Options

Waiting to Ovulate

Hi all

I am waiting to ovulate. I expect it to happen on Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. I will be doing an at home insemination this month. If it doesn't work, then next month I will do an IUI at the doctors office.

I'm nervous. I tried IUI back in 2006 three times but it didn't work. So I am nervous.

My new Fertility doctor had me on antibiotics to clear up an infection. I'm hoping this will help me out.

Anyone else preparing for ICI or IUI? Or just want to wait with me?

:)

Comments

• Options
    Well I am happy to wait with you! But I am one step behind...waiting on my cycles to start so I can get started with my 1st IUI. I am a few days late with my period but hoping its coming any day now.
  • Options
    I'll wait with you as well. I'm a couple steps behind you. I'm waiting until next cycle (about 3 weeks)to get started with my first IUI as well.

Good luck to both of you.
  • Options
    HI Ladies!!!

So glad to have you join me. I am prepared to try next cycle but praying this ICI does the trick.

And wouldn't you know it? I think the antibiotics I was on is givig me a yeast infection. I feel raw down there and I'm not them anymore but I hope its just a mild irritation that will go away. I've never had one before but I have had UTIs so I know its not that.

I'm wondering if its safe to use monistat while TTC? I'll have to do some research.

I'm so nervous about my vial getting here on time. My boobs are already starting to ache so ovulation is just around the corner. If I ovulate early this weekend, I'll be so mad...lol...My body just needs to make it to Monday.

How are you all doing?
  • Options
    Hi!

I am waiting as I write. Just in case, I had my vials arrive today as last month I feel I may have missed it. Don't really know what happened. This is my second time, and as this moment, my body is telling me I'm ovulating, but the test is negative. I am scheduled for first IUI of month tomorrow but that all depends on test...
  • Options
    Emgetc

I really hope you catch the eggie!! What tests are you using?

I am using Answer dip strips. Been using them for a year or two to track my cycles.

Today was the first darkening of the test line. By Monday or Tuesday I'm thinking it'll be going positive. I'm doing my best not to stress or I know I won't ovulate till late.

I really hope you are not ovulating right now and that it happens tomorro. :)

Please KUP!!! So exciting.
  • Options
    Hi!

I have not heard of the Answer dip strips. I am using Clear Blue Easy AND First Response. So far it's been negative, even though my body is hurting as it usually does at this point. So IUI today. I am beginning to think that every other month I have a longer wait to ovulate as in August it was on day 16. September day 12. Hmmmm. Today is day 13.

Meanwhile, I'll share a funny story. I am a Facebook junkie and I've been putting this out there to a certain degree. When I tried last month, I put something along the lines of "need prayers, karma, special dust as today I start writing the next chapter of my life". I figure the people who know will know what to pray for, those who don't but asked got a private email in response, and then there were those who said you got the prayers, but didn't ask. When I was BFN, I put will have to "wait to start that chapter", that way those who want to know, know. Today I put I was "waiting". My aunt in Colombia saw that and called my mom to congratulate her on my pregnancy to which my mom was like "What?!". After explaining to my mom, who is planning to drive me to the clinic when the time is right, we figured out my aunt was translating literally. Spanish word for wait is "esperando", which also means to be pregnant. Ha Ha! I'm taking it as a good omen. : )

Happy weekend to all!
  • Options
    HAHAHAHA....Oh, my goodness. Your mom must have been out of her mind thinking "Hold on, how come I don't know about this"...hahaha

So, you did your IUI today? :) Oh, sending you tons of baby dust!!!

What time of day are you testing? I know noon till 200pm.

Did your doctor check your ovaries at all to see if the eggie released?

I guess we can officially start your 2ww countdown.
  • Options
    emgetc, that's a funny story. Hopefully it is a good omen.

Good luck, Good luck, Good luck 2cmybaby.
  • Options
    Hi!

I guess in all my storytelling, I should have updated. I did not go today as the tests are negative. I think I am becoming obsessed with pee sticks as I did 3 today. I've told myself no more that 2 tomorrow. No starting of the 2ww countdown yet.

At this point, I am not using a high tech Dr to help me. There's only one where I live who does any kind of fertility stuff and he's way expensive. He also puts everyone on drugs/hormones even if you don't have known fertility issues. I had friends go there in a similar situation to mine and he put them through the whole shabng. I'm actually going to another city nearby to a midwivery clinic there to get assistance with the IUIs. I found out that they have done it for others. Kindof different, I know, but I had to look at afforablility and the fact that I've never actually tried before. Put all faith in my body knowing what to do. If not, then perhaps next year when I try again I will get help.

