Options

Had first IUI yesterday now begins the TWW is there anyone else?e?

Greetings ladies,yesterday was our first IUI and I must say I thought it would be much more different than what it was going to be. I figured I would come home and get some things done around the house to keep my mind busy but I was so exhausted all I could do was sleep. Is that normal? So now I am just trying to keep myself busy during this 2ww so I don't drive myself crazy! Could really use someone to chat with :)

Comments

• Options
    Hi!

I am on day 7 of my 2WW with my 4th IUI. Did you use any meds? My Ovidrel (trigger shot) makes me extremely tired for a couple of days. Good luck and baby dust to you :)

Melissa
  • Options
    Hey Melissa, we did not use any meds our doctor does not think we need any so we will see how it all plays out. What is a trigger shot exactly if you do not mind me asking? Good luck to you on the rest of you're wait I am here if you need someone to talk with :)!
    Katie
  • Options
    Technically I shouldn't need them either, but my doctor recommend using them to be able to time it better. The trigger shot is the shot that makes you ovulate basically when the. Doctor wants you to as it is all about timing. It's getting harder and harder every negative test I get. I had my son naturally on my own unexpected and unplanned. It's crazy what happens when you aren't trying, but once you are doing everything to get pregnant it isn't all they easy. Good luck and I am here for you as well :)

Melissa
  • Options
    You speak a very real truth it seems to me everyone around us is getting pregnant and having babies like it is no problem. This morning is a rough one for me, I tested high on my opk for the 5th day in a row so I am worried it did not take Saturday. I am trying to have the attitude that everything happens for a reason and it will happen when it is suppose to. You are such a strong woman :) something good will happen soon sending baby dust to you!
  • Options
    If you don't mind me asking where are you located? For your IUI did you just purchase one vial? I am trying to decided if I should buy 5 to have stored prior to he prices raising Jan 1st.

Melissa
  • Options
    Just try to stay positive! I feel like that is all that gets me through. When I got my last negative with IUI number three I broke down for about a day and just cried, but I got b ack up and started again.
  • Options
    Had an IUI on Saturday as well. This will be our 3rd IUI since October--so, hopefully the 3rd time's the charm!!
  • Options
    I am in Kansas City so we have to time everything exact, what we did was test here at home then plan according to what my body was doing, then we over night shipped it to us and went into the doctor. This morning is kind of a relief, I peaked this morning so i have better idea if we do this again next month with what day will be best. We only bought one vial just simply because of the cost and since my cycle was off this month we did not want to gamble. Let me know how everything turns out I know it must be getting harder waiting you are doing great :) sending a hug and baby dust back to you Melissa.

Katie
  • Options
    Hey Kerbear sending positive vibes and baby dust you're way :) how are you doing?

Katie
  • Options
    I tested today which is only 9dpo which I know is early,but I'm being impatient..lol It was negative. Still have time :) I'm staying hopeful.

Melissa
  • Options
    Hi! I wish we had known about these message boards when we started this process. I actually just stumbled across it the other day when I was freaking out about whether or not we knew what we were supposed to do. (Who knew that making a baby could be so complicated?)

Anyway, we just had our first IUI at home yesterday (12/30)! We think the timing was right on. We are so excited!

Doesn't sound like there has been anyone on here talking about success with our donor though (13195) and now all of a sudden the supply of vials for that donor is listed as low. Hm.

This is pretty much one of the most interesting experiences we have had. It's been a great experience so far. I can't imagine what it is like to go through multiple attempts and keep getting hit with negatives. One day at a time I guess.

So, we are on to the 2WW. What a way to start out the new year! We will be sending positive thoughts to you all as well!

~ Sleepless in Seattle (Amanda & Lisa)
  • Options
    Awe Melissa I am the same way lol, hope you were able to relax and unwind for the New Year, THIS IS OUR YEAR LADY I KNOW IT & FEEL IT :)
  • Options
    Hi Amanda and Lisa glad you found us here :) we had the same thing happen with our donor when we selected him he went from full vials and then after 2 weeks he was low which we found kind of odd as well. Our theory is if he is meant to be the donor he will be. One big piece of advice I have been told and will pass on is always have a back up, because sometimes a donor does not work for you which can be a hard pill to swallow. What was it like doing IUI at home if you don't mind me asking? I will be sending positive thoughts and baby dust you're way during this 2WW and I am here to talk if you need anyone! HAPPY NEW YEAR Amanda and Lisa!

Katie
  • Options
    Katie,

Thank you for the advice. We have a second choice just in case our first choice runs out or doesn't work. We are just taking it one day at a time at this point.

I suppose maybe it's misleading to say we did "IUI" at home, since that's technically not 100% accurate. We didn't actually use a catheter, so it's actually just the 'turkey baster method'… but with a syringe, not a cooking utensil. The whole process was a little awkward and quite silly and entertaining really. I don't know how much detail you were expecting, but basically, we just injected with the syringe and then inserted an instead cup to keep gravity from working against us. My best friend and her wife used this method and it worked for them on the first try (twins nonetheless), so we will see what happens.

