Options

03814 general info/thoughts

Hello

We're using Donor 03814 (chinese/japanese) and I wanted to make a forum string for anyone else who is or has used the same.

I have the long profile and baby picture, if anyone wants to trade for some of the other info (doesn't matter what).

I'll update with any BFPs!

If you have any info or thoughts about 03814, please do post them here! Hearing about pregnancies would be great too!!

Comments

• Options
    Hi, Canucci

Do you mind sending me the long profile and baby picture of 03814? He is my top list candidate.

My email address is dansu73@gmail.com

I will send you the information of another Chinese donor, if you want. What is your email address?

Thanks, and hope to hear your BFP soon!

Dan
  • Options
    my email is fauxsaunier@gmail.com to whoever is interested. I emailed you the pic+info!
  • Options
    Dan, I emailed you again. Let me know if you received it properly~
  • Options
    Hi,

I'm going for my 3rd IUI with this donor in early January. I purchased the full package, but it sounds like you're already holding information along those lines. If you're missing anything, let me know.

I did ask, when I purchased my most recent vials, about births, and was told that there had been "at least six live births reported for this donor."

I can also add that, when I went for my first IUI, the nurse commented that the sperm were higher in number, and more active, from this frozen sample than she's typically seen from fresh samples over the course of several years. I took a peek under the microscope and, while I'm no expert, thought that they looked pretty active and plentiful as well.

I'm in Connecticut, incidentally, and will be a single mom. I'm curious if there are other folks around here using the same donor?
  • Options
    Hi DLM

We just inseminated last week (Dec 24th). The sperm count from our vial of 03814 was 66 million with 65% motile...which is really good! The california cryobank minimum requirement is only 15 million. So yes, this guy seems successful.

When I called the cryobank, they told me there were more than 10 births for this donor. It's funny how they tell different people different things. The first time I asked they told me "5 or more".

I have the long profile and the baby picture. If you have anything else, please do send it along to me! I have some info from other donors, if you're interested (doesn't hurt to collect info ^_^)

my email is fauxsaunier@gmail.com Look forward to hearing from you. I hope to update with a BFP soon soon soooooon!

btw, this is our first IUI with 03814.
  • Options
    Hi Canucci,

I'm sending you an offsite e-mail momentarily from my hotmail account. E-mail from this account is usually directed to the junk mail folder, I've found, so here's a quick heads up.

DLM
  • Options
    Hi Canucci, best luck to you. My inseminations for this cycle were canceled because of the holidays (my physician's office will be closed), otherwise I will be at the same stage as you with the same donor.

DLM, do you mind sending me other informations of this donor (I have the free informations and Canucci already sent me the long profile and baby picture of this donor)? Thanks.

dansu73@gmail.com
  • Options
    Hi Dan,
    Sorry to hear that your appointments were canceled! That almost happened to us, but we got in on the 24th just in the nick of time.

I've been meaning to forward you the information that DLM sent me...I'll do that now!

I hope everything goes terrifically in your next cycle!
  • Options
    Wow, there is quite a group of people all using 03814 right now! He already has 10 reported pregnancies...more to come (lets hope!)

Happy New Years everyone~
  • Options
    As of Jan 1 2010 this donor is sold out.

Good luck to everyone with remaining vials!
  • Options
    Hi Dan,

Did you receive everything that you wanted from Canucci, or would you like me to send you anything else? Sorry--I wasn't checking in for the last few days.

Good luck, everyone!

I go for my next insemination this week.

DLM
  • Options
    Hi DLM,

Canucci sent me the files of 03814.

Good luck to you!

Dan
  • Options
    Hi Folks,

I went for my 3rd AI today with donor 03814. The nurse gave me the following numbers:
    60 million for # (The label said 55, but she did a separate count.)
    Of the three acceptable grades, his was 4.
    The motility was advertised on the label as 69%, but her separate count showed it was actually 75%, which she said is very high.

Regarding the first number, I think it's the number of sperm, but I'm not sure. I was on valium when she was explaining it, so my recollection isn't the greatest, and her notes were more focused on numbers vs. what they represent.

At any rate, she was clear that everything in the sample was well above average.

I'm now starting my two-week wait.

How are you and your partners doing? Any results yet of your last attempts?

Be well,
    DLM
  • Options
    60 million must be the sperm count. I'm really surprised by the 75% motility, because our sample was only 35% motility! What a difference...

As I said before we had a 66 million sperm count, so that's pretty similar.