Good luck to all! 2cmybaby, we may be on our countdown together!
  • Options
    Hey there. I read your last post before going to bed, emgetc but was too tired to reply. :)

I'm awake now...lol

I wish we cold post pics on here so I could see your sticks? Did the midwife look at them? I'm know some sticks can be hard to read.

Are you still having signs of ovulation being on its way? I use to do my basal temping in the morning but go away from it. Got too addictive. It seemed I always had a thermometer in my mouth...lol.

I think midwives rock. I hope to work with one when I get pregnant.

So far, nothing too exciting with my wait. Just hoping tomorrow goes positive. But I have a feeling I may not get a full Ovulation until late Tuesday night. We shall see. :)

I'll probably test again later today when I haven't had so much water to be for sure that my tests aren't getting darker.

• Options
    Hi!

I tested this morning and boy, when it's positive it's positive! Didn't even take the 3 mins to react. I used two different brands and did two at the same time. Yeah! Still having pain in my right ovary, so it's working and doing something.

I went this afternoon, will do another tomorrow and the final one Tuesday.

Fingers crossed for you!
  • Options
    Oh, you lucky duck!!! My tests aren't doing squat. I keep getting breast tenderness here and there then a dull ache on my right side.

But nothing to write home about. :(

My vial came in this morning and I have till thursday to use it. Its been in Transit to me since Friday and only lasts 7 days...ugh.

I'm worried about drinking too much water and not seeing the build up of LH. I feel it when it finally happens but I want to inseminate before I ovulate.

:) Well,missy, Looks like you're in the 2WW!!!!!!

Woohoo!!!!! I'm sure by now your right ovary has released the eggie.

This is going to be so exciting!!
  • Options
    UGH. Another day and no ovulation. My tests did get darker but not positive dark. Tested early this morning, when I got home from work and will test again later tonight.

I have EWCM and all the aches and signs its coming but....ugh ugh ugh UGH...ahahah

My tank with all its goods is no good after thursday. So I may have to go ahead and inseminate tomorrow after work.

I finally read my paperwork that came with it and it says the sperm had a CT per MI of 50 with a 52% Motility...soooo don't want it sittin around for much longer.

I'm just so torn. Don't want to do it too soon or too late.

Stressing. :(

How's everyone else doing?
  • Options
    Hi 2cmybaby,

If it got darker maybe tomorrow morning you will surge?

Sounds like you have a good sperm count 50k?... I think thats really good isn't it?

This waiting business is ridiculous. Wait until you surge and you have to start the 2ww.

I am 4dpiui and I'm driving myself bonkers.

Good luck to you... I hope you'll be postig a comment that you surged tomorrow morning:)
  • Options
    Thanks!! Well, this morning I did surge. Only one of my opks showed positive. The other one was pathetic.

Plus I got tons of EWCM, so much till I almost stayed home to inseminate then go to work later. But I thouhgt..nah. I know I have at least 24 more hours till the big O. But because the sperm dudes can only take the cold for so much longer I will inseminate tonight around midnight.

My right ovary is giving me heck and overall I've felt like crap since yesterday morning.

4dpiui?? Oh, man,wish I was that far along...hahah. When do you plan to test? And what test will you use?

• Options
    Great news! Hope it goes well for you with the insemination tonight.

5dpiui now!! I am supposed to start my period on the 28th (but hopefully i don't), I will go in for a blood test on the 30th.. so next week. I'm thinking about doing an at home preg test on wed if my period doesn't come.. i don't know which test ill use.. never bought one. Any suggestions?

Hope all goes well with you and then we'll be on the 2ww together.
  • Options
    Hmmm, are we all officially on 2WW now?

2cmybaby, interesting about your right ovary, I've been having a ton more pain than normal. Started on Friday, which I expected, but my tests were negative for ovulation. Saturday still hurting, which seemed odd, bad enough I went dancing and didn't really dance (big in my world). Yesterday I finally felt a bit better, but today I am having cramping again. Hmmm, I see my new OB tomorrow, just worked out that's where they could fit me in, so at least I'll be able to ask.

Good luck to all!
  • Options
    Oh, ladies I'm out of luck. Did the whole insemination thing last night...lol. It was a mess. I'm quite sure most of them didn't make it in. :(

But I was at a lost no matter what because today was the last day to have the sperm in the container AND..I haven't ovulated.

Nope. This evening my test is super blaring positive but my ovaries have not released the goods.

Soooooo I'm out already. :( Unless some sperm dudes made it and survive till, oh, say....lol....tomorrow evening.

But I'll stick around and hang with you all. Can't wait to hear about your symptoms.
  • Options
    Today is O day for me. And while my frozen donor sperm most likely died off ( its been over 24hours and I didn't get much in)

Sooooooo....a very good friend of mine came to my rescue and donated to a good cause..hahah.

