Options

Kaiser..

Has any of you ladies used Kaiser for iui? My partner and I have consultation this Tuesday. Hoping it goes well.

Comments

• Options
    Please let me know how it goes, i'm new to Kaiser myself and would love to know.

Thanks Ashley
  • Options
    I'm with Kaiser. Just like anything, it's all about the doctor. I didn't like the first REI doc they sent me to so I asked to change docs in the same office and LOVE my new one! They've (the entire staff, nurses, NPs, labs, etc) been great & so far a positive experience. I go in for my first IUI soon.
  • Options
    ASHLEY IT WENT GREAT! ALL STAFF WAS KIND AND ACKNOWLEDGED MY PARTNER WHICH I LOVED. THE RE IS A FEMALE SO I FELT COMFORTABLE AND SHE WAS KIND. WE HAD CONSULTATION AT ANOTHER FERTILITY CENTER AND THE STAFF WAS NICE, BUT SHE'S THE BEST. THEY HELPED ME A LOT. I STARTED MY CYCLE A DAY BEFORE SO THEY GAVE ME AN ULTRASOUND AND HAD BLOOD WORK DONE. THEY CALLED ME A FEW DAYS LATER TO LET ME KNOW TO CHOOSE A DONOR THAT HAS A NEGATIVE BLOOD TYPE AND IS ALSO CMV NEGATIVE. I AM GLAD THEY HELPED ME WITH THAT. I'LL BE INSEMINATED NEXT MONTH. THEY TOLD ME NO TO PURCHASE MY VIAL UNTIL THEY TELL ME AND TO PICK IT UP TO SAVE MONEY OR HAVE IT DELIVERED TO MY HOUSE. I AM NOT ABLE TO SHIP IT THERE. I AM EXCITED AND WISH YOU THE BEST WHEN YOU START YOUR PROCESS. MY PLAN COVERS 50%, BUT I'M STILL SAVING A LOT OF $. SAC1SBF I WOULD DO THE SAME IF I WASN'T SATISFIED WITH THE FIRST RE. I ACTUALLY WAS A LIL WORRIED ABOUT THAT, BUT FEEL SO MUCH BETTER NOW. I WISH YOU THE BEST ON YOUR IUI. I HOPE WE ALL GET PREGNANT FIRST TRY..:)
  • Options
    Yeah, I've been impressed with their help in advising medical issues to look for in a donor as well. I had some genetic concerns pop up in my blood tests and Kaiser's genetics department staff was unbelievably helpfull in providing me all of the information I needed to make informed decisions moving forward. I'm glad you had a good experience the first go-around with finding a doc you liked. We have to put so much trust in them that they become one of the most important decisions in this whole process I think. Good luck to you too! Lucky baby dust to all for quick, healthy pregnancies & healthy, happy babies ahead :)
  • Options
    Thank you so much for sharing! I'm so glad it went so well and I'm wishing you baby dust and first try blessings! I'm going for a physical in two weeks since I'm new to ksiser and we are saving up for the "baby juice"! Doing everything to get ready and I'm just excited. For the plan coverage is it 50% of the iui and or visit? I'm so happy for you and your partner!
  • Options
    YES I LIKED THAT THEY WERE VERY HELPFUL AND CALLED ME RIGHT AWAY TO LET ME KNOW AS SOON AS THEY GOT THE RESULTS. SAME WISHES TO YOU TOO. :)THANKS SO MUCH SAC1SBF. ASHLEY HOPE IT GOES WELL AND YES I BELIEVE THE SPERM IS MORE THAN THE ACTUAL INSEMINATION AND ULTRASOUNDS. MY PLAN COVERS 50% FOR ANYTHING THAT'S FERTILITY.(BLOOD WORK, ULTRASOUND INSEMINATION SO THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A HIGHER CO -PAY THAN REGULAR DOCTOR VISITS WHICH I USUALLY PAY $25 FOR). CONSULTATION, BLOOD WORK AND ULTRASOUND WAS $146 WHEN WE WENT. THE WHOLE IUI SHOULD BE AROUND $500 AT KAISER. IT LOWERED BECAUSE THE SPERM WILL BE WASHED ALREADY. IT IS VERY EXCITING. OUR DAY WILL BE HERE BEFORE WE KNOW IT. I JUST PRAY IT WORKS FIRST TRY. WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK WITH VISITS AND EVERYTHING ELSE.
  • Options
    Please keep me posted, it's just so exciting! Did you just schedule through your primary doctor or do you request a certain type of appointment?
