Options

The 2 week waiting period

Hey ladies,

Anyone did their iui/ivf and is now waiting the 2 weeks to know if there's a bun in the oven??
We are... Sept 28 is the reveal date. I don't know what am going to do with myself. I'm nervous, hopeful, excited yet scared. I don't want to be sad.
How are you ladies handling this emotional rollercoaster?

Sharing all the baby dust with you all.

Comments

• Options
    I started my 2WW on 9/4. It has been the longest two weeks of my life. I am trying to stay really positive since I have been testing and I know it was too early. Will be testing again Wednesday or Thursday. Good luck wit everything :)

Melissa
  • Options
    Melissa,
    I know what you mean, You are so eager to know and you test to soon. Let me know how it goes, Best of luck with everything!! :)

this coming sat she is getting her blood work, to see the levels of progesterone.
  • Options
    I got a BFN yesterday and started my period today. I will be starting the process again with my next IUI in about 13 days from now. Good luck to you!

Melissa
  • Options
    I was thinking of you. I'm sorry to hear. :( It's hard but you'll get there. the first time we were doing everything and we got a negative, the second time we were more relaxed and just took the prenatal vitamins with the extra folic acid as requested by the doc and they also had put her on Femara in from the 3rd day of her period to the 5th day. She got a positive on the second try. Most important, RELAX. Because you don't know what to expect you tense up and subconsciously stress. You know the routine so you can be more relax. Good luck :)

1 week down, 1 more week to go.. well think she can test on Wed?
    BABY DUST FOR ALL OF US!
  • Options
    I am hopeful that the 2nd time will be different. I have a lot more going on with this upcoming month so I can keep my mind pretty busy. Good luck to you and I will keep you posted on my journey :)

Melissa
  • Options
    Well I think we can test on Wed that's 4 days before your period. We went to doc on Sat. Progesterone level was 30, they said anything above 15 is good. I dont want to be to excited and get crushed.

October is going to be a great month for you.
    Good luck and keep me posted.
  • Options
    Today is day 5 and I had my ultrasound and everything looks good. Started meds and am looking forward to this cycle. October should be a good month for mine and my sons bdays so we can keep busy. Good luck with testing :) Let me know how it goes!
  • Options
    That's good to hear, you have a son? when is his bday? mine is the 18th! i know October is crazy, i have my bff coming from France, a wedding, 4 birthdays, family also coming from France.
    It's a great month for the both of us! baby dust!!!

Well My partner didn't want to test early and be negative, so we are testing tomorrow and she is suppose to have her period of Sat. so i think we would have an acurate results. I'm scared and excited!

:)
  • Options
    That's good to hear, you have a son? when is his bday? mine is the 18th! i know October is crazy, i have my bff coming from France, a wedding, 4 birthdays, family also coming from France.
    It's a great month for the both of us! baby dust!!!

Well My partner didn't want to test early and be negative, so we are testing tomorrow and she is suppose to have her period of Sat. so i think we would have an acurate results. I'm scared and excited!

:)
  • Options
    My birthday is the 6th and my sons is the 15th. Did you test today? I am hoping for a positive for you :)

Melissa
  • Options
    Hey,

Ha Libras that's awesome. My sister inlaw is also born on the 15th.

Well it's negative :( she got her period. We went to the doc today and there's nothing wrong. The only thing they said it was low sperm count. it was only 1.2million but we were hopeful. So we will see next month. Hopefully we can do it. I calculated 14 days and it lands on Oct 10th so 11 and 12 do IUI but on the 12 at 11am we have a wedding (OUCH!) Last year, she ovulated on the 10th, and we did the iui on the 11 and 12 and that was the time she got pregnant. So i have faith this time will be the one. our little angel is coming 1 year exactly.
  • Options
    I am so sorry to hear about the negative. 1.2 million is low are you using ICI or IUI vials? I am pretty you can fill out the form and get your money back as they guarantee a higher volume? My 2nd IUI should be on October 2nd so you are right behind me. Did your Dr recommend back to back IUIs or did you want it that way?

Melissa
  • Options
    Unfortunately this cycle is a no go for me. I had my 12 day ultrasound and my follicles were to small so they told me to come back on day 15 and they hadn't grown. We did blood work and I ovulated early this month before my day 12 ultrasound. So now I have to wait till November for my 2nd IUI. I am completely bummed and disappointed.
  • Options
    Hey,

I'm so sorry to hear about that. At least they told you to wait, instead of doing a long shot.
    You know, I was doing this diet, the HCG diet to lose a couple of pounds. One of the side effects is that it stimulates your ovaries to produce eggs. So you end up with twins. It's kind of like the ovidrel shot but in liquid. My partner is doing the diet but not so strict to stimulates her eggs. She is doing it for 1 week, though.We don't want to end up with triplets either! lol Well we went to the doc, for her 3rd day, her folicles are big and good. OCt. 10th is when she should have her surge. Crossing FINGERS!
    We also googled food that stimulates ovaries.

