Options

First IUI Today

So after my Clomid I went for my ultrasound to see if I had any mature eggs and I had two. I took my Ovidrel that night and now am on my way this morning for my first IUI. I think after Thanksgiving I am too tired to be nervous. Wish me baby luck and baby luck to all of you.

Comments

• Options
    Does anyone really post on this thing? I post stuff that no one ever really responds too.
  • Options
    You are right most people are toning down on the boards I think it is because most of the people now have gone through the process of doing their inseminations and now have their children or is pregnant. I was wondering if you don’t mind sharing information how was your IuI I am planning on doing the same soon I just want to know what to expect from the process if you don’t want to put your personal information out there I can give you my E-Mail thanks for the baby luck I wish you the same.
  • Options
    Hey Baby, my IUI was very simple. I ovulate early ( just my intuition) so I asked my doctor to do my ultrasound early to check my follicles. I took Clomid 50 mg for five days and then on day 10 ( its usually day 12) I had the ultrasound and I had two mature follicles so that night I took my injectible Ovidrel. ( My RE said that they would not let you do the IUI if you had more than two mature eggs, I guess the Octomom ruined it for most). Then Friday morning I went in paid my fee, signed my paperwork, sat in the room with my friend and my sperm on the counter staring at me. It was just like a pelvic exam, legs up and speculum in and it was over. It was 0.5 cc of sperm inserted through a tube that was through my cervix. I laid there for about 15 minutes and got up and went home. It was very anticlimatic. I had thought I might feel more than I did. But since then I have had this low cramp in my back and feeling of fullness. I know that its too early or seems to be too early but I think it worked. Are there any other specific questions that you had that I didn't answer?
  • Options
    Thank you, you answered every question that I had best of luck to you.
  • Options
    Gale, I do hope that it worked for you. I will tell you it took 7 IUI's for me to become pregnant. You may be feeling some things, but it is very normal with IUI. You will feel the cramping and other weird little things going on...just don't want you to get your hopes too high and be let down. With every IUI I always felt cramping and the fullness...I think it's just the sperm. Good luck to you, and be sure to post after your two weeks. If you want to see some of the posts from others who ended up pregnant after check out: BFP and you were sure AF was coming? (it's in the share experience forum)

P.S. There are plenty of people still on here. I have found that the more your name is in the forum responding to other people they recognize you and then respond to your posts. Hope this helps! :)
  • Options
    Thanks smaciegracie!
  • Options
    hey gale i hope this helps

Pregnancy symptoms: Top ten signs you might be pregnant
    Reviewed by the BabyCenter Medical Advisory Board
    Last updated: June 2006 o

Highlights
    10. Tender, swollen breasts
    9. Fatigue
    8. Implantation bleeding
    7. Nausea or vomiting
    6. Increased sensitivity to odors
    5. Abdominal bloating
    4. Frequent urination
    3. A missed period
    2. Your basal body temperature stays high
    1. The proof: A positive home pregnancy test

Could you be pregnant? Most likely you won't notice any symptoms until about the time you've missed a period — or a week or two later.

If you're not keeping track of your menstrual cycle or if it varies widely from one month to the next, you may not be sure when to expect your period. But if you start to experience some of the symptoms below — not all women get them all — and you haven't had a period for a while, you may very well be pregnant. Take a home pregnancy test to find out for sure!
    10. Tender, swollen breasts
    One of the early signs of pregnancy is sensitive, sore breasts caused by increasing levels of hormones. The soreness may feel like an exaggerated version of how your breasts feel before your period. Your discomfort should diminish significantly after the first trimester, as your body adjusts to the hormonal changes.
    9. Fatigue
    Feeling tired all of a sudden? No, make that exhausted. No one knows for sure what causes early pregnancy fatigue, but it's possible that rapidly increasing levels of the hormone progesterone are contributing to your sleepiness.

You should start to feel more energetic once you hit your second trimester, although fatigue usually returns late in pregnancy when you're carrying around a lot more weight and some of the common discomforts of pregnancy make it more difficult to get a good night's sleep.
    8. Implantation bleeding
    Some women have a small amount of vaginal bleeding around 11 or 12 days after conception (close to the time you might notice a missed period). The bleeding may be caused by the fertilized egg burrowing into the blood-rich lining of your uterus — a process that starts just six days after fertilization — but no one knows for sure.

