Options

Please tell me how many reported pregnancies and live births this donor has. I've seen some conflicting reports on these boards and would just like the facts please. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Hi Riley -

We have more than 5 reported pregnancies and less than 5 reported births for Donor 11325.

Regards,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    When you say less than 5, does that mean 1? The reason I ask is cause I used this donor and got pregnant, but miscarried at 8 weeks. Found 2 other woman that also miscarried at 8 weeks with this same donor... I have one more vial of 11325 left at my doctor's office and I don't know if I should use it or trash it in fear of another m/c?? If I see that this donor has had at least 2 reported births, I would be more convinced that there's no issues with him.
  • Options
    Hi Riley -

Yes, he has more than 1 reported birth. He has a significant number of reported pregnancies and only one reported loss.

For the record... Assuming a 23-25 year old, healthy male as the contributor to a pregnancy (our average donor), the vast majority of miscarriages are tied to maternal issues (age, egg quality, etc.) and or spontanious anomalies not directly related to either the egg or the sperm. Basically, looking at a donor's losses gives you no real indication of future potential for miscarriage relative to any other donor -- especially when you don't know the age, etc. of the other recipients reporting the losses.

I don't know if that helps you, but hopefully it puts you at ease with continuing with 11325.

Best of luck,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Ok well maybe we will use the last vial of 11325. I have been tested for everything under the sun and have a naturally conceived child so I know I'm not the issues either. I'm only 32 also so age and egg quality are not factors. Just trying to do my research. I did contact the genetics counselor at CCB and I faxed her the lab results from my D&C and she said myself nor the donor had any chromosome abnormalities and that the fetal tissue was missing a random chromosome #15 not directly related to myself or the donor whatever that means...lol Thanks for your info Scott! It does help.

I also noticed on this donor's profile that he was born in 1971 so that makes him almost 40 years old not 23-25.
  • Options
    If its not too late, we had a live birth with this donor 3 1/2 weeks ago.
  • Options
    Hi Tasha -

Congratualtions! Thank you for sharing the great news. I'm sure it is an inspiration to many of our readers. Please be sure to officially report your pregnancy and birth to us (if you haven't already).

Best wishes,

Scott
    CCB