Options

First IUI today 3/25!!

Definitely was a scary process. Just the fact that I'm finally taking the leap after thinking about it for SOOO long. Anyone else in this 2 week wait with me?! Would love to hear from anyone! Thanks guys!! Karin

Comments

• Options
    Good luck Karin!! My two week wait is over this Friday. Longest two weeks ever lol.
  • Options
    Thanks so much!!!!! Wishing you lots of baby dust. I go back April 9th for a blood test. I had 1 good follicle and 2 that were a little on the small side. At first I was worried about multiples, and then I started reading the statistics for my age, and now worrying about this not working.

But will think positive! Went back today for 2nd IUI insemination (my REI does two days back to back) .... now the wait begins!

Thanks for your support, and I'll be thinking of you on Friday. Let us know!!
  • Options
    Thanks so much!!!!! Wishing you lots of baby dust. I go back April 9th for a blood test. I had 1 good follicle and 2 that were a little on the small side. At first I was worried about multiples, and then I started reading the statistics for my age, and now worrying about this not working.

But will think positive! Went back today for 2nd IUI insemination (my REI does two days back to back) .... now the wait begins!

Thanks for your support, and I'll be thinking of you on Friday. Let us know!!
  • Options
    I'm in the wait also. Tww ends Friday. Sticky baby dust for us all.
  • Options
    Thanks and good luck to both of you! At first I thought this 2 week wait wouldn't be that bad because I am so busy at work, but I take it back. It is long!! I feel slight nausea and a tiny bit of cramping, and there are all these things online about early pregnancy sx .... anyhow, I'm pretty sure it's in my head.

So, will just have to wait and see!! Good luck to both of you and keep me posted!

Karin
  • Options
    Hi Karin! I'm on the two longest two weeks of my life too and it's just the day 5 post IUI. I also thought that these days wouldn't be that bad because during the working days I usually get super busy, but it's tricky cause the pregnancy thing is in my mind all the time. Lots of baby dust for you and a_walton and kriology!!!
  • Options
    Good luck to everyone! Maybe 4 pregnancies? :-) Yes it does feel long and I'm only 1 day post IUI, feels like an eternity! Hopefully it will speed up!! I feel pretty normal (no crazy symptoms or anything), but I guess thats normal, it's early! Good luck everybody. Baby dust :-)
  • Options
    Good luck Karin, I am also in the middle of my 2ww wait for my 4th IUI. We will see next Tuesday.. ugh
  • Options
    Let us know how you guys are doing? It is a long wait, but just think what the news is like when you find. Out. Good luck to you all.
  • Options
    Long 2 week wait continues .... anyone have any news?! I never realized how long 2 weeks could feel! :-)

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • Options
    :-)
    Waiting on results of my 3rd IUI and so praying.....so hard to wait but do love the hopes that are present in that wait !
  • Options
    Good luck Ebbie!! Sending lots of positive thoughts your way. I find out on Tuesday :-)

few more days ....

I feel pretty normal ... had questionable implantation spotting, but it was really hard to tell. otherwise, no real nausea, etc.

Keep me posted!

Did you do medicated or unmedicated?
  • Options
    4th IUI no bueno. But on the brighter side, the donor I really really liked has more vials available. Someone must have not needed them. So here goes the 5th try, and the 4th being medicated.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear nisedm! Glad you are going right back into the next cycle!! Lots of luck!

My first pregnancy test today was negative, but it was a HPT and I tested 4 days before my period, so maybe a little too early?

Still, I am starting to feel like my period is coming on. We shall see!! Still holding out a little hope :-)
  • Options
    Karin So you know, I tested way to soon with my son. I did not get a positive result until the day before Aunt Flo was due and it was wicked faint. When I went in for the blood test the HCG level was only 60 so I was just pregnant. When I went in the next time, I think it was over 600. So these tests that say they can detect a week early baloney. Keep holding out hope, as the symptoms are exactly the same. I felt like mine was coming to, the only thing I noticed that was different was the motion sickness i got when I sat on a rocking chair. I was out furniture shopping and keep getting motion sickness. Good luck.
  • Options
    Mine was a negative :-( Hoping you have good news, Karin!
  • Options
    Sorry Ebbie :(
  • Options
    Thanks Anissa!! I really appreciate it! I am already getting a little disappointed gearing up for a negative ..... after all of the thought that went into doing this first cycle, it's hard to think of a first negative result too.

I know I tested waaaaay too early! I am not going to test again until the day my period is due.

