Options

TWW

Anyone currently in it with me? I am 7dpiui and already totally over the wait! lol

Comments

• Options
    OMG...we are in the TWW as well...8dpiui! We have our BETA Monday!!! Praying for our BFP :) How have you been feeling, other than anxious? :) Is this your first cycle? It was our first cycle, did two back to back IUI's...now just crossing our fingers! Sending LOTS of baby dust your way...and keeping some for us :) Can't wait to hear your update! Here is to 2 BFPs!
  • Options
    I have my beta on Wednesday!! I am suppose to start AF on Sunday, so I will probably do a hpt on Monday, but I REALLY don't know if I can hold out that long!!!

Honestly I have not really had any "symptoms" and have been feeling generally normal, which makes me nervous. Though days 1-6 though I did have a persistent, dull ache in my uterus and sometimes my ovaries would hurt. From what I understand though that seems to be normal and not indicative of anything one way or the other. I guess everyone's bodies are different though. And yes, I am definitely beginning to get nervous!!

How are you feeling?!! Do you have any symptoms?!

This is my first IUI and my second cycle trying overall. The first time I tried an at home insemination but got a BFN and decided to switch to IUI to be more precise. I only did one IUI, but I *think* (hope!) it was well timed. We'll see I suppose. I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but it is hard not to.

Baby dust to you too!!! Here's hoping we both get our BFPs next week or sooner! Keep in touch. It is nice to have someone in the wait with me. :)

Jenny
  • Options
    Jenny,

I thought I would be dying to test! But actually as bad as we want to know, we decided to skip the HPT and just wait for the BETA...I guess I want to hold out hope for as long as possible! But the wait is so nerve wracking! Don't be nervous about feeling "normal"...it is a good thing you don't seem to be analyzing every little thing...AF was due for me yesterday or today, but she has not shown up. WAHOO! But I am cautious about reading too much into that, as we did a medicated cycle with Clomid, and from what I have read it could delay your cycle. This past Monday, we had our progesterone level drawn and it was at 10.5, slightly under the 15 they wanted to see for the medicated cycle we were on...but the nurse told us that the progesterone level cannot indicate a pregnancy one way or another...but they gave me Crinone progesterone gel to use vaginally once a day at bedtime until our BETA...As far as symptoms, my nipples have been extremely sore and enlarged the last two days, and I had some slight cramping yesterday that would come and go, but only last a few minutes (if that) at a time...could be anything I suppose...but with the first cramp yesterday I really thought it was AF...sorry if TMI!

Do you mind sharing what protocol you used this round? I am 29...and we used 100mg Clomid days 5-9 of cycle...Ovidrel trigger shot and IUI 24 and 48 hours later!

So glad to have found you during this part of our journey...it is comforting to know somebody else is going through the same exact emotions...it is quite the rollercoaster. I keep telling myself all we needed was for one lil sperm to reach an egg! BABY DUST to you and yours!

Courtney
  • Options
    Oh...forgot to mention...we had 3 follicles at time of trigger...the lead follicle was 19mm and the other 2 were 16mm...
  • Options
    Hey lady, how are you feeling today?! It sounds like all of your symptoms are a very good sign! It sounds like you are doing all of the right things too. I'll bet your BFP is coming very soon!! :) Which donor did you use?

When I woke up this morning my cramps were back again. :/ Hopefully it is a good sign but I'm trying to not read too much into it. It could be from anything really except AF. I don't get those cramps until pretty much the day of, which is Sunday.

I think that I really want to test on Monday just so I can take some of the pressure off. After my at home insemination, AF ended up being a WEEK late (I'm almost like clockwork 32 days, but that cycle I was 39 days - it was weird!!) only to get a BFN. If I had thought that I was pregs that entire time only to have AF come around a few days later, I would have been even more devastated. At least I knew to expect it. I guess this is different because the Beta will be only two days after the HPT, but still...Maybe I am just too impatient! haha.