I don't know much about the 'three acceptable grades', can you explain that to me?

We're still waiting for our BFP (couldn't test because of some scheduling drama). But she's 2 days past when her cycle should have began, and her cycles are very regular, so it's looking good.

I'll be sure to keep you guys posted. Now that this donor is sold out, we are exceptionally anxious...

--Canucci
  • Options
    Hi Canucci, and anyone else who's interested,

Here's what I found on wwww.sharedjourney.com about sperm:

Sperm
    Often compared to tadpoles because of their shape, a sperm cell is not visible to the naked eye and needs to be examined under a microscope. During a semen analysis, sperm are assessed on their volume, motility, morphology, and the presence of clumping.

Sperm Count: How many sperm are present in your semen sample is important as too few can significantly decrease your chances of conceiving. A man is considered to have a low sperm count if his sample is found to have less than 20 million sperm per ml. A diagnosis of a very low sperm count is given when sperm volume falls below 10 million per ml. Men that are found to have no sperm in their semen are said to be azoospermic.

Sperm Motility: This part of the test assesses how well your sperm can swim. Obviously, the stronger the swimmers, the better as it is quite a journey for the sperm to make it from the uterus to the fallopian tubes. Sperms are evaluated according to a four-level grade system:
    Grade 4 sperm are known to have progressive motility meaning they are the strongest and swim fast in a straight line.
    Grade 3 sperm (non-linear motility) also move forward but tend to travel in a curved or crooked motion.
    Grade 2 sperm are labeled as non-progressive motility because they do not move forward despite the fact that they move their tails.
    Grade 1 sperm are immotile meaning that they fail to move at all.
    Ideal sperm quality dictates that a man should have grade 3 or 4 sperm in order to fertilize an egg.

Here's what California Cryobank posts about their sperm:

Specimen Quality Standards
    California Cryobank is committed to providing donor semen specimens of the highest quality. The Cryobank evaluates each specimen prior to release to ensure that it meets our high quality standards. A post thaw analysis of sperm count, motility, and grade value is included with every donor specimen shipment. IUI specimens are processed and ready for intrauterine insemination.

Premium vials Motile Sperm/Vial (after thawing)*
    Intracervical Insemination (ICI)
    Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
    A minimum of 15 million
    A minimum of 10 million

A.R.T. Vials Motile Sperm/Vial (after thawing)*
    Intracervical Insemination (ICI)
    Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
    8 - 14 million
    5 - 9 million

*Variation in sperm counting can range 15 - 30% based on different laboratories, individual medical personnel and counting methods. It is possible that the values obtained by your lab will be less than our guaranteed minimum. This does not necessarily indicate that the specimen is substandard. The Cryobank makes allowances for analytical variations when determining if the specimen is eligible for credit.

It seems like 03814 ranks at the very top in each of these categories, which is awesome.

Keep swimming straight, little guys!

Looking forward to hearing your results,
    DLM
  • Options
    jms2012jms2012 Posts: 11
    edited February 14, 2018 3:54AM
    We're also using this donor (although we're on a break due to a recent move and life stuff). It's very important to us that we conceive our future children (hopefully two) with this donor as he is a match to my partner's ethnicity--which is a rare mix. We have some vials in storage but would be interested in purchasing more if anyone has extra that are no longer wanted/needed. Please consider contacting us first before selling them back to CCB. I can be reached at seeking3814@gmail.com Thanks!
  • Options
    Hi Jamu,

I purchased one extra. If I'm pregnant now, I''ll consider your offer, but I would hang onto them until I deliver as recommended, so it would potentially be a wait of several months.

Be well,
    DLM
  • Options
    We're also interested in buying any unused vials from this donor. If anyone else finds that they would like to sell them, please email me at fauxsaunier@gmail.com

Thanks~
  • Options
    Hi Folks,

My 3rd IUI didn't take, so I will be using my last vial of 03814's sperm for my final attempt. Thereafter, I'm also out of money and will spend the next four years paying off the loan I took out for these attempts.

We're going all out this time: injectable fertility drug daily, ovulation stimulator, vaginal ultrasounds, and frequent bloodwork, so please keep me in your prayers.

I hope that you're each well. Let me know where you stand.

God bless,
    DLM
  • Options
    I am so sorry to hear this. Know that you are on our minds! It sounds like you'll be doing everything conceivably possible this upcoming round, so I feel that your chances are good. Even if it doesn't take, at least you'll know you did everything you possibly could to make your dream come true.

