Options

Anyone using 13907?

I'm thinking of using this donor this month for IVF. He has a lot of nice qualities from the looks of the profile. Wish he was an open donor though. Here's hoping for a lasting pregnancy!

Comments

• Options
    Please update how it goes. He's currently our top choice as well.
  • Options
    I love this donors profile, I've done two unsuccessful IUI rounds with him. My doc said his numbers and motility was good. 11 million then 9 million swimmers for my two rounds. Not sure why it's not working as my numbers have looked nearly perfect and I've had two nice size eggs each round. For round 3, I may switch to an open donor with reported pregnancies. Bit really hate to give up on this one!! Please keep me posted if yours works! Baby dust!!
  • Options
    Good luck, keep us updated!
  • Options
    Good luck Sweettheartt. I have everything crossed for you.
  • Options
    Thanks so much awalton2. Since dr is not sure why I'm losing the babies they think with IVF they can check the quality of the embryos before putting them in. Maybe it will be a better shot. The donors I used are all sold out so trying someone new.
  • Options
    All the very best. 13907 is my top pick as well.
  • Options
    Was anyone concerned about his medical profile (donor's father was born with single kidney)? I've been looking into it and it seems to be fine, but has anyone here gotten any more detail on this issue?
  • Options
    Ok ladies I officially bought my three vials and hopefully will have IVF in less than two weeks. When is everyone's next insemination or IVF?
  • Options
    Did anyone get his donor conversation? If so, how did he come across? We didn't subscribe to that level but have since found the interviews to be very informative on other sites. We've spent so much money on donor information, though, we don't want to upgrade.
  • Options
    I listened to his audio and I just loved him. Seems like a great, genuine, sweet and intelligent guy!! I've used him twice now for IUI, no luck yet. But my dr said his numbers look good and so do mine so I'm hoping third times a charm! I'm sitting out this month bc I got a cyst last cycle so hoping for 3rd IUI around Nov 17. I'm so happy to see this donor with a reported pregnancy!! Was it any of you ladies? I hope he works for all of us!! This is so exciting yet scary! I didn't remember the dad with one kidney. I'm going to ask around about that. If we should worry or not...
    Baby dust!
  • Options
    I'm going in Thursday for ivf with this donor. Wish me luck!!
  • Options
    Good luck Sweetheartt and BellasMom! I'm scheduled for my embryo transfer (using 13907) this coming Monday, Oct 27! I spoke to several genetic counselors and they told me the donor dad's single kidney issue is typically a one-off situation so I'm not worrying about it.
  • Options
    Good luck BabyMama. How many embryos did you get from IVF? Any genetic testing to know how many boy or girl embryos?
  • Options
    Sweettheartt - I just got my embryo results today - I thawed and fertilized 10 eggs, out of which 9 embryos survived, and 7 look viable. So I'm thrilled! No I decided not to do PGD this time around.
  • Options
    Wow, that is great odds BabyMama. I'm recovering nicely from IVF egg extraction today. Slept all afternoon. They pulled 5 eggs which was more than the two they originally stated. I will find out tomorrow how many fertilized. I plan on banking whatever fertilized and go for more next month. I will post tomorrow how many went to embryos.
  • Options
    Ok. Looks like two embryos for now. Waiting to see if they make it long enough to get frozen.
  • Options
    Lots of luck to you Sweettheartt!
  • Options
    Thanks BabyMama. 13907's vials are running out for this round. He's down to 15. I picked up a couple more just in case.
  • Options
    I just checked his profile and he's out of vials! I had a good looking 4BB blast transferred on 10/27, my pregnancy test is scheduled for 11/5. Fingers and toes crossed for a BFP!
  • Options
    Babymama, you are never going to believe this but I just found out one of my two embryos is also a 4BB blast! Same rating. I am so happy! I've heard too many stories of people with ten or more embryos and none are good. I only have two, so I was hoping. Please pray for my other embryo. It was more of a slower grower and I have to wait until tomorrow to hear if it is good enough to freeze.
    I can't wait to hear if you are pregnant. I will be checking so you have to tell us!
    I will write to say how my other embryo did.
  • Options
    My second little embryo took it's time. Dr said in the afternoon he still wasn't sure but by early evening my little embryo rallied and was able to be biopsied and frozen. Dr didn't happen to say the rating. Feeling so fortunate to have two little ones in the bank.
  • Options
    I used donor 13907 for the first time via IUI. I take the home pregnancy test Nov.1st. My husband and I tried to conceive a baby together for a year and a half with no success. Thank God for donors.My husband and I pray we are pregnant finally.
  • Options
    I will pray that everyone gets pregnant too!
  • Options
    13907 I hope for you that you are. Is this your first try with any donor? Did you buy more vials just in case?
  • Options
    I'm crushed!! This donor is out of vials!!! I was going to begin round three with him this week and I should have purchased sooner, I just never thought he'd sell out this quickly. I wonder when he'll be available again?!? Has anyone called to ask CCB??
  • Options
    Bella's Mom- I didn't call to check availability again. I bought a couple of more vials in the last minute selling of this donor. I've gotten caught short with other donors. As a matter of fact I had wanted originally to use my last donor but he had no more vials and missed his September bloodwork appt and still hasn't been back. Now I'm committed to having 13907's babies. Depending when the next release is you may want to wait to do another IUI for the next release. I tried to wait a month for the other donor but he never came back. At the time I was looking for a blonde donor because the men in my family are blonde and I didn't like my other choices. I looked at all the other donors with brown hair and didn't like them either. I had been scouring the website and didn't know what to do. I also was looking at the Fairfax cryobank with no luck. Then I was watching Scandal and I was thinking that Scott Foley was so handsome let me see if there is a look-alike on CCB. Sure enough there was 13907! I had not noticed him because he has dark brown hair. I really liked all his qualities except that he is anonymous and I really wanted an open donor, but after much debate with my a few key people about open vs. anonymous and what does it all really mean for my future child anyway, although my concerns are still there, time was up on the debate because of the biological clock and I decided to go ahead. Plus my RE said, "Where's the sperm???!!!" My longwinded point is that it is all is a crapshoot and fate anyway despite our best efforts.
  • Options
    Bella's Mom- One last thought, and then I have to go to work, I have been pregnant by two different donors, all miscarriages and tried two additional donors besides and now on to this new donor. It all feels like some kind of extremely sophisticated, cutting edge technological, uber-expensive, highly emotional game of musical chairs and whatever donor is the last one in the chair is the one who gives you the baby. The only donor that will matter to any offspring is the one who helped make him.
  • Options
    Glad to report that I tested positive for pregnancy in my first blood test yesterday!! Second blood test scheduled for next week, fingers and toes crossed!
  • Options
    I am extremely excited for you babymama especially because we have the same embryo rating that gives me hope! My second embryo also ended up being a BB rating. Please be sure to tell CCB of your happy news. When people don't there ends up being too many families with the same donor.
  • Options
    I wonder how the other poster who was going under the name "13907", was doing whether or not she got pregnant. She was supposed to find out on Nov. 1 if she was pregnant.