Options

Donor 15476

Comments

• Options

We have 1 more vial of his left, and now I am really hesistant about using it. What a waste of (a lot) of money.

• Options

@TeamSamina we're reconsidering our choice as well. We have a few vials in storage!

• Options

Hi All,

I'm very sorry to hear about your losses. Please be sure to officially report pregnancies, miscarriages, and births to us. I saw that some of you posted that you experienced a miscarriage, but we don't have a record of it. It only takes a minute to complete our online form: https://www.cryobank.com/services/post-conception-services/report-pregnancy/

Unfortunately, miscarriages are very common. It is estimated that 20% of all pregnancies end in a miscarriage. Chromosome abnormalities are a common cause of miscarriage. They usually occur just by chance in the developing pregnancy and are not inherited from either parent. Often, the cause of a miscarriage is unknown.

Each woman has a different experience with pregnancy. While one woman may have a loss, another woman may have a successful pregnancy using the same donor. Your health, age, uterine structure, and many other factors, which are all specific to you and your pregnancy are not the same as any other woman who uses specimens of that same donor. Therefore, another woman's experience with a pregnancy from one of our donors should not be a factor in determining whether or not you should also use specimens from that donor for your own pregnancy.

For more information about miscarriage, please see our website, https://www.cryobank.com/services/genetic-counseling/donor-screening/#answer14 as well as the March of Dimes website: https://www.marchofdimes.org/complications/miscarriage.aspx

We have a knowledgeable team of Genetics Counselors that are available by phone Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm at 877-743-6384. Please don't hesitate to contact them. They are happy to answer questions like this.

Also, please note that births from Donor 15476 aren't expected until later this year, so it will take some time before we receive any birth reports.

Regards,

Nicole
    California Cryobank

• Options

Hello @cryo-admin ! After a brief hiatus, were getting ready to try again and I was wondering if there were any births yet for 15476?

• Options

@twomamallamas Good Luck!! We go in for our FET on Aug.09 with this donor again... hope some good news comes to this thread soon!

• Options

@Shore_Life we'll be thinking of you! I think we'll try again in the fall at some point! Hopefully we'll all have our babies next year!

• Options

Hello everyone. I just brought a vial from this donor yesterday. Does anyone have a reported pregnancy? I am sending positive energy and love

• Options

Hi everyone! We just wanted to share with you all that we are officially 9 weeks and 2 days today with a heartbeat of 174. We had our second scan yesterday and the little one is on it’s head and we even got to see a small wave/arm movement! Good luck to everyone and will be sure to keep you posted!

• Options

@Shore_Life Congratulations. I am so happy for your family. Thanks for the update!! Bless you all

• Options

@Shore_Life congratulations! We'll be thinking of you! Thanks for keeping us posted!

• Options

@shore_life Thank you for sharing your wonderful news. I hope everything is proceeding well. Sending you all the best for health and happiness.

I am curious if you may possibly have extra vials you may consider selling. I was just told I have a short window/# of cycles I'll be able to try... I would be interested to use Donor 15476 if there are any vials available. Thank you for your consideration.

• Options

@seizetheday im sorry we don’t have any extra

• Options

Just another update, we found out today that we are having a little boy!!

• Options

Congratulations! We are so happy for you!

• Options

Congratulations @shore_life

• Options

@twomamallamas hello, do you have any extra vials for sale by any chance?

• Options

@ninibaby and @seizetheday we do have some extra IUI vials for this donor. They're being stored at California cryobank. I'm not sure how it would work to sell them privately but we're open to trying to figure it out!

• Options

@ninibaby we have 1 extra IUI vial for sale, as well. I’m in the process of finding out how shopping works.

• Options

*shipping

• Options

Hi @twomamallamas I would be interested to purchase them. I have asked California Cryo about purchasing from stock that they are storing that has already been purchased. They have some sort of buyback and resell program I think that is fairly easy. I would be open to doing that or just purchasing it directly from you. I think it's just paperwork either way. I will call and double check with them right now. Thank you!

And thank you @TeamSamina for also checking with your RE

• Options

@twomamallamas btw, how is your process going? I had seen you mention a while back that you may try again soon. Thinking of you and hoping the best for you in your journey!!

• Options

@twomamallamas Just spoke with them quickly. Sounds like there are two options. There is something called a non-family transfer. California Cryo says they have a form. You would fill out your half of the form, I would fill out my half. I would pay you for the vials and then pay California Cryo a fee of "transferring" them into my name and ongoing storage. Alternatively you can sell the vials back to California Cryo (minus a restocking fee) and the vials could then be purchase by me (of another buyer).

• Options

@seizetheday thank you for looking into all of that! I'd like to call the cryobank to see if we do a transfer of they give me back the full price or just half. I believe if I sell them back I only get half back, which is why I'd prefer to transfer them. It would be silly for me to pay full price for them to sit in storage for a year, only to get half back, just so you can pay full price again!

We have 8 IUI vials that we do not plan to use for donor 15476. How many would you be interested in?

We're getting ready to take another path with our fertility journey. So I doubt that we'll need those vials and we'd like to have more financial resources available to us for the next phase of our journey.

• Options

@seizetheday @ninibaby @twomamallamas I think I got everyone there. I just heard back from my RE. Our vial is stored at our RE in Phoenix, AZ. We would use a shipper from your RE (or where it’s being shipped to), complete the form to sign over custody, and then logistics of renting a tank, or using theirs. Please let me know which of you are interested in our 1 IUI vial. My email is: s.samsen@gmail

• Options

@seizetheday @ninibaby let me know if either of you would like to buy any or all of my vials! My email is kristinahershey@aol

• Options

@twomamallamas yes please, I will buy 2 vials from you, can you please contact me via email ninibaby2019@gmail.com

• Options

@TeamSamina as I am still deciding the clinics, vials stored in ccb might be easier for me to organise at this stage, thank you for your information though

• Options

@ninibaby I will send you an email about it.

@seizetheday I'll still have 6 more if you'd like to transfer them!

• Options

@twomamallamas I am waiting for a confirmation from my doctor regarding one detail but I would like to purchase 4. Thank you! Please email me at ohbabybaby2020@gmail.com

• Options

@seizetheday I just emailed you!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!