Options

TWW

Comments

• Options
    Firefly419 - We did Chlomid the first round. This time the Dr changed it to Femara. The side effects have been nothing like those she had on Chlomid. It was an awful TWW for her last time. Good luck you on the next round.

We are taking it easy. My partner had acupuncture done today. I read it can improve the results of an IUI. So...we shall see.

Other than that, just enjoying our two days off together. Hope everyone else has a great weekend.
  • Options
    Well ladies, AF showed herself today. Cramps are crucial. IUI5 was another fail... I talked with my acupuncturist, she only does acupuncture for infertility, and she has suggested that I just give my body a break from all the meds and let my body reset and let her work on my body through acupuncture. With that being said, IVF is scheduled for December. Ultimately we have the choice to either keeping trying IUIs until November or just wait for IVF. I really trust my acupuncturist and she has a great plan for my body. She has given me Chinese herbs to create better quality eggs and get my body ready for pregnancy. So we are leaning on just continuing to see her twice a week until our IVF date. Who knows though, that can change tomorrow. For now, my wife and I are just trying to understand what we are currently going through. Each TWW and BFN is just as hard as the first. We just have to work through it and keep our heads up. We will have our baby when the time is right. I wish all you ladies the best and sending a ton of baby dust to each and everyone of you!!
  • Options
    WestFam - I'm so sorry to hear that! Please keep us updated on how everything is going in the future!

NCMoms - I did acupuncture for a bit once to help with sleep and I LOVED it. Might get back into it for next cycle.

My temp dipped again this morning. Looking like AF is going to show up today or tomorrow. Baaaad cramps and backache, too. Ugh!
  • Options
    AF came this afternoon. Even though I consider myself to be an extremely pragmatic person, I can't help but be the smallest bit devastated. It seems really unfair for us women that this huge disappointment happens each month on the same day our hormones are already raging, huh?
  • Options
    WestFam and Schuyler - I am sorry to hear that for both of you. It is extremely unfair. :(. It's hard to want something so bad and it not happen.

I keep having friends who are coming up pregnant who haven't even planned. My own niece found out in March she was pregnant; she just turned 20. She was devastated at the moment. Now, she's so excited but I can't help to be a little upset and jealous that it's not us. I know our time will come. I was just hoping it would have happened already. Trying to stay positive. We're 9dpiui now. No symptoms of any sort; not sure if that's good or bad. We went for the progesterone test today. We get the results tomorrow. Still praying and holding on to hope and faith.
  • Options
    Hello ladies!!! I am so new here! I just had my very first IUI on Saturday so I'm going on 3dpiui and I am going crazy! My wife thinks I'm being negative but I am just so scared of it failing. Is it possible to become pregnant on the first one? ??
  • Options
    Werita - Welcome to the group. Congratulations to you and your wife on your first IUI. It definitely is possible to become pregnant on the first IUI. Try not to think about it or stress over it. It will make for a long two weeks. I know it's easier said than done; we've been there. Try to keep your minds occupied with doing other things. Good luck and know that we are here for you!!
  • Options
    this is our FIRST tww and we were excited at the beginning and now we are coming down on week one and feeling a little disappointed that there are no signs or symptoms... I keep telling her to wait and see and whats meant for us will be for us. But its literally killing me as I sit here and try to be supportive to her :(
  • Options
    2Moms - Trust me. I know how nerve wracking it is. Just remember the saying that sometimes no news is good news. It's still early so she might not show any symptoms at all; not everyone does. Good luck to you both. We're 11dpiui...getting closer!
  • Options
    NCMoms. You have tried 11 times? Sorry obviously new to the acronyms... 11dpiui...
  • Options
    No our second IUI. We're 11days after our last one in the TWW. All the acronyms take time to learn. Lol.
  • Options
    hello ladies, I am sorry for being away. My wife and I took a trip to Maine and of course AF came along with us so it's been a difficult week. We had an in depth conversation as to if we wanted to progress at this point with IVF now since this was our last covered IUI. We are going to go forward and keep trying at this point. The whole IVF thing scares me to death though since I was in so much cramping pains after the IUI ... but I am hoping like all of you are as well. It's nerve wracking for me because after so many IUI's I know the process like the back of my hand and this will now be completely uncharted territory - coupled with the fact that we will have to travel extensively for each visit. I am so sorry for all of you that have received AF or the BFN...this surely is a difficult journey and I don't wish this emotional roller coaster on anyone...but - on the bright side (always trying to find one) it has brought my wife and I so much closer together and solidified our marriage beyond anything I could have ever imagined.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear Ifippin. Have you made any decisions on how you two are going to proceed? I know it is a hard on to make but the two of you will make the best decision for your family.

Hope everyone else has a relaxing and non-stressful TWW. I will probably be trying again in a few weeks. :)
  • Options
    13dpiui!!! OMG! I have been so stressed the past few days thinking about things. I'm trying not to stress my partner because she just needs good vibes right now. Has anyone else had any symptoms? She had light pink spotting Wednesday. Yesterday, she had two small clots (sorry for TMI). Both days she had some mild pinching on the left side and feeling bloated. Today no spotting or clots. She hasn't been cramping today, just feeling some pressure. I want to believe it was implantation, but my mind keeps screwing with me. I want this so bad, but even more for her. I have a 15 yr old daughter. My partner is 31. She just desperately wants her own baby. I know everyone here wants the same thing. It's easier talking to strangers going through the same things and feelings, than any of our friends. Sorry for the long post.
  • Options
    Okay, so today was 14dpiui. We used an Easy at Home pregnancy test strip which showed two lines, with the test line being very faint. Decided to take a digital test tonight and it says PREGNANT!!! Of course because we're so paranoid, we will test again in the morning. I'm so excited just to be able to see that word come up on the test.

