Options

ualtigger...how's it going?

Let me know where you are in the process.

Comments

• Options
    Hey girlfriend... what's up? I got my LH surge yesterday but I'm sitting this out again... for the 2nd time... and I'm having my U/S on the 8th of July... hopefully we can figure out what to do next.

I do know that when I used to pull my skin tight over my uterus area, there USED to be a bulge there... it's gone now. I've been taking lots of Vitex (chaste berry) since last month and that's said to shrink fibroids... something is working because that area now is flat as can be... so, although I know the fibroid isn't gone, it might be manageable now.

How're things with you?
  • Options
    ualtigger,
    so glad to hear from you. hang in there and just do what feels right.
    right now i'm on CD12 and waiting to see if I get a positive LH surge by Thursday since my RE office is closed for the holiday.
    Not sure if we should go ahead and do the IUI on Thursday or wait until the end of July when I cycle again.
    My RE basically said my FSH jumped from below 10 last year up to 12.8 and wants to limit the tries to 3. Not sure how I feel about that. He painted a pretty low chance picture but I don't feel that way and neither does my body. So, we'll see.

I have a feeling I'll get the LH surge by Thursday. If so, I'll let you know. Also, I started OPK testing on Saturday CD9 and had a fairly dark line but not equal to the test strips and it has faded daily.
    Weird. Who knows what that's about. Any who...do you know if there's a preferred time of the day to do the OPK? I was told "first urine" is best since it's concentrated and not diluted.

Your thoughts on it all...
  • Options
    wjlsbt...I'm not ualtigger, but I wanted to give you my opinion on testing for your LH Surge...hope you don't mind. :)

First of all, if at all possible, get the Clear Blue Easy Digital tests...they are so much more accurate. There's no guessing involved. The whole dark line thing was so "ify" to me.

Secondly...you should be testing more than once a day to insure that you don't miss your surge. I've read to many posts where women only tested in the morning and it was negative and then didn't test again until the following morning and they missed their surge! We tested 3-4 times a day. Here's what happened to us...we tested at 5am on Friday and it was negative, tested again at noon and it was positive. We went in for our IUI at 9am on Saturday. If I had waited until the next day to test, I would have already been about 17 hours into my surge.

This is just my opinion and what worked for us...good luck, my dear.

Oh, and one more thing...I don't like the fact that your doctor won't be in over the holiday. It's not like we have control over when we ovulate...with the business that they are in, they need to have someone available 365 days per year! That's really not fair for those TTC through their office! Sorry to rant!

Have a wonderful holiday weekend and I hope your surge comes soon!

Good luck!
  • Options
    I agree with Misty... I have the dollar tree tests but the CBE digital is my confirmation checker... everytime the DT's went positive, so did the CBE.

Also I'm taking wheatgrass... which helps to detox your body so it doesn't work so hard... also helps with FSH levels and starting accupuncture this month also... curse of reading... figure if these things help other high FSH'ers... mine was also 12.8... it can't hurt to try... some women were a LOT higher, did these things and now have babies to show for their efforts... I will too.

And the pkg that the DT tests came in say between 10 a.m. and 8 p.m. are the best times to test... my RE also recommends between 12 noon and 2:30 p.m... and I've always gotten my surge between those hours... I use the DT tests when I first get started... buy about 10 at a time and start my first test at 10:00... go every four to six hours until the test gets the dbl dark lines then get my CBE to confirm.
  • Options
    Hi all....I'm gonna add my opinion too if that's okay :)

I see you mentioned having fibroids and considering accupuncture. My experience isn't exactly the same, but I developed 2 cysts on my ovaries and one was a 27 so it got enormous (I could see the buldge through my skin). I had to rest a month and was exasperated after having 4 failed IUIs. I heard all the fuss about accupuncture and so I thought I'd try it during my resting month. It was incredible for me. The experience was....exactly what I needed to reclaim some sense of self after all the tests and treatments I'd been putting my body through.

Not only was I less stressed, but my Doc got my cysts completely gone in 3 weeks! I went twice a week, but it was worth it. I also took herbs, but only for the month I was resting, after the cysts were cleared, I stopped the herbs (my other doc RE didn't want me taking them).

Needless to say, I'm on my 5th 2WW so I don't know yet how much this has paid off in regards to getting prgnant, but I am a huge believer in this alternative support to your efforts. I think you'll enjoy it and wonder why you waited so long to give it a try.

Good luck and go for the accupuncture!!
  • Options
    Catchavez: Thanks for the info.. hoping you get your BFP. Like I said, SOMETHING is working 'cause that bulge I had there is GONE... or shrunk so much it doesn't show...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!
    I've been testing with the first morning urine and may have missed this cycle. If so, I'll be better informed for the end of this month try again. I appreciate all the info you choose to share. It's so helpful.
    I'll keep you posted.