I would love to share my protocol IF I had one! haha. I'm 31 (I now wish I had started at 29!) and my doctor wanted to do a cycle or two unmedicated. I asked about a medicated cycle and she said that the cost difference ($300 v. $700 or 800) wasn't necessarily worth the the 5% increase in success. At least for the first couple of tries. She checked my egg reserve, did a bunch of blood tests, and did an HSG test - all of which came back great. So she wanted to do the first one unmedicated with an OPK since my cycle is regular. If this doesn't take though I may switch to medicated. We'll see how it goes. I just want the best chance for success!

Anyway, let me know how it is going! I am excited to have someone to talk to that actually GETS what I am going through. I have a friend in her TWW too but she is trying naturally with her husband so it a little different! :)

Baby dust!!!
  • Options
    Hey girlie! This morning woke up with the same type of cramping...on and off for only a few hours...then subsided! Still no AF! Hopefully both of our cramps are a good sign! Just like you, I don't get cramps with AF until she arrives!(Which at this point is late...but like you I am trying not to read into that, even though normally I am regular....maybe this month she will play tricks on me) Fingers crossed her not showing up is another good sign!

I am so torn on testing...I want to know what to expect when the Dr. calls with the BETA results, rather than being blind sided. If anything, I suppose we would test Sunday at the earliest, but maybe even Monday morning before blood work...

We ended up using donor 13708 for our IUI's...which donor did you two use? :)

We are getting close to our BETA's...I love that we are pretty much in the exact same timeline...my partner and I have been together 9 years and just got married...we have been dreaming of this for a while now...so exciting to see it coming together!

How are you feeling today?! Any new 'symptoms'? How is your other half holding up during the TWW? Here is to hoping we are each one day closer to our BFP!!!! BABY DUST....Lots of it! :)
  • Options
    Hey! How's it going today?! We are getting so close! I pretty busy this weekend, so hopefully it will go by really fast! I woke up again with cramps and had them for a few hours this morning. No "new symptoms" though. Well, I have been getting randomly dizzy the past two days, but I honestly think that could be anything. I don't want to overanalyze too much!! I will go crazy! lol

Waiting for the BETA may actually be the smarter move if you can hold out that long. Then you will know for sure if you are pregnant and won't second guess an early HPT. Now I am trying to be strong like you and hold out as long as I can! haha.

Oh donor 13708 is so adorable! I picked 13913. His personality sold it for me.

Unfortunately I don't have a partner. My girlfriend of a few years recently had to move away for work (and some family stuff), so I decided to do the SMBC thing. I have a good job, wonderful family, and a lot of friends, though, so thankfully I have a good support system in place. Also, my friend is trying to get pregnant at the same time. We are determined to do this together! haha

That is so awesome about you and your partner though!! Nine years!! Congratulations on getting married too! I hope this will be the start of your family!!

Anyway, keep in touch and let me know how you are feeling. Baby dust to you and your partner!!
  • Options
    We are another day closer!!! WAHOO!!! Hopefully, your busy weekend will help pass the time! I am working the entire weekend, I am a 911 dispatcher, so hopefully my weekend will fly by :)

So funny, I too woke up again with cramps this morning, nothing too intense, just enough to let me know they were there...and they only lasted for a short time. Fingers crossed this is a good sign for us both :)

Sounds like you have an excellent support system...your lil bundle of joy will only add to the happiness in your life! When it is time, it is time, and it waits for nothing! So excited and happy for your journey!

Thank you for your warm wishes...my partner and I are so excited to start this next chapter of our lives. March is a big month for us, got together 3/3/06 (which happens to be the same day as the 2nd IUI of this cycle), got marries 3/6/15, and our lil French Bulldog, Wally, has his birthday 3/29...hopefully March will be the month we learn our family will be growing :)

Here is to hoping we both get our BFP's next week...with our lucky #'s 13708 and 13913 :)
    Keep in touch, love hearing your updates!

BABY DUST...sticky BABY DUST!!!
  • Options
    Well AF came today, right on time. So I'm out this cycle. Now I am really upset at my RE for not starting me on a medicated cycle. Hopefully you have good news tomorrow!

Baby dust!
  • Options
    Oh no! I am so sorry to hear about AF...she is my least favorite aunt. You will get your BFP soon!!

