Options

Where are all of the Single Mothers???

Comments

• Options
    Thank you DC808 for the clarification! And YEAH for you :) I hope I have your luck when I go in for the 1st time:)
    Thanks Emjetc.. thats pretty much what I've been reading on here and hearing as well. What ever it is it is.. i'm ready for it!
    Well great to hear from everyone!
    Waiting for my period to come then my process starts! (I've never been so eager to get my period.. weird!!)
  • Options
    Hi I am new and had my HSG two weeks ago. Waiting on insurance ok and then will be going for my first IUI in a couple ow weeks. I am single, 41 and still have not met MR. Right. I looked at donors and have pretty muche narrowed down. It is hard. I hope I get pregnant on first try
  • Options
    Hi I am new and had my HSG two weeks ago. Waiting on insurance ok and then will be going for my first IUI in a couple ow weeks. I am single, 41 and still have not met MR. Right. I looked at donors and have pretty muche narrowed down. It is hard. I hope I get pregnant on first try
  • Options
    Hi Rose,

I am new as well, I am not trying until November though.

Choosing a donor was very difficult for me as well. I listened to so many audio profiles!! But finally made my decision.

I hope all goes well for you!
  • Options
    Hi Rose. I am fairly new as well. I had my initial doctor's appt today.

I am 37 and thought I met Mr. Right but found out I was very wrong. So I decided to do this.

So far it looks like my first try will be in November.

I have been searching for a donor for a couple weeks now. Yes it's very difficult but I think I have narrowed my choices down to about 5.

Good luck to you.
  • Options
    good luck aida402 and Teddy Tails. I hope all turns out well for ya'll.
  • Options
    does anyone know of any good childrens books that have single parents who decide on donors? I cant find any.
  • Options
    Two of my favorites for single moms are:
    Our Story - for children conceived by DI into single parent families "One day I said 'Have I got a dad?' Then Mum told me all about how a hospital helped her to have a baby, even though she hadn't met the right person to be my dad. I am really proud my Mum could do this and I am proud of us and our family"
    you can find it here:
    http://www.donor-conception-network.org/dcn_pubs.htm

and the other is:
    Just The Baby For Me
    by Barbara Levin
    you can find it here:
    http://www.lulu.com/content/2475872
  • Options
    Hello,

I'm single and I just became pregnant on 9/4 with my first IUI. I am so happy. I have my first prenatal exam on 10/12 and I have only told one person I'm pregnant. I know it is silly, but it does not seem real yet. I'm afraid I will jinx things if I tell people before I hear a heart beat. I did this due to health issues and feel blessed it worked right away. Any suggests on how to tell people will be a great help. Thank you.
  • Options
    Hi VVNJMOM,
    I was just thinking I wanted to go to Barnes and Nobles or Borders and look for some books too.. so thanks this helps me too! I actually went online too pixiecat30 and found Just the Baby for Me on amazon.com.

Hi Adarra.. congrats on finding out your pregnant! I'm going to be doing my first IUI in about 2 weeks. Do you use clomid? I wasn't going to on the first try but it sounds like most people do.

Good luck on the 12th.... I'm not pregnant but have told my immediate family what i'm planning on doing. I was nervous about some of my family members and what they would think but turns out EVERY single one of them is so happy for me. I think if you just tell me and feel confident about your decision then thats all that matters. If people are going to judge you then there not people you want around you are your baby anyway!
    Good luck.. I hope I have the luck you did on my first IUI.
  • Options
    Thanks VVNJmom. Let me know if you know of anymore.

congrats adarra, I know how you feel I had lots of health issues till deal with before and during my pregnancy, I will keep you in my thoughts.

jpransk good luck to you too!!!
  • Options
    pixiecat30

Check out The Learning Center on this website has the CCB Bookstore with books and videos that might help.
  • Options
    Met my new RE on Tuesday and decided that I want to try one more IUI but with meds this time... that way I can say I did all I could with what I have before I move to egg donation... IF I'm not successful this time. I will surge twice this month so I'm hoping to go at the end of this month.

Good luck to everybody else!!
  • Options
    Hello JPRANSK,

No, I did not use clomid. The doctor wanted to try without meds the first time and see what happened. He was right, it worked for me. I really hope you have the same luck I did.

