Options

DONOR 14473

Comments

• Options
    I can't believe what I'm about to say. I'm Pregnant!!!!!!!!! Confirmed by blood work today and I go back in 3 days to make sure HCG is increasing like it should. My wife and I can't stop crying from happiness. I hope each and every one of you get this feeling for yourselves too!! Don't give up on 14437!! :)
  • Options
    Oops ... I meant 14473. I can't even think straight right now!!! Lol
  • Options
    Wow Janna!!!!! So happy for you girls!!! Was this your first IUI?? My second IUI will be sometime next week
  • Options
    Just adding my name to the list! My wife and I will be using this donor for my next IUI, just waiting for CD 1 to get her act together.

This will be IUI #5, got pregnant on IUI#1 but lost the pregnancy at 9 weeks. All 4 previous cycles were with a different donor so hoping that switching to this guy is the change we need.
  • Options
    Welcome Kate!!! I hope 5 will be your lucky number!!!

Thank you Max .... yes, this was my 1st IUI. I truly hope your 2nd one gets you this same result. Here's my history from last month.

I took Clomid on cycle days 3-7 and a 150u shot of Menopur on day 9. The ultrasound on day 11 showed 1 fully marured egg at 21mm and 2 smaller ones at only 13mm. I took an Ovidrel shot that night and the IUI was 36 hours later. 3 days after the IUI, I started taking 100mg of Progesterone twice a day. My doc felt we should use each of these meds because I am 39 years old and she felt like we should be semi-aggressive from the start.
  • Options
    My wife and I are starting this donor in October! Would love to stay connected to others and congrats, Janna, on the positive pregnancy! So exciting!!

We are planning to use clomid cause my wife wants twins lol!

We live in Northern California - anyone else up here?

:) Audrey & Katie
  • Options
    Welcome Audrey and Katie! Hope October goes excellent for you two! Our group keeps growing!!! My name is Janet and my wife is Anna. Together... we are Janna. Lol :) And we live in San Antonio, TX.
  • Options
    Hello everyone, we are also using Donor 14473 but are not planning on attempting IUI until late this year. Good luck to everyone.
  • Options
    OMG I am so so so happy for you Janna, I wish you and your wife nothing but a beautiful pregnancy...We have chosen to go back to our original donor from a different cryobank. I wish all of you ladies a very happy journey and get lots of positives!!!! Take Care...
  • Options
    Congrats on the pregnancy can wait to transfer my embryos.
  • Options
    Can't
  • Options
    So excited for everyone!

My name is Christina, 42 (on Friday), Houston, TX, & single.

My first IUI is in Oct. So far all tests look really good, which that in itself was a big relief for me. I had ovarian cancer in my 20's & my right ovary and tube were removed. Even though the Oncologist told me I was "ok", I thought it would be a lost cause to even try, so I never even tried partly because I wasn't ready & mostly I was terrified of failure. (Which is not like me generally speaking)
    So, I've focused on my career, and my OB finally told me I needed to jump on this ASAP if I wanted to have children. I guess you could say it was a reality check & got myself in gear (panic mode really) & felt I should at least find out if it was even a possibility. I can't even explain how relieved I was to finally know that I am "ok".
    Regardless if this works out or not, I feel I at least put myself out there and going to give it a try!

So, here I am. Excited, nervous, not sure what to think, & just hopeful!

I pray that everyone has success! :-)
  • Options
    Welcome, Christina. Thanks for sharing with us. We have good news from Janna and Yanelia, hopefully we can also join with positive results soon!. On my end... I am 35 and had my first IUI on 08/04 with negative result on 8/15. I did not had additional medication, only taking my pre-natal daily pill and had a trigger shot 36 hours prior IUI. Will go for 2nd IUI next week, will keep you girls posted. My wife and I would really appreciate if any of you could share any tips that might help getting pregnant.
  • Options
    Today i have my first iui with this donor , im nerviuos
  • Options
    Today i have my first iui with this donor !!!!! Now i hope its work , praying for a miracle
  • Options
    Our donor sold out so fast!! Hopefully that means good things for all of us that he's got good swimmers
  • Options
    Welcome Christina and Ligia. So nice to have you ladies here.

