Options

15468 Miscarriage looking for success stories...

Anyone have success with this donor? I purchased 4 vials of 15468 in October and did an INVOcell (mini-IVF) attempt in December, using 2. I had 3 eggs fertilize, transferred 2, got pregnant (reported the pregnancy) and then miscarried around 6 weeks. I spoke with a couple of representatives; they called to offer additional vials (he's being retired) and feel like they were not forthcoming. They said it is protocol to discontinue donors after about a year, but when I ask about his reported pregnancies they say he's new, and when I ask how many pregnancies (I believe mine was the first reported) they won't give a number, they just say, less than 5, which make me believe this donor has no other reported pregnancies and perhaps they are removing him because he is not producing successful pregnancies. It just seems like they wouldn't remove a donor until they reach a certain number of pregnancies, as opposed to removing based on time. I'm really struggling with this. I'm uncertain whether I should proceed with the extra vials with IVF, because I'm nervous there is something wrong with the donor, or switch donors entirely. Any feedback appreciated.

Comments

• Options

Hey so I realize this post is over a month old and you may have already made decisions regarding this donor, however I figured I’d just post for maybe some reassurance. I’m 6 weeks 2 days and My first ultrasound showed 1 healthy baby with a HR of 115. This was my third attempt with this donor. I’m still nervous but cautiously optomistic! Sorry for your loss and best of luck with everything moving forward.

• Options

Hi Vnturout, I'm so sorry for your loss. Sorry if this is an insensitive thing to say, but if you end up with extra vials that you'd rather sell, please let me know as I only have one vial for this donor and would love to buy more. Thank you, and sorry again for your loss.

• Options

Mrn89- Thank you for your input! Did you do IUI or IVF? I was subsequently contacted by a representative that explained everything to me after I had called again and gotten conflicting info (that he had more than 5 live births and that he wasn't a "new" donor and has been available since 2017-- none of which is accurate), which didn't make any sense. Anyhoo, the counselor that reached out was able to provide clarity and pretty much refuted everything I was told by the conflicting representative and told me that he had 7 reported pregnancies and was only opened to the public since September/October of 2018 (so obviously would not have had that many live births). Katy123- I totally understand the impetus to reach out and grab any extra vials, but I'm no longer considering switching donors. I may have one extra vial depending on how many my clinic needs for IVF and the results of my IVF attempt in the coming months, however I would want to wait until viability so likely will not be for many months, fingers crossed. Best of luck to each of you!

• Options

@vnturout I did IUI, if this last one hadn't worked I was going to change up the plan/medications but thankfully it didn't come to that! That's odd about the conflicting info, but nice to hear that he has 7 reported pregnancies! Glad to hear you decided to stick with him-- feel free to keep me posted! Good luck.

• Options

Thanks for your reply @vnturout. I won't hold out for any extra vials, but if you end up having extras to sell, do let me know. Thanks!

• Options
    LeapofFaithLeapofFaith Posts: 7
    edited April 20, 2019 3:51AM

@Mrn89 - How is your pregnancy going? I hope all is going great! We are also using this donor and starting with IUI next month!

• Options

Hey, everyone! I did IUI three times with 15468 with no success. However, I’m 39 and the RE and I knew it was a crapshoot (due to my age), but we just figured we would try. I just did my first IVF. I retrieved six eggs, and four fertilized normally with 15468 sperm. All four embryos made it to blastocyst stage, which is pretty miraculous, especially with my older eggs. My four blasts were biopsied and sent for genetic testing (PGS).
    At my age, I’ll be lucky to get one PGS normal, but the 4 embryos defied the odds by all growing to blastocyst. I am single and only plan on having one child. I have two more vials of this donor left. I’m not ready to let go of them yet, but I may not need the remainder, depending on how PGS testing goes. Also, if I have embryos to donate, I would prefer to donate them to a person/couple that already has a child by the same donor. If this works out for me, I welcome sibling contact and contacts with other parents!

• Options

@LeapofFaith things are still going well! I had another ultrasound this past week and baby was measuring right on track and still had a strong heartbeat! I go to my first OB appointment in alittle over a week. Good luck with your upcoming cycle!

• Options

@Imdoingthis I am also 39! So far my bloodwork looks right where it should, but we will see what my RE says when I go in on May 1st. I will keep you all posted now that I'm officially getting started!

• Options

@Mrn89 That is great!! Do you know what you are having yet?

• Options

Not yet. If my OB offers me the genetic testing that you can also find out the gender I may take her up on that, otherwise I'll probably wait until the anatomy scan.

• Options

So nice to hear some good news on this donor! @Imdoingthis if you end up wanting to sell your extra vials, do let me know! I can't figure out how to get notifications from this forum, but I check in regularly so should see the post after a week or two. I completely understand if you decide to keep them though. I'm also 39 and single (based in the UK). I'm thinking of doing IVF as I only have one vial for this donor and don't want to waste it. I'll keep you updated on how I get on. I'd love to be in touch with siblings if I'm successful.

