Options

First IUI today

I just had my first IUI today with donor 11423. I was so nervous and excited at the same time. I think it went well though. Now for the dreaded 2WW!

Comments

• Options
    Hi Gingy.
    Wow!! I just had my first one as well and I was soooo excited and nervous at the same time. I guess we're in that same 2ww. I felt good about it though, I had 8 million sperm and when I got back to work i did another digital ovulation test just to make sure I still had the smiley face
  • Options
    If you don't mind, let me know if you have any symptoms or anything.
  • Options
    just had my first one last Wed., so I am about a week ahead of you guys. I am trying very consciously to not obsess over every little thing, but it is difficult. :) No symptoms here to speak of.
  • Options
    I had my first IUI with donor sperm on Tuesday. I too am in the 2WW. I keep waiting for a sign or symptom but nothing yet. I used 12167 and he had a ton of swimmers (48 million to start and 26 million lived through the dethaw process). The nurse was pretty impressed. I am just hoping that one little swimmer finds his/her way to an egg.
  • Options
    Well I was told to go in on Tues to have my progesterone levels checked. I researched and found that if your progesterone levels are high then you are most likely pregnant because the levels are 10 times higher in women who have a fertilized egg. Progesterone levels drop when your body is preparing for your menstrual cycle. So I guess I'll see when I go... Baby dust to us all!!!
  • Options
    It's exciting to know that several of us are in this 2WW together. I will definitely let you know of any symptoms. Mine had 10 million swimmers. My nurse told me to take a HPT in 14 days and to not take it any sooner. She said if I did I could get a false positive because of the ovidrel shot. Good luck everyone!
  • Options
    Nothing yet.....Waiting for any signs of a BFP.... This 2ww is killing me and I'm only on day 3 or 2 rather if you don't count the day it was done. I know this is it though I can feel it in my heart. I've been praying for all of us.....
  • Options
    This 2ww is killing me too. It's going by soooo slowly. My stomach has been hurting a little bit but I think it's from nerves. Also, my ovaries hurt on both sides. My ultrasound the day before the IUI showed a 19mm follicle on the left and a 29mm follicle on the right. But I had a medicated cycle with clomid and an ovidrel shot the day before the IUI. So I think its a side effect from the meds. Did any of you have a medicated cycle?
  • Options
    No meds here. I didn't do an ultrasound before either, just home ovulation kit. I actually started testing before my 11 day mark just to make sure I got my timing right. Didn't want to test a day late and miss the egg. Had a little cramping the day of and yesterday, thats it though. I wonder how long it will take before we see any signs?
  • Options
    tww for me too! i went in Saturday morning(3/27/10)... second iui.... but i doubt ill b getting a bfp bc im ovulating on my right side and thats the side i might b clogged!
    baby dust to u all
  • Options
    Good Luck Emmy!! Day 5 since the IUI and I have been having some pains, similar to when you ovulate maybe a little bit more consistent, not sure if it means anything. The stress of waiting is killing me!!!Woke up today in a negative mood, feeling like maybe it didn't happen.....Stressing
  • Options
    Sunshyne- It sounds like you timed it right. Try not to stress too much. I know it's easier said than done though.
    Emmy- I hope that your right side isn't clogged. You never know, you could still get your BFP!
    I've been having some mild cramping. And yesterday I was extremely irritable and had a bad headache all day and night. Anyone else experiencing symptoms?
  • Options
    Hi gals!
    I had my IUI on march 26th...(11147)no meds for me either...I wish you all good luck, keep us all posted. I don't feel any different but I believe its going to be a while before you do. Just a little light cramps here and there.
    And it's hard not to get stressed but try to stay positive...fingers crossed for you all...
  • Options
    Thanks Gingy. The support is definitely appreciated. Baby dust to us all! You girls are in my prayers
  • Options
    The only other symptoms I've had is EXTREME anxiety and moodiness along with a milky looking discharge. Hope thats not too much information :)
  • Options
    Hello to All! I had my first IUI cycle on 3/20 & 3/21. The 2WW is brutal! I couldn't take it and broke down and took a HPT yesterday that said "not pregnant". So, I'm bummed. I know it was too early to take the HPT, so I'm hoping that the egg just hadn't implanted yet. My in office test is 4/5. Praying for all of you and wishing you happy, healthy, peaceful pregnancies and babies.
  • Options
    Hello to All! I had my first IUI cycle on 3/20 & 3/21. The 2WW is brutal! I couldn't take it and broke down and took a HPT yesterday that said "not pregnant". So, I'm bummed. I know it was too early to take the HPT, so I'm hoping that the egg just hadn't implanted yet. My in office test is 4/5. Praying for all of you and wishing you happy, healthy, peaceful pregnancies and babies.
  • Options
    Hello to All! I had my first IUI cycle on 3/20 & 3/21. The 2WW is brutal! I couldn't take it and broke down and took a HPT yesterday that said Not Pregnant. So, I'm bummed. I know it was too early to take the HPT, so I am hoping that the egg just hadn't implanted yet. My in office test is 4/5. Praying for all of you and wishing you happy, healthy, peaceful pregnancies and babies.
  • Options
    I went in for a progesterone level check and they said its low so I have to start taking suppositories tonight. I feel like they should have done this before I had my IUI. I'm feeling so discouraged, it probably didn't work because of this. My heart is heavy right now....
  • Options
    Well, we've made it past the halfway point of the 2WW. Last night I was feeling really hot and my face looked flushed. I took my temp and I have a low grade fever. Don't know if thats a sign or not. I'm feeling so anxious! Why is the time going so slow?
  • Options
    Gingy, I see that you posted something this morning but I can't see what it was. Are you having any symptoms?
  • Options
    Nevermind, didn't know how to flip to the next page.
  • Options
    I'm now having cramps and spotting. It really feels like AF is about to come. I don't see how it's possible since clomid and the trigger shot control the length of the cycle. It's only CD26 and I'm not supposed to test until Thursday. I'm starting to feel discouraged also. :(
  • Options
    Gingy- Spotting and cramps could be a very positive thing actually I've read that a lot of women experience AF like symptoms and then get that BFP, so stay strong. Until AF comes nothing is written in stone. Baby Dust to you!!!!
  • Options
    Gingy...

You had your IUI a day before me! I have had mild cramping too off and on. No spotting for me but they say that can be implantation spotting. Stay strong and positive. Like Sunshyne said it's not over till AF comes a knockin'!! And she just might skip the both of us this month!!!

:)
  • Options
    Bad news- AF came full force today so I'm officially out of this 2ww. What an emotional roller coaster. You get so hopeful at first only to be let down by AF.
    Thanks for the support during the 2ww. Keep me posted sunshyne and lawgal! Hope you get your BFP's!
  • Options
    Gingy-I'm so very sorry to hear of AF coming. I hope that you are still going to pursue your dream and not give up. Thanks for the words of encouragement. I will keep you posted.
  • Options
    Is the supositories supossed to make you go? I am so new to this whole process! I purchased my donor's "donation" and am just waiting to ovulate to go in for artificial ensemination. I am so excited to get the process started, just dont want to get my hopes too high.

I am praying for you all! Good luck!
  • Options
    One more question what is AF and BFP?
  • Options
    aunt flow mean menstration (AF) big fat positive mean pregnant (BFP)