Good luck today Ligia!!! Sending baby dust your way!!

Wow Christina ... I'm so glad you're going for it. Sounds like you've had some scary medical experiences but that's all behind you now and we are all rooting for you!!

Hi Max! I honestly don't know if what I did helped or not but I'll tell you exactly what we did. My IUI was at 9:30am on a Saturday. I rested 15 minutes afterwards and actually laid down on way home too. Lol. Once home, I spent the next 24 hours just taking it super easy laying in bed reading and sitting on the couch watching tv. And I'm sorry if this is TMI, but I also had 2 orgasms in that 24 hour period. My doctor office said while its not exactly scientifically proven, they still believe it can encourage the upward motion of the sperm.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply, Janna. I will take the advice, all of it haha even if its not scientifically proven. Good luck Ligia and keep us posted!. Forgot to ask you girls, have you heard about fertility yoga?? Found some very easy but interesting videos on youtube, I think I'll start doing some of the basics to help relax and improve blood flow
  • Options
    I purchased two vials of 14473, first iui scheduled next month! Has anyone done the iui two days in a row?
  • Options
    Our office only does IUI two days in a row if there's a low sperm count
  • Options
    I've just went into panic mode!!! They just called me and told me that as they were packaging my 3 vials for shipment, only 2 were found!!! :-( they stated they would continue looking, but donor has none left. I hope everyone else had theirs shipped already. I'm extremely upset.
  • Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new to the group. Purchased donor 14473 a few weeks ago. Starting my first IUI next month. Wish everyone luck!
  • Options
    Virgogirl74, now that has me worried...i'm going to call in and find out because i've got to ship mine in the next week.
  • Options
    Any luck with them finding them???
  • Options
    They are working through the situation and trying to find out what went wrong. When I purchased the system stated 14 vials left, then 11. On that Monday I called and Customer Sevice stated they were down to 8 vials. They stated that usually when gets under 15 they do a physical count, but he sold out over the weekend and IT is looking into the matter.
    They have been very nice so far in trying to resolve the situation.
  • Options
    Welcome Bali. Nice to have you here.

Wow VirgoGirl. That would have me very frustrated and stressed. I'm glad they're working with you but hopefully you won't need more than 2 vials anyway!!

Max ... I've never tried any kind of yoga but maybe now is a good time to start. Lol. Are you liking it?

I can't wait to hear how everyone's IUI's go this month and next month. Sending positive vibes to all :)
  • Options
    Hello everyone! Had my trigger shot last night and Second IUI scheduled for tomorrow morning, blood work for 9/13 and expect results on same day. Glad to see more girls are joining our chat. Let's continue to share any updates, ok?.
    Janna, how are you feeling with the pregnancy?? Been thinking of you, hope all is well. I started some basic fertility yoga, it seems to have a relaxing effect :)
  • Options
    Yayyyy Max!! I'm so glad you had your 2nd IUI today. I hope everything went smoothly and I am sending you all the positive energy in the world!!! How was the sperm count and how are you feeling? I will be anxiously waiting til the 13th with you :)

I'm feeling great. I get cramps off and on and am definitely more tired than usual but that's about it so far. I'm 6 weeks as of today and we will have our first ultrasound on September 8 to see (and hopefully hear) our baby's heartbeat!

I hope everyone is doing well. How are you Ligia? When will your blood work be?
  • Options
    I am still waiting to transfer my embryos can't wait ?? I hope it work as I only have 2 embryos and I don't want to look for another donor ??
  • Options
    I called to check on my vials an they said all 3 are there. It doesn't surprise me that IT problem. When i purchased them about 2 weeks ago it said 25 vials available so i only purchased 3. Then when i went to buy 2 more 5 days later they were sold out. I'm hoping 3 is all I need. :-)