Options

Where are all of the Single Mothers???

Comments

• Options
    tigger...it sounds like the begining of a triphasic chart; which is just what normally brings on a BFP! I had a triphasic chart and as you know...little Reece is well on her way.

Check out this site...you can even post your chart and those ladies can let you know what they think.

http://www.twoweekwait.com/community/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=38

Here's my chart...

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Richmond-Salisbury

Good luck girlfriend!
  • Options
    samsmom: YAY!! Another lil woman!! Glad things are going good for you.
  • Options
    MaC: So, if that's the case, my temp should continue to be high, yes? By the way this only covers the last five days...
  • Options
    Full support from me to all in the TWW. For some reason this time I'm going a bit crazy with the time. This is my 4th try this time and I'm usually more relaxed. I've done this before and it took 3 tries to work so maybe because this time is longer...Every sign or twinge I'm wondering if this is it.

It's great to read all your posts and see I'm not the only one. Plus I love the support of being a single mom. People thought I was nuts the first time and now that I'm doing it again, I can tell they still think it. But I know I can do it.

Misty and Carla thanks for the website, I'm going to check it out.
  • Options
    tigger...yes, you never want your temperature to go below your baseline.

When you say the last five days, do you mean that you have only tested it for the last five days? If so, you won't know what your baseline is, but I would say the same principles still apply.

I would take my temp at the same exact time every day with a BBT thermometer. (even on my days off) Each day after the IUI, I would get so nervous when taking my temp because I was terrified of getting a low reading and by that I would know that I would not be getting a BFP. But to my surprise, it remained up and I new (hoped) that if BBT was really accurate at producing BFP's that we were pregnant even before we tested.

Does that make sense?
  • Options
    Yep, it does & that's what I'm using... my "normal" body temp runs about 98.1... and that's after acting crazy all day, not when I just get up... & I'm still above my normal temp... talk about HOT!! Usually it takes a bit to make me sweat... not since Saturday... I start as soon as I start working!!

I feel surprisingly calm about all this... guess I got all the worrying out over the past few months, eh?
  • Options
    Yay UALTigger! Hooray for calm :-)

One calming tip from me (aside from guided meditation - do a google search for audio dharma!): knitting.

I've been looking at the research on knitting and our brain chemistry, and it's pretty amazing stuff, especially when going through stressful times:

http://www.news-medical.net/news/2004/04/19/627.aspx

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19367130?ordinalpos=2&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DefaultReportPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

I wasn't raised to learn girly-girl skills, and am brand-spanking new to the art of knitting. I picked up a "how to" book/kit, and failed the first 20 times. I watched 2 youtube videos, and burst into tears of frustration (I didn't know how to even do a slip knot). Then my friend picked it up with me, and together we've figured out how to at least do a knit stitch. Now, I'm working on my first project: a purple hat for my friend. After this, I'll try to learn the perl stitch, and begin making a baby blanket :-) :-) :-) There's something about preparing for success that makes me feel good :-)

Note to any women in treatment: seriously, ask your doctor if they've seen the research. 2 of my girlfriends work in the field and are fascinated with the notion of knitting helping "mend" the brain from trauma.

As for where I've been since my failure - my girlfriends and I have MAJOR *celebrated* not getting knocked up the first time! In fact, I"m a full 5lbs heavier than before I started trying to get knocked up, and I'm loving it! I know I ought to be depressed and blue, right? But they stormed my house with the tv show "Absolutely Fabulous" (I'm apparently the Patsy of our crew :P) and haven't allowed me much time to feel sorry for myself. And their attitude is kinda contagious :)

My blood sugar tends to run high, so I've been eating Sprinkles cucpakes (red velvet... mmm....) and ginger candy like there's no tomorrow. I've been out making this Italian cocktail I adore for my girlfriends (prosecco, fresh lemon sorbet - it's not hard at all, shot of vodka in the first one). I'm contemplating a nice sunburn after a day at the jacuzzi and steam baths. In fact, if any of you women have a trampoline handy, every mom I know says trampolines are no longer ok after I'm knocked up, so bring it on over and I'll serve you sushi and cocktails for the favor :-) My friend's daughter and I sneak out to Starbucks for caramel light frapuccinos... In other words, the way I'm staying calm through this process is that a "No" result is apparently a cue for my own personal fat tuesday/mardi gras : In fact, but for my being on CD9, I'd already be up North for hotsprings weekend :P
  • Options
    brunella...GREAT ATTITUDE! I love it! :)
  • Options
    MaC: Well... it seems right now my temp is holding level... today is at 98.17 and the past two days was 98.16. I am 6dpiui right now... and still calm as heck about it all. Little bit of a tummy ache and slight cramp on my left but nothing uncomfortable.

And I KNOW I'm not the only one out here... ladies?? How's everybody else doing??
  • Options
    Tigger...sounds great! May your temps stay up!!!!!!
  • Options
    Requested a day 7 tomorrow so I can check my progesterone levels to see if ovulation did occur... didn't have one the last time. From my curse of reading, anything over 10 is good on a unmedicated cycle.
  • Options
    Got my 7dpiui test and I'm at 17!! So, one less thing on my mind... plus temp went up a click today... 98.18.