It's always tricky on what to do...medicated or not. My doctor had run all the tests too, everything looked great...my progesterone was just on the border of normal so we were given option of trying first cycle uumedicated. After lots of debate we opted to use the Clomid...who knows if it will make the difference or not...

Are you going to try another cycle right away?! I hope so...don't let this discourage you. They say nothing in life worth having comes easy...I know that is easier said than done though...stay positive...I just know you are bound for your BFP soon!

BABY DUST!
  • Options
    Yeah I am pretty bummed, but I am trying to not let it get me down too much. I spent the day buying new decor for my house. haha. I feel like the odds were against me this cycle anyway. I got really sick with a respiratory infection the day of my IUI and had to take antibiotics, and my IUI vial count was only 7 million. So hopefully next time everything will work out differently.

I am definitely going to try again right away. As hard as it is to get that BFN, I know in the end it will be worth it. I talked to my dad about it this morning too, and he gave me a pep talk about it. So I feel a lot better than earlier. I just wish I could do another IUI tomorrow! And you are right. Nothing in life that is worth having does come easy.

Anyway, no more pity party for me! I want to hear about your BFP tomorrow! Good luck, baby dust, and I have my fingers crossed for you two!!

Jenny
  • Options
    I love how positive you are! Soon you will be holding your little bundle of joy, and all that you had to overcome to make it to that moment will be so worth it!

I think the first IUI takes a lot out of a person. Everything is new and you really don't know what to expect. Now that your first is behind you, the second will go smoothly and hopefully give you your BFP!

Stay positive...your next IUI will be here before you know it! Keep me updated!!!

Hopefully I will be on here tomorrow sharing a BFP...otherwise I think I will take note from you, and go house décor shopping! Followed by comfort food for dinner...but staying positive! Thank you for your warm wishes!
  • Options
    Thank you! I'm trying to stay positive for sure. I had a bad day yesterday of course, but today is a new day and I feel A LOT better. I gave up sugar a few months ago, but last night I broke down and bought a little bit of coconut milk ice cream and reeses! Best. Comfort Food. Ever!!

I called my RE this morning and made an appointment for tomorrow. I am excited to start on this new cycle. Hopefully she will have some ideas on how to approach this more aggressively. Even if I don't do meds this round I could get more monitoring or something.

Anyway, I can't wait to hear about your BETA and hopefully your BFP!! I have a great feeling for you! Worst case scenario - home decor shopping, comfort food, and one more cycle are in your future.

BABY DUST and good luck!
  • Options
    Well...here is to round 2! Unfortunately our RE called and our BETA was negative. Those words cut through me...yesterday involved a lot of tears. BUT this morning (which started for me way too early @ 2am for work LOL) I have let all of that go...time to focus on the next cycle!

I cannot wait to hear about your appt. with your RE to see what approach you will use this time...for us, my RE said that she believes the 100mg Clomid is still what we should use, but she suggested using HCG trigger shot instead of Ovidrel...said it would help give a stronger ovulation. Also, my partner and I decided to switch donors. Now...just need AF to show up...never thought I would wanna see her again until after baby!

Here is to you and I and our BFP's on the next cycle! We will get 'em next time! Chin up...I try to keep reminding myself perfection takes time. :)

Can't wait to hear what your RE says!! Best of Luck!!!

BABY DUST!!!!
  • Options
    Oh no! I'm so so sorry to hear that. I was really hoping that this would be it for you. I know it is hard, but focusing on the next cycle will help. We've got to keep looking forward!! I'm kind of a control freak, so I always have to try and see what more I can do to help the process along. Unfortunately sometimes there is nothing we can do, and the process just takes time. I do envy those who get pregs with their first try though. How wonderful would that be!? Hopefully AF gets here soon and we can have the TWW at the same time again. :)

I will definitely keep you updated on what the doc says. I am still up in the air on whether I want to go all out with the meds or maybe I should just do a trigger shot to make sure I am ovulating...I guess the RE will know better than me. All these questions can be so stressful! haha

Out of curiosity, why did you decide to switch donors? I think you should switch to 13913, so that we can have half sibs. ;)!! Although I am pretty sure they are out of his vials right now :/ Who did the two of you decide on?

