Options

TWW SYMPTOMS

Comments

• Options
    I actually just got back from the doctors. We had blood work drawn to check the hCG level and it came back as a 2!! I'm not really sure what all that means, but I know that it had to be under 5. We have never been happier to hear that the levels finally dropped! We have been going back and forth having blood work drawn so many times in the last 2 weeks. I am hoping that my body is more fertile and we can have a sticky bean our next IUI. How long after your wife's hCG level was down, did it take for AF to come? Thank you so much ladies for this board! It has definitely been very helpful along this roller coaster ride.
  • Options
    @WestFamBam The entire process took us 5 weeks for AF to come back, but my wife hit 0 on HCG at 4 weeks and then AF came about one week after. Having other ladies to talk too has been really great for us too. Hang in there!
  • Options
    Half way through today... One week down and one to go! I can do this!!! If I make it through today without AF showing up then I'm already doing better than last time... I need every ounce of encouragement possible.
    I had very dull cramps this morning but they went away pretty quickly. I'm trying not to symptom spot as cramps could be from many things...

One day at a time ladies!!

@ans17 when do you guys get to hear the heartbeat or have your first ultrasound? Not sure how the process works after the BFP.

@WestFamBam I'm hoping this next time around is more successful for you. I know how hard it is as this has been our 8th IUI (7th this year and 1 in 2015)
  • Options
    @Kim You got this! One more week and those cramps could be implantation cramps. We heard the heartbeat about 7 weeks but we did have two ultrasounds before that. The first was just to make sure we had a sac and also to make sure it was in the right place.
  • Options
    Jami - do you guys want a girl or a boy? I kind of want a girl, but the wife wants a boy. Girls are so much fun to dress up, but boys are so much easier, in my opinion..
  • Options
    Hi everyone, sorry I've been MIA. We were actually traveling and visiting family. Try 4 was negative and my wife just had another IUI today. The follicle looked good and the sample was potent with REALLY good numbers, so prayers up and fingers crossed.

@mcosme64
    We attempted one ICI at home with 2 vials that we did back to back about 12 hours apart. Unfortunately we had no luck with it. The process was nice because we were home and it was an intimate setting. Let me know if you want details. Currently we just made attempt #4 today with IUI.

Baby dust to all!
  • Options
    @Kim for me I don't have a preference. I just want everything to be ok and the baby to be healthy. My wife on the other hand wants a girl.

@ShalDr1234, Good Luck with your IUI. It's nice you guys have been keeping busy. We've been stuck at home in the snow lol.
  • Options
    As each day passes, all I want to do is take a test. But I promisee myself I wouldn't until day 14... I actually don't have any tests in the house for that reason.
    Wishing we had any signs that I am pregnant... I told my wife last night tha I couldn't stop thinking about it. She decided we would go out shopping today to keep my mind distracted. 5 more days!!!
  • Options
    @Kim I keep thinking about you guys! Shopping is a great idea lol. I took my wife to the shooting range for a date night while we waited. It was actually a big stress reliever. What is the actual day you guys test?
  • Options
    Shooting range is fun! We test on Thursday morning.
  • Options
    @Kim I hope you had fun shopping. You're almost there. Are you still using the same donor as last time?
  • Options
    We ended up not shopping yesterday...wife got a migraine. So see spent it lounging with our pups. We will go shopping today!
    We are using a new donor this time. The donor we used the past 2 times is sold out.
  • Options
    We're on our third donor. I can't believe how quickly they sell out. It's a little disappointing because we probably won't be able to have the same donor when we do this again. I hope you guys are enjoying the rest of the weekend. We have are first ultrasound on Tuesday. I'm disappointed I can't be there because of work.
  • Options
    I know!! I keep checking his inventory frequently to make sure he has more in case this doesn't work out. I keep going back and forth if I think I'm pregnant or not... I feel crazy.
    Have your wife video the whole appointment!
  • Options
    @Kim a couple more days. I hope you get your BFP.
  • Options
    2 more sleeps until I test.. I honestly DON'T think I'm pregnant... which sucks... but who knows!!
  • Options
    @Kim I hope you are. How are you feeling? One more day!!!! We keep thinking about you guys. We had our first ultrasound yesterday and so far everything looks good. Next week we go back for the heartbeat. We're crossing our fingers.
  • Options
    I was thinking about you and your wife yesterday... hoping everything went well.
    I'm doing alright... ONE MORE DAY!! I had a small nose bleed last night, which apparently can be a sign, but idk how much I trust that. I haven't been temping this whole cycle, but I started Monday just to make sure it was still elevated. Monday it was 98.3. Yesterday and today it was 98.1. Normally if I'm about to start, it drops down between 97.9-97.7 So i'm hoping that's still a good sign. I haven't been AS tired as I was last week. I still keep feeling like I could start at any moment, but haven't.
    Keep those fingers crossed!!! I'll for sure let you guys know tomorrow!!
  • Options
    Nope... BFN... I'm pretty bummed.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry Kim. Can you get an accurate test when you take the trigger shot? How many IUI's have you had? We were really hoping you were getting your BFP this time.
  • Options
    I think the trigger tests out after the first 7 or 8 days... not sure. But, we went in for a base line scan yesterday and he did a blood test. I should get the results today. I still think it will be negative, but then we'll know for sure! We're going to try IUI ONE MORE TIME... And if that doesn't work, we're going to take a break for a few months. They're now thinking that there might be some sort of pelvic issue like endometriosis or fibroid... something preventing the egg and sperm from meeting up. But the only way to diagnose that is with surgery and that seems a bit extreme to me.

