Options

donor # 5527

My partner and I had our first IUI procedure on Monday 10/13, we are now in our 2WW. I was wondering if anyone else had success with this donor? We are very excited and nervous at the same time. You want to think it's going to be successful but at the same time you don't want to get your hopes up too high. Can anyone offer any suggestions on how you handled this time? I could ramble on and on. It's good to know this support group is out there!

Comments

• Options
    FYI---5527 is potent. Knocked up on the first try. God willing everything stays good...we are gonna be mommies. Now the wait to see if it's one or more. HCG level was 488 on first blood test!
  • Options
    Hi Sandi!

I was just searching through the bulletins on 5527 and came across your posts. My partner and I are so blessed to be mother's thanks to this donor. We had a beautiful baby boy on 10/29/08. You certainly picked a great donor! If you want to chat more, my email is:
    leianne.teresa@gmail.com.

Best of Luck!
  • Options
    Hi,
    Nice to hear from you both. I haven't logged in in awhile and this was certainly a pleasant surprise. We are now at the half way point, made 20 weeks this past monday. We are pregnant with twins and anxiously awaiting March 9th for our next ultrasound to hopefully determine their sexes. So far everything has progressed wonderfully. We knew that 5527 was the one for us from the start. We would love to be able to see pics of your children and will be more than happy to share ours as soon as they are brought into this world. How exciting. We hava all truely been blessed!
    sandi & alisha
    new orleans
    kjngirl17@yahoo.com
  • Options
    we had our march 9th ultrasound and both babies and mom are doing great. we are truely blessed. we are having both a boy and a girl!
  • Options
    That is awesome news! Congratulations on the perfect pair!!!! Good luck on the rest of your pregnancy.
    Diana
  • Options
    sandigumpert,

CONGRATULATIONS on finding out the sex of your babies! A boy and a girl, huh? That had to be one of the happiest days of your lives! I'm so thrilled for you two.

Please KUP on you and the twins!
  • Options
    thanks to all of you. babies and mom are still doing great. doc says he will take them by C-SECTION BEFORE HE LETS THEM GO PAST 37 WEEKS. That means we are 9 weeks or less away. getting nervous and excited!
  • Options
    Wow! That has to be exciting and scary at the same time! I can't believe how fast the time has gone! I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing so well.

We are 15 weeks along today and are just enjoying every minute of it! I love being pregnant!

Do you have names picked out yet?
  • Options
    So happy for you guys!! And I like the matched pair you have!!
  • Options
    I'm thinking about using this donor for my upcoming IVF cycle. I'll post the results if I decide to go with this donor.
  • Options
    misty and carla- so glad to hear that things are still well for you two.oops, three. I Also see ya found out it was a girl. I am so happy for you two.
    We are now T- 7 weeks and counting.
    their names are Sydni "syd" Marie for the girl and Larson "Lars" Joseph for the boy. They are getting so big and Mom is getting so miserable. Just don't seem to be enough room in there for two. Things are getting harder by the day. Mom not sleeping so good lately either. I just keep reminding her of how it's all worth it!
    good luck everyone and I will keep ya posted
  • Options
    Is this donor the same as 05527?? That's the only one i could find. Does anyone have the additional information that they purchased for this donor? If so would you be willing to email it to me?

Thanks
    Swanlakes44@aol.com

Alicia
  • Options
    Well I decided to go with this donor and I just got my results this morning. It was a positive! I have to go back on Wednesday to have my levels checked again. I will let youk now if it works out.
  • Options
    Congratulations ladies on your successful pregnancies, children and BFP with this donor. i am coming out of my 2WW with this donor. My test date is Saturday May 23rd. This was my 2nd IUI with this donor!! I am hoping for my BFP!!! Wish me luck please!!!
  • Options
    sandi...I wonder how you all are doing? By my calculations, you should only have a couple more weeks left. Please KUP.

bbbear97...CONGRATULATIONS! That's wonderful! Yes, please let us know how your BETA's turn out! We're so excited to add another BFP to the CCB boards!

