Options

1st IUI tomorrow!

I'm having my first IUI tomorrow and am a little nervous. Anyone else starting this month?

Comments

• Options
    Hey Melissa!! I'm also having and IUI tomorrow morning! I will gladly be your two week wait buddy!! Try not to be nervous...it's better to just be relaxed. Stay positive and have faith!! This is my third IUI total but the first one was a year and a half ago so only second this go around.

Prayers and baby dust!!! Let me know how it goes!!

Jennie :)
  • Options
    yes, I will have mine this month, just waiting for my period for a baseline u/s. My first IUI will be in the middle of september, most likely. Good luck, I'll pray for you!
  • Options
    yes, I will have mine this month, just waiting for my period for a baseline u/s. My first IUI will be in the middle of september, most likely. Good luck, I'll pray for you!
  • Options
    Thanks, Sweety!! I will be praying for you too!! Fingers crossed you see AF soon!!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone :) I just got home from my appointment and everything went as planned. They said the specimen was very good which was good news.

Dragonflinurse- How did you IUI go?
  • Options
    Hey Melissa,

IUI went well. She was impressed with my follicle sizes and my specimen looked good as well!! Fingers crossed!!! I have been having a lot of cramping today (more than the other two times), but I guess that's normal.

Here we go...TWW!!

Prayers and baby dust!

Jennie
  • Options
    I only had 1 follicle, but that's all it takes. I have been having a lot of cramping. Is that normal? I'm still such a newbie at all of this :) If you don't mind me asking where do you live?

Melissa
  • Options
    I had two follicles -21mm and 20mm (that was Monday). I've also had a lot of cramping which I read is normal, however I don't remember having this much the last two IUIs. I live in Florida...what about you?

I'm 36, single and having a baby on my own. I took Clomid 50mg cd3-7 and Ovidrel trigger shot on Monday night. Were you on any meds?

Jennie
  • Options
    I did use medication, but a very small dose to start out. I look 5mg of Femara 3-7 and the Ovidrel trigger shot Monday night. I live in florida as well :) I live in the Tampa area.

Melissa
  • Options
    Melissa - you are kidding!!! I live in Tampa!! I'm in Carrollwood. That's crazy!!! It's nice to have someone in the area going through the same thing. Hopefully we will be pregnant at the same time!!!

Prayers and baby dust!
  • Options
    I live in the Wesley Chapel area so not very far. That is pretty crazy of all the people on here we would find each other :)

Melissa
  • Options
    If you wouldn't mind me asking what donor are you using?
  • Options
    I'm using 13403....what about you? Also, feel free to email me anytime...dragonflinurse@gmail.com

It's very exciting that we found each other! Just talking to the women on this website has been so helpful and a great support. ??
  • Options
    I'm using 13507. I had such a hard time deciding and had chosen one and changed my mind to a completely different one the nit I ordered. I was looking for specific characteristics as I have a almost 6 year old son and hope they will look somewhat alike with my genes. This past day has felt like so long...I normally feel like the days fly by, but ever since my son started kindergarten a few weeks ago the days are dragging.
  • Options
    Night*
  • Options
    It took me a really long time to pick my donor, too. I started with physical traits similar to my own and then went from there. He is very smart, athletic, musical/artistic, etc. It doesn't hurt that he is apparently very good looking! This day has dragged on for me too but for different reasons. I feel extra tired today....its the HCG s/e....I had them last time too. So I don't have any children...well I have two cats, but no two legged kids :) That's great you have a son! I bet you are blown away that he is already in kindergarten! My nephews are getting so big...it's amazing how fast they grow! So are you seeing an RE to monitor you? Wouldn't that be something if we were going to the same place? So how long have you lived here? Sorry for the 20 questions!!!

Prayers & baby dust!!!

• Options
    I can't believe he is in Kindergarten. I was a wreck the night before he started and even tried to sleep with him..lol We have 4 cats, 2 dogs and a fish and there is always something going on. I am going to an RE for my treatment. I had a hard time choosing a doctor as I worked in the OBGYN field for 6 years and knew of a few. I have lived in Tampa since I graduated from high school so about 10 years. No problem with the questions it occupies my time :)
  • Options
    Are you a nurse, Melissa? What did you do for OBGYN? I'm seeing an RE at Reproductive Medicine Group....Dr. Tarantino. I really like him although I end up seeing the sonographer and nurse more than him.

So how are you feeling? I'm tired. Glad it's Friday although I just got home from being in the ER with my mom for the past 6 hours. :(

Any plans for the weekend?

Prayers and baby dust!

