Options

Two Week Wait!

Comments

• Options
    Thanks... I wasn't sure what to do now since I'd never been late before. So, since I started yesterday, should that be CD1 or today?
  • Options
    CD1 is the first full flow day of your cycle, so if you started last night, today is CD1.

I always figured that if I started before noon (and had a full flow,not just the spotting that can come on first), I'd count that day as day 1, & if it was after noon, then I'd go with the next day.
  • Options
    Talked with my nurse, Debbie, and will be doing the HSG before my next IUI. I asked for it, based on reading about it, and she agreed that I should do it. I don't want to waste time if I should be doing IVF instead. So I may not be back next month but July instead.

Dust, dust and prayers for all of ua.
    See you when I get back to TWW again!! :-)
  • Options
    I am 6dpiui. I was just wondering if anyone else has had side effects with the progesterone suppositories? They make me feel nauseous for half a day then bloated and gassy. Also cause problems with sleep such as waking up numerous times t/o the night.
  • Options
    hoping...
    i haven't had any problems with the suppositories, except that they are kinda icky. Did you get these symptoms the same time you started them or later on? I've been using them for 4 cycles now, and no problems.

So, AF showed up a little early. NOT happy. I am going to talk to the nurse and dr. about doing this "chromosome analysis" thing to make sure everything is okay with me. and i guess it's time to look into switching donors, which makes me sad, since #1 was so perfect. :(
  • Options
    Alysia,

I'm sorry dear...I hate it that AF showed her ugly face.

I think it's a good idea to talk to your doctor and see what all you can do to rule out any issues. That may help save time and money. I also think that switching donors has helped many people, so it is worth a try.

Hopefully next cycle will bring you a BFP.

Baby dust and prayers to you!
  • Options
    Alysia: DRAT THAT HEIFER!!! How many cycles have you done with your donor? I'd looking into that test you were talking about before switching first.
  • Options
    Chill, girl... CHILL!! You're gonna make mama nervous. Come on, implantation... come on, implantation!!
  • Options
    tigger,

That was my 4th cycle with that donor. 1st was neg, 2nd and 3rd were m/c, 4th was neg. the problem with the test is that it could be covered by ins. but might not be. if not, that's another $1,000. i don't know about the rest of you, but so far, i may as well have bought a brand new car with as much money as this has cost us. they also mentioned getting this AMH test, anti-mulleria hormone test (could be spelled wrong) but the articles i've read says it is kinda useless. anyone else heard about this test? had this test?
  • Options
    Hi All,
    I had my 1st IUI today. It was very anti climatic!! We had a post wash sperm count of 8 million and 40% mobility. I thought that would have been higher, but what can I do right. It was crazy to see the sperm actually on the ultrasound screen being shot in me!! Our RE is like did you guys see that splash of white color, that was the sperm going in!! My partner's like oMG!! It was crazy.

I was fortunate that I was able to come straight home from the IUI and just laid on the couch all day. I've been really gassy (TMI) and have been peeing a lot, but that's probably because I had to have a full bladder for the ultrasound so that they could see the uterus.

I'll go back in tomorrow at 10am for the 2nd IUI. But I have to go into the office after that, but fortunately its just for staff meeting and office work. No home visits of bouncing toddlers and preschoolers, that will be next week!!

I feel relatively calm, which is weird. I've waited my whole life for this and am excited but surprisingly very calm. I think it will all start to hit me during the TWW, which I guess doesn't start until Saturday??

Thanks for listening and please wish us luck!!

Baby Dust to all!!
  • Options
    I've felt sick since the same day I started the progesterone 3dpiui, alysia.

Alivin, congrats on making it 1/2 way through the iui. I wouldn't worry about the sperm count cause it only takes one. Check with CCB b/c if the count is too low them you will get reimbursed.

My day 1iui count was 15 million and day two was 28 million.

Welcome to the dreaded 2ww.

I was amazed at how calm I was after the iui also.
  • Options
    Jess...so isn't today CD15 or 16 for you girls? What day are you going to test? We're all cheering for you...BFP,BFP,BFP!

KUP.
  • Options
    She said that they were gonna hold out until Sunday since that's when mama started the last time... BFP, BFP, BFP!!

Dust, dust and prayers for all of us...
  • Options
    i never knew 2 weeks could take soooo long! this is my first try and we did the insemination on Wed the 27th (yes, only 2 days ago) any suggestions on how to keep myself occupied in the meantime?
  • Options
    Jess42257...We'll expect nothing but a BFP on Monday or Tuesday! Enjoy your weekend!

jesselynn...Oh, honey...I wish that there was an easy answer for that one! My only advise is to enjoy every second of your TWW...it will be over before you know it. My TWW seems like yesterday now and we're 22 weeks pregnant! Good luck!
  • Options
    jesselynn:
    What helped me (even though I ended up being BFN) was working, enjoying my friends and family and relaxing... that one was WAY easier said than done. And that's what I intend to do for the next TWW which will probably be in July.

