Options

Anyone using 13907?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Just an update I have done two rounds of IVF and have four embryos frozen, will do one more round then chromosome test. Anyone else out there? Babymama how is the pregnancy going?
  • Options
    I had my baby boy July 16 a day past my due date! He is tiny and perfect - born at 5lbs 15oz and 18.5" and growing nicely. He looked a little like the donor's baby pix at birth but he's starting to look a little more like me now :)
  • Options
    Congrats, Babymama. I did end up pregnant by this donor with a baby girl. Actually I had tested embryos and five out of six were girls. Two of the six tested normal, they were both girls, I got pregnant with one but unfortunately, just like always, I miscarried. Trying again in November with this donor.
  • Options
    Ok, had my embryo retrieval on 11/6 and they retrieved 3 embryos and all fertilized normally. I am now waiting to see if they all make it to five days to transfer on 11/11. Whichever ones make it are going in.
  • Options
    Update, all embryos were still alive at the three day mark. I'm going in tomorrow to put in the embryos which will be 5 day embryos. I'll find out tomorrow how many made it to put in. I'm a little nervous, this is my last IVF. I'll find out if I'm pregnant a little before Thanksgiving. It's funny, this donor's 7 yr old photo looks almost exactly like the little boy I had my first crush on in second grade. ( the crush lasted thru middle school. ) Maybe that's one reason why I felt a connection to choose this donor's sperm. Plus his coloring and description, complete with the slim build and high cheekbones sounds just like my mother's looks. Since I also have dark hair, though lighter than the donor's and green-blue eyes, it might be tough to see which features came from the donor and which from me. I'm so hoping my long three year quest will end. I just want to raise a baby and give him or her a loving, exciting life full of books, athletics, travel and theater/arts with a good dose of silliness and laughter. But most of all help find his/her own small way to contribute to society. Here's hoping! Sending my wish into the universe!
  • Options
    All three were alive and transferred and settled in for the wait.
  • Options
    Pregnant!
  • Options
    I have used 13907 and was successful. Funny though, I have dark brown wavy hair and brown eyes but my baby (boy) has blue eyes and strawberry blonde hair. So not the image I was expecting but I love him.
  • Options
    I have used 13907 and was successful. Funny though, I have dark brown wavy hair and brown eyes but my baby (boy) has blue eyes and strawberry blonde hair. So not the image I was expecting but I love him.
  • Options
    Hello Doubled,

I'm so glad you posted. I would love to share contact info. and that way we can exchange photos of our baby. If you sign up for the Sibling Registry on this website you will see that I posted my email address there. Right now it seems like all boys. I haven't heard of any girls born from this donor yet posting on this board or the Sibling Registry.

It's funny you mention coloring because I have medium brown hair and green eyes and my baby is quite fair compared to the donor. The baby has very fair, peaches and cream skin tone, with light brown hair and gray-blue eyes, for now, but he is only five months old. I'm hoping his eye color stays the same since they are so gorgeous. He was born with very dark hair but it all fell out and now he has light brown baby chick fuzz on top of his head. So adorable!

I also have wavy-curly hair and the baby has super fine, straight hair and a pronounced widow peak hairline. We joke about how he looks so chic and stylish like he just came back from the barber with that super short haircut that men are wearing. He even has little sideburns!
  • Options

The baby is almost two years old now and he still has his grey-blue eyes and his hair is curly/wavy and chestnut brown. Still very fair with the peaches and cream skin tone. So handsome! He's saying a lot of words, very strong, happy personality. Very affectionate and cuddly but super protective not just of me but anyone that associates with us. He's a natural with a soccer ball. Just loving being his mommy.