He had trouble with getting it in a cup. But donated a little bit last night and then again tonight. Poor guy is tapped out!! ahahah.

I know it the odds are against me since I have fertility issues, mostly with staying pregnant. I just pray it works this time. And in 9 months I'm telling you about my little boy or girl. :)

How's everyone doing?
  • Options
    Sorry to hear what happened yesterday. But it's a great thing that your friend was willing to help out. I'm sure it will work this time...looking forward to hearing about your little boy or girl in 9 months.

I'm still waiting. I had to wait a month because I was on birth control pills (mostly to alleviate my horrible p.m.s) so the doctor wanted to wait and get it all out of my system. In a way I'm glad I waited...I caught the flu a couple weeks ago and still trying to get over it. So I'm really excited and looking forward to November :)
  • Options
    Hi Aida Welcome!!!

So sorry you had the flu. I've been ducking and covering up from sick ppl at work for the past two weeks. I guess if you are going to get it...well, your' going to get it.:(

I can't wait to hear the details for when you start. Have you picked a donor? Will you be doing ICI at home or IUI in the office. Personally, I think I'll save up money to have it done in an offic..lol. Its just way messy and wasteful if you don't have some one there to help you. Like some same sex partners do the speculum and so forth. They have a clear open view and the little bit of sperm they give you in the vial stays in rather then spilling out. (sorry if tmi)

Well, regardless of how you do it, please KUP. :)
  • Options
    So how is everyone doing?

I'm at 5dpiui. Not much going on. My temps are super flat.

And I feel pretty normal. No early testing for me. I'm waiting for 10dpo because that is the earliest I've ever tested positive. I might do 9dpo if I have any good symptoms going on.

Well, would love to here from everyone. :)
  • Options
    hey ladies, I am also on the waiting bus but it seems like I am a little behind you guys. I start my medication in a couple of weeks. This will be my first time. Good luck to all and healthy baby dust to everyone.
  • Options
    2cmybaby:
    Have you tried using the "istead" cup to hold the sperm in place. It is designed for use in period protection instead of pads or tampons, but basically it is just a soft cup that fits over the cervix and holds liquid there for an extended period of time. I did IUIs so never used it, but a lot of people swear by it for home insemination.
  • Options
    Well, girls, thought I'd check in as I've been off line for a bit. Any results?

2cmybaby, cool that you have a friend willing to help. Will he again?

JP, I haven't looked at the other boards, how are you?

As for me, I got my period yesterday, so I guess thats a BFN. : (
    I now will spend the next few months trying to figure out what happened. I won't be trying again till August.
  • Options
    Hi emgetc,
    I feel you with the big dissapointment with that BFN. My first IUI ended in me starting my period too.... I was so sure I was pregnant too... what a big let down.
    Everything I've been reading though about the process the egg.. the sperm.. fertilization.... ect has to all go through its actualy amzing that we ever get pregant. I know something that doesn't make you feel better.. but I keep telling my self and you have to do the same... when its meant to be for us it will happen. For whatever reason and we may never know this time just wans't our time.
    I started clomid on Monday. First time with clomid for me. Should ovulate late next week then 2nd iui.
    Hope the clomid is the trick for me... and I'm pregant for Thanksgiving!
    I wish everyone the best and emgetc hang in there!
  • Options
    Hi ladies

I did get pregnant. And I am now a proud mama to a beautiful little girl.

The donor sample was small and difficult to use. I ended up having a best friend of mine donate instead. It was hard to do with it being a cup and turkey baster type of insemination but it worked.

I had some close calls along the way and was put on bedrest halfway through my pregnancy.

At home insemination can work and I hope you are all preggy as I type.
  • Options
    Holy crap!!!! Congrats 2cmybaby!!!! How exciting! Would you mind me asking her name?

Alas, I'm just charting still this cycle, so I can figure out ovulation. It is SO confusing. I swear, advanced math is easy compared to the menstrual cycle. LOL Next cycle though, I'll be trying! :)

AH
  • Options
    Congrats 2cmybaby !!! and AH trust me when you start using the kits get the digital ones. Because those ones with the lines will make you CRAZY and you will be obsessed. I was like the other post saying she did 3 in one day so not to miss it. And I still missed it. So I am doing the digital kind this round (my third) and waiting to see a smiley so I can go have my second IUI. Best wishes and Baby dust !!

M
  • Options
    Ms M404,

I am using the digital ones. After reading up on them here, I thought I'd better or I WOULD go crazy...LOL

Since I haven't ever charted any of my cycle before, I haven't the slightest clue when I ovulate, and I've been doing a test everyday. So far, no smiley faces, but I'm a little slow and started charting about halfway through my really irregular, loooong cycle - I know, smart, right? But we'll see...