Donor 15476

My wife and I are coming up on our first IUI in October and decided to go with Donor #15476. Has anyone else purchased any of his vials, and if so, any updates? I'd love to share our experiences, and I'm SUPER nervous. :)

Comments

• My wife and I also purchased 15476! Keep us posted!

• We also purchased this donor! We are not going to be transferring until December but would love to read about your updates and how his counts are..!!

• I’m so glad to connect with others who chose the same donor! We should be trying in about 2 weeks. Fingers crossed! I will post updates as we move through the process!

• Good luck! @TeamSamina so excited for you!!

• Tomorrow is the big day-our first IUI!! Thank you, @Shore_Life I will keep you and @hersheyk updated. 😊

• @TeamSamina GOODLUCK!!!! We can’t wait to hear from you!!

• Baby dust to you @TeamSamina! We had our first IUI this morning! We're in our TWW together!

• @hersheyk How exciting! Lots of baby dust to you, as well!

• Good luck to both of you!!! @hersheyk and @TeamSamina.. we are counting down to our appointment in December!!!

• Well, our first TWW is over and it was a BFN. We are going to wait until after the holidays to try again. So bummed out. I hope you guys have better luck. Keep us posted!

• Same for us! Enjoy the holidays!

• It looks like our donor finally has a confirmed pregnancy. Not me, unfortunately, but I thought it was good news to share here. We will be using another of his vials next time.

• @TeamSamina that’s great news!!! We are doing our egg retrieval on dec 14 and transfer is Jan. This is so exciting!!!

• We saw that our donor had a few vials released yesterday so we just wanted to share in case anyone needed any more.

• I have 1 IUI vial for Donor 15476 for sale. Currently at my RE’s office. We can figure out shipping, if interested.

• Hello all! We decided to try another round in November and the confirmed pregnancy was me, which is good news for the little swimmers! Unfortunately, I miscarried a few days before Christmas, at 8 weeks. I am told that it was likely a random occurrence and is unlikely to happen again or affect future pregnancies. We are working through it and once my body gets back to a state of normalcy we hope to try again in the Spring. Best wishes to you all and Happy New Year!

• So sorry to hear that. Wishing you the best of luck this upcoming year. We have been pushed back for a few weeks possibly months due to a hormone issue. But we do have 9 day 5 and 6 embryos frozen. Just waiting for our go ahead to transfer.

• We are currently on day 4 of our TWW.

• We are on day 4 of our TWW also! We used a different donor this month though, as 15476 did not have any ICI vials available! Good luck to you!

• Good luck to you guys as well!!!! @twomamallamas

• @twomamallamas we found out today that we also miscarried with donor 15476. We had an empty sac..

• @Shore_Life I am so sorry to hear that. It was truly heartbreaking to try to hard and finally become pregnant and then have it all taken away. I wish there was something that I could say to help.

On a side note, we had an empty sac as well. I made it to 8 weeks but never had a heart beat and it stopped growing at 5 weeks 3 days. We had the genetic testing done but nothing came back. We were told it was just a fluke. But now hearing you had the same thing I'm curious.

• Actually now that I think about it, they told me the sac wasn't truly empty, there was a well defined yolk sac. So they didn't think it was a blighted ovum (because there wouldn't have been a yolk sac) but that I had actually conceived and then something happened very early on.

• My wife and I also got vials from 15476 and had gotten pregnant but unfortunately miscarried I’m wondering if there’s something perhaps wrong with the specimens since all we hear about from this donor are miscarriages .

• @Glamis317 I am sorry to great that you miscarried as well. My RE didn't find any issues with the specimen, but it does seem that we're experiencing a very high rate for miscarriage!

@cryo-admin can you shed any light on this or let us know if our donor has had any live births?

• //////// Posts: 27
    edited April 30, 2019 8:25PM

We also had a very early loss with this same donor. This all seems like more than a fluke.

• @cryoadmin @cryobank-admin that makes 4 of us with early losses. I understand that miscarriages occur in about 25% of pregnancies but this seems to be a bit high. Are you able to let us know if there are any successful pregnancies?

• We did the genetic testing as well and absolutely nothing came back, we still have 8 frozen embryos and stopped our shots today to start the process of allowing her body to pass it.. it’s so strange that so many people have had the same problems. Our RE said that it’s just a “thing that happens” and he is extremely positive that it won’t happen again. But we will see. We are trying again as soon as we are cleared to go again hopefully around the end of the month.

• Also.. I called and they said he has no live births at this time but he is still a “new donor” and was only released in August with his next release date being June 26th..

• @Shore_Life they told us the same thing. They tested what came out with my D and E and nothing came back abnormal!