Options

1st IUI cycle - Donor 14492

After a couple of roadblocks we are on route to our first IUI!
Today is Day 2 of my partner's cycle and also the 1st day of taking 50mg of Clomid. She is in her late 30s so we are adding the Clomid to help increase our chances. All preliminary tests indicated no issues beyond her age so we are hoping that we will have success at some point.
We are using donor 14492 and are anxious to get going!
Please say a little prayer or send some positive energy our way!!

Comments

• Options
    Hi LTexas,

Very excited for you. I am also in my late 30s and having my first IUI in a few weeks. I hope all goes well for both of us. Sending through my positive energy and best of luck with your procedure and the outcome!
  • Options
    Hi dana01!
    Thank you for all the positive energy and good luck!
    I hope all goes well for you too! Are you as anxious to get through the first one as I am? I'm hoping that the anxiety wears off after this cycle or that we are one of the lucky few who get lucky on the first try.
    Best of luck to you as well!
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the kind words, LTexas! Yes, I am extremely nervous and anxious. I am trying for my first child as a single mom so that probably adds more of anxiety...
    I guess all we can do now is to be positive, pray and have our fingers crossed. Let's keep in touch!!!
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I'm sure going the single parent route brings a whole other level of anxiety. I hope you have a supportive group of family and friends behind you!
    We will be going in on the 17th to check follicle growth but it's looking like the end of next week will be our first attempt.
    It's nerve wrecking but will be so worth it!
  • Options
    I have a very supportive mother:)

Good luck on your follicle u/s and the insemination next week! I might have the first follicle u/s early next week.

It is certainly worth it!!!
  • Options
    Hey dana01,

How is everything going on your end? Hopefully well!!

We are on CD12 and had an ultrasound today to check follicle growth. We had several smaller ones and two large ones; one was 26mm and the other was 19mm.

The nurse said they were happy with those and gave us a trigger shot. We go in tomorrow afternoon for our first IUI!!
  • Options
    That's great news LTexas! You rock! I know they need at least one with a size of 18mm to trigger the shot.
    Does it mean you're doing insemination 36 hours after the trigger shot?

I had my CD4 baseline u/s yesterday - was a bit upset to learn that I am on a low side of follicle production but the doctor said we could still do an iui this cycle. Another u/s is scheduled for next week to check follicle growth. I really hope I have at least one of a decent size by then.

Best of luck on your procedure today!!! Please keep me informed on how it goes. Baby dust to both of us:)
  • Options
    Thank you!! We are now relaxing at home and hoping that we are blessed with good news in a couple weeks.

We had the trigger shot at about 9:30 am yesterday and the IUI was done today at about 2:00pm. So roughly 29 hours later; hopefully the timing was ideal.

My partner said that the procedure was a bit uncomfortable with some cramping but it all subsided soon after the nurse was done. We go back a week from today to check ovulation via blood work and then test for pregnancy on September 1st.

I hope your next ultrasound shows plenty of growth and that you can continue on with this cycle! Sending lots of positive energy your way!!!
  • Options
    Thank you!!! I am very glad your procedure went well. I will pray for the desired outcome:-)

Keep me posted on post IUI symptoms - I am very keen to learn about what to expect...

Positive vibes to you and your partner! I will be in touch,
  • Options
    I hope that everything went well with your IUI! My partner and I will be having our first IUI in about a week. I am 35 and she is 33 so we are ready to start our family. Best of luck with your family!
  • Options
    Dana01 - Not too much to report on post IUI symptoms. At least my partner hasn't mentioned any specifically yet. Most of her side effects were experienced before hand due to the Provera and Clomid she took. Thank you for the well wishes! Her blood work showed that she did ovulate so now we are waiting until the 1st to test. Hope all is going well on your end!!

IndigoDaisy81 - Thank you! Everything went well with the IUI and now we just have about 5 more days before we test to see how well it went. It's been a bit nerve wrecking waiting but not as bad as I expected. Good luck to the both of you!!!
  • Options
    Thank you, LTexas. I am happy to hear that ovulation did occur. Just few more days until you know the result, huh?! Fingers crossed!I had my IUI yesterday, everything went smoothly. I was told that they won't do a test for ovulation and I should take a pregnancy test in 16 days. It is gonna be very long two weeks...