So... the plan is to get the answer today. If negative I'll stop the progesterone and start my cycle soon. Then we'll try again with Femara, Follistim and trigger shot, just like this time.

If NONE of that works, we'll take a break and think about if we wnat to pursue IVF or adoption. And I'm fine with either. I would LOVE to be pregnant, but the ultimate goal here is a child.

Thanks for thinking about me!! I'm hanging in there. Since we have a plan in place, I'm not sad. I haven't cried. It's all going to work out one way or another.
  • Options
    What did the results say? I'm confused about the fibroids. You should be able to detect them through an ultrasound. I actually had really big ones that needed to be removed. I hope things work out but I'm glad that you guys have a plan.
  • Options
    I'M STILL WAITING and it's driving me crazy!! haha. I called about an hour ago and the nurse said there was a delay in the lab, but she would for sure call me today by 4:30. So... I still have up to an hour to go.

The fibroids confused me too. I thought you'd be able to see them on the HSG, but maybe not? I feel more relaxed today then yesterday (although I realllly want to hear the results) but it's comforting to know there is a plan.
  • Options
    Kim any results? We would be nuts too waiting this long. I hope you get the BFP. When my fibroids came up on an ultrasound result. I was having horrible back pain and I will say the pain disappeared after they were removed. Do you have extreme pain in your back?
  • Options
    I finally got through to them yesterday right before they closed. Negative. So I stopped Progesterone last night and started my period this evening. So...we are officially starting again. I'll start Femara Monday morning and call to schedule my mid cycle scan. Hopefully this is the one!!!

I never have bad back pain. But always have TERRIBLE cramps.
  • Options
    I hope everything works out this time. When will you know about the fibroids? Are your cycles usually very heavy? I know that was a major symptom for mine. We're thinking about you guys.
  • Options
    I really don't think there ARE any fibroids.. With all of the scans and HSG.. I'm pretty sure they would have seen them. I'm thinking he may have just used that as an example.

I feel good about this time. Hoping it all works out, but like I said before, we have a plan if it doesn't and that brings me all kinds of comfort. I hate having loose ends and not having a plan. It drives me crazy. lol Even on vacation, when it should just be free time. I always have to know where we will be and when. It's probably my biggest flaw!

My period has been SUPER light this time. Steady, but much lighter than normal. I'm sure all these meds have something to do with that. I started Femara yesterday. I'll do the follistim injections this weekend and then a scan on Monday at 8:30.

One last thing, I have Hashimoto's, which is a form of hypothyroidism. I've been on medication for nearly 6 years now and it's been under control. I had my levels tested in March and had some adjustments, but everything leveled out around June. When I went for the blood work Thursday, my Dr wanted to just double check and make sure they were still good and turns out they were for sure elevated. TSH levels while TTC should be between 1-2. My levels as of Thursday were 5.35. SO... We upped my dosage and hopefully that brings it all down and makes a difference this cycle!
  • Options
    Does the Hashimoto's have anything to do with some of the cramps and can it affect the IUI at all? I really don't know anything about medical stuff.

We had a big scare today. My wife texted me that she was bad back pain again and had to go to the Dr this afternoon. We did have a heartbeat and the baby is ok so far. The only thing is my wife has a hematoma with the pregnancy so it's something we need to keep an eye on. She also has to take it easy more. We're so nervous and stressed out. We just want to get through these nine months just like I know you've been waiting for the BFP. Well I hope the rest of the week goes well for you.
  • Options
    I haven't done any research on Hashimoto's in regards to cramping, but I have read that, if untreated, it can cause infertility issues. And, like I said, I have been treating it for a while, but every now and then it just likes to do its own thing for a bit and go all crazy! haha I'll look into it more with the cramping, but I'm assuming with the levels evening out that the IUI will be fine.

That is terrifying!! What do you guys have to do about the hematoma? So glad you guys heard the heartbeat and everything is ok. Hoping that little bean sticks in there and is healthy!!
  • Options
    I'm glad you guys are on top on everything. So when do you go back to the Dr?

Well there's nothing we really can do except hope it doesn't get bigger. It's apparently something that does happen sometimes in pregnancy and it can fix itself in time they told us. My wife def needs to slow it down or she will end up on bed rest. It's certainly been a rollercoaster. Hoping everything works out.