Jess:
    The weekend will be over before you know it!! Dust, dust, dust... and prayers for all of us!!
  • Options
    thx you guys. i had no idea how awful the wait would be...trying to stay busy but mainly stay positive. i am still trying to figure out all the lingo too. LOL! i have got to stop googling "early pregnancy signs"! mistyand carla- congrats! ualtigger- i will keep you in my prayers for july.
  • Options
    Ok so I have offically begun the TWW.
    I feel calm, not anxious as I had thought I would. I have no symptoms, didn't really feel anything after either of the IUI's. I will go in 1 week for a progesterone test and then in 12dpiui an HCG test, which will be 13 days after IUI #1 and 12 days from IUI #2. And then I will repeat it in 2 days to see if the numbers increase.

This waiting is crazy!! I keep looking up pictures on line of fertilization and what stage i should be at right now!!

Keep the faith ladies and baby dust to all!!

Alicia
  • Options
    Jess: :(... but I will keep praying for you two.
  • Options
    Jess42257...I'm so sorry! Stay strong, dear...as discouraging as it is, try to keep your stress level low and prepare your body for your next IUI.
  • Options
    I have a question. This morning I finally broke down 9/10dpiui and decided to test. My bloodwork is due 6/5. I used the 1st response and got what looked like a faint positive, so i repeated it on a generic target brand and got the same faint result. Does anyone know how long the ovidrel takes to get out of your system? I took the trigger shot on 5/21 @750pm.

Now i'm second guessing myself for testing b/c I don't know if the results are real or not.
  • Options
    Look at this...

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Fertility/How-long-for-HCG-trigger-shot-to-leave-my-system/show/189281

Here's a quote from another..

The trigger shot stays in your system for 1 day per 1,000 units of your trigger. My trigger was 10,000 units, so 10 days. I did my test on day 11 and got BFN, so I knew trigger was out of my system.

If you do test and get a BFN, remeber it may be too early and your levels may not register yet on HPT.
    -----------------------------------------------

Good luck and KUP!
  • Options
    jess42257- you've been on my mind all weekend...I am so sorry! I will keep you guys in my prayers for next month.

As for this 2WW, its just awful. I dont know how else to put it! Its day 5, my doc doesn't want me to test until day 12 at the earliest.

I just keep trying to go on with life as usual. Easier said than done.
  • Options
    Hi Jesselynn
    I'm with you it's day 3 for me!! The wait is ridiculous! Thank goodness I have work the rest of the week to keep myself busy!
  • Options
    alivin-
    This is my first TWW so I didn't really know what to expect. I am not working right now, so its quite challenging to keep my mind occupied. I have finals this week, so that helps a bit.

MistyandCarla-
    I read that you had symptoms from day 1...do you think day 5 is too early to tell? I dont know if I have symptoms or if I just "think" I do. The mind is a powerful thing, ya know? What do you think?
  • Options
    mistyandcarla-
    Oops! I read someone else's post and thought it was you! Lol!
  • Options
    I am 11dpiui, had BFN this morning at 7AM and huge brown/red AF like flow/spotting four hours after.

AF isnt due for the next four days. Will get the blood test in three days. aggrr
  • Options
    At work today i had a beta hcg drawn and it came back as 28. I am 9/10dpiui. I don't go back to my re until 6/5. I had 2 different tests this am and both were BFP's.

Does this sound like a good number? I think i'll have it rechecked on wednesday.

Increase in cramping since 5/31 with persistent hot flashes all t/o the day and sore bb's.
  • Options
    jesslynn...

I also had symptoms since day 1...the first couple of days I had cramps which I associated with the IUI, but I also slept a lot...and I do mean a lot! My partner was wondering what was going on! I also never stopped producing CM...that was a big sign for me! About CD5 I had the sore bb's...a few days later I noticed my breasts were changing shape and color...I was also always hungry. I kept telling DP that I knew that I was pregnant and she now admits that in the back of her mind she was thinking "yeah, right...there's no way that she can know this early"...we'll I proved her wrong. :)

Check out the site two week wait.com (remove the spaces)and go to their forums. There's a forum called TWW symptoms or something like that. You can compare your symptoms with others. I lived on that website during my TWW.

Good luck!
  • Options
    hoping...I'm not sure about the BETA numbers...I hate to say either way being that I don't have any experience with the trigger shot.

I did find this though...

Week from the Last Menstrual Period Amount of HCG in mIU/ml
    week: value:
    3 5 -50
    4 3 - 426
    5 19 - 7,340
    6 1,080 - 56,500
    7 - 8 7,650 - 229,000
    9 - 12 25,700 - 288,000
    13 - 16 13,300 - 254,000
    17 - 24 4,060 - 165,400
    25 - 40 3,640 - 117,000