Since you asked what it's like doing it at home, I am guessing you went to your doctor? Is this your first try? Are you going to try testing 9-10 dpo?

Ok, sending positive thoughts your way as well! Happy New Year!

Amanda and Lisa
  • Options
    Hi Amanda & Lisa

Wow what an experience you guys had that is really cool. I know for myself and Jen we were way to nervous to try to do it at home ourselves so KUDOS :) to you guys! We did use a doctor we actually had gone to one Dr for an initial consultation but decided not to go with him due to his cost, requirements(which were outrageous) and manner; so we found this wonderful OBGYN who has done insemination's before but we are actually her first donor and lesbian couple so it is pretty cool. I am waiting to test till 2 weeks which so far has not been too bad. I am optimistic but being practical all at the same! This was our first IUI so I know the odds are stacked against us and really the first time we did it a little early so we shall see what happens! Enjoy you're day I'm taking advantage of these last couple days of vacation I have off to relax! Sending lots of baby dust you're way talk with you soon.

Katie
  • Options
    Hey everyone! I tested today which is day 11 post IUI and I got a faint line!!!! I took another test and also got a faint line! I am going to go to the store and get more so I can test again in the morning :) I am so hoping this is my BFP! I'll let you guys know in a couple of days. Good luck and baby dust to everyone :)

Melissa
  • Options
    Melissa, that's great news! Congratulations!
  • Options
    Hopefully. I started having some bleeding so I am really hoping its just implantation.
  • Options
    YAY Melissa *fingers crossed* sending positive vibes and baby dust you're way! Keep us posted!
  • Options
    I'm having a really hard time with this, but am pretty sure this is a chemical pregnancy. I took another test today and it is negative and I have been bleeding all night. This process is just so draining. To want something so bad and yesterday I was so excited which I knew it was still early, but how can you not be when it says you are pregnant after trying for 5 months unsuccessfully. Baby dust to you all.

Melissa
  • Options
    Congrats Melissa! Sending baby dust your way!

We are in our 2ww also. This is our 3rd IUI. 1st was a BFN and 2nd was a BFP but miscarried at 6 weeks :(.... Sending *baby dust* to everyone!
  • Options
    Congrats Melissa! Sending baby dust your way!

We are in our 2ww also. This is our 3rd IUI. 1st was a BFN and 2nd was a BFP but miscarried at 6 weeks :(.... Sending *baby dust* to everyone!
  • Options
    Melissa,

I am so sorry. I am sure it's devastating to want something so bad and have been going through this roller coaster for five months. We are on our first try, so I can't even imagine what it will be like if we find out it's a BFN. We are sending positive thoughts your way!

Amanda & Lisa
  • Options
    Katie,

Any update?

I have been feeling pretty terrible since IUI attempt #1. It's pretty crazy. Lisa thinks I am going crazy I think. Since almost day one I have had a lot of cramping. The last three days I have been absolutely exhausted. Today, I have felt unbelievably nauseous, all day. And finally, my skin is breaking out terribly, which isn't normal. It's only been 6 days, so it's super early in the wait.

Lisa said if this is any indication of what pregnancy will be like for me, we are in trouble.

I will be okay with all the discomfort I have been going through if it means that I am in fact pregnant. Guess we will see. Friday can't come soon enough :-)

Hope your wait is going well!

Amanda (and Lisa)
  • Options
    Unfortunately my 4th IUI ended in a chemical pregnancy. I have moved on to my 5th IUI and am having my first ultrasound tomorrow morning.

Melissa
  • Options
    Hi Melissa39,

I have been thinking of you after reading your post a few days ago. I am really sorry to hear about the 4th IUI. I do wish you lots of baby dust.

I am in the cycle of testing for a surge and will be doing my 2nd IUI in the next several days. I am hoping this will be it as this try will be the last try for my partner and I.

Keep us posted and wish everyone the best of luck.
  • Options
    Testing in the morning fingers crossed. Hoping for a bfp :)
  • Options
    Morning ladies, yesterday marked the end of my 2 week wait I tested and it was negative. I still have time to see if it took, Monday is when my cycle should start again so fingers crossed nothing comes. Hope everyone is doing well any good news Melissa? How about Amanda and Lisa anything happening? Everyone enjoy their Saturday :-)
  • Options
    I just realized there is a second page to our chat. Melissa I am so sorry I am did not know, how are you doing? Sending all my support you're way lady.
  • Options
    Good morning Melissa,

I am so sorry about your 4th IUI. Was the ultrasound at all helpful?

Good morning Katie,

Well, our two week wait is not over yet, two more days for THAT, but we did start testing on day ten (optimistic and impatient)… so, we are now familiar with what a negative feels like.

The good news is that, like you said, there is still hope since the cycle isn't for a few days still!

Welcome Wellsbull! You said that this is your 2nd IUI and that it's your last try? Lisa and I committed to three trys at the beginning of all this. I am nervous that is going to be a hard commitment if they all three fail for us. We are still in the first two week wait though, and I am still being optimistic that this try will take!

Wishing everyone the best of luck!

Amanda and Lisa