Anyway, have a great rest of your day (sorry it started so early!! jeez!!), and I will let you know what the RE says. Baby Dust!!!!
  • Options
    Hey Courtney! Just an update - I saw the RE. She is putting me on 2.5 mg of Femara for 5 days. Then we'll do monitoring and a trigger shot. She also said that my luteal phase seemed to be really short, so I could have had a false positive on my opk and thus we got the timing wrong. We obviously don't know for sure, but it was something that I long suspected. I am glad that I am going to do a trigger shot this round. At least I will know that I likely ovulated and when!

I have a very good feeling about this! Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    Courtney & Jenny...just got done reading your posts and hope I can jump in on your conversation. I'm sorry you both had BFN on your first cycles. It is really hard, but try not to get discouraged. Keep in mind it takes the average woman at least 3 cycles to get pregnant. I definitely think you both are doing the right thing by seeing an MD, using meds and trigger shots. You can monitor your follicle sizes and force your body to ovulate when the follicle size is right. Timing is so important with IUI.

I am 38 and single and decided at 35 I was tired of waiting for Mr. Right and decided to try and do this alone. I also have very supportive family and friends, which makes it much easier. Becoming a mom is what I have thought about and wanted for as long as I can remember. I envy you both for starting earlier. Your chances are much higher than mine.

I have had 3 IUIs. The last one was in 2013. Right after my last IUI, my mom got diagnosed with cancer. I decided to take a break while my mom was going through treatment and focus on her. I turned 38 earlier this month and thought, yep...this is the year. I've decided to do IVF this time. I have my first consultation with a new MD and Reproductive Group next week. I'm really excited to get started!! I've already purchased two vials of 12874.

Fingers crossed and lots of prayers that this is our year!!! Baby dust to you both!!

Jennie :)
  • Options
    Hey Jennie!

You are more than welcome to jump in on our conversation! It is always nice to have another voice and perspective (and to be honest, support). Thank you for the encouraging words. Getting a BFN the first time around is hard, but it helps to maintain perspective. Many people don't get pregnant their first try the natural way or through artificial insemination. Mostly it is just a stats game. That knowledge doesn't make it much easier when you are in the middle of it though. :)

I am so terribly sorry to hear about your mother's cancer. That is honestly one of my worst fears! You are a wonderful daughter for helping her out during that time though. Especially since you put her needs in front of yours. I hope she is in remission and doing great!!

As far as being 38 and trying again, I firmly believe that will not be as big of a hinderance as you may expect. While it is true that you have a greater chance of conceiving quickly in your 20s and early 30s, I also think overall health (and a little luck) play a huge factor. Frankly, there are women who are in their 20s who have been trying for years to get pregnant without success; and, then there are women who at 40 get one medicated IUI and bam! Pregnant. Fertility is weird. haha.

It is great that you are going straight to IVF though. If it wasn't so expensive I honestly would have considered it as a first option, just because the success rate is so high (and I am so impatient!).

Good luck with your RE and reproductive group visits next week, and keep us informed! Baby dust to you!!
  • Options
    Hey Jenny!
    So glad to hear that you and your RE have made a plan, and an excellent plan by the sounds of it, for this cycle! Hopefully, this will be the recipe for your BFP...fingers and toes crossed! When are you starting the Femara? As far as us switching donors, the main reason was the samples. When it came time for the insemination, the first vial gave us 2.2 million with 96% motility and the second gave us 3.7 with 92% motility. Now, those numbers were post wash. Our RE likes to order ICI vials and wash the samples themselves (just their preference I guess)LOL. Now the dr. said that anything over 1 million can result in a pregnancy but agreed that the numbers were a little low. I also called and spoke to Melonee at CCB. She also believed the numbers sounded a little low, but I did not have all the specifics on the vials when talking to her. She told us to have our physician fill out a form and have CCB review the sample stats. So in the end we just feel like maybe 13708 will not be a good match :( Which stinks, cause we fell in love with his profile....I looked into your donor, and you are right...he is out of samples at the moment. My partner and I are going to go with 12656...hopefully this is our new lucky number! NOW...if only AF would pay me a visit we could get this next cycle started!! C'mon AF! :) So excited for your journey...keep me posted!!!! BABY DUST...sticky BABY DUST!!

