Options

the dreaded 2ww...

Is there anyone else starting the 2ww this weekend??? We went in today. I had five mature follies and the sperm count was 31 million...so here's hoping the numbers work in our favor this time around.

Comments

• Options
    i'm on day 5 of my very first 2ww. so far, so good - i went in for acupuncture the day of my iui, and am feeling stress-free for now. those needles are little miracle workers! we'll actually be out of the country on vacation when we find out whether we're pregnant. i'm not sure, but i think that's a good thing. i'm feeling hopeful, but if it turns out to be a bfn i can comfort myself with long walks on the beach and perhaps a pina colada.

sending strong baby vibes your way,
    e
  • Options
    Good luck to you both. The 2ww feels like much more than only 14days! I tried my best to distract myself and it worked some of the time. My wife and I were also on vacation this past week, efry, and that really helped to distract us from thinking about it all of the time. We spent time in Atlantic City and did a lot of walking and laying out in the sun...I worked the first four days of the 2ww but then have been off the rest of the time. We took a HPT the day before we left for vacation (it was the day of our 1yr wedding anniversary 7/25) and because it had been only 10days po.iui it didn't read positive, but then we retested again 7/28 and it was a positive HPT...and ofcourse we had to retest for the next 3 days until we went in for bloodwork yesterday...it's unreal when you see the second pink line and then get the confirmation call from the Dr.
    Take care and baby dust to you both for a successful 2ww :-)
  • Options
    congrats, kristen! that's fantastic.
    what a wonderful belated anniversary present!

thank you for the encouragement,
    e
  • Options
    Today is day 1 of our first 2ww. I didn't realize how awful it would feel to have to wait. My partner had the IUI done yesterday around 10:30 a.m. The midwife had a hard time getting into her uterus. She almost gave up. Her last attempt she was able to place the little swimmers in her uterus. We prayed so hard when she said she didn't think we would be able to do the IUI.

I felt so bad for my wife. The nurse had to dilate her to get the catheter in. We thought we timed everything well. She had a positive OPK saturday afternoon. She had good CM. When the midwife checked her, her cervix was open.

Now we can't help but question everything. Ugh!
  • Options
    juneleaf27,

i think questioning everything is completely normal, but the absolute best thing i've found so far (it my first 2ww too) is to give yourself a set amount of time to ponder/question/worry, and then get busy doing something you enjoy. it doesn't even have to be something active- anything that focuses your mind somewhere else. go to the movies and for 2 hours it will be very difficult to think about insemination.

it sounds like your timing was just right. hang in there, and lots of baby dust to you!

e
  • Options
    I'm on day 5 of 2ww and keep anilyzing every little twinge, and dont feel preg. and then it goes around in my head of am i or arent i and what step of the process are we in right now. I bought the book A Child Is Born and I read it everynight before bed, lol....here's to the waiting without going crazy girls...baby dust to all!!!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. My wife is analyzing every twinge as well. We are trying to stay busy. I think we need to get some more books to keep us off of fertility friend.

Baby dust to all of you!
  • Options
    I'm on day 9 of 2ww. For me it seems to get worse as the last day of the 2ww approaches....I have a few more days and I am trying not to think about it, but I just think its natural and I'm a woman and women analyze EVERYTHING!!!! :) Good luck to all of you!
  • Options
    I'm on day 8 and have managed to keep pretty calm so far, but now that I know it could be time for implantation I'm checking for spotting way too often. I know not every woman has spotting, in fact I'm not sure how common it is at all, but I'm starting to become a little impatient. My wife is cool as a cucumber about it all, and that helps to an extent, but I'm really starting to feel a bit antsy. Deep breaths.

Baby dust to all...
    e
  • Options
    I just entered the dreaded 2ww yesterday for the 3rd time. I'm already feeling impatient! The last 2ww I was in wasn't too bad until it got towards the end. Not sure why I'm already feeling anxious this time. What can I do to calm down?

Good luck to us all!
  • Options
    gingy,

It's day 4 for us on our first 2ww. I took my wife out for a nice lunch. We bought treats for our boston terrier. My wife got a calming spa like CD so that she can listen to it.

We talked about how agonizing this wait is this morning. We both feel like we live for 6 a.m. That's when we temp. :)

I've tried to keep us busy running errands today. We've lingered in the baby clothes in some stores. We are trying not to have it in the forefront of our minds. For today, we've been pretty successful.
  • Options
    I feel crazy....everytime I go to the bathroom I'm praying for spotting and signs of implantation.....I go in for bloodwork tomorrow to check my levels here's hoping they're what they need to be...waiting on 630 and then waiting for results at 330, when did life become all about the waiting game???
  • Options
    Good luck tomorrow grace...praying we are all pregnant!
  • Options
    Good luck today grace, keep us all updated...Baby dust to everyone in the 2ww

As a side note, I had heard about implantation bleeding and from what I remember, it isn't all too common for woman, when I was in the 2ww I didn't have any symptoms at all, as I got closer to the end of it I started to get mild cramping and some bloating but nothing really too noticeable. I also didn't have any of the other symptoms (breast tenderness, implantation bleeding, etc.) and no morning sickness....until this past week and now it's daytime and evening sickness.
    So don't worry too much about noticing the symptoms because it could still work out even if there are no signs.