  • Options
    I ACTUALLY ALREADY HAD CONSULTATION WITH PACIFIC REPRODUCTIVE CENTER AND THEY GIVE ME A LIST OF LAB WORK I NEEDED TO HAVE DONE. I SCHEDULED A PHYSICAL WITH MY PRIMARY DOCTOR AND SHOWED HER THE LIST. SHE ORDERED WHAT SHE WAS ABLE TO AND TOLD ME TO CALL FERTILITY FOR THE OTHER LABS. WHEN I CALLED I WAS TOLD THEY WONT HAVE ANY LABS DONE FOR AN OUTSIDE FACILITY. I ASKED IF MY PLAN COVERED FOR IUI AND THEY SAID YES 50% SO I ASKED IF I CAN SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT. I HAD CONSULTATION THE FOLLOWING TUESDAY. I WASN'T GOING TO GO THROUGH KAISER UNTIL I FOUND THAT OUT SO I BASICALLY MADE MY OWN APPOINTMENT. MY NEXT CYCLE SHOULD BE HERE IN 2 WEEKS. WE'RE EXCITED. THE PROCESS THROUGH KAISER IS GOING QUICK AND SMOOTH. :)
  • Options
    I was impressed with Kaiser overall in my experience. The doctors were very informative and made sure I had all the proper testing done (bloodwork, hsg test) before I proceeded. However the one thing that Kaiser did that I didn't agree with is rewash the sperm in their lab even when I provided them with an IUI ready sample. So the sperm was getting washed a second time and the numbers were being decreased. I'm not sure if this is standard procedure at all Kaiser fertility labs but it bothered me. Consequently, the first three iui's I had performed were unsuccessful. The fourth time I was inseminated, I provided Kaiser with an unwashed ICI specimen and what do you know I got pregnant. It was washed only once at the Kaiser lab and the numbers were significantly better. So my suggestion is if you're using Kaiser, buy the cheaper ICI vials since they're going to wash them anyway.
  • Options
    My partner and I went to Coastal Fertility for 3 cycles with of IUI's with meds and got no positive results. We went to Kaiser and the Doctor right away did a ultrasound that showed Fibroids in her uterus. Her fibroids were removed and her fertility increased by 70%. February 14th my partner had her first IUI with no meds at Kaiser Garden Grove and two weeks later got a positive and today we heard the first heart beats of our baby.. Thank you Kaiser.. All other places just want your money or try to get you to do the more expensive treatments. At Kaiser they are very upfront and honest and the service we got was excellent.
  • Options
    That's awesome news, wendy1185! Congratulations! I did my first IUI at Kaiser on 3/3 & have tested positive too :)
  • Options
    AT THE KAISER IN FONTANA THEY WILL NOT REWASH THE SPERM AGAIN. THEY ARE CHARGING US LESS BECAUSE WE ARE BUYING IUI VIALS THAT ARE WASHED. I DO FEEL OTHER FACILITIES WANT YOUR $ AND KAISER IS VERY HELPFUL. CONGRATS TO ALL OF YOU PREGNANT THROUGH CALIFORNIA CRYOBANK AND KAISER. HOPEFULLY I'M NEXT. I TOOK CLOMID AND SHOT OF MENOPUR SUNDAY. I'LL HAVE AN ULTRASOUND THURSDAY (21ST)AND THEY'LL GIVE ME A DATE FOR MY IUI WHICH WILL MOST LIKELY BE THIS WEEKEND.
  • Options
    Good luck, ORLC23! I used Kaiser Fontana and have been happy with all of the doctors and nurses. I hope you have a good experience too.
  • Options
    OH REALLY. WHAT A SMALL WORLD WE LIVE IN. SHIRLEY FONG IS AMAZING. THANKS :)
  • Options
    IUI WAS THE 23RD AND TESTS ARE NEGATIVE. HOPING IT'S TOO EARLY TO TELL
  • Options
    I actually started the process at Kaiser Fontana. Since then we have moved to San Diego and had to postpone insemination due to both of our new jobs. We are doing our first insemination at San Diego, Kaiser in two weeks and are very excited. They definitely are not money hungry and utilize every resource possible if the insurance covers it. We are lucky enough to have great benefits and the procedure itself is only costing us $5.