Jennie,
    The more the merrier around here! Just like Jenny said, extra support and encouragement is what this is all about! So great to hear other people's experiences...I believe we have a lot to learn from one another. It is also great to have people to share this crazy time with, people that understand just what the other is going through! I share Jenny's sentiment, you are an excellent daughter to have put your needs behind your mothers. I pray that she is doing well and cancer free! Times like that really show you a person's character...and they really put things into perspective and show you what in life is truly important. Now it looks like this is your time...and I couldn't be more happy for you! I am so excited to follow your journey! Good luck to you...and tons of sticky BABY DUST!!! Can't wait for your updates!!!

Courtney :)
  • Options
    Jennie-

I am the same age as you and about to venture Into IVF. I had 7 failed IUIs and it was just too emotionally difficult to get a negative 7 months in a row. I am putting my heart and soul into IVF in June and hoping for the best.

Good luck to you!
  • Options
    Hey Courtney!

I am super excited about this round. I have read a lot of positive information about femara, so maybe I will have good results as well. My RE gave me a 5 day regimen, and I am on day 3. I am really glad that I don't have any side effects from the medication, although from what I understand femera has lower instances of side effects than clomid. So two more days of meds then I have a sonogram scheduled for next Thursday. We'll see how it goes!

I can't believe that your numbers were so low! That seems pretty off to me. I know CCB guarantees 10M sperm per vial, but I'm not sure how it works if the clinic does the washing. Those numbers may not have been because of the donor himself. If your new donor's numbers are the same, then maybe something is going on with the way your clinic is washing the sperm. Either way, COME ON 12656!!

AF hasn't started yet? hmmm. I am not a huge fan of herbal supplements, but I have heard vitex chaste berry is great for regulating hormones. Also red raspberry leaf tea (and coincidentally the only kind of tea I can stomach) is great for your uterus and hormones as well. Maybe that could get things started! I am sure you are so ready to start your next cycle! I hope AF starts soon!! I want us to be on our TWW together again!! :)

Baby dust! - Jenny
  • Options
    Jenny!

AF came this morning!! I have my baseline ultrasound scheduled for 11:15 in the morning...so with a little luck, we should be getting started! Thank goodness!!!

We were pretty disappointed in the samples...CCB is in the process of reviewing them. Being that we got ICI samples, the guarantee was 15 million...so now we just have to wait and see. The RE that we are using is the same RE that many of our friends have used and been successful with...that being said hopefully it was just the donor that was off :( Which is still a bummer, but I guess we have to let it go! So we are moving on!!!

I myself had been doing research on Femara vs. Clomid...From what I was reading it seems I found a lot of success stories on the Femara! I was on Clomid last cycle, 100mg and I didn't personally have any side effects. I developed 3 follicles...2 @ 16mm and 1 @ 19mm at time of trigger. The nurse said in their opinion I had a good response to the Clomid so they want to keep me on it and at the same dose. Hmmm...I am questioning that. It makes me nervous to stay on the same medication and at the same dose all over again. The only thing they want to change up is using HCG trigger vs. Ovidrel (which we used last cycle). Guess I will have to discuss tomorrow in more detail with them! What are your thoughts?

So glad it looks like we will be in the TWW together again!!! I will let you know how tomorrow goes!!! Here is to us both getting our BFP!!!!

BABY DUST!!!!
  • Options
    Hey Ladies!! I've been so busy the past couple days, I haven't had a chance to drop by and say hi and see how you both are doing. Thank you so much for the warm welcome!

Jenny- good for you for moving forward and doing this as a single woman! I am very proud of the fact that I'm doing this on my own and I it seems that most people are really supportive of my decision.

Courtney - how long have you and your partner been together? That's awesome that you have support at home. :) I am so grateful for this bulletin board and have met some great women! It's so helpful to chat with someone going through the same thing & that understands how emotional and draining it can be.

