Options

8th IUI new donor - 11443

2»

Comments

• Options
    Kinihio & Kim~

Sorry to hear about your disappointment this weekend... It really sucks. It is so discouraging to see that negative stick.

As far as counts go, we used 1 donor for our first 6 IUIs. All of them had a count of >50 mil.

We switched to a new donor this last IUI and the count was 53 mil. Motility was somewhere in the 40s.

You think with counts that high, ONE of those swimmers could find one of my eggs...

We're going to try again in January and I'm going to make a huge effort to not stress about it. I'm going to try to forget about it as much as possible until closer to testing time. I know that's easier said than done, but it's really the only thing I can see that may be getting in my way.

Kimberly
  • Options
    Kimberly-

Thanks you for the note of encouragement. I am to call the doctor this am to cancel a preg test. I hope they do not want me to come in anyway as I lie an hour away and would really like to go back to bed. If I continue clomid, I would start that today as well--who knows, I will keep you posted. Where are you from?

Kim
  • Options
    We live in Dallas, Tx.

Good luck with the Clomid this month! I read in another post that you girls were only going to give it one more try. That must have been a really hard decision to make.

Despite all my previous negatives, I know I'm not ready to stop trying yet. I know a couple who had 14 IUIs (and a m/c along the way) before they finally had their son. I remember when I first heard that, I was thinking "Wow". But I'm more than 1/2 way to that number...

I think the more negatives I get the harder it is to stop obsessing about it...
  • Options
    Yes, we are only going to try IUI once more. It is really a monetary thing with us as well as I am tired of disappointment. I have had luck with at home insem but the last miscarriage almost killed me--really. I lost an ovary and a tube and then our son. That was not fun for anyone. That is why I decided to use a doctor this last time, I thought that the timing would be right and I would have teh best chance ever. It looks now as if the timing was off. I started my period 12 after the IUI. I hope this time works like a charm. Good luck to you guys in your next attempt.

Kim
  • Options
    Kimberly,

January will be your #2, not #8, since you got pregnant before! Your doctor is so right! I am glad that you will be able to spend time with your family during December without worrying about the meds, etc. You deserve it. I am excited to hear how everything goes for you in January!! I can't wait for you to get your next positive!! At least you know you CAN get pregnant... that is such a huge challenge to many.

Take care,
    Kathy
  • Options
    Kimberly,
    Who is your donor with that high of a count? I called my RE today and she told me that I get the sperm counts from CCB. I then said I want to know the count after it is thawed? She said she doesn't know of any service that does that.

Our sample goes directly to the RE office. Where did you get the information that it was above 50 million? Is that on paperwork of some kind? Sorry, but I'm trying to find this answer. I am not accepting not knowing how many is in our sample.

Thanks!
  • Options
    I'm sorry ladies. I hate to see those BFN's. It sucks! Keep your heads up. It WILL work!
  • Options
    Kinohio~

For our 1st donor we used 11075. Our current donor is 11127. Both are AA and CMV negative.

I am hispanic & my partner is AA so we want a child that will be reflective of both of us.

Both do have counts >50 mil on each specimen. Our RE office always gives us the post-thaw numbers when we go in for the insemination. Their lab must do the testing before they sent it up to the clinic...
  • Options
    Kathy~

I just realized I missed your post from earlier.

Thanks so much for your word of encouragement!

~Kimberly