Options

15468 Miscarriage looking for success stories...

2»

Comments

• Options

Oh I see! Will the closed group show on my profile do you know? I have a horrible vision of a notification popping up on my friends' feed saying 'Katy has joined the donor 15468 group' :)

• Options

@Katy123 It definitely will not. I also went ahead and created the secret group and sent an e-mail invite. I connected with a couple other people using this donor via various posts so I am going to invite them as well.

• Options

Just sent you my personal email address for the invite. I think your idea of having both a secret and a closed group is a good one - if it's not too confusing to manage!

• Options

I tried searching for the group and its not showing up for me, but honestly I don't use facebook much at all anyways. If I happen to find it I'll probably join. I'll for sure keep updating here, and eventually I plan to join the sibling registry that they have after you deliver.

• Options

@Mrn89 Go under the groups tab and then search for CCB Donor 15468

• Options

Thanks found it!

• Options

Hey everyone, just checking in. I just finished my second egg retrieval with 15468 on Monday in order to try and bank some embryos. I have five embryos and will know if they made it to blast tomorrow. I will then be doing PGS testing again, assuming any made it. @katy123 I agree on PGS testing. It’s not totally reliable. I cryopreserved the mosaics for further potential testing/transfer in addition to the normal. I did not retain the abnormal, however, as it had a chromosomal trisomy and a monosomy totally incompatible with life. I hope everyone else is doing well. I’m going to look for the FB group, but I’m very paranoid about being seen on it, although this was discussed at length above. I’ll update and hopefully with good news soon.

• Options

@Imdoingthis I totally get being paranoid, I was hesitant to join too. I decided to join the facebook group when we started it in May(after much deliberation above) haha, and no one has been able to see/been notified or anything when I joined the group. In fact, none of my extended family knew until I told them very recently, and they still don't know my donor number!

• Options

Hi @Imdoingthis Nice to hear from you again. I was worried about joining the facebook group, but I'm confident now that it's completely private. The only non-private part is that your full name will be visible to members of the group, but there are only six of us and we're spread out across the world (we're also all nice and respectful, so I don't think this should cause any problems). Our group is pretty active and is a nice supportive community, so if you feel like joining, I'd recommend it! Wishing you all the best for your retrieval results today.

• Options

Update: IVF 2 was a bust, with 2 abnormal female blasts. I’ve instructed the clinic to retain them for the time being, as the PGS debate has my head spinning. I’m transferring a PGS “normal” male embryo by donor 15468 in about 2.5 weeks. If he takes, and we make it out of the proverbial “woods”, I will join the Facebook group. I have one vial left.

• Options

Sorry to hear about your recent IVF attempt, but fingers crossed for your transfer. If it doesn't work and you try again, have a read of It Starts with the Egg by Rebecca Fett, if you haven't already. There is some good advice in there, the main one being to take ubiquinol supplements. Loads of women have had success after taking those. Good luck.