The bleeding is very light (appearing as red spotting or pink or reddish-brown staining) and lasts only a day or two. (Let your practitioner know if you notice any bleeding or spotting, particularly if it's accompanied by pain, since this can be a sign of an ectopic pregnancy.)
    7. Nausea or vomiting
    If you're like most women, morning sickness won't hit until about a month after conception. (A lucky few escape it altogether.) But some women do start to feel queasy a bit earlier. And not just in the morning, either — pregnancy-related nausea and vomiting can be a problem morning, noon, or night.

About half of women with nausea feel complete relief by the beginning of the second trimester. For most others it takes another month or so for the queasiness to ease up.
    6. Increased sensitivity to odors
    If you're newly pregnant, it's not uncommon to feel repelled by the smell of a bologna sandwich or cup of coffee and for certain aromas to trigger your gag reflex. Though no one knows for sure, this may be a side effect of rapidly increasing amounts of estrogen in your system. You may also find that certain foods you used to enjoy are suddenly completely repulsive to you.
    5. Abdominal bloating
    Hormonal changes in early pregnancy may leave you feeling bloated, similar to the feeling some women have just before their period arrives. That's why your clothes may feel snugger than usual at the waistline, even early on when your uterus is still quite small.
    4. Frequent urination
    Shortly after you become pregnant, you may find yourself hurrying to the bathroom all the time. Why? Mostly because during pregnancy the amount of blood and other fluids in your body increases, which leads to extra fluid being processed by your kidneys and ending up in your bladder.

This symptom may start as early as six weeks into your first trimester and continue or worsen as your pregnancy progresses and your growing baby exerts more pressure on your bladder.
    3. A missed period
    If you're usually pretty regular and your period doesn't arrive on time, you'll probably take a pregnancy test long before you notice any of the above symptoms. But if you're not regular or you're not keeping track of your cycle, nausea and breast tenderness and extra trips to the bathroom may signal pregnancy before you realize you didn't get your period.
    2. Your basal body temperature stays high
    If you've been charting your basal body temperature and you see that your temperature has stayed elevated for 18 days in a row, you're probably pregnant.

And finally...
    1. The proof: A positive home pregnancy test
    In spite of what you might read on the box, many home pregnancy tests are not sensitive enough to detect most pregnancies until about a week after a missed period. So if you decide to take one earlier than that and get a negative result, try again in a few days.

