Options

First IUI Today

2»

Comments

• Options
    Okay, afraid to post this but today I am officially late. AF was supposed to come yesterday. Alexis now I now how you felt about the not testing until later thing. I just don't want to see the - sign. I want to test today though because I would be able to go in and see the doctor today if I do. Boobies are still slightly sore and there are some other things that have not changed but I am afraid that would be TMI. I will keep you ladies posted.
  • Options
    Second day of lateness. I went to the doctor yesterday and if only I had of told a little white lie they would have drawn blood for a beta and that would have been my answer but I of course told them I had not tested ( I was in the building so I just dropped in to see if there was anything I was supposed to do) and they told when I tested to come back if of course it was positive. Why did I have to be so honest? LOL. Anyway I wanted that beta bad that way I could have know what was up! Guess someone likes to make me wait for things. I will keep you posted.
  • Options
    Hi everyone -

I had my first IUI on Thursday (and Friday). Gale - can I ask what you have done to keep you mind focused during the wait?
  • Options
    MM96 the two week wait was agonizing for me. I actually tested on day 11 and got a negative which was obviously too early and a bad idea, I tested day 12 too and got a faint second line and then day 13 and got my strong positive. I was horribly impatient. But i will say I did puzzles (as in jigsaw lol) Sounds silly but it kept my mind busy, I also tried to get out with friends which helped. Good luck!!
  • Options
    MM96,

I also had my first IUI on Friday. I thought I could handle the wait and it's my first day and I'm going crazy! MM - when did they say you could test? I am taking HCG and was told not to test any sooner than 01/25 or else I could get a false positive. AF would be due right around the same time, however, I've also heard if you are stressed it can make your period late! Ugh...''Good luck and will look forward to your posts!

Jana - how many IUI's did you do before your got your positve results? Congrats by the way!!
  • Options
    Well I seem to spend a lot of time on here, lol. that passes the time away yet makes you think about it more. I actually think that the late days could be more agonizing than the TWW. Which seemed impossible until now. When I am home I just watch a lot of tv, read, go shopping, regular stuff. My first IUI I focused all of my attention to thinking I was pregnant and this time I have tried to think of anything but. I tried to make myself believe that I had no expectations but that negative test was a downer, but I am still late and boobies are still sore. The cramping has subsided for the moment. I think I was dehydrated which I read could make you cramp. I wish all of you the best of luck. I hope that I have some good news. I may tell that little white lie after all and get my blood drawn just to find out especially if I don't start tomorrow.

MM and Deb--- just think of anything else besides this. Easy to say hard to do. Best of luck to the both of you and tons of baby dust.
  • Options
    Thank you ladies - I appreciate all of the support and encouragement. I have tried reading the last couple of weeks, but I just can't keep my focus on the books. I even started a new knitting project, but that doesn't seem to be doing me any good either. Maybe it will be easier when I head back to work on Monday and there won't be time to think about it.

JanaB - Congrats!! How many time did you try before you got your positive results?

Debwilk - I go back for blood work on Monday to test hormone levels to see if I can sustain a pregnancy (at least that it what they told me) - after that, I am not sure - I have been trying to not ask to many questions. I thought that maybe if I didn't know what was coming next, I couldn't stress about it. I am sure my nurse will call me on Monday to give me my next set of directions.

Gale - I will keep my fingers (and toes) crossed for you!!

Anyone have any information regarding exercise after an IUI and whether it has any negative effects? (I know very irrational thinking). My RE said to slow down, but not to stop - anyone hear anything different?

Ladies - thank you again for listening to me babble - it is nice to have people to bounce my thoughts off of.
  • Options
    Thank you for the congrats :) I am 11 weeks today. did get pregnant on first try, I am grateful.

How about Suduko? I just think anything that you have to think about doing helps you to not think about the TWW. I feel like since I started this process it's a lot of waiting ;)

As far as exercising my RE had said to slow things down too. I was afraid the first few days so I understand. I was also afraid to pee the whole 1st day! Irrational I know. I walk on the treadmill and do eliptical, same as before but a bit slower. I also am working with a trainer and he is helping me modify my weight workouts. My RE had told me not to do crunches but all REs are different and we all are different so I would double check with yours :)

I hope you all get your BFPs THIS month!
  • Options
    Thanks MM and Congrats Jana!
  • Options
    Well three days later the bitch came to see me. Yes I will call her that because she makes me incredibly upset playing games with me. I am going to sit this next month out but I wish everyone lots of baby dust! I guess I can't be too upset since I had no expectations right?
  • Options
    Thank you very much for all of the wonderful suggestions.

Gale - Sorry to hear that. Keep your chin up - what do they say - the best things in life are worth waiting for?
  • Options
    Gale - I also have my fingers (and toes) crossed for you!!

JanaB I am very happy for you!

Baby Luck to all of us!
  • Options
    Hey Gale, I am soo sorry I hadn't read your last post... Anyway I will keep my fingers crossed for when you try again.

xoxo
  • Options
    Hi Ladies - I went for my follow-up blood test this morning and found out that my progesterone was low. So, they put me on Prometrium. Has anyone else had this?

Any thoughts or experiences would be helpful.
  • Options
    Yes MM96,I took that on my last cycle. It's not a big thing...you just insert it lying down and go own about the day. I didn't have any side effects. I didn't take it the whole time that I was supposed to because I was convinced my period was coming and that I wasn't pregnant that time either. So when I missed my period I was worried that it was just because of the medication, but that was long gone out of my system...tested two days after missed period (BFP. Some people swear by this drug, but I think it was the Follistim Injections that worked for me.
  • Options
    Thank you smaciegracie. I am actually taking it orally - twice a day. It makes me a little tired, but if it helps (and works) I won't be complaining at all.