the 2ww also, my IUI was on 9/10 and 9/11. So I have about one week to go. I do not have any symptoms...should I have had them by now??

Fateme, I'm also 39, and decided to do this after I got rid of my ex-fiancee, so I understand perfectly what you are going through! I wish you the best of luck with whichever you decide.
  • Options
    DC808 **baby dust** right back at you. I drove myself crazy with possible symptoms the last few times and had no luck so this month I'm trying really hard to ignore anything and just wait for the blood work to tell me. So symptoms or not I wouldn't worry.

Fateme, I'm also 39 and if this try hasn't worked I will try one more time with IUI and meds and then switch to IVF. Luckily my insurance will also kick in then. So good luck with your decisions.
  • Options
    Hi! I'm new to this and am happy for this board. I am planning to do IUI soon and am now shopping for a donor. WOW! Didn't think I'd get so overwhelmed as this is something I've been planning for a while, but I have.

I am glad to know that it is possible on the first try! Yeah!

So here is a question about choosing a donor, I've narrowed it down to 3 but one of them has "no pregnancies", is this a bad sign? Or perhaps just hasn't been chosen? Still getting my feet wet on how this all works and would be happy for advice, etc...

Thanks!
  • Options
    Hi -
    I don't know a lot about this - but the no pregnancies may be because he is a new donor. I think you can call and ask. Good luck!
  • Options
    Welcome Emgetc! No pregnancies is not a bad sign, like AimeeMac said he could be a new donor.

My doctor was not concerned about confirmed pregnancies. So I did not worry over this point.

I later found out my donor has 2 children and I am 24 weeks pregnant.

My doctor was please with his sperm count and motility, which is probably most important.

Good luck and baby blessings!
  • Options
    Hi!
    I'm in the process of trying to get pregnant. I haven't chosen a donor yet. This is the first time writing here.. just thought it would be nice to talk to other people who are experiencing or who have maybe already experienced getting pregnant this way. I would love to hear from anyone who wants to talk!
  • Options
    JPRANSK...welcome to the boards and good luck on this amazing journey!
  • Options
    Fateme, the first thing you need to look at is, what are the age cut offs for the IVF programs you are considering. IUI may work for you, but don't miss a better opportunity byassuming option will stay open if they won't. AT 39, the average woman's biological clock is past ticking. The alarm is going off and if you hit the snooze bar you might miss your train. 50 angry women will post not wanting this to be true, but it is. Just because one woman can get pregnant ant 45 does not mean someone else can too. I don't say this to stress you, but other people will blow sunshine up your skirt on this site and I know I alway prefer to be armmed with the truth. You still have a good chance starting now. Godd luck!
  • Options
    Thanks AimeeMac and Samsmom!

AimeeMac, you were right; when I called and asked, my donor is a new donor. I did choose that one so samsmom, it is encouraging to know you that it was not a point of concern and that you are pregnant. Congrats!

JPRANSK, hi! It sounds like we are both at perhaps close to the same point, though as of yesterday, I have chosen a donor. Whew! Exciting! As a newbie to all of this (I'm still learning how to do the bulletin boards), I am looking forward to reading through some of the older posts and "meeting" more moms and moms to be.

Have a great day!
  • Options
    I just reread the message I posted an hour ago, and I want to appoligise for the tone of that. I should have I should have read, edited and counted to ten before I hit send for that and other obvious reasons reasons. I do get frustrated by the tendancy on these boards to want to pretend age does not impact fertility, but I should have been calm and civil in expressing this. I'm sorry.
  • Options
    Does anyone have experience with Ovidrel? I'm 12dpo and just got a positive on my first preg. test this cycle:) I am under the impression that it takes 10 days for Ovidrel to get out of your system. I'm trying not to be too excited since I'm not sure if it could be a false positive from the ovidrel.

I've never POAS and had a positive. Even when I was really pregnant it took the blood test to show a positive. So this is new to me.

Welcome JPRANSK and emgetc. These boards are very helpful and full of support. Good luck to the both of you.
  • Options
    Hello Fateme and welcome,

All women vary. Don't get hung up on the statistics. You don't one day turn 36 and all your eggs become dead and useless. There are plenty of women in their 20's who can not conceive. There are also plenty of women on this board who conceived and gave birth to healthy babies in their late 30's and early 40's.

I am not saying it will be a piece of cake, but that would be the case if you were 29 or 39.

I suggest you talk to your doctor and see what he recommends.

Baby blessings to you on your journey!
  • Options
    I just got the call, I'm pregnant. Yeah. It took 5 IUI's this time but it worked. I turn 40 in 2 months so it is true some women can still conceive at this point but it was harder and more fertility drugs than when I did it even 5 years ago.

***Baby Dust**** to all.
  • Options
    Congrats Jam1120!
  • Options
    Hi
    I am new to these boards. It's very encouraging to know I am not alone. I am single 36 have just finished all my blood work and tests (HSG, FSH etc) and I have the go ahead. I have picked my donor 11370 and am going to place the order tomorrow. Any advice on how many? I was thinking 6 vials. Any suggestions? Has anyone else looked into this particular donor?