Options

Donor 14949

Comments

• Options

@TwoMoms73 beta testing tomorrow AM. FX but I don't feel any different or anything. We're doing progresterone in oil injections so thats making my breasts SO Sore. Hoping not just that! Will find out tomorrow :neutral:

• Options

Good luck, @2momsLotsOfLove! Fingers crossed for you! I think it's okay if you don't feel any different. Technically most pregnancy symptoms shouldn't occur until after a positive test. I have to do progesterone in oil this time, too! Previously I used vaginal progesterone. Last time I started my period the day before I was even supposed to test, so my doctor is hoping the progesterone in oil will prevent that this time.
    Let us know what happens tomorrow!

• Options

@TwoMoms73 Will do! Last month I did vaginal progesterone too (woof never again). Last month I missed my original AF date because of it. AF came about 1.5-2 days after I got my BFN and stopped the progesterone. I was supposed to get AF this month this past Wednesday. So adding to the frustration IDK if it's because of a monster growing inside me or the progesterone that's making me late! Argh. Thanks for the support!

• Options

@TwoMoms73 we plan to put the AA one in first. I’m 42 and am afraid of twins and want the best outcome possible. One at a time for us!

• Options

Got our BFN yesterday...onto IUI cycle #3! Hopefully third time's the charm!

• Options

Ugh, I'm sorry! I was thinking about you guys yesterday. I told my wife that you either weren't motivated to get on here because of a BFN, or so excited by a BFP that you forgot to let us know! I'm hoping for third time's a charm, too. This is our third cycle with this donor.

• Options

@TwoMoms73 Thank you! Yeah I was just away from the computer all day long. It's tough but I'm trying to manage my expectations with all of this -- I know from reading all the research that everyone says if you are going to get pregnant with IUI it is most likely to happen in the 3rd or 4th try. Here's to hoping we're just another couple of statistics! :blush:

• Options

@2momsLotsOfLove, we also don't have the benefit of sperm intermittently being introduced up there naturally. I think a lot of the research is done with straight couples, who are instructed to also have intercourse around the time of IUIs. I figure there's no reason to panic if it takes us a little longer!

• Options

@TwoMoms73 true!

Had my day 1/2 bloodwork for IUI #3 today! Fingers crossed!

• Options

How did it go?

I'm day 8 post IUI now, so over halfway done with the wait. It's been okay. The nightly progesterone shots have been a fun new addition to this cycle...

• Options

Hello -
    My wife and I were planning on using 14949 this cycle but only bought one vial. We are planning on having more than 1 kid, so now that he is sold out we are going to choose another donor. We have one vial that is being stored at our doctors office that we will be looking to sell if anyone needs another vial.

• Options

@TwoMoms73 When do you beta test!?! FX for you?!

I had my 10-day bloodwork today and apparently I've got a 20.5mm follicle. So I'll probably be IUIing sometime this weekend...earlier than I expected. I guess clomid can do that though.

• Options

I am pleased to report that 14949's sperm works!!!

We tested yesterday and had 2 positive tests at home! I went in for my Quant HCG and it was 86, which they said is excellent. I'll go back in tomorrow morning for a repeat... We're hoping it doubles!

This was our third try with this donor, but I had tried before with a different donor. I was starting to worry that we were never going to see a positive test! I'm still in disbelief, but beyond excited.

• Options

@TwoMoms73 OH MY GOSH CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! I am so excited for you! Best wishes for a healthy pregnancy -- Keep us posted throughout!

PS thank you for giving me hope that 14949 works!!

• Options

@2momsLotsOfLove, thank you so much!! I'm really hoping you join us soon!

Our repeat Quant this morning almost exactly doubled to 177.

• Options

@TwoMoms73 Thanks! We triggered last night and have IUI set for tomorrow AM. Fingers crossed for us! :smiley:

• Options

Good luck!! Please keep us updated!!