  • Options
    WOW! THAT'S GOOD. YOU HAVE A BETTER PLAN THAN I DO. MY PLAN ONLY COVERS 50%, BUT STILL GOOD
  • Options
    As an employee of kaiser i could not be anymore pleased how they have treated my wife and I!! The Garden Grove clinic is amamzing, staff so friendly and Dr.Rosencrantz is the nicest caring Doc yet! We live in north Fontana but something about orange county we just love!
  • Options
    Have you ever tried Fontana Kaiser? I love it there too and it's closer to you. I am pregnant from my first iui
  • Options
    ORLC23, you are pregnant! I'm so excited for you. I got pregnant on my first IUI at Fontana too. With twins!
  • Options
    Really that's amazing! Congrats on your blessings of twins. By any chance did you do the combo cycle? That's what I did and had four large follicles. Hoping for one, but twins is ok. We're very excited. Happy for you!!!=)
  • Options
    ORLC23, when do you go in for your ultrasound? Keep me posted on how you are doing!
  • Options
    Hi NNT. I ACTUALLY STARTED MY PERIOD LAST FRIDAY AND HAD A CHEMICAL PREGNANCY. BY FRIDAY FOR BLOOD WORK IT WAS BACK DOWN TO A 3. I'M HAVUNG MY 2ND IUI THIS THURSDAY. HOW R U?
  • Options
    I'm really sorry to hear that ORLC23. I'm glad that they are able to get you onto another cycle right away. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! I'm doing okay. I have my first OBGYN appointment next week and hoping that everything will still check out then.
  • Options
    IT'S OK. THANK YOU. I'M GLAD TOO. I'M HOPING IT STICKS THIS TIME. GOOD LUCK ON EVERYTHING AND HOPE YOUR APPOINTMENT GOES WELL
  • Options
    No we haven't tried Fontana, I transfered from Fontana to Irvine just cause the environment wasn't the greatest to work in. That facility left a bad taste in my mouth. But... On the flip side from a patient point of view I am super excited your pregnant, on your first iui even!!!! :) This next month will be our 3rd try.. Crossing fingers and all our other bits pieces.. Lol I'll look into Fontana luck could change ya never know.. Congrats again, that made my night!!
  • Options
    No we haven't tried Fontana, I transfered from Fontana to Irvine just cause the environment wasn't the greatest to work in. That facility left a bad taste in my mouth. But... On the flip side from a patient point of view I am super excited your pregnant, on your first iui even!!!! :) This next month will be our 3rd try.. Crossing fingers and all our other bits pieces.. Lol I'll look into Fontana luck could change ya never know.. Congrats again, that made my night!!
  • Options
    We actually haven't tried Fontana , congrats on your first iui success that's amazing!!! We will be doing our 3rd iui the end of may :D Hoping this time is a hit, if not oh well we will keep on trying..
  • Options
    Greetings, ladies I have question about Kaiser? I am in GA, work for Kaiser and I used FSA for my IUI through a Feminist Woman Group, but hearing you sounds like Kaiser would cover some of cost, is that accurate ? BTW we are getting disseminated on Fri 5/3, plz send Baby dust my way....

Baby4us
  • Options
    Had chemical pregnancy and five weeks pregnant from second iui. Any updates wgarcia?? 4usbaby lots of baby dust for you. My plan covered 50% for infertility. Yours may cover more. You should call and look into it. Good luck...