14674?

Anyone have any luck with this donor?

Comments

• Looking for feedback on this donor?
  • Yes, narrowing this down can be a bit overwhelming :)
  • Did anyone end up picking this donor? If so, what were the results?
    Also, how many reported pregnancies?
  • I just purchased vials today. Fingers crossed!
  • We also just purchased some vials - looks like his inventory is running low. We are scheduled to do our first IUI cycle in July. Hoping for positive results!
  • We purchased vials com this donor. Our first IUI was yesterday. Fingers crossed! Also in case this helps, the doctor told us the sperm count was 12 (average should be 10 according to her). I'm wondering if any ladies have any births out there.
  • I purchased vials from this donor for IUI. On my third month of IUI I got a positive pregnancy result. I'm currently 10 weeks pregnant. I'm not sure how many pregnancies have been reported at this point, but I don't believe the donor has been available long enough for births yet.
  • Update: first IUI was a bust. I'll be starting a second cycle soon ??
  • Congratulations Nightfall! That's wonderful news! I'm so happy for you and hopefully future siblings.yeiii!
  • Congrats @Nightfall!

@YnL522, that's a bummer, hoping for a positive result for you on the next round. We'll be doing our IUI this cycle so fingers crossed!
  • @_2njmoms thank you so much! I did a second IUI this Monday. The doctor said the sperm count was low (5 million). I went ahead with the IUI but left feeling defeated. We're paying for everything out of pocket and expected better from CC. They said that if I do not get pregnant I can report it for a possible refund. It's really disheartening since the donor is no longer on the market. Although we have a few vials left, we had intended to use her for future children. On a positive note congratulations to @Nightfall!! <3
  • @YnL522, sending lots of good vibes your way! I have read some posts in here where pregnancies happened even with low sperm count so you never know! We only need 1 good swimmer after all..and yes, these vials arent cheap!

Did you do back to back IUI or just one at a time?
  • @_2njmoms I try and keep telling myself that it only takes one too! The two week wait is brutal but not as hard this time around. We chose not to do back to back because our doctor said she personally didn't feel it increases the chances. I figured I'd listen to her advice. Excited for you guys! Do you mind if I ask how much your count was? Good luck to you guys and thank you for writing on this! ><
  • @YnL522 the clinic has not washed the samples yet so no idea what the count is...i'll keep you posted as soon as we find out in about 2 weeks or so when we do the insemination. It will be my first time...doing IUI, no medication (just a trigger shot) and it will be back to back..fingers crossed!
  • @_2njmoms I'm so excited for you both! I'll be praying for you guys! Hopefully one and done. Unfortunately for us IUI #2 was also a bust. CC did issue a credit not a refund. I'm devastated but now questioning my next step. I'm not sure if to continue to #3 or take a break and do the HSG test. That's the only test I didn't complete because my doctor told me it was optional. It's not a cheap test. I'm 29 years old and everything appears to be normal regarding my fertility. I will keep you posted. Best wishes to you really.

Ps. I read that eating pineapple core for five days after IUI helps with implantation. Although it didn't help me (doesn't hurt to try). I researched it on google after being told this by a friend. Sending positive vibes!
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 15
    edited January 23, 2018 4:21PM
    @YnL552 even for women without fertility issues my doctor said it takes an average of 3-5 months of IUI for most women to get pregnant and I shouldn't start to worry until 6 months of trying IUI without success. We bought 5 vials, hoping that would be enough since we also paid out of pocket. I have a low egg reserve but no other known issues and our 3rd IUI was the successful one. We only did one IUI a month, with no triggers or other medications. As soon as I saw a positive ovulation predictor test, I'd call and make an appointment for the IUI the next day.

I'm traveling this week but I'll be back home this weekend and can pull the lab results from each sample we used and let you know what the counts were.
  • @Nightfall thank you so much for writing to me. Congratulations on your little one! I'm so excited for you. I'm really curious in the difference of not using a trigger or any medications. I don't need them as well but I suppose I just trusted my doctor since she just told me to take it. I should've done more reasearch. We also purchased five vials (one of them was the low count) and now only have three. We had hoped we could use some for our future child. Now I'm just praying that more become available in the near future.

I also chose to take a break this month and do the HSG test. Doesn't hurt to check all my bases. I know I need to be more patient but I can't help but feel discouraged. Today I'm in better spirits and am grateful to all the ladies that take the time to write back. I wish you all well!

@_2njmoms GOOD LUCK! <3
  • Hello again ladies!

@YnL522 thank you for the kind, positive words. Well my ovulation has been delayed these past 2 months and when I went for Day 10 checkup, I had no mature follicles yet. Going back again on 8/11 for another round of ultrasound and blood work - my doctor said if none of them mature by then, we can consider Clomid. I hope we won't have to.

I am so sorry to hear about IUI #2 and glad to hear you're in better spirits! As Nightfall alluded to, the 3rd one could be it!

Best of luck on the HSG! When I did mine, I read up about it and I definitely got freaked out after reading about how painful this procedure would be but i can tell you first hand that it's not that bad (I just had to take 2 advils beforehand and asked for a smaller speculum to be used which fortunately was enough) so try to relax and don't let the horror stories freak you out unlike me :)
    Please do keep us posted!
  • @_2njmoms hiiii!! So nice to hear from you! (I was actually raised in NY btw but we're living in HI now on military orders). I'm so sorry to hear about your follicles. Clomid honestly isn't as bad as people make it out to be. I've taken it twice on both cycles. The first time I got headaches but I figured out its best to take it before bed and once I wake up. I would just do it 12 hours apart. Depends on your dosage as well. By the second round I didn't have any side effects. In my first cycle, I had 3 follicles that were going to be ready. In the second only one mature one (two others that were too small). My wife and I are paying out of pocket and it only cost around $30.

