Options

Where are all of the Single Mothers???

It's been 5 days since anyone has posted over here. Let's use this thread to get an update on all of the single moms trying to conceive. :)

Comments

• Options
    OK....here's one "almost" single mother!!!!! I am going in for my first IUI on Friday! I am sooo happy and I can barely wait! I'm nervous and hope it works out on the first try. I'll be doing back to back IUI. One on Friday then one on Saturday!

I've got to say I'm also extra happy because I hired someone to cut my grass starting this week! Because if my IUI does work....I probably shouldn't be out in 105 heat index cutting grass for two hours. I'm taking all the precausions I can. No more caffiene either....that was ruff!
  • Options
    Hi,

This is my first time and I am starting with ivf. Im so scared and excited at the same time it's crazy. I really want this to work and result in a multiple birth. I have my fingers crossed and send up a daily prayer : )

Good luck to all the moms in waiting.
  • Options
    Hi,

I'm a single mommie to a 21-month old boy, getting ready to start TTC in August. Already bought vials a few months ago! My plan is for IUI, but due to crazy work schedules may wind up doing some home attempts, too. I want my babes less than 3 years apart, so crossing fingers I have success by December. Since I'm 40 it may be a challenge!

Best to all!
  • Options
    I'm going to be a single mother, currently about 6 weeks pregnant. I got pregnant on my 1st iui try.
  • Options
    kbart...One more day until your first IUI! How exciting! Are you doing a medicated or unmedicated cycle? Good choice on hiring the lawn service too!

msznqc...welcome to the boards! So, have you done any IUI/ICI's? From your post it appears that you went straight to IVF. My doctor wouldn't even consider it until after so many failed IUI's. Oh,well...I'm currently 26 weeks pregnant with a little girl. For those of you who don't know, we got pregnant on our first try. So, it is possible! :)

nettibug...welcome to the boards! Congratulations on having a 21 month old! They must be so much fun at that age! I hope you get your BFP right away!

hopingntrying...I hope all is going well with you and the little one! You're just another example that it is possible to get a BFP on the first try. :)

Good luck to everyone and please KUP!
  • Options
    Finally got a date for my U/S: 8 July... sigh... seems I have a thing for 8's: Had my HSG on the 8th of June. Hoping to be back in the TWW either late July or August depending on what we find.
  • Options
    I wasn't single when I got pregnant but my partner left me soon after, even tho we planned it together. I now have a beautiful 8 month old son! I wouldn't change a thing. It worked on the first try. I encourage everyone single or not to have at least one child. The experience is amazing! My ex doesn't know what she missed out on.
  • Options
    staceylpn...first off, welcome to the boards! Secondly, I'm sorry about the ex, but I truely believe that everything happens for a reason. This happened to one of my good friends too. It was devastating, but she's doing great now. Congratulations on the little 8 month old! It must be very exciting!
  • Options
    hopingntrying.....wow....what great news to hear you got pregnant on your first attempt. That gives me some hope! Congratulations!

MistyandCarla...I am doing this on Clomid...without it my basal temp was everywhere other than what it should have been. The egg would not have a chance at sticking! I hope it does the trick! And yes!...I'm so excitied I can barely take it! I hope you guys are doing well! And just like I said to hopingntrying...hearing that you guys got pregnant on your fist attempt really gives hope to people like me! Little girls are so special....you are blessed to have yours! She'll be here before you know it! Smiles and hugs to all!!!!!
  • Options
    Hi, I have just done my second IUI and I'm hoping for the best of course! I'm almost 40 and single and I hope to be a mom soon...
    Best wishes to everyone
  • Options
    kbart...Time does go so fast! We're at 26 weeks today! We're on the countdown...only 14 more to go!

stephp...welcome to the boards and good luck during your TWW! KUP on your progress and symptoms!
  • Options
    Hi, I'm a single mom of a wonderful 2 1/2 year old and just had my 3rd IUI a week ago to try for another. I find out on 7/3 and wishing the 3rd time is a charm. It was with my son.

Good luck to everyone. I absolutely love being a single mom.
  • Options
    I'm working on it! : )

Am having my first IUI in July or August if all goes according to plan.

Trying to decide whether I should try some Clomid.