Thanks for the good thoughts pixiecat30, we can all use those in large doses.
  • Options
    Hi Adarra,
    Wow.. thats great news then! Best of luck to you :)
    I hope I will be posting the same news as you in a few weeks!
  • Options
    Thanks aida402
  • Options
    Hi all,
    I'm new to this too and getting very excited! I will be a single mother by choice and really feel as though this choice has liberated me! Am waiting for my surge in next couple of days and then my first IUI! After a few practice months with the Ovu. Predictor Kit with lines, I finally settled on the one with the smiley face :-) That way I would not over analyze!! So, my one question to start is, "What does BFP mean??" I see it on this board a lot!!!
  • Options
    Luv: BFP is the ONE thing we ALL want to see on our pregnancy tests: Big Fat Positive!! There is a thread here that explains all the abbreviations we use... take a look at it and soon you'll realize why a BFN makes us so unhappy...
  • Options
    EndoMama: Glad you're doing okay, girlfriend!! I'm going to try a medicated IUI for my last try before I head for IVF... wish me luck!!
  • Options
    Good luck ualtigger... goof luck to you to luv! I too decided on the CBE. A smiley face is much better and easier to read than a line. I'm too afraid my eyes would be playing tricks with me.
  • Options
    JP: Thanks, hon... I always have used two different OPK's... so far, haven't been wrong yet... and hope the next time that I use them it will be twenty one months before I need them again!! My little one(s) would be a year old then!! :)
  • Options
    Hi Girls,

I've been out of town and find myself again trying to catch up on all the "news". Congrats to those who got BFPs this week! Very exciting.

As for me, BFN. Crazy thing is I dreamed it first on Friday night and spent all of Saturday debating on to test or not to test. Finally did it on Sunday to a NOT PREGNANT result. UGH! My body confirmed it today.

I'll be trying again in a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    Hi Ladies,

I'm scheduled to have my first IUI on 10/09. I'm excited and scared at the same time. I was informed today that I have four matured follicles, which means there is a chance for a multiple birth. My doctor wanted to do 2 IUI in this cycle, but it might just be the one since, my donor sperm has not arrived at their office yet. If it gets there tomorrow, I will be insemination the same day and the next day too.

Wish me luck!!!!!
  • Options
    MzDnya, Good luck!

JPRANSK, when do you try? I'll be trying again in two weeks.
  • Options
    Hi Ladies,

I just completed my two IUI cycle today.
  • Options
    Hi MzDnya,

Did you just go in for an ultrasound and they seen the 4 follicles?
    I went in on day 3 of my cycle and they found 11. I am going back in tomorrow for an ultrasound.... taking my opk every morning (and afternoon) because I don't wanna miss it.. lol! So we'll see how many follicles I have tomorrow..
    When will you go back for the blood test to see if your pregnant?? It's 12 days before they can do a blood test right?
    Also.... you did 2 IUI's in one day??
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you... hope you have a BFP :)
  • Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm hoping to be a single mother soon. On day 7 of 2WW with first IUI. I am absolutely convinced I will get the BFP. I probably shouldn't put too much pressure on myself. A BFN will crush me. I know I shouldn't be so impatient, but the timing would be soooo perfect if it works this time.

Baby dust to all! It sounds like many of you have been lucky on the first try. Should I start testing on day 10, or is that too soon?
  • Options
    Tigger - best of luck!!!! Thinking of you!!! :)

JJones - if you used meds you may want to wait till 12 dpi... I tested early and it caused me extra anxiety. Try to wait if you can - but that's easier said than done, I know!!!

My two cents on follicles- I was super concerned over follicle count. I had 4 on Clomid and got a BFN and then the next cycle used the $1400 shots and only produced a cyst on my ovary and one viable follicle. I stressed and thought for sure it wouldn't work- but the sperm count was great and I actually got a BFP! So don't let yourself worry too much over the number of follicles- for it truly only takes one!!!

Best of luck to all you mommies-to-be!!!
    *baby*dust* to you all!!!
  • Options
    Thanks, EndoMama. I'm going to take your advice. I used clomid, so I will probably test on Saturday. By the way, what does dpi stand for?
    It stinks that you had to pay so much for the
    shots. I am lucky in that my insurance will pay for pretty much anything! God bless all of you ladies who are paying for this out of pocket.
  • Options
    Oh I had to pay for everything...
    Good luck to you all! My E.D.D. is June 1. I'm now at one month. Very exhausted, very sore breasts, and having very bad dreams. I have my first ultrasound in 2 weeks-will I be able to get pics then? It'll be my mom's birthday, and this is her first and only grandkid. (I still haven't told her yet and was hoping to be able to surprise her with a pic)