I took your advice and took some medicine before the HSG. Believe it or not the X-ray technician made a mistake and did not inflate the balloon all they way. The dye spilled out but enough dye had went through to show normal results. That spared me from additional pain I suppose. What a relief!

Also I'd like to point out that limited viles for donor 14674 have become available. We purchased two. That credit came in handy. Supposedly this who'll be the last of his viles.

I hope all your test come out great! One thing I've learned from this process is patience and LOTS of it. Time feels as if it passes so slow but all in due time... at least that's what I keep telling myself. For now I'll just love on my fur baby. I look forward to hearing from you! ;)
  • Hey YnL522!! So after 7 rounds of bloodwork and ultrasound this cycle, we are finally scheduled for our IUI this Wednesday 8/23! Im nervous and excited at the same time! I did end up taking clomid for 5 days. Oh and we're only doing 1 shot as opposed to back to back - my doctor changed his tune since it only adds 2% chance and the vials are expensive. I will let you know once i have info on the count. When are you starting another cycle?

Omg Hawaii! We were in Oahu earlier this year and had a blast! Hugs to your fur baby and have some loco moco for me :-)
  • Went in for first IUI today! Count was 9.8M post wash...interesting that my doctor aaid he would have been happy with 5M....thats pretty low no?

Now the long TWW begins!
  • Nightfall and YnL522 - I'm pregnant! I still cannot believe it worked, my wife and I are overjoyed!

YnL522 - lots of baby dust to you! Sending postivd vibes your way for your next cycle!
  • Aw, man! I wish I'd seen @YnL522's note about limited vials becoming available -- I would've scooped up 3 to replace what I'd used in case we opt for a sibling. Poor planning on my part. I definitely forget to check back on the board and don't get notifications when new messages are posted. Womp, womp.

I'm sorry I'm so late at getting the sperm analysis posted, but here is a PDF with all the info I got when I received the tank and all the information from each of the sperm analyses performed: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1co8mgxtptg5fw1/Donor%2014674%20--%20Sperm%20Analysis.pdf?dl=0
  • Aw, man! I wish I'd seen @YnL522's note about limited vials becoming available -- I would've scooped up 3 to replace what I'd used in case we opt for a sibling. Poor planning on my part. I definitely forget to check back on the board and don't get notifications when new messages are posted. Womp, womp.

I'm sorry I'm so late at getting the sperm analysis posted, but here is a PDF with all the info I got when I received the tank and all the information from each of the sperm analyses performed: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1co8mgxtptg5fw1/Donor%2014674%20--%20Sperm%20Analysis.pdf?dl=0

I'm sorry I'm so late at getting the sperm analysis posted, but here is a PDF with all the info I got when I received the tank and all the information from each of the sperm analyses performed: www.dropbox.com/s/1co8mgxtptg5fw1/Donor%2014674%20--%20Sperm%20Analysis.pdf

I'm sorry I'm so late at getting the sperm analysis posted, but here is a PDF with all the info I got when I received the tank and all the information from each of the sperm analyses performed (sorry for the weird URL. I couldn't post it otherwise):
    www(dot)dropbox(dot)com/s/1co8mgxtptg5fw1/Donor%2014674%20--%20Sperm%20Analysis.pdf
  • HAH! I was posting from page one and didn't see my message show up so assumed it failed to send. : Well don't I feel dumb. Please forgive the volume of duplicates!
  • Yeah, this bulletin board system could use some upgrade in terms of user experience! I bet YnL522 hasn't seen the second page!

Nightfall - thanks for posting the analysis! I didn't get one from my clinic, they just told me the post wash count the day of IUI.
  • Hello ladies! Well wow finally I can get on this thing. Since they were working on it, I couldn't read your messages. Congratulations to _2njmoms!!!! I'm so excited for you guys! You are blessed to have gotten a Postive on the first try! As for me the third IUI was a bust 12 million count. I was crushed but we kept pushing. For our fourth cycle, we decided to try a different medication letrizole (femara). The day before our IUI we realized we forgot to order more vials. They weren't going to arrive in time. We had to have them hold the vials at the sorting facility of FedEx and hunt them down. That was the only way we were going to be able to get them that day. If we would've waited for it to be delivered on the truck it wouldn't have arrived until the next day. Crazy story. Kudos to CCB because the packaging was great even all the way to Hawaii. Our count was a whopping 20 million no kidding! Guess that must have been one of the newer batch hee hee.
    ...after two week wait, guess what! We're finally pregnant! We can't believe it! We had even went to an IVF consultation because I couldn't bare the emotional let down of another IUI. I wish all you other ladies the best of luck. Consider femara, they make beautiful follies! I hope we can all meet one day!

• Congrats to all of you who have had positive results! We are on cycle four currently, in the dreaded two week wait. We have used Letrizole (femara) for all our cycles so far with no luck. Our doctor is pretty concerned with the low motility we've seen each cycle with this donor. I am very encouraged to see you guys having good luck! We are in the talks of moving on to injectables or IVF if this cycle doesnt work. Baby Dust to you all : )