About the Low sperm. we buy ICI (unwashed) One of the nurses said something that we could talk to CCB. Seriously NOW! after 3 failed IUI due to low count. 1 was high and we got pregnant. But we spoke to CCB they are very nice, so we sent it everything. to get a refund. well we want the refund to be in vials, but our donor is no longer available. there 1 vial left and we only have 8 more vials! so we really need to have a positive if not we have to change donors. Because we want all of our kids to have the same donor. We really don't want to change donor, we like him. He is the perfect mix between Maria and I. Physically and Personally. We spent 3 months looking at everything, medical backgound the whole 9 yards. Having to start all over is not ideal for us.

Last night I had a dream that we had done a pregnancy test (stick one) in the middle of a fair and we waited and it was a positive. WE were so happy. It was a beautiful feeling. I hope it's a sign.

Well That's my news. Let me know how it goes.
    Sorry I wrote to much. I'm thinking of you and I know you will have a beautiful :) and a fat "Pregnant" by Thanksgiving.
    KIT
  • Options
    Best of luck to everyone.. my partner and I are 2WW and its going by so slow but I'm trying to keep busy but I can't help when its time for bed I just think abt it. Lucky its my wife thts hopefully pregnant because she's very calm & patient. This is our 2nd IUI first was a miscarriage. This time around we are a lil more laid back. Hoping for the best.
  • Options
    Hi FranMoe,

Im sorry about your first IUI. IT's very tough when that happens, but it's your little angel now. Best of Luck! sending you all the baby dust in the world.
    these 2 weeks are always the slowest ones! Keep yourselves busy and healthy. That's very important to eat well, not wait until you are starving and drink a lot of fluids and NO STRESS! :)

KIT
  • Options
    FranMoe -best of Luck to you guys! We are in our 2ww also. I Had my IUI Monday with 34million sperm count... so fingers crossed! *baby dust to you!!

Siciliaflorez- I'm with ya hopefully the dream is a positive sign :). Sending *baby dust your way!

Melissa- I'm sorry about this month :( I know it's difficult but try and stay positive. Here's hoping November will be your month. Sending *baby dust your way!
  • Options
    Keonnie!
    Geech! that's alot of swimmers. We have never had a high #.

WE are not doing it this month, either. My partner wants to get checked her kidney stone is completely gone. She has been getting these on and off pains.

We might do it next month.

Baby dust to all.
  • Options
    I'm still here just trying to get to the point of starting my period again. This past time and not being able to have my 2nd IUI really got me down, but I'm ok now. I hope everyone is doing well and baby dust to you all :)

Melissa
  • Options
    We are actually going to do it in Decemeber. We have a claim and we are going to change donors, so we have to start from zero and find a donor :( OH well. I'm glad you are doing well and let me know how it goes. ALL baby dust for you.
  • Options
    im in the 2 week waiting period as well and i cant stop thinking about all the small "twinges" i feel in my uterus.
    am i making it up or did any of you feel the same kind of thing?
    the doctor had to open my cerix with a sound to get the iui catheter to pass so i could be having twinges from that but i dont really know.
    its Friday and the iui was monday...
    anyone have the same experience?
  • Options
    im close to the time of starting my period - im fairly convinced i will bleed this month - but the fact that early pregnancy symptoms and PMS symptoms (boobs hurting/bloating/fatigue/hunger) are the same is really messing with my head.
    i want to be optomistic but i dont want to be unrealistic.
    this was our first IUI and i have nothing to compare it to -
    how many times have most of you tired? and how often to miscarrages really happen - these threads have me freaked out (i know they area normal but they seem more common with iui)

any words of wisdom would be helpful.
    thanks
  • Options
    crawtini-fingers crossed for you

My wife is on try #4. We had a high count and a high percentage so were hoping. we will know by next weekend because thats when she will get her period. We need some good news on this board!
  • Options
    Siciliaflorez19- I had my 2nd IUI the end of October and got my negative. I have switched donors for this month and am on cd6 and should be having my IUI in the next week. Fingers crossed! How are you doing?

Melissa
  • Options
    Melissa39- How many trys did you do until you decided to switch donors?
  • Options
    I did two cycles and decided to switch as I felt I found a newer donor that resembled my son more. I also figured something wasn't working and that is all I am capable of changing.

Melissa
  • Options
    Melissa,

Were you using 13507? im on my second iui with him. I think its a bfn, i feel like im getting my period. Any advice? Maybe i should change too
  • Options
    I used him for my first two cycles. I just felt like that was the only thing I could change and found a new donor that I was really excited about. Good luck to you!

Melissa
  • Options
    Hey Melissa39

we got our claim back, they refund us the money of the vials, we are looking for a new donor. I hope all is well with you. We are going to do it in January. Let me know how are things with you.

and good luck to all you ladies! baby dust
  • Options
    I just completed my 2WW for my 3rd IUI and got a BFN. So now I am on to start the process for my 4th IUI. I am still trying to stay hopeful.

Melissa