Options

How long is a typical waitlist time length

Hello! I have been put on a waitlist for donor #15875. Do you know roughly how long it takes for a donor to have another go-around? It says he is a new donor, but it looks like he sold out right away. We would really like to use him, however, if he won't have any more vials available for another 6 months, we may have to look for an alternative.

Comments

• Options

Hi Thedoodles! I don't know if you ended up going with this donor, but I wanted to say I'm on my second round of unmedicated IUI and at the start of my two week wait. First time was a chemical pregnancy which I'm taking as good sign for now that things can line up. :-)

I'd love to know if you ended up using this donor and how it went! I have a few more vials in reserve, but would be interested in buying more if they become available. He seems to sell out fast! I guess we'll see.

• Options

Hello, are you still looking for vials of #15875? I have one vial that is in storage at California Cryobank that I am not going to use. If you are interested please email me at alh8690@gmail.com

Thanks so much!

Audra

• Options

@Thedoodles This will vary greatly as it's specific to the donor. Some clients may wait for only a few days, while others may wait years and there's no guarantee that additional vials will become available.

Covid has also made it more difficult to estimate when additional vials may be released. We paused our donor operations for several months which affected donors coming in for routine donations, blood draws, and physicals. This delay plus the regular 6 month quarantine period for vials has increased the wait time for additional vials to be released.

My estimate for additional vials for Donor 15875 would be April and it would likely be only a few vials.

I would recommend calling Client Services and ask to be added to our notification list so we can contact you if/when additional vials become available. There's a chance that we may get some clients who sell back extra vials. We do have a vial transfer option too, so if you plan to reach out to Audra @FionaH from the post above to transfer the vial from her account to your account, here's the form you will both need: https://d3hwulnyp980el.cloudfront.net/files/cryobankcom/_forms/pdf/documents/non-family-transfer-of-ownership-form.pdf

Regards,

Nicole

California Cryobank

• Options

Hi Audra, more vials came out of quarantine last year so I bought up a bunch. Depending on what I need I'll have some to sell too, I'm guessing, but not till 2022 at the earliest. Got pregnant my second try from unmedicated IUI at 37 so feeling very lucky!