Where and how is everybody else doing??
  • Options
    10dpiui for me... and my BBT shot through the roof today... I went from 98.09 yesterday to 98.60 this morning... resisting the urge to test... hard but still resisting!!
  • Options
    Baby dust, tigger! If it were me, I'd already be POAS ;)
  • Options
    Nettibug: Giiirrrlll... you just don't know!! Those damn things are calling to me... by my ENTIRE name... middles and all!! I'm 11 dpiui and RESISTING!!
  • Options
    Stay strong!! I tested early and found out I am preggers - but my levels are low and they said it may be because I tested a few days too early- so they are concerned and can't tell me much till Monday when I retest my blood.

So I wish I had been strong and waited because now I am minorly freaking out that I may miscarry!!! =(

Please keep your fingers crossed that my HcG and Progesterone levels jump up a bunch by Monday!!!

*bAbY*dUsT* to all!!!!
  • Options
    EndoMama: Done... get some progesterone cream and start rubbing that in twice a day. Believe that helped my levels... I was @ 17 on 7dpiui and only needed to be @ 10 since I'm unmedicated... can't hurt!!
  • Options
    EndoMama- Congrats on your BFP!!!! I will pray your numbers go up and up!
  • Options
    Thank you ladies!!! I am using the Progesterone cream 2x in the morning and 1x at night.
    I was at 6 and he wanted me at 20ish. But I tested almost 3 days earlier than I was supposed to- so I am praying that I will catch up w/ good numbers by Monday!!

From what I understand I have a 50/50 shot at it responding well to the cream and being ok or it could just be an abnormal pregnancy or eptopic. If the #'s stay about the same or go down- it's no good, if they go up - even some - there's hope!

I will def let you know Monday what I find out!
    Thanks so much for the prayers- we need 'em!!!
  • Options
    Endo...First congratulations on your BFP! I'll keep you in my prayers, but I'm sure the low numbers are from you testing too early. Our doctor wouldn't even test until we were 16 dpiui because they told me the numbers wouldn't be accurate.
  • Options
    Well.. as of right now, the heifer is LATE... wondering if I'm going to test tomorrow or not... I was four days late with my last IUI... well, ladies, what do you think??
  • Options
    UALTigger- Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! Uggh the waiting!

MistyandCarla- The final countdown is almost here! Very excited for you!

Congrats EndoMama!
  • Options
    Hello everyone :) I am new to everything about this and would like to know if there is anyone over forty that has had success with these procedures?

Thank you
  • Options
    2wings...hello and welcome to the board! I'm 36 years old and about to give birth to a baby girl from my one and only IUI. Have you had any testing done to show any signs of infertility? If no infertility, then I say you have as good a shot as I did.

There are others over 40 on these boards...hopefully they will see your post and respond. If not, I would suggest that you start a new post with that as the title...it will catch their attention and allow them to respond to your question.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Thank you girls!!
    I did the re-test of the blood work this morning and should know something late this afternoon. Ooohhh the waiting..... praying for good numbers!!

Tigger- Hang in there babe!! I think it is ok to do a pee test but if it's positive, wait to do the blood test until you are supposed to... otherwise you may end up like me having them freak out over your #'s!!

MistyandCarla- SOOO EXCITING!!! Almost here!!! KUP!!
  • Options
    UPDATE:
    The baby is doing great!!! :)
    Got my numbers back and they have jumped way up!!
    So it was just because I tested too early!!

Thank you so much for all the prayers!!!
    Truly...

*bAbY*dUsT* to all!!!
  • Options
    Endo...Great news! Congratulations!
  • Options
    Endo: Great news on your numbers!!

AFM: The heifer came yesterday... only a day late this time. I had my pity party yesterday and am moving on to IVF now... want to try with my own eggs first and, if that doesn't work, a donor egg.
  • Options
    Oooohhh Tigger....
    My heart goes out to you!! I know you must be so disappointed but your time WILL come!!!

IVF is an exciting step though, your odds are now jumping way up, as the success rates are sooo much better with IVF.

I am sorry though, because I know it must be so frustrating and disheartening because it's not the way you wanted to have to go. But I am proud of you for pulling yourself up by the bootstraps and marching on to the next step!!!

I will absolutely keep you at the top of my prayers and I can't wait until you get on here soon telling us about your BFP!!!

All my love - (((HUGS)))
    and lots of *bAbY*dUsT*
    ~~~
    M&C- any news? Hope ur feeling well and Reece is still cooking nicely!! Thx for all ur support!!
  • Options
    Endo...as of yesterday, Reece looked great! Fluid was back up to 14 (from 8) and we passed the non stress test with flying colors. She weighs 5 lbs. and 15 oz. We have another stress test on Friday and if all goes well, we may induce Tuesday! One week to go!