jrials...Yeah...only a few more days left until you test! I'm praying that this is your month for your BFP! I'm sending loads of baby dust your way!
  • Options
    Thank you Misty and Carla for our your BFP wishes!! I am emotional tonight, just wanting it to work. I am scared to test!! Tired of BFN!! Well I am going to test with FMU on Saturday morning. I'm hoping I get my BFP like you ladies did with this donor!!!! Thanks for your support!!!
  • Options
    Hi all,

Sorry it took so long to respond. I got my beta's back and all is well. I am pregnant with twins! I did an IVF cycle in case you may have been wondering. I am currently 7w and have seen the heartbeats. I'm hoping that I can carry both full term.
  • Options
    Wow, this is what I get for not checking this board in a year. You cant blaim me-we have TRIPLETS from donor 5527!!
    bEAUTIFUL 17 MONTH OLD BOYS.
    Anyone on facbook? We could start a group and share stories and pictures.my email is
    sa23nike@hotmail.com
    Sue (and Julie)
    and I find it interesting how many same sex couples used this donor!
  • Options
    bbbbear97...Twins, Wow! Congratulations! That's wonderful news!

sa23nike...Triplets...how exciting! I bet they are just a big ball of fun at that age! We already have a facebook group called CCB Friends. There's a post here about it...check it out.
  • Options
    hey ladies- wow, life has been crazy and i have not been on here. the twins have arrived. they arrived quite early in fact. our little boys water broke the day before the start of week 33. long story short- they are ten weeks old today and doing absolutely wonderful. i am also on facebook if anyone is interested. pics of the babies are posted there or you can email @ kjngirl17@yahoo.com.
    need updates on all these BFP's
    misty and carla?
    bbbear77?
  • Options
    We're 31 weeks along and anxiously awaiting the arrival of our little girl! I saw the pics on FB...the twins are beautiful! Congratulations!
  • Options
    We have this donor saved in our list of favorites...I'm thinking after reading about all your BFPs that he's going to be moved up the list!! how cool!
  • Options
    it is interesting inded how many same sex couples he attracted. in case anyone was wondering, we have healthy boy/girl twins. born 7 weeks early but are doing wonderful and are 11 weeks today. congrats and good luck to you all!
    Alisha and Sandi
  • Options
    A quick update on me. I'm 15 weeks today with my boy/girl twins. My official due date is January 25th, but I'm guessing it will be more like the beginning of January. I've also had my first trimester screening done and I'm extremely low risk for Downs. Hurray!

Good luck to all!
  • Options
    hello everyone, my husband and i were thinking of using 5527. I see he has some allergies to fish, meds and is lactose intolerant. have you seen any of this come out in your children? and did any of your children end up with red hair? i see he has two family members with red hair. Just curious as this is very new to us.
    thank you!
  • Options
    I can't speak to the allergies as my children have not been born yet. However, I do not that signs of being lactose intolerant do not occur until early adulthood and you're child would only end up with Red hair if you also carry the gene for Red hair. Red hair is a recessive gene and therefore must be matched with another recessive gene. If you have Brown or Blond hair, it's highly unlikely that your child will have red hair unless like I said before you carry the red gene. Even at that, the sperm that fertilizes the egg must be carry the red gene, and the egg must also. I hope that makes sense.
  • Options
    thanks, that does help! its all such a gamble.:)
  • Options
    Opps guess I was wrong about the Lactose thing, but it's along the same lines and the Red Hair gene thing.

Here's what I found on the internet:

Very rarely, a baby is born with lactose intolerance. (Both parents would have to pass the gene for this type of lactose intolerance to the baby.) From birth, the baby would have severe diarrhea and be unable to tolerate the lactose in his mother's breast milk or in formula made from cow's milk. He'd need a special, lactose-free infant formula.
  • Options
    Hey, thanks for looking into that!
  • Options
    Just thought I'd let you know that I delivered my son and daughter on 11/14/09. While they were several weeks early, and very small (about 2.5 pounds each). They are doing very well in the NICU. They are not on any type of support and it's now just a waiting game for them to put on some weight in order to come home.

IMHO they are both beautiful and I am extremely happy!