Options

Donor #11050

Hi,
I'm thinking of using Donor #11050. I wanted to know if anyone has gotten pregnant with him and if so how are your babies?

Comments

• Options
    I am thinking about using him as well, please let me know if you were successful with him.
  • Options
    Hi,
    Ok I will definately let you know. When are you beginning your process and are you doing ICI or IUI or IVF?
  • Options
    I am just starting, just got my blood work done with bad results. My FSH is too high but I still want to give it a try. I wonder if anyone reading this had a successful pregnancy with a high FSH level.
  • Options
    I'm sorry you had bad blood results. What did the doctor say about that?
  • Options
    I am taking clomid and they will do another test this Saturday.
  • Options
    Good luck! I started taking clomid on Monday and I'm done taking it on Friday. I have to go back into the clinic on Monday. Did you buy your sperm yet? If so what donor did you choose?
  • Options
    When you say your FSH is high, how high is it? What is your age? Even with a moderately high FSH, you should be able to try with injectibles or IVF. Good luck to you!
  • Options
    Iventura, good luck to you as well. I finished taking clomid too on Friday and I went in today for another blood test and ultra sound. The doctor said I have one big follicle present. We scheduled an IUI for Tuesday. But I just called the Cryobank and they said I have missed the cut off time for shipping today so I will not receive the sperm until after noon on Tuesday. So I might not undergo the IUI on Tuesday. I still think I will go for 11050, I need to order his long profile. I am also thinking about #11255 but he does not have a baby picture. How about you, are you still going for #11050? Have you found anything about him that is not on his short profile that you can share?

mranmrswhite: Yeah I know, I am going to try no matter what my FSH level is, because for now that's the only option I have. My FSH level was 20.8 on cycle day 2 and I am 40 years old. Have you undergone IUI before? One question that just came to my mind is if there is a possibility that I could ovulate before I take the Chorionic Gonadotropin shot after taking clomid. I failed to ask the Dr this question and was just wondering if any of you can give me more information about the timing. Thanks.
  • Options
    Hi Simplesteps,

I stopped Clomid on Friday as well. I went into the clinic today for an an ultrasound and bloodwork which revealed 3 large follicles and one small one. The doctor said it looks good for Wednesday and Friday but told me to wait for the bloodwork to tell me exactly when I should be coming in. THis is my first IUI so I'm not sure about timing. I'm keeping a basal body temperature to make sure that I am not ovulating before that day and if I do I can run over to the clinic as the vials were delivered to the clinic today.

I did in fact purchase Donor 11050. His family history is good with high levels of artistry and education which were very important considerations for me. If you want to be inseminated for this cycle you need to hurry up and order your sperm for delivery by Wednesday at the very latest. Good luck!
  • Options
    Hi Simplesteps,

I stopped Clomid on Friday as well. I went into the clinic today for an an ultrasound and bloodwork which revealed 3 large follicles and one small one. The doctor said it looks good for Wednesday and Friday but told me to wait for the bloodwork to tell me exactly when I should be coming in. THis is my first IUI so I'm not sure about timing. I'm keeping a basal body temperature to make sure that I am not ovulating before that day and if I do I can run over to the clinic as the vials were delivered to the clinic today.

I did in fact purchase Donor 11050. His family history is good with high levels of artistry and education which were very important considerations for me. If you want to be inseminated for this cycle you need to hurry up and order your sperm for delivery by Wednesday at the very latest. Good luck!
  • Options
    Hi Iventura,

Wow,it is amazing that we are going through the same thing at the same time using the same donor. I finally purchased my vial yesterday and it should get to the clinic tomorrow when I will undergo the IUI. Boy, it is expensive! I settled on 11050 because I can see his picture unlike 11255 and he provided a full family medical history. I was amazed that he knew so much about his extended family especially the ones who live in Nigeria.

You are so lucky to have all those follicles, your chances look good. I took the HCG trigger shot this morning at 2:30am and I will be inseminated 36 hours later. As you know my FSH level was too high even after the clomid, 21.8, so I am basically disregarding it and just taking my chances. I hope your blood work turns to be more favourable. Are you using HCG as well and did you have a Clomid Chanllenge test? I was just wondering why the protocol your doctor is using is somewhat different from my doctor's since I took my ultrasound and blood work on cycle day 10 after clomid. Could be because my cycles are very short? Like you, I am not sure about the timing and I don't want to waste the vial for nothing but since I am so new to this, I don't even know the right questions to ask the doctor. The nurse told me this morning that ovulation usually happens 36 hours after the trigger shot but there is no other way to tell if in fact ovulation had occured. Using the ovulation predictor kit is almost useless with the trigger shot because it will show a positive result. I actually used the kit this morning and it showed a smiley face unlike yesterday and saturday before taking the trigger shot.