So nervous and hopeful!
  • Options
    Hi I'm taking a break this cycle to have a SIS test done on my uterous! Hopefully everything is ok! I have tried 3 consecutive cycles with 5527 and all BFN!!! Thus I am picking a new donor!! I have two more cycles of injects, then I am forced to go to IVF. Thats when the big money will come in, but I'm going to find the money for IVF!!! I dont care if I have to beg, borrow or steal!! LOL Well Glad you made this thread MistyandCarla. Hope we all get our BFP and soon!!!
  • Options
    jam...welcome to the boards and congratulations on the 2 1/2 year old! We'll be praying that the third time is your final try! Good luck and KUP!

apple...First IUI, huh? Very exciting! Are you seeing an RE? Ours wouldn't start with medicine...said we had to have 3 unsuccessful tries before they would even consider it. It all worked out for us without the medicine and it could for you too! We didn't have IUI insurance coverage, so we opted to try the cheaper way first. :)

jrials...May I ask what a SIS test is? Good luck in picking a new donor. I've read a lot of posts of girls that choose a new donor and had success on the first try!

Baby Dust and prayers for all of you!
  • Options
    MistyandCarla,

I'm working with an ob/gyn for now - might switch to an RE if things don't work out.

I'm older (37) although so far, my tests look really good. Doctor seems to think Clomid will give a good boost to my ovaries. I don't want to waste time if I need it - but don't want to do that to my body if I don't need it. Gah. Decisions!

How many IUI's did you do?
  • Options
    Well, the good news for you is that I'm 36!!! And, I got pregnant on our first try!!!! We did use an RE, but I'm sure an OB will get the job done too!

Good luck, dear and KUP!
  • Options
    MistyandCarla - Hi an SIS, is test where they check to see if my uterous is ok...to make sure nothings wrong!! I get it done July 1st. Im taking a break this cycle, and I will be picking a new donor!! Any suggestions?
  • Options
    jrials, it a SIS differnt than an HSG? The HSG, from what I've heard, checks the tubes, etc. to see if there's a blockage.
  • Options
    Misty - Yes I guess this one checks ur uterous.
  • Options
    I just saw the fertility doc last week. I have been off of birth control for 5 weeks and still no period. My FSH levels were high but my ultrasound looked good (trilayer uterus, follicles in my ovaries etc). Next step is waiting for my period and the Clomid challenge. any advice.
  • Options
    marsamcilla,

Welcome to the boards! :)

Hopefully AF will show up soon! It's funny how our lives revolve around AF! Some of us are waiting for her to show up in preparation for the IUI and some of us are hoping that she never shows up to get us our BFP! It's a crazy, crazy cycle!

Good luck and KUP!
  • Options
    Hi Everybody! I am 12 weeks pregnant, 1st try IUI and hoping the 'morning sickness' that lasts all day will start to subside soon. All in all has been a wonderful experience . I wouldn't trade my tired, sleep all the time, can't remember a thing, for all the money in the world.
  • Options
    samsmom...CONGRATULATIONS, GIRL! Very exciting! I know what you mean. No matter how bad I feel, I try not to complain about it...it's a blessing to have all of the symptoms!!!
  • Options
    HI; I guess I am the oldest on this board at 48. I looked up and time had passed...but, I still ovulate and I am currently shrinking a couple of fibroids. I will do IUI in September. I have faith that it will work...on the first try. I wish I could have twins, but God willing, I will have 1.
  • Options
    Hi Misty, Thanks for the encouragement! I always smile when I read your posts- I have been keeping up just haven't been communicating. You are over the half way point- how does that feel?

Baby Blessings to you Doc! Hope all goes well
  • Options
    Doc:
    You've taken my place!! I'm going to be 46 on the 14th... prayers and dust for all of us... we WILL get our kids.
  • Options
    Doc...welcome to the boards! It sounds like you're well on your way! Keep the faith...I am proof that it can work on the first try.

samsmom...Yes, we are over 1/2 way! We start our 3rd trimester tomorrow and begin the 13 week countdown! I am now feeling her kick and move every day and it's such a wonderful feeling! I'm one of those who's going to miss being pregnant...I love knowing that I have a little life growing inside of me. We have a check up today...I'll post an update when I get back. Please KUP on your journey.
  • Options
    Thank you all for your positive vibes! I feel certain that I will conceive, and now with the support of you, I am even more sure. Peace and Blessings and dust to all
  • Options
    Hey Misty,

How did your appointment go? 3rd trimester! The time flies by so quickly- enjoying it while I can. I am so excited for you. KUP