Catchavez and ulatigger...glad to hear that you have taken the alternative approach. I don't have any thing going against me getting pregnant at this point. It's all good except slightly elevated FSH. So we shall see what comes of the efforts.

Baby dust and best wishes to you all.

MistyandCarla...how's Reece doing?
  • Options
    Two more days... then I go for my U/S... hoping to get back to kiddie making in August since I still want my HSG done...

Just thinking about what I would have gone through IF I hadn't decided to have the HSG done after my first IUI... would have been wasting time, money and my "man" for something that wasn't going to happen.

Hoping for the three good months afterwards!!
  • Options
    wjlsbt,

Thanks for asking about Reece...she's doing well. Growing more and more everyday...I know this because her punches and kicks get stronger by the day! :) I love feeling her move inside of me...it's the greatest feeling. We go in for another U/S on the 16th and we can't wait to see her then! Our pregnancy seems to have gone so fast...we are going to be 28 weeks this Friday, so only 12 more weeks to go.
  • Options
    MistyandCarla,
    Awesome news! Sending baby bundle prayers that she remains strong and healthy for delivery.
    I'm currently in my TWW and feeling extremely calm about it.
    Can't wait for the new U/S pics on your facebook page : )
    Keep me posted.
    -Wendy
  • Options
    We'll be sure to update the pictures!
  • Options
    And now, the tigger update...

Warning: TMI alert... and LOTS of it.

Being scheduled for a "tubal recanalization"... long words for a HSG plus a catheter inserted to clear out blockages in my tubes if possible.

Had the U/S today and Bert, my RE, said it appeared that fluid did come from my left tube but not the right one... I told him I want to make SURE my tubes are open before the next IUI so, hence, this... when?? Dunno... AF is due on the 10th which means I should LH about the 23rd so might be sitting out round three on this...

Bert is LUCKY that I LIKE him... otherwise he'd have size eight footprints upside his head right now... cramps my a**... that HURT!! Seems that my uterus is tilted to the right so it was difficult to get the tubing in which explains the problems with the HSG tubing as well...

So, looks like August for me... I just don't feel right in continuing without knowing IF my tubes are open... plus having this done gives me a good SIX months of trying instead the normal three with just a HSG.

Do have the fibroids... two of them but small now... been laying on the Vitex... supposed to help shrink them... plus my cervix is very, VERY small and I think Bert said he saw polyps there (waiting to hear back from Debbie on that one).

MaC: How's little Reece doing? And you decide on her middle one yet? I still like Miracle...

W & Catchavez: Hey girlfriends... how you?
  • Options
    tigger...I agree with you on waiting for an "all clear" before proceeding with another IUI. Sorry you're going through all of this though...it sucks!

Reece is doing well...we have another U/S scheduled for the 16th and we're anxious to see her again. They told us that we may be able to see if she has hair at this appointment...we sure hope so. We're on the countdown...only 12 weeks to go! Nope, still no middle name...I just keep waiting for it to hit me. We have list of middle name suggestions and Miracle is still on the list. :)

Thanks for the update.
  • Options
    MaC: Personally, I see this as a GOOD thing for me... can you imagine how much FRUSTRATION, heartaches (with all the BFN's I would have gotten) and not to mention MONEY I would have spent doing IUI after IUI after IUI... well, you get the point... if I DIDN'T know about the problems that I have??

At least this way, I can get the problems corrected and have a much, MUCH better chance of getting that BFP the next time I try!! I've only tried once so far so, finding all this out NOW, is GREAT!!
  • Options
    tigger,
    Glad to hear that you have an option available to open your tube! Also SO glad they found it now so it may increase your chances of getting preggers. My thoughts and prayers remain with you.
    Ahhhh...what's a few fibroids!!! At least if you do get pregnant...the baby won't be alone : ) Hee Hee!

MandC,
    Glad to hear about baby Reece. I swear...I'm even thinking of middle names for her. I dreamt of the following middle names for her...weird but here they are: Reece "Helena (from L Word)", Reece Michelle, Reece Nicole, Reece Maree, Reece Elena, Reece Noel.
    There ya have it!

About me...
    I swear I felt the fertilized egg traveling down my fallopian tube and latching on to my uterus. Who knows! I've been a tad crampy and feel uterine pressure. AF is due next Tues, Wed or Thursday which will be CD 26, 27 or 28. So, I'm in that lovely TWW period but not for too long. I'll KUP. Much love to you all.
    Wendy
  • Options
    W:
    Got my eyes, fingers, toes, legs, braided my hair... anything that I can cross or make resemble one for you!!

Dust, dust... and prayers for all of us.
  • Options
    tigger...
    Thanks! Just 3 days to go or less before we know. : )

Best to you and I'll KUP!