Anyway I am crossing my fingers and praying for a miracle. I hope it works for both of us. Do you mind if I ask your age?
  • Options
    lventura: I have had five IUIs and one IVF cycle. We initially did four IUIs and then one IVF cycle all with the same CCB donor, all without success. We then changed to a different CCB donor and got pregnant on the first try with IUI. All my IUIs were unmedicated, on my natural cycle. We now have a 14.5 month old daughter and will be trying soon for #2.

Good luck to you!
  • Options
    Mrandmrswhite,
    Congratulations!! I hope you have an easy success with your second try.

Simplesteps,
    I'm 35. My doctor perscribed the shot but is not sure if he will use it. It was expensive too. Anyway, I go in tomorrow for insemmination. My cycles tend to be long so maybe that is why our protocol is different? I did not have a challenge test. I don't think I would have agreed to that. In terms of knowing if I have ovulated, I am keeping a basal body temperature chart this way I will know if I am pregnant and if I ahve miscarried. Wish me luck! If we both get pregnant then our kids will be siblings. LOL Where do you live? My partner and I live in NYC.
  • Options
    Iventura,
    I wish you the best of luck tomorrow with the IUI. I had mine today and it was uneventful; just mild cramps. I actually told my doctor about you and she thinks your cycle is probably longer than mine too. But we'll be only one day apart and should we be both be successful, our kids could almost be twins. I live in Seattle WA and I am a SMC (to borrow the term used on this site.) You should be just fine tomorrow, good luck.
  • Options
    Hi Simplesteps,
    What is a SMC? I had my IUI today and it felt strange. I was not really cramping but it was a strange feeling not to mention that my ovaries are really big right now and about to ovulate. I have to go back on Friday for my second insemination. Will you be doing 2 inseminations also? I spent my afternoon sleeping. I would absolutely love it if we both got pregnant this cycle!
  • Options
    Hello Iventura,

Good for you! I think 2 IUIs can only increase your chances. I wasn't aware of that choice until recently, so I am having only 1 IUI. I can definitely relate to how you're feeling; I felt the same way yesterday but I am back to normal today. I hope you feel much better after the IUI on Friday. I am keeping close attention to the slightest feeling in my lower abdomen for any clues. So far none though!

Ps: SMC is single mum by choice.
  • Options
    SMC, I love it. I wanted to ask you, do you know what was your vial's sperm count? Mine was 22.5 million which they said was really good. I've read of other donors having counts in the 50 million range. Its interesting how much sperm count varies according to donor. By the way, what made you want to choose Donor 11050?
  • Options
    Wow Iventura, surprisingly the sperm count for my vial was only 10.9 million per my Dr. I wonder how come our vials are so different? Seeing the donor's baby photo helped me to narrow down my choices and I liked some of his stats as well.
  • Options
    Iventura, I just read the following from another focum on this board:

"Your RE should be able to tell you IF they use a lab in house.
    If they only thaw and do IUI, you will get the count of when it was shipped. That is not the same count as when it thaws because they don't all make it.
    For example, my IUI today the count was 53 million. However, after they thaw and see how many are alive and swimming, the count was 20 million.
    It does make a big difference.
    We have had as low as 10 million and so 20 million is fantastic.
    Hope that helps."

So maybe the count my doctor gave me was the count after thawing. The doctor also mentioned that the motility was 57%. I will verify with the doctor just to make sure, in case I need another insemination.
  • Options
    Hi Simplesteps,
    How are you feeling? Do you feel any different now that you have had some time after the insemination? I feel some slight cramping but there is a continuous feeling of abdominal fullness for me. I was also experiencing nausea but the may have a lot to do with the Orvidrel shot. Who knows?
  • Options
    Hi Iventura,

