Options

I'm starting to panic...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Hey. The other clinic emailed me back and they charge about $3050. I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm trying to find insurance that covers fertility and I have talked to 3 different places and none of them cover any part of AI treatment. I don't think I will be able to afford to do this anytime soon. I might have to wait a while.
  • Options
    I forgot to say. Thank you everybody for your help and support. It means a lot to me. :)
  • Options
    My insurance doesn't pay for "infertility treatments." However, they do pay for labs,ultrasounds and office visits...that has help to curb the cost. Maybe you can do it that way.
  • Options
    mommy87,
    My insurance doesn't cover an AI treatments either. I went to my OB/GYN for the first time the other day just to talk to him and see what to do. He suggested that if I don't have any issues with fertility to do the ICI and come back to him when I get my BFP. After a BFP, insurance will cover my visits and labs because they cover maternity costs....

So that is what I am doing. I am someone who likes things to go right and I am scared about doing it myself at home for there's a chance I could mess up, but it's worth a try. That way, it's more affordable (babies are already expensive enough and I don't want to go into it broke!) because I only have to buy the sperm and pay for shipping. I have enough money to do about 4 cycles if I need to.

I would love to be someone to support you and your decisions even though I live in AZ. Send me an email if you want! rwhitfield4@cox.net

Beca
  • Options
    No problem mommy87, this forum is for us to help each other and be a support. I've found this site to be extremely helpful, sometimes just reading other people's thoughts put things into perspective for me.
  • Options
    Hey hon, I'm from Illinois too. Our state has a fertility mandate... look it up... that means that fertility treatments HAVE to be covered. Check and see if it applies to you... even at my age... I'm 46... I HAVE to be provided four IVF cycles and, thanks to my insurance, my IUI's are unlimited.