Options

any info/success with 12434?

Hello

I am getting ready to get inseminated and am possibly going to use Donor 12434. I was just wondering if anyone has had any success with this donor. Please get back to me ASAP at mirabella922@gmail.com

Thank you so much!
Kathleen

Comments

• Options
    I am also planning on using Donor 12434. Did you receive any responses to your inquiries? Hope everything went well for you.
  • Options
    I responded to Kathleen, we're using him too. We are currently in our 2WW and testing next Friday. Have you started the process yet?

Erin
  • Options
    we are also planning on using donor 12434, what's your experience? thanks so much!
  • Options
    My partner got her BFN on Friday. Sperm count was great though (as opposed to the last 2 cycles with a different donor) and we were really hopeful for this cycle. :-(. We will be doing another IUI in the next 12-13 days. Here's hoping #4 takes!! Please do let us know how things go for you.

Erin
  • Options
    Sorry about you and your partners BFN, geminigirl. It is good news though that his sperm count was great. Do you remember anything about his motility?

My soon to be wife and I have an appointment tomorrow and will find out then when we do our first insemination with 12434!

After being disappointed when other donors we had put on our list were out or retired, we found 12434. We're excited about him and hope he works!
  • Options
    I was inseminated using 12434 this past Saturday and am now in the dreaded 2WW! The dr. told me his swimmers were "great", but didn't give me any specific count or motility numbers. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will work on the first try, although I know the chances aren't that good.

Best of luck to everyone!!
  • Options
    So my girlfriend's one follicle is small but it's growing. it's about a 10. We go in on Thursday to hopefully get the trigger shot and IUI on Friday. This will be our first try... fingers crossed but we're not expecting a miracle the first time.
  • Options
    CCB, I don't see anything in the TOS stating that I can't post this informtion so feel free to delete if I violate any rules:

These were the numbers for our first IUI with 12434 (post thaw):

Volume: .5
    Concentration: 46.8 M/mL
    Total Count: 23.4
    Percent Motile: 60
    Concentration Motile: 28.2 M/mL
    Total Motile Count: 14.1 (this is the one that CCB guarantees to be over 10)

I've got the other values if you are interested. The VAP, VSL, VCL, etc.

These numbers looked to be very good and I was quite pleased.

So my partner went to the baseline u/s yesterday and is good to go for round #4. They are getting a bit more aggressive this time around (she's started Metformin) and is taking 150 mg Clomid and doing Bravelle Injectables for this cycle. Hopefully #4 is the one.

Good luck to everyone! Would love to know how everyone's insemination works out!
  • Options
    Just an update... the follicle is still at a 10... another round of clomid and we go back on Tuesday.

ps. geminigirl, my doc was excited about those numbers!
  • Options
    Grow follie, grow! Keeping my fingers crossed for you two!

What part of the country are guys in? We're in the SF Bay Area. If you want to keep touch via email, my email addy is my username as listed in the left frame followed by at gmail dot com. (I don't mean to be cryptic but don't want my email address to be picked up by spammers from posting publicly). I'd be interested in conversing with anyone who is also using donor 12434 as well!

Erin
  • Options
    Well, it's still growing... my girlfriend has PCOS so it's like her body is in slo-mo right now... we go back again on Friday.

Thanks for the email info, Erin... once the wedding is over and we've finally done the IUI I'll get in touch!
  • Options
    IUI today with 3-4 mature follicles with donor 12434. Hopefully it works this time!

My partner has PCOS as well. She does ovulate on her own and has pretty regular periods tho.

Good luck with doc today.

Erin
  • Options
    On Friday it wasn't big enough again... I think a 16... so we went back today and it is a 20! Just one little follicle which is fine with us... this is our first try and we're looking at it as a trial run anyway. We weren't going to start until after our wedding this Saturday, but the doc wanted to start right away so that's where we're at!

We go in tomorrow for the IUI. Fingers crossed for all of us!
  • Options
    I wouldn't call a 20 mm follicle "just one little follicle.". Sounds perfect!! At least you don't have the worry of higher order multiples. That's fantastic news! Keeping my fingers crossed for you two and congrats on getting married! We are now 3 dpiui and as usual, the waiting is a drag. At least we're not as stressed about whether she is or whether she isn't. For some reason the stress level has receeded. If it's positive it's positive, if not, we'll keep plugging along. It would be really nice though...
  • Options
    everything went great! after their wash the count was 7 million... it all went so quick that i forgot to ask about motility but will ask whenever we see them next.

we are very excited about our one follicle... it took so damn long to grow! we actual would love twins... but we'll take whatever we're given.

we're so busy that i don't think the wait will be a problem. we're going on a mini honeymoon next week to sonoma with her dad and his wife so that will help pass the time... not to mention that he's paying for everything!

keep me posted and we'll do the same!
  • Options
    My first IUI with 12434 failed - I'm very disappointed as I thought I had been having major symptoms, but oh well. I'll be trying again in a couple of weeks!

Good luck to everyone else.
  • Options
    hello, we just purchased vials for 12434. We will most likely inseminate next week. Has anyone had any success?
  • Options
    No luck so far but my partner is on 2ww right now. We'll know as of Friday of next week.

