Options

IUI DONE!!!!!

I just had my IUI done today. I feel great. I am hoping and praying that this tww will go by fast.

Comments

• Options
    STAY BUSY!!!!! I stayed busy the whole time, the last 3 days killed me...I didn't buy a home test until it was time to test. If i had one at home, I would have taken it.

Baby dust!!!!
  • Options
    I'm in my 2ww with you a_walton. I had my IUI done on Tuesday. I'm trying to stay as busy as possible. So far so good but it's only been a few days. It seems the 2nd week is harder than the first. I wish you lots of luck!!
  • Options
    Thank you.. I'll try to stay busy. It's going to be hard now since I will be only working 3 day weeks for the rest of the month. Sticky baby dust to us both becky1141. Nd a great big congratulations again melissa. melissa would you mind if I email you sometime if I have questions?
  • Options
    good luck to you!!! I agree that Melissas suggestion to not have the tests in the house!
  • Options
    Becky and A wish you best of luck...
  • Options
    Lots of luck to both of you becky1141 and a_walton2! I just started my 2ww so I'm right there with you. Baby dust!
  • Options
    Good luck A_walton. I hope it flies by. BTW don't take a test early. I took them way to early and they were all negative, so when it turned positive the day before my period was due, I was like S***. Good luck. Stay busy.

Becky good luck to. As well as to BL. It is hard, just stay busy as possible and don't stress out. Keep us all up to date.
  • Options
    Thanks to you all for the encouragement. It is going to help out a lot. : )
  • Options
    Hi a-walton and bl6866. How are you ladies doing on your 2ww so far? I made it through the first week. I had my 1 week bloodwork and my progesterone and estradiol levels are good. Now I just need to wait one more week to see if it worked. I'm trying to stay busy but I'm still on my way to crazy! I hope you ladies are surviving. I'm thinking about you. Here's to 3 BFP's next week!!!!
  • Options
    Thanks Becky. I am doing well and surviving. Staying busy. I have even decided to go back to school and get another degree. What have I gotten myself into??. I am almost at 1 week, come Friday. I have been thinking about you and bl6866 to. Loads of Baby dust to all of us and all 3 BFP next week.
  • Options
    I had my first IUI on 3/15/13 too! It has really been a long 5 days so far. I am uber alert for any symptoms. I've had cramping ever since the day after the IUI, but since that is when I started the progesterone suppositories, it is probably from them. Now every time I go to the bathroom I'm hopeful to see implantation bleeding.. although the pregnancy guide from babymed.com says that implantation probably wont occur until the 24th. Has anyone else noticed anything yet? When do you plan on doing your pregnancy test? I go into the doctor on 3/29 for blood work, but I was thinking of taking a home test on the 27th. Good luck to us all!!
  • Options
    Hi Kriology. Welcome to the insanity of the 2ww with the rest of us! Maybe I should just speak for myself, but I know I'm driving myself crazy. I too would look for implantation bleeding but I believe that is pretty rare to actually have happen and it never had before (I have an 8 year old daughter and have had 2 current miscarriages). I am told the progesterone can mock any of the symptoms so I try to be careful with that, but it's easier said than done. I have not really had too many symptoms from the progesterone my 1st IUI or this time so far. It's nearly impossible to not hang on every little symptom you may have. I had a couple little twinges in my right nipple yesterday and today and then I'm grabbing myself hoping my boobs are sore. That is when my mom has pronounced that, "I'm a mess!"

As far as pregnancy tests....I have dollar store tests. I am afraid to use any early detection tests because I don't want a false positive caused by the HcG shot I had. I know a lot of women seem to get a positive by 11dpo but I'm not sure what kind of tests they were using....probably not cheap dollar store ones. I will definitely be testing before my bloodwork on the 26th.