Everything about this process is about waiting, and I'm so excited to get going that it's driving me crazy! So are you guys nervous about multiples at all? I was a little nervous when I was doing IUIs because of the Clomid and several eggs, but I read that there is a 30% chance with IVF pregnancies. A friend of mine that used to work for my fertility Dr. says that the minimum number of embryos that they transfer is 2. I haven't had my consultation yet, so who knows if that is true. I guess I will find out soon enough.

I am almost positive that CCB guarantees 10mil or more with each vial and I think they will credit your account if you have proof from MD that is was below that number. That's a lot of money....go get a credit!

So my mom has Multiple Myeloma which is cancer of the bone marrow. After 4 months of chemo she had a stem cell transplant...it was a really long road and she almost lost her battle, but I am so very happy to say that today she is in remission and doing very well!!! :)

So what do you ladies do? Where do you live? I have been a nurse for 10 years. I live in Tampa, FL and now I am an Administrator for a Home Health Agency.

Sorry about the 20 questions....Lots and lots of baby dust to us all!!! :) This is our time girls!
  • Options
    I forgot to tell you guys...I ordered quite a few supplements on Amazon. My sister-in-law and brother had my niece Ashley via IVF and they have been trying again. He suggested some supplements to help egg quality, fertility, etc. I did lots of research and ended up getting Royal Jelly, Primrose Oil, L-Arginine, Zinc, Maca, & CoQ10 Ubiquinol. You guys should look them up! Jenny - I also bought Raspberry tea! I really wish I was on the same cycle as you guys and was already starting....soon I hope! Good luck ladies!!!
  • Options
    Hey Jennie!!! Staying busy is a good thing...it helps to pass the time!!! :)

You are such an amazing and strong person, reading your story gives me goose bumps. Mom is blessed to have you! I am so glad to hear mom is in remission and doing well! Sounds like you have a tight knit family and excellent support system. I think it is amazing that you are moving forward with this next chapter of your life...when it is time, it is time...and it waits for nothing! So proud of you and couldn't be more excited for you!

My partner, Rachel, and I have been together 9 years...and we just got married on 3/6 :) We are so excited for this next chapter in our lives! The waiting game is so difficult...but I keep reminding myself perfection takes time; it will come! Had our baseline ultrasound today and we start round two of Clomid tomorrow! Fingers crossed!!! With the Clomid, the chance of multiples doesn't make me too nervous...I just pray that if we were blessed with multiples that everybody would be HAPPY and HEALTHY!

Our Dr. sent the paper work into CCB for the credit...now we just have to wait on them. CCB said it takes up to 2 weeks for them to issue the credit. So we shall see! We are switching donors this cycle though!!

Such a small world! We live in West Palm Beach...so we are not too far from each other! Rachel and I used to live outside of Tampa a few years back and my parents currently live in Plant City! I have such respect for what you do...last year my mom became very ill and her colon had ruptured. She had her entire colon removed and had an ostomy. She was under home health care (BayCare) for many months...what you do makes a huge difference in so many lives! I am 29, and am a 911 dispatcher...:)

I love coming on here and getting updates from you girls! It is so comforting to go through this experience with others! When do you go for your consultation? I have my fingers and toes crossed for you...I am sending BABY DUST your way!!!

I will have to look into those supplements!! Anything that could help up our chances is worth looking into! Can't hurt right?! :) Have you selected your donor?
  • Options
    Courtney! Crazy how close we are! My mom was born in Canada but moved to West Palm Beach when she was 5 and lived there until her early 20s. I spent lots of time visiting my grandma when I was little. I have some great memories from there! It has been a long time since I've been there though.

You're a newlywed!! CONGRATS!!! Two weeks!! That is awesome! I am very happy for you and Rachel!

I am glad you had your MD fill out that paperwork. These vials are not cheap...any help is great...especially if you didn't get the count that is guaranteed. I'm not sure about you, but my insurance covers absolutely nothing except tests to figure out fertility issues.$$$ So worth it when I end up with my baby! :) Wow...that sounds so wonderful!

That's fantastic that you are a 911 dispatcher! Thank you for your service! That's got to be so intense! I worked in the ER for about a year and it was the craziest job ever. My dad has worked in the ER for 35 years and he really encouraged me to try it out. I did like it, but after a year, I had to move on.

