Options

Low post thaw count

2»

Comments

• Options
    Okay... it's pretzel time again Scott!! :-)

Always: Depending on the vials you ordered, CCB guarantees 10 million in IUI vials and 15 million in ICI vials. It also depends on the thawing method done also. I know the first two that I had had low counts and the third one was better. This time my counts rivaled a LIVE donor... it all depends on how the RE does the thaw process.
  • Options
    Mark did well this time: 33.5 million with 61% motility so hoping WE do well also.

Keep your fingers, eyes, toes, arms and whatever else crossed for me!! :-)
  • Options
    Hi Scott: Half way there now... will know next Wednesday :-).
  • Options
    I'm all crossed up! Let me know.

:-)

Scott

Alwaystrust -

Those numbers sound unusually low. Please contact Melonee at mevans@cryobank.com for help. Since the vials are collected and processed on different days you should have nothing to worry about, but Melonee will discuss all your options with you.

Best of luck,

Scott
  • Options
    You can uncross again Scott... He told me "no" again. Don't know if there will be another time... maybe I need to listen.
  • Options
    Decided to stop. His answer to me has been "no" all along but I was trying to make Him say "yes". If it was meant to be, I wouldn't be forcing myself with drugs to do this.

Thanks for all the help, Scott... going to miss you.
  • Options
    ualtigger -

I'm so sorry things didn't work out the way you had hoped. Thank you for always being so open and sharing your experiences with everyone. Whether you realize it or not, you have helped a lot of other women just by being here. This can be a lonley process for many people and being able to read about someone else going through it at the same time can be a huge comfort.

On a personal note, I know it is hard. There should be better answers to questions as important at these. I doubt it helps, but one of the things I try and do when I am faced with a "crossroads" type of situation is to try and focus on the idea that rather than closing a door, I'm actually just opening a new one -- and even if I have no idea where it leads, it is the journey I am meant to take.

I'm sure I speak for everyone reading when I say I wish you the best of luck on your new journey.

Finally, if you ever change your mind and decide to try again later, we will always be here for you.

Warmest regards,

Scott