Good luck and lets hope for lots of positives next week! Thanks for helping me get through this wait without going insane over the next week! It helps to have others to go through it together.
  • Options
    Ah Ladies. I am so glad I found this forum. It is so great to have people going through the same thing. I'm beginning to believe they should call the 2ww the 2wt (two week torture). Every day seems to go so slow. Today I walked into the bathroom at work and there was a really strong chemical smell. My first thought was, is my sense of smell heightened bc I'm pregnant. :) Then I wished someone else was in there at the same time to compare notes. Then I laughed at myself, out loud. I don't have any symptoms yet, but I know it is still early. I have my little packet of baby dust on my nightstand and I shake it and say a little prayer for all of us each night. Thanks for sharing your stories! Baby dust to all four of us!
  • Options
    a_walton, yes you can email me anytime.

m_prestwood@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Thanks melissaprestwood.

Kriology- welcome to the wait. I think I am gonna hold out till the 29th. I am gonna be brave and TRY and holdout.

Becky we are all a mess. I picked up my dog, and I thought I was gonna die. My breast were so sore. I wish the progesterone did not mock any pregnancy symptoms.

I am thinking about everyone. ??Sticky Baby Dust???
  • Options
    Sorry emocons aren't working. ? marks are suppose to be stars.
  • Options
    It is nice to have all of us waiting at the same time!

I am more than done with this wait, whether symptoms or progesterone my body is certainly not its normal self, and I am making myself tired trying to not think about it ;)

I have my blood test Friday morning, 11dpo, so I guess I can make it 2 more days.

Sending positive wishes to everyone!
  • Options
    I took an HCG shot too- I did mine on 3/13. How long does that stay in your system?

I only have a home pregnancy test because my friend (who is now 13 weeks pregnant) had a box that came with two and she didn't need the extra one anymore so she gave it to me. It's one of those EPT tests that can test up to five days before your missed period. After I use this test I don't think I will buy any. I want to know right away, but at the same time I'd rather just hang on to the hope as long as possible.
  • Options
    Yes kriology. I think you should wait.
    MsMaryT good luck on Friday.
    Here's to wishing us all BFP.
  • Options
    Good luck tomorrow MsMaryT. Let this be the first of a lot of BFP's this month! I have 5 LONG days to go...
  • Options
    Hey guys... Good luck. Just so you know, I used no meds and tested way to early and only had a BFP on day 13 of 14 and it was faint. So hold out as long as possible. When I tested early I was depressed but low and behold I was pregnant. So you never know. Also it sucks that Pregnancy and AF mimic the same symptoms.

Keep us posted. I still try to stalk the boards when I have time. My LO keeps me wicked busy.

Good luck to you all.
  • Options
    Thanks for the support, encouragement, and advise Anissa!
  • Options
    I agree on waiting Becky, I tested last month and was super sad when it was negative. Although I did not conceive, so it was valid, I later learned it was way to early for the at home test to show anything anyhow. And would have preferred to have a little hope those last days.

Good luck on the next 4 days! They are tough but you're almost there :)
  • Options
    Negative for me this time ladies. Wishing better luck for you!!!
  • Options
    So sorry to hear that MsMary! I hope the next couple weeks go quickly for you and you're able to try again with better luck! I know the waiting is terrible....one wait to the next!
  • Options
    oh ms maryT- i am sorry!! its a tough thing!! Keep trying!

Becky-how are you feeling??
  • Options
    One week down! (longest week ever..) only one more to go!

MsMaryT - how did your blood test go?
  • Options
    oh! sorry! I didn't see that the post had a page two :(
  • Options
    Welcome to the 2nd week of the 2ww everyone. I hope everyone is doing well and not going too insane. I know I am quite anxious for the next 4 days to fly by. I am VERY busy this weekend which is good.

Tomigrl, I feel ok I guess. I look for all kinds of things that could mean something but have no idea if they really do mean anything. Either those things are always there and I don't really pay attention to them or it's the progesterone causing them.

But...with that being said...I do have some pressure/pulling type feelings in my abdomen. I don't remember feeling this in the past. It's not cramping, it doesn't hurt, just a tightness or pressure that I feel. I'm hoping that means something good!!!
  • Options
    I know what you mean. My body is going through so many changes that I have never felt or had that I'm not sure what to think. This is crazy, right. Who would have thunk progesterone could mimic symptoms of pg so well that it will leave us all confused. Blessings and Sticky baby dust. My fingers are crossed for us all.