We're using another donor tomorrow. We had trouble having to chose between giving our child chinese or japanese heritage...In the end we chose japanese. I wish CCB had more racially mixed individuals, but 03814 was one of a kind!

Because of the drugs my wife was taking last round, her cycle is really thrown off and she's on day 17 without ovulation. We're very hopeful that she'll ovulate tomorrow. If not, we'll have to wait until February and hope things even out again (before the drugs, her cycle was day14 ovulation like clockwork, we tracked it for a year...)

Anyhow, I'll keep you guys posted, even though we're using a different donor. I still feel like we have a connection in all of this...

--canucci
  • Options
    Good luck to you, DLM.

Canucci, did you start another cycle?

I am starting my cycle with donor 03814. It is also my last hope with this donor.

Best,
    Dan
  • Options
    Canucci, Sorry that I did not see your last post before I replied.

How is everything so far now? Your wife had the insemination done?

I felt so sorry for you not having the 03814. I am very thankful to you for introducing this donor to me.

Dan
  • Options
    jms2012jms2012 Posts: 11
    edited February 14, 2018 3:51AM
    Thanks for responding DLM! I hope you have a great pregnancy and if you do decide to sell, please contact me.
  • Options
    Hi Dan

For some completely inexplicable reason, my wife didn't ovulate in her last cycle!

Our fertility doctor gave her some hormones last cycle (even though she has no infertility problems) and SAID they wouldn't really affect anything, but apparently that wasn't true. Now her cycle has begun, over a week too early.

It's kind of frustrating, but as long as she ovulates normally in 2 weeks, I guess it's alright. We'll have to see.

Like I said before, we've been tracking her cycle for a long time and this has never happened, until we went to see the doctor.

I keep telling myself that even if it takes a whole year to conceive, and there's these kinds of problems, I don't care, as long as in the end, we get a baby ^_^

Good luck with this cycle!! I hope at least one of us in this forum gets successful with 03814! Keep me posted, I love hearing from you guys...

~Canucci
  • Options
    So sorry to hear that, Canucci.

It did sound very frustrating. Obviously the hormones did not do any good. Hopefully her cycle will be back to normal soon and can have the insemination done in 2 weeks.

I know that we will all have a happy ending in this journey. Just hoping that it can come a little bit sooner!

Best luck!

Dan
  • Options
    Hi everyone,

I went for my last insemination today with donor 3814. Hopefully it's the last one I need since I'm now out of money and sperm.

I spent 1.5 weeks on Bravelle (gonadotropin injectable horomone) to shoot my estrogen levels through the roof and then took the ovluation stimulator injection.

I'm a little worried. The doctor gave me the ovulation stimulator with only two mature follicles and two more almost mature. He says it's better than giving it another couple days on the fertility meds. because then I'd be looking at possibly producing up to 7 eggs this cycle. I follow his reasoning but am really concerned that my body may only produce two eggs (=40% chance of a pregnancy) after all of this time, effort, and money and with it being my last chance.

He's just looking out for my health, but now I'm definitely going to be holding my breath for the next couple weeks, so please keep me in your prayers as you're in mine.

Cannucci, best wishes to you and your wife this month/cycle. It's not unusual for even women on a strictly predictable cycle to skip a month; we just usually aren't aware of it happening.

Dan, best wishes with your new donor.

Jamu, I used my last vial today, so I'm sorry, but I do wish you the best finding another good donor.

God bless everyone,
    DLM
  • Options
    Good luck, DLM
  • Options
    I'm going to be waiting to hear the news from you guys! I hope to hear only the best from you DLM!

We're going in next weekend (valentine's day) to try again...Well, hopefully! Because her cycle is suddenly so crazy, we're holding our breath about it all~

I hope there are going to be some late October/early November babies on the way soon....!!

Canucci
  • Options
    Hi, Canucci, valentine's day will be a good day (that day is also the first day of the tiger's year according to the chinese lunar calendar).
    I may have my insemination done on that day too. Hopefully it will bring us good luck!

My cycle is out of control now. My ovary did not react well to clomid this time, although I am feeling all other side effects. The doctor will recheck me on day14 to see if I get good follicles.

Try to relax!

Good luck, Canucci.
  • Options
    Dan,
    How did your insemination go? Any good follicles?

We were fortunate to get a LH surge this morning, so now we're on the two week wait...

DLM, have you gotten your result yet? I'm hoping for good news from you!