Once you've gotten a positive result, make an appointment with your practitioner. Now head over to our pregnancy area. Also, don't forget to update your profile and sign up for our "My Baby This Week" newsletter. Congratulations!
  • Options
    So this has been agonizing. The wait. I have five more days to go to see what happens or happened. Anyone else in the TWW out there?
  • Options
    Well I had an unofficial ultrasound today and we saw two possible sacs, its early on 4 weeks but sadily I have been cramping all day so I know aunt flo is coming to town which means I will lose not only one but two precious things. plus my boobs are not sore any more. :( why does it have to happen if its not going to stay?
  • Options
    Never thought I would have such a punch in the stomach. I feel deflated. I can't do this anymore. Good luck to all of you.
  • Options
    So they said they actually saw two sacs? Did you test early or did you wait it out? Did you miss your period? Just wondering what happened...
  • Options
    I started my period, had my days of being upset and had to move on. I keep going back and forth. When I went in for my ultrasound on day three prior to starting my next round of meds. They called me that afternoon and told me to take another pregnancy test because my endometrium was so thick that it suggested pregnancy and since I was trying to get pregnant I could be pregnant but if the test was negative then start my meds. I know someone that had negative pregnancy tests all throughout hers and it concerns me. What if I am pregnant and I started all these meds again that specifically say don't take when pregnant. I have to have faith that everything will work out. So I go for my second IUI this week, possibly on Christmas Eve. What a great gift it would be.
  • Options
    Gale: Have you been charting your BBT? I know that if it stays up high for eighteen days or longer past ovulation that you DEFINITELY are... curse of reading that book I told you about...
  • Options
    ual- I have not been charting. I work some nights and my schedule is messed up. I usually got an irregular reading with that. What I am saying is that my sleep schedule is not regular enough for that to work out.
  • Options
    I am trying to keep my post in the bump section. I go for my second IUI tomorrow.
  • Options
    Also I wanted to see if anyone felt the small tube going through your cervix when you had the IUI? I didn't feel a thing but I have a friend who did a similiar type procedure ( where a small tube was inserted through the cervix) and she said it hurt and was crying and they had to stop. I didn't feel anything did you guys?
  • Options
    I didnt feel anything either I am always wondering if my RE insiminate me.really I 'm not kidding I think they want us to keep coming back its more money for them. i will be doing my second iui in a few days I hope its the last time for me. gook luck to you Gale
  • Options
    Well today was my second IUI. It did feel different this time. Baby I asked a lot of questions this time and I think I got my moneys worth today. LOL. I did feel the catheter going in and I did feel cramping, unlike the last time. So now I am on the TWW wait again. UAL, I asked my regular RE about my "squishy: egg and she said it was not that way, it was just not a regular round shape but oblong and that it was still a good egg. Plus my regular RE was the one that attempted impregnation this time. I am just going to leave it up to the man upstairs. Merry Christmas to all and Happy Holidays. Baby dust all around!
  • Options
    bump. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!
  • Options
    Can I vent here today............ I had my first IUI today after a miscarriage, not sure if the past few days should make me laugh or cry.. My sperm was to arrive at teh Dr. on xmas eve, when I went for the sono and blood that morning they told me they thought over the weekend (glad I ordered the sperm mon night) when I came home and tracked it fed ex had it as to be delivered on the 24 about an hour later the status was busniess close no attempt made today will deliver on Mon 12-28 so I call fed ex who tells me it was never on the truck and I can go pick it up so I drive to pu, wait on line leave my name for a manager to know why it was not delivered and leave to try to have a good holiday I get to the dr. early today with this large container that weighed a ton and afer about half hour of waiting it turns out what I pu was not mine but another patient who happened to also be there today so 10 minutes before my 36 hour mark I have no sperm I call fed ex 800 number who cant help me b/c the local place does not open till 9 so I leave hystercial crying and drive there to get there at just 9 to pu my package and drive back and have the IUI an hour late so of course i feel like it was a waste of time meds and money this cycle. Great would be a positive pregnancy test with a healthy baby in 9 months and a story to share. Can't imagine the heartbreak of a negative after the miscarriage and the stress ofo the past few days..........
  • Options
    DMZ, you can always vent to us. I think that we are here for each other. Now sometimes I think that God makes us go through extra stress to see if we really want something and I am hoping that is what he did to you. I have found that the more stressed I am about something in the end it turned out the way that I wanted it. So here is wishing you a BFP. I had my insemination on Christmas Eve too! So we can keep each other updated on the progress. I think an hour late is okay because the shot ( if you trigger) was designed to work at hour 36. Then the egg will live 12-24 hours after released. I hope that it all works out.
  • Options
    Still nothing new to report except for daily period like cramps. My second IUI was one week ago today. Has anyone else had this issue and then turned out to have the BFP? Just curious.
  • Options
    The days are dragging by, its like watching summer time in the heat.... I am day 11PIUI.
  • Options
    DMZ: We're here to listen... and offer advice when we can... while I haven't been through what you have (my prayers for your angel baby), I know that He tends to test you to see how BAD you really want something... especially IF it's a blessing. With ALL that I've been through... I think He's getting the message about me: I'M NOT GIVING UP UNTIL MY CHILD(REN) ARE AT HOME WITH ME!!! However LONG that may take!!

Gale: How you doing, hon? I'm still waiting to see what happens. Usually, with my progesterone cream, when my cycle is coming, it comes whether I'm using it or not. I will test on Tuesday, which will be 18DPIUI... promise!!!
  • Options
    UAl, you are late aren't you? I am dying to know this answer, LOL. I am still waiting, I am 11DPIUI, boobs are still sore and I am hungry again like a horse. Nothing stops my heifer either so I will know by Thursday ( or should). So if we are we will be along about the same due date. I am SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! post as soon as you find out!!!
  • Options
    Gale and Ualtigger, it's getting closer and closer!
  • Options
    SG, boobs are still sore, technically tomorrow would be my day according the calculations I always do but to my RE thursday is my day. I am trying not to think to much into this one, don't want the disappointment like last time. But the boobs never are this sore this close to aunt flo coming to see me. Keeping my fingers crossed. How are you?
  • Options
    Hello All!
    First of all thank you for sharing your stories. I am learning a lot from you guys. My first IUI will be tomorrrow and I am very excited!
    I feel I am more prepared after reading your posts.

I will keep you posted.

Baby luck to all of you!
  • Options
    I'm doing pretty good Gale...no sickness these past two days. I go see my OB this Thursday, I will be 11 weeks. I can't wait to find out the sex at 20 weeks. I want a girl, but I've been having dreams of me having a boy. I just have to wait. Good luck to you, and let us know.
  • Options
    SG, I am glad that things are going well and I hope you have that little girl you are wishing for, but boys are fun too, they eat bugs for fun, LOL> I will keep you posted. Boobs still sore, no signs of the flo yet.