Jennie
  • Options
    I am in management. I was torn between Reproductive Medicine Group and USF Reproductive. I ended up choosing USF. I've been feeling tired and still experiencing cramps. I'm sorry to hear about your mom and the ER I hope she is alright. Not any set plans as I will probably leave it up to my son and what he wants to do. My friend saw Dr. Tarantino and said the same thing abut seeing the sonographer and nurse more. She had two IUI's with them and decided to take a break because she couldn't handle it anymore and ended up getting pregnant naturally the month she took the break.
  • Options
    When I first started all of this, I had an appointment with Dr. Plosker at USF, but I read some reviews and a friend of mine saw him and I opted to go with another group. He is great at what he does but I heard his bedside manner isn't the greatest and that's really important to me. That's great about your friend! It's not really an option for me since I'm doing this alone. I said that I would do three cycles and if I'm not pregnant by then, I'm not quite sure what route I will go. IVF is so expensive but that might be what I do. This is number two for me. I had an IUI last year when I lived in CA, but I'm not counting that one in my 3. I've been tired and had headaches but my cramping was done after about 36hours post IUI. Last time, my symptoms went away after about 7 dpiui, when the HCG wore off.

Have a great weekend!! Prayers and baby dust!
  • Options
    I actually see Dr. Mayer in the practice. My friend referred me to Dr. plosker because they loved him, but his soonest appointment was in October and I wasn't wanting to wait that long to start the process. If you don't mind me asking do you have any fertility issues? I can't imagine paying for IVF as it is outrageous, but a couple I know did 9 IUI's and got pregnant on the 9th try which I can't emotionally making it through this 9 times.
  • Options
    The only problem I have is my periods are irregular so I don't ovulate normal. I know your chances of IUI decrease the more you do. My sister-in-law did 3 IUIs before moving on to IVF. She is due with a little girl in a month. She is pushing me to do IVF but I really can't afford it. Her insurance covered all of her fertility! I would have gone straight to IVF if mine did.

So what about you? Fertility issues? Are you doing us on your own? Is your family supportive?
  • Options
    No fertility issues. I had my son at 22 naturally but was in a very unhealthy relationship with his father. Now at 27 my partner and I are wanting kids and my son really wants siblings so I figure it was time. The family that know is supportive for the most part, but we haven't told them that we had the procedure as I don't want to be questioned all the time especially if for some reason it doesn't work.
  • Options
    My brother and his wife didn't tell anyone that they were trying to have kids and they tried for a year and a half. I respect them for keeping it a secret and understand why they did it, but I am such an open book and I just feel like I do better having support. My family and a few friends are the only ones that know.

So how is your weekend going? I still think it is beyond bazaar that you live in the same town!!

• Options
    I have told my two of my friends. The one that has gone through this process is helpful so it's nice to have her support. My weekend has been pretty good so far. During the week is harder as I have been a stay at home mom for the past 11 months. I stopped working so I could spend the last year with my son before he started kindergarten as I knew everything would change. Now that he is in Kindergarten I feel a little lost. Luckily we also run a photography business which keeps me busy with inquires and talking to our customers. I'm shocked as well that we found each other :)
  • Options
    Melissa! How is your 2WW going? Any symptoms? How are you feeling? What day do you think you're going to test or are you just going to wait for your beta?

I'm thinking next Monday for me. That will be 12dpiui. I'm doing well. This 2WW is dragging on but I've been keeping busy with work and helping my mom out. I've been pretty bloated and gassy the past couple days...I would imagine it's still from the HCG shot.

Oh guess what? My sister-in-law had her baby yesterday!!! She came 4 weeks early but they are both healthy. Little girl, Ashley Skye...It's so great to see my brother...the proud papa! She is tiny 5lb 1oz...beautiful though!! First girl in the family! They had to do IVF after a year of trying on their own and 3 failed IUIs. Her insurance covered everything....super lucky!

Anyway...keep me posted!!! Prayers & baby dust!!

• Options
    The 2WW is going, but feels like forever. I have been feeling really bloated which I was assuming was due to the HCG. Congratulations on your new niece :) Is all of your family local?

Melissa
  • Options
    I'm not sure when I am going to test. The doctor told me to do it 14dpiui. They said if it positive they will order the beta. I was planning on waiting till the 14 days, but the pregnancy test is staring at me every morning when I go into my bathroom. I just know it won't show anything now. I don't know how people do this every month. I would say the waiting is the hardest part of this process.
  • Options
    Dragonflinurse and Melissa,

Any pregnancy symptoms? Baby dust to you
  • Options
    Melissa and dragonflinurse,

Any pregnancy symptoms? Hope u both are preggers, baby dust