Options

New to IVF

My wife and I have been trying to conceive via IUI on and off for a couple of years now with no success. I have no known fertility issues, as all of my testing has come back normal. We decided to move to IVF and after months and months of nickel and diming, we will be ready for retrieval mid-August. I'm wondering if any of you have any tips or suggestions as this is all new to us.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

@2mamas2b, I wish you and your wife well during this process. Pack your patience as this process is a lot more mentally, physically and emotionally draining. So many more dynamics to the process unlike IUI. I started out doing IUI, got pregnant but I lost the baby last year. My wife and I decided we would move on to IVF since the chances are higher. We did two cycles this year and thank GOD I' am finally pregnant. I did acupuncture this time around and meditation every now and again to stay balanced and focused on the end result. You have no fertility issues and that is awesome so hopefully it will be a breeze for the most part. I responded well to the injections/medication and I had multiple eggs retrieved both times, but they have to be healthy eggs in order for your embryo to form. During our last cycle 13 eggs was retrieved and 3 survived so we are ecstatic. I wish you two well and just take it one day at a time.

• Options

@Sherres2 Thank you so much for your words of advice and encouragement! I hate that you and your wife went through such a horrible struggle to get your little miracle but a huge congrats to you! Do you mind me asking what happened with your first round of IVF? Did none of the embryos make it? I'm so afraid of that considering the huge expense of this.

• Options

Its okay, and yes 15 eggs and none of them survived. I understand your financial concern. Prayefully you will get your baby during the 1st cycle.

• Options

My wife and I went through several rounds of IUI that were unsuccessful before moving on to IVF in July. My wife had to split her cycle (retrieve eggs separately).
    We transferred two embryos and one of them stuck, we're just short of 11 weeks pregnant.
    I don't think anyone prepares you for all of the meds you'll be taking. It's a lot. And to be honest, poking my wife in the butt with a needle for several weeks doesn't do much to improve the relationship. You just have to keep telling each other how much you love each other and how this will all be worth it in the end.