I do feel like my period is coming, but it is really hard to tell ... I haven't paid this much attention in the past lol. Usually I just get really crabby and tired, and then my mom says "are you getting your period." and then it comes the next day haha.

Well, I will have an answer in a few days!

So sorry to hear your news Ebbie!! Keep the faith. I may be right there with you in a few days.

Will keep you all posted, and thanks for all the support! Who knew this was going to be such an emotional journey. I do believe though that things will happen in the way they are supposed to in their own time.

Thanks everybody, Karin
  • Options
    So Anissa just curious what kinds of pms stuff did you feel - cramping, etc.?

I'm sure this is just what you want .... to re-live this through us!

You are so fortunate that you got pregnant the first time!!
  • Options
    Karin I will relive it that is what we are here for. As for what symptoms I had the big one that I never had before was a bit of motion sickness in rocking type chairs. I never had that before. I was furniture shopping and sat in chairs that moved and oh my gosh, I was getting dizzy from them. As for anything else, i really do not remember. Oh my sense of smell was wicked keen. I do not remember anything else since it was over a year ago. Now I have my cycle and it sucks, and it is all over the place. LOL. At least it stayed away for 4 months after I had him. I am still nursing him and what ever anyone says it does come back while nursing. Keep us up to date. I do stalk the boards.
  • Options
    Good luck Karin!!! Let us know how it goes.
  • Options
    Will let you know. I guess I am officially late for my cycle! Blood test this week.
  • Options
    When is the blood test?
  • Options
    Took it today - it was negative :-(

I really, really, really thought I was pregnant going in there, because I figured I was late for my period (only a day late), and I didn't think they would bring me in so soon to test if there wasn't a high chance of it being positive ....

Otherwise, why would you test and not just wait for the period?

Anyhow, I don't know why the protocol is the way it is .... I asked her if there was any chance it could be a false negative, since I still don'thave my period, and she said that my estradiol level was low, almost at the level where you begin your period.

Has this happened to anyone else? Late period with negative test result?

This is SOOOOOO hard. I don't know how you all can do it month after month. Words of support appreciated!

Thanks, guys!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry Karin. It is very difficult and long journey sometimes. When it is the right baby for you, it will happen. This just wasn't the time. As far as your period coming late...I'm not sure if you were taking any progesterone supplements but that can delay your period until you stop taking them.

I wish you the best of luck next time. Hang in there and look towards the end product....a sweet little baby to hold in your arms. Good things come to those who wait. And no one said the waiting is easy. I have learned that the hard way.
  • Options
    Thank you Becky! You are so right, and I appreciate the support....

The waiting was hard, but this is as hard or harder. How many tries did it take you?

I wasn't taking progesterone, so I am still a little mystified as to where my period is (still don't have it) ...

I thought that was such a good sign that I was late, but I guess you aren't pregnant until you have that positive test in hand.

Thanks everybody!!

Karin
  • Options
    Hi karin. I also had a bfn and was very disappointed. I had know idea what I was in for. The ladies on here are very supportive. I have leaned on them on my bfn and they pulled me through it. Here's to next cycle.
  • Options
    Karin, I wish I could tell you I am pregnant. I have been on this journey for just over a year. I have had issue after issue that needed fixed before they would even try and then I've had many issues with cysts. I have done A LOT of waiting. In the past 13 months I have only had 3 IUI's. The first IUI was successful but ended in miscarriage. The 2nd IUI was a negative and I'm currently waiting for results for my 3rd IUI. I still have another 1 1/2 weeks to wait before I know if it worked this time. I typically have to wait a couple cycles between each IUI which kills me. This time I got to start right away so that was a great surprise.

Keep hanging in there and lean on all of us as you need to. We all know how frustrating this whole process can be.
  • Options
    Hoping good thoughts for you Becky!! Pulling for you .... Hopefully this one will be the one!

The process is WAAAAY harder than I could have imagined, and I appreciate all of your support ....

on top of it all, I am still waiting for my stupid period to arrive (and PMS), which seems like some sort of cruel joke. A negative pregnancy test AND no period?! Now, I almost wish (after wishing for days that it would stay away) that it would come so I could start the next cycle .... Here I am just left wondering why my cycle is messed up!

Thanks everybody for everything! I will keep you posted on the next step in the journey ...
  • Options
    Karin keep up the spirits. It does help. I also recommend acupuncture for all of you. I really think that helped me get pregnant. good luck all.