You won't believe what a difference a day and a few pain killers can do, by Friday morning I felt like a new person. The nurse said it could be that I was ovulating which is not good since I had the IUI on Tuesday. I would like to agree with comments I read online about those who started cramping a few days after IUI and ended conceiving! So your symtoms are very encouraging, looks like something is happening. I was waiting to hear about your last IUI, so I am glad all went well for you. Now I sometimes feel like I am having period pains but nothing like the cramps I experienced on Thursday. So when are you thinking of testing? I learned you can test as soon as 8 days after IUI but it is better to wait for the 14 days.
  • Options
    Hi Simple,
    Where did you read about the testing as soon as 8 days after? My last IUI was on Friday. When I went in the doctor said that my left ovary (blocked) had ovulated. One of the three follicles in my right ovary was releasing lots of fluid and one of the other follicles was beginning to release as well. He was cautiously enthusiatstic since according to him we got the timing just right. However, he gave me the Orvidrel shot as insurance of ovulation. I also asked him how long thawed sperm can live inside of the uterus and he said that there was no positive information about that? Wish me luck. Today my symptoms have not been as drastic as they were Thursday and Friday but the fullness is still there along with the tenderness. Let's hope its a good sign. I'm afraid to get excited.
  • Options
    Iventura, I can't recall the exact website I read about testing as soon as 8 days after IUI but I searched again and found this one that talked about something similar: http://blogs.webmd.com/healthy-pregnancy/2005/11/hcg-levels-and-ultrasounds-in-early_30.html

It looks like your doctor have everything covered; from timing the 2 inseminations to using the shot. That coupled with the fact that you have so many follicles look really encouraging, so keep the hope up. 1 week is almost gone and before you know it we'll know for sure. I will keep you posted with new developments.
  • Options
    Simplesteps,
    Thanks for the info. Pelase keep me posted with you and your IUI. If we both get pregnant this cycle we will be having siblings. How nice is that. By the way, what is your ethnic background?
  • Options
    Iventura, how is the waiting period going on for you, any new developments? My period should be on anyday and it is the barometer I am using right now and I am very nervous. I feel fine but I feel like I am about to start my period and I am crossing my fingers. Yes, it will be wonderful for our kids to have sibling; I was already going over how we could exchange photos etc. Looking forward to that. I am black, you?
  • Options
    Hi Simplesteps,
    I hope you don't get your period! (teehee) right now I'm waiting and waiting and waiting some more. These are the longest 2 weeks ever! I don't get my period until the end of the month so I have some time before I can test to the highest percentage of accuracy on the pregnancy test. I've had slight cramping. Most of the signs of my period coming are present with the exception of any breast tenderness. I don't know. I keep looking for signs of implantation but some women don't even get that. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the both of us! By the way I'm latina.
  • Options
    Hi Iventura, today is 11 days post IUI and no period for me yet. I am very excited about that since my periods are sometimes as early as 21 days. I am crossing my fingers and keeping hope alive. Like you the wait is killing, it consumes my whole being. You are lucky to have long periods because you will have the opportunity to test before your period is here, thereby keeping hope alive. It is so wierd and unpredicable what my body is doing; one day I have cramps and period pains and the next 2 days I am fine. So my sister, it is so very nice to share my experiences with you; just great to get it off my chest.
  • Options
    Hi Simplesteps,
    It just dawned on me that I did not tell you my name. Its Ive (Ivy). I am so happy for you that you have not gotten your period yet! I gave in and tested on Friday/Saturday (12am). Of course it was negative as it was way too soon to test but I figured.."What the hell? There are 2 in a pack anyway" It made no difference to me but get me more amped up to test again. I am now 12 days post my 1st insemination and 10 days post my second ovulation. Like you I keep getting some cramping like I'm about to get my period but I know its way too soon for that too. Then I have the occasional nausea feeling where my mouth fills up with water and things that I liked to eat I'm not really feeling and things smell a little strange too. I'm not sure if this is a product of the HCG shot though. By the way, did you get your HCG shot before or after insemination. Was it Ovidrel?
  • Options
    Hi Ivy, keep the positive vibes going! The symptoms you are having are very promising ones. I couldn't wait anymore so I just tested unfortunately, it was negative and today is day 13.5 post IUI. Ofcourse I am dissappointed but I am still holding on to some hope since I have not seen my period yet. I have not had any cramps for 4 days now, so I don't know. I hope you have better results than me in a few days. I got my trigger shot 36 hours before insemination. If I recall correctly, I believe it was generic since all it had written on the container was HCG. Keep me posted with your next test results.
    Ida.
  • Options
    Hi Ida,
    I was reading that there are some women who do not test positive until a few day past their missed period. It has something to do with the baby producing low levels of HCG or it taking a while to show up in the mother's blood. Has your clinic been monotring you since you were inseminated?
    -Ive