So does that make a total of 6 of us trying to get pg with 12434? Crazy!
  • Options
    We are 8 weeks pregnant with 12434! Man, there are a lot of us using his sperm. Good luck to everyone out there using him.
  • Options
    We tested early and are getting BFP's. We will do a blood test on Friday. We've had three days of BFP so hopefully this is the one. We are keeping our fingers crossed! Good luck to everyone!
  • Options
    We tested early and are getting BFP's. We will do a blood test on Friday. We've had three days of BFP so hopefully this is the one. We are keeping our fingers crossed! Good luck to everyone!
  • Options
    congrats, boomersooner! keep everyone posted!

it was a no go this last iui. i think the stress of the wedding made this an exceptionally difficult month... we're hoping for more follicles this try!
  • Options
    I am almost certain that I will be using 12434 for an ucpcoming cycle, but I wonder if anyone has conceived a girl with him.

He is one of all boys, and his father's brothers have only had boys.

For many years the idea that boys can run in families was debunked ("statistically, you'll have some families that are all boys - it doesn't mean it's not 50/50 each time"). But recently, there has been research confirming that some families really do trend towards boys. See this nytimes article

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/06/health/06real.html

I'm ok with a boy of course, but I'm not sure if I'm ok stacking the deck that any siblings will be highly likely to be boys. I'd prefer 50/50 odds and the chance (at least a CHANCE) to maybe have one of each if I have 2 kids with him. I'm not sure what to think about 12434. He has paternal aunts, but his father and paternal uncles all only had sons - and a fair number of them. It's almost enough to make me change my mind, but he's otherwise such a good fit for me. I wish I could know if it was just coincidence. If you know of a girl conceived with him, please let us know. Cryobank won't release gender pregnancy info.
  • Options
    My partner is 6 weeks pregnant with donor 12434. Obviously no idea if boy/girl at this point. Interesting article though! Congrats boomersooner and sending baby dust to you mo_jo. Let us know how the next cycle goes.
  • Options
    Congrats Boomersonner and geminigirl! You must be super excited!!!

I just bought 5 vials of 12434 for an october cycle! I think he's selling out fast and I just felt he was a great donor, so I didn't want to risk anything. My doctor thinks I'll be an excellent IVF responder with good odds. So hopefully it will only take one or two attempts and I'll have success before the year is up. (hoping!!!).

Curious how the two of you feel about baby photo exchanges or half-siblings meet up down the road - if you have any feelings about that at all. I know some people do that and some don't. I'm pretty sure that if I get pregnant with 12434 I would be open to half-sibling interaction of some kind. Of course I'm jumping the gun. Hope to have good news to report back here in a couple of months!
  • Options
    geminigirl! i totally missed the second page of this thread as i was just looking at it on my phone... i wondered why it had been so quiet!

CONGRATS!!! we'll be trying again very soon... doc is on vacation so we're waiting for him to get back. hopefully we'll have our BFP in the next few months! all our friends are either pregnant or have a young child... and everyone we see everywhere are pregnant so it's really weighing on her.

fingers crossed!
  • Options
    Riley: My reasons for being on the boards is because we are interested in picture exchange/half sibling meetup in the future. I think that it's an incredible option for a child who will never know his biological father. So yes, that's something we're open to. Baby dust to you! Please keep us posted on what happens with the October cycle. It's right around the corner! Not that it matters much for IVF but this donor has a great sperm count.

Mo_Jo: Hang in there and don't get discouraged. I know what you mean by EVERYONE around you being pregnant or having babies. We feel the same. It's hard. Because now that we decided to have kids....last year...we're ready. Like NOW. My partner is BARELY pregnant. I honestly don't know how people wait 40 weeks. I don't know how we will wait another 8 months. Congrats on getting married and hope your honeymoon was awesome!!
  • Options
    Hi everyone and congrats to the BFP's!

My partner and I are 9 weeks pregnant with 12434!
  • Options
    Congrats TDC! My partner is 6 and a half weeks along so we're not too far behind you. There seems to be a few of us who've gotten lucky and several others trying. We loved his profile, baby pics, audio interview, etc.
  • Options
    Thanks Geminigirl, and CONGRATS tdc!!

It's great to hear how much everyone loves 12434. I bought unlimited access to donor info and only looked for a week before purchase. 12434 was an immediate favorite, but I wanted to put together a spreadsheet of every open donor and list the reasons why I was ruling each out or why the person could be a second or third choice, etc. Just to make sure I didn't "miss" someone. But then I was sitting with my supportive and best friend, and I said "Hey, I think this is my donor, but I have to research more." She looked at some basic info and then I played the audio for her. She was blown over. "This is your donor - what are you waiting for. He's perfect and could sell out!" (when I was considering SMC 5 years ago, my favorite donor did sell out while I dawdled on the idea- I was able to buy his very last vial and that's it) and so I bought 5 vials that night! Felt like an impulse purchase (what a thing to buy on impulse). But really, no one else seemed to come close. It's like the trifecta - Brilliant, Handsome, Athletic. What am I missing? :) (I understand many people are trying to match looks or aiming for a certain specific physical trait like height or hair color)

By the way - y'all notice that even though he's average height, his brothers, father, etc are really really tall?

Baby dust and healthy pregnancies and babies to all!