Hope this helps...
  • Options
    well...went in for ultrasound and bloodwork and they seemed pleased, out of the 6 follicles that i had only 2 remain...which is a good sign :) what's the likleyhood of one taking or of FOUR taking?? DEEP BREATHS on that one, Kristen thanks that does help that way at least i dont feel like a lost cause and can still be hopeful :) I'm starting to panic a little that I still have to wait so many days and have no symptoms other than the exhaustion which i think is from the prometrium and the cramping which tends to get worse towards the evening as strange as that is...Baby dust ladies!!
  • Options
    I'm 11 days from finding out if I'm pregnant. This was my first IUI, Hcg shot since my first pregnancy. The count was 27 million
    but the doctor never said how many eggs there were.
  • Options
    Just joining this thread today b/c it's the first day of my first 2ww.

We saw 3 juicy follicles on the U/S last Thursday but the uterine lining wasn't quite thick enough so we waited til Saturday night for the ovidrel shot. Felt horribly bloated and uncomfortable from Sunday afternoon through Monday morning before the IUI. I'm hoping that was ovulation and not some weird side effect of the hCG!

I'm interested to hear your thoughts about acupuncture...

Love to hear how it's going for all of you! Good luck all!
  • Options
    my wife just started her period which COMPLETLEY freaked me out because I'm cramping and so off i go to target to buy tests...home to pee on a stick, day 10 and it's apparent the ovadril is out of my system because I got a BIG FAT NEGAATIVE, and then after reading twoweekwait.com i thought that MAYBE today it would be positive...and it wasn't....DAMN IT :( sooo here i sit wondering what's going to happen next, and if indeed it will turn out positive at all
  • Options
    CJ,

I have done acupuncture in the past. It was great. I wish it wasn't so expensive, or else I would keep doing it. It really helped manage my stress. I have read it helps with fertility issues....Just be sure to go to someone who knows what they are doing. After I left each session (I went one time per week @ 50 dollars ea) I felt so relaxed and calm.
  • Options
    New to the thread, this my 7 day after my first iui, now i am getting impatient, lol. While at work im so busy dont even have time to think, but soon as i have a moment my brain is consumed with " am i pregnant"? No symptoms, just wondering is something baking in my oven. Never been pregnant and under 30 so no meds, doctor wanted to try without anything to see what happens.
  • Options
    well, if today is any indicator of what tomorrow holds it will be tears and heartache again....i just don't get it my numbers were kick ass this time around, my tubes are open my est was at 482, prog 99, sperm count 31mill ovulated four follies, have the symptoms(or maybe i'm just going crazy?) I just don't get it...and if it is negative tomorrow we have to wait until october to try again because we just can't swing it financially agian till then :****( we'll see what tomorrow holds i guess...
  • Options
    Good Luck All! Lots of baby dust your way! I had my first IUI in June. Tested on day 10 & 12 and got negatives and on day 14 got a postitive so don't lose faith.... Keeping you all in my prayers! :)
  • Options
    well, my first 2ww is officially over with a bfn and a big, fat painful period. i'm still on vacation though, and by the time we return home it'll be time for iui #2.

lots of baby dust to those who are still waiting!

xo
    e
  • Options
    HI Ladies.
    Well I am on day 10 PIUI. I stayed really calm the first week but as it gets closer I get more anxious. I seriously have butterflies all day just thinking about it. I broke down and took a test today(BFN). I am praying it is just too early to show.
    This is our 5th IUI (1st with new donor). I had 3 follicles (size 30mm, 17mm, & 15mm). We uses the HCG trigger shot and did IUI 25 hours later. We really need this to take as we are seriously running out of money. Crossing my fingers for everyone in the miserable TWW. Baby dust all around!!!!
  • Options
    Hey ladies,
    Im on my 10 day too, and also really anxious, my thoughts are positive and negative. I was positive until yesterday when i start cramping just like i usually do right before my period so it made me a little sad. My wife tell me not to stress and we will just see what will happen friday when i take the test, but how do u not?
  • Options
    Can I ask how you count the # of days past the IUI?

This is our first cycle and we had the IUI last Monday (8/9). Do I count the IUI day as day #1? If so, I'm on day 9 PIUI.

If you count the day after the IUI as day #1, then I'm on day 8 PIUI.

I realize that this doesn't matter really, but I am having trouble thinking about anything else! Thanks!
  • Options
    cjbrandt I count the day after IUI as day 1dpiui (1 day post IUI) were the day after ovulation (which is usually the day of IUI) as 1dpo (1 day post ovulation). So I guess it depends on which way you are keeping track of it. Hope that made some sort of sense....

Good Luck
  • Options
    I count the day after the iui as day #1.
  • Options
    Thanks for explaining, ready4 and awilkins! That means I'm 9 dpiui today. There's not point to testing this early, I know, but it's hard not to.

Any more on your status, awilkins?
  • Options
    Hello CJ,

No status yet but this pain has not went away yet. Me and my wife brought two hpt yesterday but im still going to wait until my 14th day to test. What sucks is i am starting to dream about this, i had a dream last night that says both test were negative. So ready for friday to get here:(