Baby dust to everyone!
  • Options
    tigger...You have a great attitude towards all of this...I love it!

Wendy...Wow...you're dreaming of Reece...how funny is that! Thanks for the names...I'll add them to our list! Well, as of today, you only have two days left! How exciting! I hope this is it for you all!

KUP!
  • Options
    Heard about the 1st response fertility test that tests for FSH... so, got some... today is my day 3 which is when you're suppposed to take the test... guess what I got? That my levels are in the NORMAL range... yippee!! My test line was lighter AND thinner than the reference line.

I've swallowed more wheat grass tablets... (yuck, damn I didn't know grass was so NASTY!!) drank more herbal tinctures and more vitamins than I EVER have... seems to have worked.

So, until I get that BFP... MMMMMOOOO!!!

Good luck, W... two more days to go!!

MandC: Call me biased but I like Nicole... seems like somebody I know... ahem... has THAT one for a middle name... :)
  • Options
    Thanks...
    Hey...I think Tigger Nicole has a nice ring to it! : )

My RE wants to wait and do a pregnancy test next Monday if I don't get a visit from AF in the next 3 days.

Anyone have suggestions on EARLY pregnancy test that are pretty good...something in which they all claim.

-Wendy
  • Options
    Well... believe it or not... I heard the tests at Dollar Tree are among the most sensitive... at 25. They are also the ones I see in my OB/GYN's office... good enough for them, good enough for me... and I've got the CBE digital so I can see the word when I FINALLY get my BFP!! But they don't detect until about 50.

Heard from the radiologist today... going in for the consult on Friday... hope to get the proceedure done next week since I should be LH'ing somewhere around the 22nd. Otherwise it will be August for me.

Reece Tigger Nicole... hmm... I LIKE it!! :)
  • Options
    Wendy...I would never make it until next Monday! You are stronger than I am. I bought the early tests off the internet that was supposed to detect at 25. They didn't work. When I got the negative on that one, I drank some more water and then pee'd again on the CBE Digital and got a positive. They weren't supposed to pick up until 50. So, I don't know. That's just my experience.

Tigger...good luck on the consult and procedure and Reece Tigger Nicole does have a cute ring to it! :)
  • Options
    W: Girl, you're like me... I held out for as long as I could... I think AF came BEFORE I even tested. One more day to go!! And I worked out yesterday so I think I have a good grip on that heifer this time... she's been getting away from me a LOT here lately. :)

MaC: Thanks for the well wishes... I don't know if this is a sign or what, but I read my Daily Bread for today... my birthday... and the scriptures it in entails could not be more PERFECT for me... I've decided to adopt them for me (and for all of us).

The title of the reading is "Love is for Losers?" and is based on 1st Corinthians 13... the entire chapter. The verses I have chosen are 7 and 13:

7: "bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."

13: "And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love."

Describes all of us, doesn't it? Only LOVE could make us go through what we do.

Dust, dust and prayers for all of us... have a blessed day.
  • Options
    tigger...you're so right...it all comes down to love!
  • Options
    Awaiting Progesterone levels. Although today would be CD26 and I don't really feel like a visit from AF is coming, there is pressure and what I can best describe as "mild pressure" on the left uterine side and my left hip is acting kind of weird (uncomfortable)..left gluteal cramps. Almost feels like my hip bone has shifted a little. My RE said that they don't want to order a pregnancy test until Monday, July 20th. However, if I don't get AF by Fri, July 17th...Do you think I should try a home test since I always start my cycle on time?

MandC...I know it's strange but yes...I had baby naming dreams for little Reece. Probably because I read the discussions about it. Not sure why but who knows why we dream what we do. You'll know it when you come across the right middle name.

tigger...Can't tell you how much I want to hear that you get that BFP!

So, what pregnancy tests do you suggest?
  • Options
    I say, yes...test on Friday, especially if you know you're never late! I used the CBE Digital and I love seeing the word PREGNANT spelled out on the screen.

Good luck and load of baby dust!
  • Options
    W: I'm going to use both of them... the DT's when I first test and the CBE digital just to see it spelled out!!

If you've never been late, hold out until the next day...
  • Options
    Tomorrow's the BIG day... I hope to hear you holler from... well, from wherever you are :)... when you get that BFP!!

In to see the radiologist at 11:00... another test... here we go...
  • Options
    Come on Wendy...give us a BFP! :) We're cheering for you!

tigger...let us know the outcome of your appointment today! Good luck!
  • Options
    Ran out of tests and need to buy more. Sorry.
    I'm out of town camping for the weekend up in Red River. In a pop-up (of course).
    I get the blood work done Monday and will let you know as soon as I know something.
    Sorry for the anticipation. I am 4 days late on AF and 11/12DPIUI : ) I'm holding on to Hope!
    Keep sending me strong baby vibes : )

-Wendy