Options

IUI DONE!!!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    This is my first time doing an IUI, and I've never been pregnant before, so I have nothing to compare my symptoms to. I think my stomach feels tight, like my muscles are tired from crunches or holding in my stomach. My breasts are just a little sore on top, not too much on the nipples though. I have periods of time where I'm convinced I'm pregnant then periods of time where I feel like I'm not..
  • Options
    Hang in there kriology! Did you do medicated or non? The biggest symptom I noticed the first time I was pregnant was peeing A LOT and being crazy hungry...even during the 2ww!
  • Options
    Kriology...I have a daughter who just turned 8 today!! I also had 2 miscarriages. I have to say every time has been different. I have had the same feeling of tightness in my stomach the past several days that you mention and was convinced I was pregnant. I have never felt this feeling before but it is at the exact same spot all the time. I figured what else could it be. I caved and took a test this weekend and it's negative. Now I'm pretty convinced I'm not pregnant. I go for bloodwork on Tuesday which seems like a lifetime away. I guess there is a chance the test was wrong, but it was an early detection test so I'm pretty sure I'm not. Now I know why everyone says not to test beforehand because now I'm pretty depressed. Although at least I have time to prepare myself for Tuesday. I hate to even think about starting over again. I end up with cysts between each cycle and something tends to go wrong and it will be months before I can try again I'm afraid. This has been such a long journey that seems as if it isn't over yet.

So maybe the moral of the story is to listen to everyone who says do your best not to test before your blood test. Keep hanging in there. It's SO hard not to over analyze every little feeling you get. It truly is torture!
  • Options
    In less than 18 hours I should know for sure whether I'm pregnant or not. These 2 weeks couldn't have gone any slower. Now the time is here and I can't wait for the phone call tomorrow but at the same time I'm afraid to answer it. Do I believe the negative test or do I believe the strange feelings I'm having??? It will all be revealed tomorrow. AAAAHHHH!
  • Options
    I took the HCG trigger shot, and then I started the progesterone suppositories. Besides that I haven't taken any other medication. My doctor said he wanted to try a natural cycle at least 3 times before trying with any fertility drugs. My insurance doesn't cover anything, so I am on a very limited budget paying for everything cash. I figure I can afford to try 3 times naturally and then one time with clomid. After that if it doesn't work I'll have to wait probably another year while I save up again. I've been praying and praying that it works for me. When I went in for my insemination the radio was playing in the office, and the song "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" came on, and right at the point when the doctor was inseminating, the lyric came on: "And the dreams that you dare to dream,Really do come true." I believe it was a sign and so that makes me a little hopeful. The day of the insemination I felt normal- I was a little disappointed-I don't know what I expected to feel lol- but I thought I would feel SOMETHING at least. The next day I had a little bit of discharge that reminded me of ovulating and I was afraid that the insemination was off... it only makes me a little reassured that the discharge has continued on and off since then so I don't think it was ovulation. I started the suppositories that night. I've been wearing a panty liner with them and haven't noticed any leakage from them - the only thing is about 10 minutes after I put one in, I get a really bad itching- it only lasts for about 10 minutes and then it feels normal. I don't have any other discomfort at any other time. Anyway, I have then been obsessively looking for any implantation bleeding, and I noticed a little tiny brown spot on my panty liner and some brown stuff in the toilet on day six. I haven't seen anything since then. I have been having a tight feeling in my stomach and cramps. Yesterday and today I've noticed my cramps hurt more when I move, especially when I bend over. I've had a little bit more senstivity to smells - I went to the gas station and the smell about killed me, and I've been very tired. I don't know if a lot of what I'm feeling is due to the progesterone and because psychologically I want to feel pregnancy symptoms. I did notice today that some of my cramps feel like period cramps and I've had an unquenchable thirst (which I always get before I'm going to start my period). I'm trying to think postively and imagine myself pregnany (anyone ever read "the secret"?) - and think that at least I have a better shot this month then I did last month, lol.
  • Options
    Good luck Becky!! Baby dust for you and for us all!! :)
  • Options
    It looks like I'm with you MsMary...negative for me too. And as of Monday at 10am my donor had 9 vials and as of right now he has none. So not only is it a negative I need to start all over searching for a new donor. I call my RE's office as soon as I get my period and most ladies get to start right back at it next week, but if this follows my history so far I will be waiting another month or 2 before my cysts go away that I got from the meds. So I will go from a 2 week wait to a 2 month wait...again. I can't be any more frustrated right now!!!!

I hope the rest of you ladies have better luck on Friday than MsMary and I have had so far!!
  • Options
    oooooooo, becky. I am so sorry.....now, just one more set back. goodness you are a strong gal!! i have 2 vials left of our donor, I cannot believe he is gone!! they go fast!! obviously you wont wait, but after i have had this baby (God willing), the 2 I have will be up for grabs.

MsmaryT- i just read that you got a BFN, I am sorry. keep at it, it will happen!!
  • Options
    I'm sorry becky! hopefully there will be no cysts this time so you don't have that extra long waiting.

My donor also has no vials left, so I have 2 more and then need to re-think all of that.

I hope you are able to take some time for yourself and then welcome the possibility of the next cycle!

I've thoroughly enjoyed going out for wine in the evening and running in the morning the last few days myself ;)
  • Options
    Kriology...hopefully you're one of the few the tests come back negative but still pregnant. It really is torture. I know people say not to test for fear of testing too early but for me...I'd find out at work and I'd rather have an idea before I get that phone call at work. I'm a teacher and can't really deal with that news for the first time there. So I will test again next time I'm sure. But I really hope your test is wrong. So far on this thread we are 0/2. Someone has to get a positive out of this group!!!

MsMary, I am hoping for no cysts but I am even more certain at this point that I have some. I googled (it can be a great and terrible thing all at the same time) ovarian cysts and one of the symptoms is "pressure or fullness in the abdomen"...the very symptom I thought was saying I was pregnant. I cried it all out last night and am ready to move on. So I am pretty much prepared to go back on birth control for the next month. Hopefully it will only be one month. And then prayers that the next cycle will be the one!

Good luck to the rest of you ladies! We need to improve our statistics. We can't keep this at 0 positives. I'll keep you in my prayers for Friday!
  • Options
    Got my results. BFN :( keeping my chin up. Onward to the next round.
  • Options
    So sorry a_walton :(
  • Options
    I'm sorry a_walton :( I just got my blood results too - negative also. bummer - and I thought March would be a lucky month since we had the luck of the Irish with us, lol
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear that news a-walton and kriology. I can't believe out of all of us, no one had a positive. I wish everyone the best of luck next time around!
  • Options
    Good luck to you to Becky.
  • Options
    Any word on BFP? I have been away and haven't been keeping up.
  • Options
    No BFP's. Everyone got a BFN...how crazy is that???
  • Options
    Becky it is crazy but it happens. Your time will come, try and keep positive.