I lived in Santa Cruz, CA for about 5 years and that is where I ended up as a home health care nurse. CA is awesome, especially Santa Cruz! It's so laid back and very liberal :) My kind of place. My relationship didn't work out and I missed my family so much, so decided to move back to FL in 2012.

My appointment is on Thursday. I wish I could fast forward. When it comes to fertility and having a baby, I am not patient...at all. I have a feeling he will put me on BC pills for a month to regulate me before I start on injectables. Doctor knows best, I am just excited, you know?

How are you doing on the meds? Any side effects? Oh I wanted to tell you, if you hit search and type in your donor number, all discussions will come up for that donor. I chose 12784. :) I checked your donor out and he sounds great and is wicked cute!!

Boy am I glad I found you and Jenny :) Hope to keep in touch with you two through this journey. Of course...lots and lots of BABY DUST!!!!

• Options
    Hey ah_511!

On Thursday is my consultation. I am hoping I can get going with everything on my next cycle, but I think he will put me on BC pills first. If so, we might be doing IVF around the same time. :) Everyone stay positive!! This is our year! Baby dust! Oh by the way, my donor is 12874. Mistyped...

• Options
    Hi ladies!

just finished reading all of your posts. I started the process in january as a SMBC. I should probably start with a short background. I'm 27, saw my fertility dr in january did hsg & sonohysterogram found out I have PCOS. Took provera to start my cycle & had my baseline 3 day ultrasound & blood work last monday. FSH & progesterone levels were good so monday night I started Gonal F injections. Thursday I went in for another ultrasound I have 4 follicles didn't ask about size but she says I should be ready by monday, I have ultrasound & bloodwork scheduled for monday. I'm so nervous. I will be doing hcg trigger shot. I'm not sure what I'll do to keep busy during my TWW. praying that you girls get BFP this next round :)

-Miah
  • Options
    Jennie-
    Such a small world!! Crazy to think out of all the places...we have West Palm Beach and Tampa in common! Super jealous that you have lived in California! I have never been out there...but oh how I hope to make it one day!! Bless you and your dad for what you both do! I actually started nursing school straight out of high school and worked in the OR at a local hospital while I attended. Long story short, I didn't finish...but everything happens for a reason right? LOL I actually love my job now, some days are more hectic than others...but I do love it!

As far as my insurance....we are in the same boat! They only covered the testing. Which, I guess is better than nothing...although it would be nice if they covered more :) You are so right though, in the end, when we are holding our lil ones everything will have been so worth it!

Last cycle when I took the Clomid, I only had a few hot flashes! Phew! I have read some terrible stories about the side effects some women have after taking it. Tonight I will start round 2 on it, fingers crossed that I won't have any terrible side effects. But again, in the end it will have all been worth it!

I am so excited for your Thursday appointment! I have my fingers and toes crossed for you...you will get your BFP I know it! We will all be in this together...THIS YEAR BELONGS TO ALL OF US! Oh...and the raspberry tea....any kind of raspberry tea in particular?

I too am glad we found each other...support and encouragement is so important! BABY DUST...can't wait to hear about Thursday!!!
  • Options
    Miah!

Welcome to our group! From the sounds of it you are ready to go!!! 4 follicles sounds SUPER great! I am so excited for your journey! I commend you on becoming SMBC...when the time is right, the time is right...no matter the circumstances...it waits for nobody :) You got this! On my first cycle, we did Ovidrel trigger...this time around RE is switching it to HCG trigger. I have read of greater success with HCG trigger...so it seems like you are hitting the ground running!

During our TWW, I found that the first week actually flew by! It was the second week that seemed to take it's sweet time! LOL I tried to not focus on very little thing going on with my body, which was difficult at times :) I resisted the urge to take HPT...just waited on my BETA. My RE told us, carry on as though we were pregnant, until it was proven otherwise! Here is to you getting your BFP on your first cycle!! May I ask which donor you are using? I cannot wait to hear about your apt. Monday! BABY DUST!!!!!!!