Options

11255 and 12261

not a single mother...but any luck with these donors?

Comments

• Options
    Hi Tanya, I will have my first insemination with 12261 this weekend. I will let you know when I get the BFP. :-) Thinking positive.
  • Options
    YAY! good luck! I'll have you in my prayers and I'm sure it will be perfect....keep me posted!
    LOTS O *BABY*DUST* YOUR WAY!..
  • Options
    Thanks TanyaB. Your prayers and Baby Dust are sooooooo appreciated and necessary!!! I'm really exicted!! And I will definitely keep you posted.
  • Options
    YAY! thats amazing! Im sure it will all be perfect...I'll keep you in my prayers..and yes please keep me posted I really like that donor but theres nothing on here about him so I'm a bit hesitant....GOOD luck and think positive for sure It'll turn out well I'm sure..
    LOTS O *BABY*DUST* YOUR WAY
  • Options
    sorry didnt know if it went thru so i wrot it twice it wasnt showing up on my screen :)
  • Options
    YES! thanks! and dont forget about me! I'm excited to hear what happens! I'll be having mynes done next month to but in about 2 weeks!
  • Options
    Then I will definitely keep you in my prayers!! And BABY DUST to you too!! We'll be waiting together. I'll be a week or so into my wait when you start your 2 week wait. I'm truly excited for the both of us!!!
  • Options
    I know its so crazy even this waiting to take the CLOMID is killing me!so I can only imgine the 2ww!...what made you choose this donor?
  • Options
    I know!!! The waiting has been so intense and people don't seem to understand!!! I have my ultrasound tomorrow to see how many mature follicles I have and then my trigger shot and the insemination this weekend. The wait has been torture!!!!

I chose this donor for several reasons first, his education. He has two degrees and is working on the third. His degrees shows that he is both right brained and left brained. He's good at math and at art. His grades, SAT and GRE scores are pretty good, better than alot of the African-American donors on the sight. Intelligence was important to me. In addition to being smart, he's athletic. He's played alot of sports!! He's well-rounded!! That was important to me too!

Next, I have a degenerative eye disease that will cause me to have a corneal transplant in about 20 years. I see fine with contacts now, but my eyes according to the doctors will get progressively worse. Funny, they have actually been getting better. LOL! That's the power of prayer. Anyway, considering this, I liked the fact that he does not wear glasses, neither does his mother, father, sister, etc. It may not make that much of a difference, but that was important to me. I wanted to give my child a shot, however small, at having normal vision.

Next, though there was no photo, I called and spoke with representatives and he sounds like a good-looking guy. He's about my complexion, which is the complexion of Will Smith. He has dimples, which would be so cute if my child inherited them.
    He is 5' 11" which gives my child some shot at height if he's a boy. I would have preferred above six feet. But, I'm 5'7 1/2" and all the men in my family are tall. So, I figure, this will give a boy a chance at height. May sound petty, but as a tall girl, I have a preference for tall guys. But, even if my son is on the shorter side, I will still love him.

He's 29. He's thought this through and understands what he is doing. Yet, he still is young and healthy!!!

His medical history seemed to be complete, but nothing that raised too many eyebrows. Finally, it just felt right. I just felt he was the right decision, you know?
  • Options
    you took the words right from my finger tips :) I feel the same way! its good that I'm not the only one ....I thought I was being to Nit picky!
    so when are you going for your IUI!?
  • Options
    No girl! When people told me that I was being too picky, I just shrugged my shoulders. Using donor sperm, I have the advantage of choosing someone based on their characteristics. When you fall in love, get married and have a baby with the guy, most of the time, you don't take all these things into consideration. Sooo, I'm making use of my right to choose. :-)!!!

Found out this morning that I go in tomorrow morning and Saturday morning. I'm giving myself an Ovidrel shot in 30 minutes or so!! I'm nervous and excited!!! It's starting!! I'm gonna have a baby!!!
  • Options
    At the end of that "I'm nervous and excited!!! It's starting!! I'm gonna have a baby!!!" I literally screamed! I got so excited for you!
    :)! OVIDREL? whats that!?are you taking clomid?
  • Options
    I'm going to scream for you when you go in for your IUIs. LOL! Yes, I was on 100 mg Clomid days 3 to 7, then a shot of Gona1 F 150 IU on Day 9. They gave me gonal f to give me a small boost to help grow and mature my follicles. It must have worked because I have one 25.5, one 19.8, and 2 14.5s. The ovidrel shot causes the eggs to release and ovulation within 24 to 36 hours after the shot. It helps the doctors to time your insemination better than with the OPK. It also helps to grow your follicles until the time the eggs are released. From what I understand it helps you to release all mature follicles, not just the dominant one.

What I did here is fairly aggressive, considering that I ovulate on my own. My RE calls it a mini stimulated cycle. But, I chose to do it because of my age. I'm 40. A nurse at my RE got pregnant on this protocol and she is 43 years old. Different doctors do different things. This seems to work for his practice.
  • Options
    Jaydonsmom & Tanya you guys have me excited too ! Jaydonsmom you are so close! Wow ! I have a few weeks to go before I begin the process.