How is everyone else doing?
  • Options
    NCMoms: Congratulations! So exciting!!!!

I am now 8DPIUI. I have read over and over again that it's not recommended to take a pregnancy test before the 2WW but I couldn't wait anymore, and of course it was negative. I have been feeling like AF is coming :(
  • Options
    NCMoms: Congratulations to you both!!! Please keep us updated!

Werita: I tested early a couple of times this past cycle, and it kind of crushed me to see the BFN! I will definitely be waiting until at least one day past missed AF before testing in the future. 8DPIUI is sooooooo early, though, don't count yourself out yet! Most HPTs won't show anything that early.
  • Options
    NCMoms: YAY!! Congrats thats SUPER exciting!

Partner just started wiping pink today :( Which I am guessing means our first IUI was not a success. Does it get any easier to find this out? Feeling disappointed BUT definitely dont want to make her feel worse than she already does. Guess we will aim for round two next month.
  • Options
    YAY!! Congrats NCMoms!!!!!!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!!!! We are so excited! I'm having trouble containing it. Lol.

Werita - Don't count out a positive yet. 8 days is early. We tested at 11 days and got a BFN. We've now taken 6 HPT and all confirm that we're pregnant. There's still hope.

2Moms - How many days are you pIUI? My partner has pink Wednesday and Thursday. She even had some pink on Saturday the first day we got our BFP. It doesn't mean it's not successful. We were really stressed out after the first IUI although we had in our minds it probably wouldn't work the first time. Don't give up.

We were less stressed this go round. We thought it wouldn't work because the timing seemed off from the beginning of her last cycle. We ended up having an IUI on that Saturday. Do her OPK test being at peak, which it was early, we didn't have the trigger shot the day before like last time. Instead, the Dr gave the trigger shot right after the IUI. This time we were on Femara instead of Chlomid. We also had acupuncture 6dpiui. Between everything and with the help of God, it worked.
  • Options
    NCMoms: We are 11 days post IUI. Whats interesting our Dr gave us the shot but told us NOT to use it since she ovulated TWO days in a row. She is not taking Clomid either because the Dr said that increases her chances of ovulation. But everywhere I read everyone else is taking something or the shot.
  • Options
    We ovulated too, but he still had us take shot and took the Femara to increase the follicle size and the thickening of the lining for implantation. If she wipes pink for a day or two then nothing, it could still be implantation. If you guys wanna chat and talk about anything feel free to email me at whenlandandskybecomeone16@gmail.com. Still praying you get a BFP.
  • Options
    2Moms: It's common for REs to prescribe Clomid or a trigger shot, but it's also common for doctors to want to wait a few rounds before going that route. I see a midwife, and really the only thing they'll do is prescribe Clomid or Femara (they don't do ultrasounds or trigger), but that's after several tries unmedicated. Everyone has their own preference with what route to take!
  • Options
    NCMoms: Thank you so much!! Ill most def email you for any other questions. I like your email name :)

Schuyler: Thanks for the input I was reading through here like ugh why isnt she medicated, but I guess we will see what she does (if need be) for round two.
  • Options
    How's everyone doing? Anything new going on? We are 5 weeks and 1 day pregnant. Ultrasound scheduled for the 28th.
  • Options
    So exciting, NCMoms! Let us know how it goes!

I'll be trying again this week! Hopefully Wednesday or Thursday. Saw a new fertility acupuncturist this evening and LOVED her, so hoping for a little extra boost from that :)
  • Options
    Good luck Schuyler! Let us know how it goes. :).
  • Options
    good luck schuyler!!
    I am giving it another go next week. :)

NCMoms - hows everything going for you?
  • Options
    Good luck Firefly!!

Things are going good. 5wks3days. Her progesterone dropped some but after some supplements, it's going back up and looks good. Her HCG is rising good. The Dr is very pleased. Counting down to our first ultrasound on the 28th. My poor baby has a cold that came on today though. :(. Early pregnancy symptoms plus a cold equals a not so good combo.
  • Options
    NCMoms: Hope your wife is feeling better! I also had a nasty cold last week! Summer colds are the worst, and I'm pregnancy symptoms did not help one bit.

I had hoped to go in mid-last week; I was hoping I was going to be ovulating early, but I think my cold threw of my ovulation signs. I ended up with a +OPK right when I normally do, so we did our second round of IUI yesterday! I was all nervous because it was a weekend and I had to get in touch with the midwife on call, but it was actually GREAT because we had the whole office to ourselves and she even let us see the sperm under the microscope.

This midwife seemed so much more knowledgeable than the one who did my first IUI. She worked for a decade at a fertility clinic, so I completely trusted her when she said a 10 day LP should not be a problem, especially given everything else about my body points to ovulating on its own.

I have acupuncture this afternoon. Overall, I feel MUCH more relaxed than last cycle, and I have a busy couple of weeks coming up, so that'll help :)

How's everyone else doing???