• Options

Oh, and I meant to ask @Imdoingthis if you used an IUI-ready (i.e. pre-washed) vial for your IVF? This is what I bought and I've been told by my clinic that the second washing process, which needs to happen for IVF, may reduce the sperm quality so much that ICSI becomes necessary. Everything I've read about this donor suggests he has high motility/count so I'm hoping it will be ok, but it would be good to hear from you (or anyone else) if you have any feedback on this. Thanks.

• Options

Hey! I’m glad I checked the board. Of my four embryos, one is PGS normal, one was abnormal, and the other two were mosaic (which apparently could be normal or abnormal). All four were male!!! @Katy123 I used the IUI vials for IVF. My RE didn’t say anything about a 2nd washing or it having any effect. I don’t think they did ICSI, but I honestly don’t know. I agree - definitely go to IVF. Statistics for IUI at our age are kind of dismal, and I used three vials trying. I may do one more egg retrieval to bank embryos, so I’m not ready to part with the two remaining vials yet. I’m on Reddit as TTC39 if anyone wants to contact me on that forum. Thanks!

• Options

Thanks @Imdoingthis ! That's helpful to know. I think the clinic would have told you if they'd done ICSI. So interesting that all four of your embryos were male! I'm really excited for you. Keep me posted and I'll let you know if I have success with my vial. I'll also look you up on reddit. Thanks!

• Options

By the way, @Imdoingthis I've created an email address for this forum: katylondon123@hotmail.com. Feel free to email me if you want to chat more about this whole process!

• Options

PPS @Imdoingthis , I just saw your discussion on reddit about PGS. Just wanted to say that most clinics in the UK don't recommend PGS as it's very unreliable. The part of the embryo that is tested is often the part that doesn't turn into a baby, so you can have an embryo that tests as 'abnormal', but it may have potential to be a perfectly healthy baby. It seems like PGS is a lot more common in the US. Maybe you have a more advanced method over there (which wouldn't surprise me!), but in case not, it might be worth speaking to your doctor about the reliability of PGS before you destroy the abnormal one. Good luck :)

• Options

Do you guys want to set up a private/secret Facebook group so we can all chat on there since we are using the same donor and all in this together in a weird way? @katy123 I will email you.

• Options

@LeapofFaith That would be great! I'm on stims for my second attempt for this donor (I started this thread with my miscarriage predicament). Hoping for better results this time around! Fingers crossed!

• Options

Sounds great @LeapofFaith and @vnturout . Why don't you send me an email and we can discuss it. I'm happy to set up a facebook group, but if people are concerned about anonymity, there may be other options. Speak to you soon!

• Options

@vnturout We chatted on FB briefly once. I have been wondering how you have been doing. 😊

• Options

I just got both of your emails so I'll copy you both into my reply. If anyone else wants to join, send me an email at katylondon123@hotmail.com. Feel free to create a specific email for this if you're concerned about privacy. Speak you soon!

• Options

Feeling SO much better. Finally got some answers from CCB about weird conflicting feedback, not to mention all the success we've been having on here! I think we should start a FB group that is private and leave it up to people to join if they feel inclined/comfortable.

• Options

Ooh, I look forward to hearing the feedback!

• Options

I just created a closed group named "CCB Donor 15468" I can make it covert by request. In a closed group people can see who moderates the group but can't see members. I chose 'closed' over 'secret' becasue this way people who use the same donor can search and find the group without having to be invited.

• Options

Hey all! I'd be interested in a closed facebook group, but would that be visible on my page to other friends...that I'm a member of it? -- I'm not super active on Facebook. I don't want other people knowing my donor number, and I also haven't told extended family yet...I'm waiting until after my anatomy scan, so I wouldn't want them to find out inadvertently from looking at my page!

• Options

@Mrn89 When I just went in to create the group it specifically said, "Anyone can find the group and see who runs it. Only members can see who's in it and what they post."

• Options

Hey @vnturout, I think a secret group would be better as I think a lot of people (myself included) won't want to advertise to their facebook friends that they're using a donor. I'll be really happy to tell people if I get pregnant, but would rather keep it a secret until then. Also, I think that anyone looking for info on this donor will find our conversation on here and will be able to ask us for an invite.

• Options

@Kay123- for a closed group it does not show friends anything you post or that you are even a part of a group. The only different between closed and secret is that with closed if someone is searching for Donor 15468 the group itself will pop up but no members or subject matter, comments/posts will be accessible until the person submits a request to join the group and is subsequently accepted. In a secret group it is the same except that the members have to be invited by an admin, which will hide us from any new potential members. Closed group content is just as anonymous to anyone who is not part of the group.

• Options

I am in several 'closed groups' that are completely hidden from my friends. I can make a secret group as well for those who are concerned, but will keep the closed group open for anyone interested as a kind of doorway for anyone not utilizing this site. That way I can send invites to established members to the secret group.