My RE suggested the same procedure, but with back to back insemimations.

Baby Dust ! * * * * * *
  • Options
    Hi Gifts of Joy and Tanya!!

I went in this morning for my first IUI. I have my second one tomorrow morning. So we are both having back to back IUIs Gifts of Joy. It didn't hurt at all and took less than a minute!! The nurse was quick. She was trying to get out of there it being New Year's Eve and all!!

My mom came with me and prayed over my stomach after the nurse left. I rested on the table for like 20 minutes. She and I talked and made plans for the baby. It was really cool. She's going to be there with me tomorrow too, along with my best friend. I told my mom that I'm sure my baby will be one of only a handful of kids to say that they're auntie and grandma were present when the kid was conceived. LOL!

Also Tanya, the sperm count for today's vial was 17 million. That's great!!!

Gifts of Joy, Tanya and I are going to check-in with each other because we are both going to be in the two week wait together. But, you are definitely welcome to check in with us and I'll check in with you when you start your 2 week wait. My prayers are with and Baby Dust!!!!
  • Options
    I woke up this morning anxious to see if you did it! The whole experience sounds too cute!
    AND the fact that your mom was there to keep you company.. I Love it..I'm sure all of our prayers are with you it will be a moment you'll never forget.
    17 million! sounds good! thats good right!? LOL

so your having 2 IUI's? back to back?

we so need to keep in touch! do you have a face book or email?
  • Options
    Hi Tanya,

It is really cute! I'm glad that you like the idea of my mom being there. To some, it may sound weird that I'm taking my mom and best friend. But these are the people who are going to be most prevalent in Jadon's life once he or she is born. It just feels right to have them there.

Thank you so much for your prayers. Prayers are necessary right now and very much so appreciated.

From what I understand, 17 million is a really good number. CCB guarantees at least 10 million, so 12261 came in well over the minimum guarantee!! We only need one. LOL!

I would definitely love to keep in touch! Look me up on facebook, my email is cmgentryb@yahoo.com.
  • Options
    Oh, and yes Tanya, I'm having two IUIs back to back. One this morning and one tomorrow morning. That's the protocol my RE uses. Other doctors only do one IUI. Mine does two.
  • Options
    Goodness I hope my RE will do 2 LOL....
    Dont worry some think its weired that my DP and I wanna have a baby...in any case I feel as if this is a beautiful thing and share it with the world! your mom And bff are amazing and lucky to be there..I am too close to my mother!
  • Options
    Well, people can think what they want right? Who cares!!! Yes, it's great to have those who are close to me there.
  • Options
    Jay happy motherhood year!

I am happy for you and I hope that soon I will join the club. Keep us posted,
    A
  • Options
    Thanks Dr.A. I will definitely keep you posted. Really excited!!
  • Options
    Jaydonsmom,

You and Tanya got me all hooked up into the messages and I am now also so excited for both of you! I am a 40yr old single woman trying to conceive and am waiting to have my 3rd attempt after 2 with Clomid 100mg and back to backs. I am going to try one more without getting more aggresive and then start the aggression! I am praying for the 3rd time as a charm! I'm praying for all of us!

Jen
  • Options
    Ladies,

So I got my clomid, but my RE gave me only 50mg. humm... I see Jennifer has 100mg. I'm so confused !
  • Options
    gifts of joy what donor are you using?
  • Options
    Hi Jennifer, Glad to have you on board!!! :-) I'm in the two-week wait right now!! It's going ok. I had my inseminations Friday and Saturday and Sunday, back to back. I'm 40 too!! So, we're right there with each other!! I'm praying this is your time, as I am praying this is my time!! Keep checking in!!!

Gifts of Joy, I think the number of mg the doctor prescribes depends on the doctor and the patient he or she is prescribing it for. If your doctor says 50 mg is good for you, then trust it!! I was worried that other doctors were doing 50 and I was getting 100. But this is just the protocol my doctor uses for my type of case!! Sooo, don't worry! It depends on your case, I think! Also, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to pick up the phone and call and ask them!! I know I did!!! This will be your time!!!
  • Options
    By the way, I just read my post. I did not have an IUI on Sunday, just Friday and Saturday. Thirteen more days until I can test.
  • Options
    Tanya I didn't use a donor from here. I looked and didn't find one that I connected with. I started here because my friend used a donor from CCB.

Today I have my ultrasound before taking the clomid. I didn't realize I had to go in so soon.

Wow ! Yep and the fees are adding Up... Up... Up.
    Wondering why I didn't know about all these extra fees when I was inquiring. HA HA !
  • Options
    Here's to hoping your ultrasound goes well. Wishing you many follicles, a great lining and no side effects from the Clomid.

And yes, those fees do add up. I'm praying I only have to do this the one time!!!!
  • Options
    Hey Jaydonsmom,

How are you holding up? The 2ww is brutal. I am wishing that I had my RE given me the inj right off the bat but what can you do? They know what to do I guess. I am going to start testing my urine tomorrow and hoping that I get a positive over the weekend! It should be right around Sun or Monday anyway. I'm sending you lot's of baby dust!! Keep me posted. I'm at Jennifer7170@msn.com if you want to email.