• Options

@2momsLotsOfLove , we've been thinking of you guys! Good luck on testing day in a few days!!!

• Options

@TwoMoms73 thanks so much! I'm going out of my mind!!!!

I took a HPT last night and had a negative result. We have been using the First Response Early Results - not digital. BUT I feel like I purposely set myself up for failure here so we've decided to totally ignore the results of this test, in the spirit of self-preservation. I had just gotten back from the gym at around 9pm. drank a huge cup of water, peed, and then tested an only an hour later with a little bit of pee. I thought I saw the faintest of faint lines on the test, but it wasn't visible all the time - only when I tilted the test back and forth. It was probably the evap line, or the line that is supposed to show if you're prego, but it was just wet from my non-prego urine and decided to mock me! We triggered with Ovidrel 12 days ago, so at least the silver lining is I know that's about out of my system, unless the line was the remnants of that!

IDK if I'm going to get more tests, or if I'm just going to wait until Monday AM. UGH!

• Options

@TwoMoms73 PS - How are YOU Doing?!!?!

• Options

@TwoMoms73 Our pregnancy test came back negative :( That's our 3rd negative in a row. We're going to take a break for the month of March, because in April I am getting new (and super awesome) health insurance from my new job. Hopefully that will ease the financial burden for us, and we can focus all our energy on getting prego! My RE wants to do the HSG test when we start back up, to make sure everything is ok too. #Nervous!

Please tell me how you're doing! My wife and I are so happy for you and your growing family!! <3<3<3

• Options

@2momsLotsOfLove
    Ugh, I'm so sorry. The heartbreak is fresh in my mind. We did 5 cycles of IUI with a different donor before switching to 14949 and finally getting pregnant on our 3rd cycle. The 8th try! I'm obviously hoping it doesn't take that many tries for you guys, but my point is that I was starting to feel like it was never going to happen. All those negative pregnancy tests sucked so bad... and just when I was almost sure I'd have another negative, we got our BFP! I know you must be feeling so many emotions right now, but I think your plan sounds good. Take a month off to just relax and then get ready to do it again! Will your new insurance have fertility coverage?

At times, I am still in disbelief that I'm even pregnant. But it's definitely true! Our ultrasound was about a week and a half ago and everything looked great-- even had a heartbeat already! I'm 7 weeks pregnant today and the nausea is real. I have queasiness pretty much all day except when I'm eating. Still doing progesterone shots and can't wait til that part is over!

• Options

Is anyone else concerned or moving to act in any way due to there being no more vials left of 14949, according to the website?

• Options

we just used our last 2 vials of 14949 for this last IUI session. If this round doesn't work we have to pick a new donor :(

• Options

Good luck, @2momsLotsOfLove! We'll be thinking about you. When do you test?

• Options

@TwoMoms73 Monday AM! But I'm getting antsy. We triggered with ovidrel last Saturday at noon. So today is 10 days post trigger. I think it might be safe to do a home test.

• Options

We are also antsy that there are no vials left. We’ve had no luck with 3iui. Did a consult for ivf and have a follow up with a new doctor in NY on May 16th. Unfortunately our insurance doesn’t cover anything so we’ve hit quite the financial block. So happy for those that have had success with 14949- wishing everyone continued luck and positive vibes!

• Options

@TwoMoms73 we got a BFP! Well 4 really because that's how many tests we've taken! Still waiting for beta on Monday but AAAHHHH!!!!!

• Options

Hi ladies!! Just a reminder we have 1 vial of 14949 that we will not be using (I am pregnant using a different donor) being stored at our dr office. We would be willing to sell at a discounted price.

• Options

@2momslotsoflove-
    OMG!!! Congratulations!!! So happy for you guys! Can't wait to hear updates. How was the quant testing? Did you go twice already?

@2bex
    Thanks for the offer. I'm pregnant now and we have some vials in storage so we're not in the market to buy any just yet. I hope someone takes you up on the offer soon, though. We don't want any going to waste!