first IUI & WE ARE PREGNANT

After using donor 15348 for the first time and our first time trying we are pregnant. SUPER EXCITED

Comments

• Congrats!!! I’m about to do my first trial in a month. Any advice or methods or medications or anything you can share? @jhgc

• Good luck @futuresinglemom21. We wish you the best. I hope her comment helps!

• Awesome. Thanks so much for your feedback.

• Good luck!

• Congrats on your pregnancy! For the ladies who have some home insemination, using the Mosie Baby Syringe, did you inseminate 1 or 2 days after positive OPK? Also, which OPK did you use? My wife and I are planning to try soon and we have the Clearblue Digital Advance and want to know when should we inseminate after getting the "Peak"/solid smiley. Thanks for the help.

• Congrats!! I am thinking if using this donor. He seems like a lovely person.

• This donor is at the top of our list as well. He seems wonderful. Has anyone looked in depth into how likely it is that MS is passed on genetically? I noticed his Father has MS, which is the only thing keeping my wife and I from pulling the trigger (no pun intended) on this donor

• Same here! @J&J That is the only thing keeping us from using this donor. If anyone has any info about the MS portion, we would greatly appreciate it!

• @LKB when we called and spoke to a genetic counselor she didn't seem to think it was a big concern. A lot that I've read has said that it's not like a dominant train that is easily passed from generation to generation, however if you have an immediate family member with MS you are at a slightly higher risk than the general population. Obviously since this tends to be a disease that shows up later in life we don't even know yet if the donor has it. We are really struggling with this as we love everything about him and it has been tough to find someone that myself and my wife both love.

• @LKB and @J&J Here's some information from our Genetics Department manager:

"Multiple sclerosis is believed to be caused by a combination of environmental and genetic factors but there is no single gene or mutation known to directly cause this condition. You can learn more about MS at https://www.nationalmssociety.org/What-is-MS.

All of our donors' family histories are evaluated by a genetic counselor and applicants are not accepted if their offspring are thought to be at greatly increased risk above the general population risks for any significant inherited disorders. However, even if a donor’s family history is considered acceptable by our genetic counselors, that doesn’t mean that a donor is right for your family. You may want to consider speaking with your physician and genetic counselor who can explain the diagnosis in more detail and assist you in deciding if this donor is best for you. You can locate a genetic counselor in your area at www.nsgc.org."

Regards,

Nicole
    California Cryobank

• gcjhgcjh Posts: 32
    edited June 17, 2018 12:59AM

Hey guys sooooo sorry on the late response me I have been busy with work and never had the chance to check my phone to get on here and chat. But for the ladies with the concern of the MS I spoke to my physician about the matter and she stated it is not a big concern that was one of my worries as well. So I feel you guys should be fine if that’s your only downfall. But still again check with your physician because it can be a scenario situation different people go through different things @J&J @ACMR @LKB

• @Looking4Baby hey sorry on late response but we use the clear blue digital as well not even the advanced but we did it on the second day which was my highest ovulation day. To help me know this info I used the Ovia app to track my ovulation on the 15th it said I was 9.5 but on the 16th I was 10 and sure enough I had I solid smiley and it was high didn’t take long to show results. We did that same day 1 time with 1 vail. So even if you go with the 9.5 I’m for sure you’ll still get the same result the best day of doing it is the first 3 days of positive OPK test. Good luck. If you have any more concern lmk. I’ll be checking daily since I’m off work for some time.

• I really love this bulletin board it has been really helpful on research and knowing that there are other couples out there who are doing the same method me and my wife wanted to use. I do have a few questions if someone wouldn't mind sharing the knowledge. Was it hard to get the specimen sent to you ? did you have it sent to your home or did you pick it up ? and was it hard to thaw out ? Also did you take an OPK test every day for a month ?

• @Karamo&Keva7175 hi how are you sorry on the late response I wish this thing had notifications when someone comments because I rarely check this, but to answer your questions. 1. It was not hard having the specimen sent to us at home only thing needed was a payment and your signature page from you Dr. stating it is okay for you to receive the specimen, once those items were received the specimen was all yours now it did take a couple of days I wanna say like 2 or 3 business days so that’s something to check. 2. It was not hard to thaw there will be instructions sent with the specimen but it was just about 10-15min at 90 degrees I believe, and again the instruction will have all the accurate info in once you receive specimen. 3. No I didn’t take it everyday I use the Ovia Ovulation Tracking App and when the tracker stated I would be ovulating at a 9.5, 10 and 9.5 scoring I tested those few days maybe i started testing on my low scoring day just to make sure it was working correctly and i continued on through the mid and high scoring but on my 10 score day is when I did the procedure since it was my highest day of ovulation. Hopefully that helps for you guys if there’s more questions just comment and I’ll try to check this more often since I know there’s someone interested in some additional info. GOOD LUCK. :)

• We are trying with this donor next month! Congrats to you! Where are you located? Wisconsin here!

• @Sgtbboomer I’m located in Alabama.

• Would you be interested in messaging privately? Sgtbboomer@yahoo.com

• We have IUI number 3 coming up using this donor. Hoping this one sticks. How are you doing @gcjh ?
    Anyone else have any success with 15348?

• We are officially in the TWW using donor 15348. My wife and I are so excited and hoping for the best!

• So excited to see the conversation about this donor. I am about to buy vials to use for IVF. I had the same question/concern about MS, but it seems it's not something to be very worried about. @gcjh @LKB @J&J @ACMR - looking forward to hearing good news from everyone else also using 15348. :smile:

• There's a really good group on Facebook called CCB Friends for people using this bank to connect. I am on there - G.R. Edwards. Let me know if you join!

• Hey guys I’m doing good I’m having a baby girl she’s healthy and is developing everything in the right way I’ll be 5 months next week so we’re getting there just growing big and healthy. No complications no defects in the growth of the baby everything seems to be going smooth. Thanks for checking up and good luck to each of you trying. Using my tips my help in the earlier post on this thread so check them out. Again good luck and look forward to some more successful attempts.

• @Lacd any updates?
    @J&J any updates?
    @Sgtbboomer any updates?

• We used him in our last attempt which was our 2nd last month and it failed.

• We are 8 weeks with donor15348.

• The count he has was extremely low. He's also a twin good luck 😉

• @Sassy1t congratulations! 🤗❤️

• For those of you who are pregnant with this donor, was it via IUI? IVF?

• For those of you who are pregnant with this donor, was it via IUI? IVF? @Sassy1t @jhgc @gcjh