IndigoDaisy81 - Good luck with your IUI next week!
  • Options
    Dana01 - A very long two weeks indeed! So happy that you got to have the first and am sending lots of prayers and positive energy your way! The first week or so seemed to go by without too much anxiety for us but these last few days seem to be inching by and my partner can't help to wonder about each little thing she feels. Just a few more days!
    I hope the next two weeks fly by for you!!
  • Options
    I can imagine. I am getting more and more anxious as the days go by...Thanks for the kind words.

Best of luck on your blood work on Thursday! I will keep praying for your family and looking forward to hearing awesome news in a couple of days!
  • Options
    I can imagine. I am getting more and more anxious as the days go by...Thanks for the kind words.

Best of luck on your blood work on Thursday! I will keep praying for your family and looking forward to hearing awesome news in a couple of days!
  • Options
    Tested at home 14dpiui and 16dpiui and both were negative.
    Still no signs of AF either so we will check in with our nurse Tuesday if our new cycle doesn't start by then.

Hope your TWW is going well! Sending great energy and prayers your way!
  • Options
    Hello everyone, I want to start by wishing everyone well during their process! I'm hoping to do my first IUI cycle this coming weekend with Donor 14492. I did ultrasound monitoring last month, and that didn't go as planned. This month I'm taking the clomid in addition to the ultrasound monitoring. Fingers crossed, my Fiancé' and I are trying for our first child!
  • Options
    Hi Sherres2!
    I'm excited to hear from someone else who is using the same donor as we are. Good luck this month! I hope the Clomid does its job for you! Our first attempt was unsuccessful and we are now awaiting aunt flow to begin our next cycle. It's a roller coaster of emotions as in sure you're already finding out.

Praying for you and sending lots of positive energy your way!!
  • Options
    Thanks L Texas for the kind words! This is definitely an emotional rollercoaster and I hope it will be worth it sooner rather than later. We was worried about purchasing this donor because we saw his profile said no pregnancies, but I learned that he is fairly knew to the bank so we took a chance. I will keep you all posted after my ultra sound this weekend. Take care!
  • Options
    Hi LTexas, Good luck on your second cycle. I hope all goes well and you're successful next time.

Sherres2, best of luck on your first IUI!

My prayers are with your families. It is such an emotional process to all of us but I am sure it will be worth it, hopefully sometime soon!
  • Options
    Hi LTexas, Good luck on your second cycle. I hope all goes well and you're successful next time.

My prayers are with your families. It is such an emotional process to all of us but I am sure it will be worth it, hopefully sometime soon!
  • Options

• Options
  • Options
    Hi there,

Has anyone had any success with donor 14492??
  • Options
    Onemoreshot - No luck here but we've only tried once so far. This donor has been listed for less than 2 months so it's likely that anyone else trying has just begun using him. Hopefully some success will be seen in the coming months!
  • Options
    Hi LTexas,

I am not successful this cycle as well. AF showed up two days early;( Did not even get a chance to take a pregnancy test.

I am thinking if I should move straight to IVF. What are your plans?
  • Options
    Hey Dana01,

Sorry to hear that your try was also unsuccessful!
    We plan to continue on with IUI at least a few more times. AF still hasn't shown up for us and we haven't taken another test since the negative on 16dpiui. We are on vacation this week so we'll be in contact with our clinic come Monday to see if they want to do blood work to assure a result either way.

Unfortunately IVF is out of our price range since our insurance covers none of this. We are also several hours from a place that does it which would make it a bit difficult for us to navigate with work.

Good luck to you with whatever you decide to do SNF remember that first try success is possible but rare so don't give up too soon.
  • Options
    Does you partner usually have long cycles? If not, maybe you're pregnant after all. I really hope this is the case. Is there a particular reason why you're not taking another home test?

I talked to the clinic today and it turns out the cost of IVF is much higher than I was told initially. My insurance also does not cover either option. Plus I did not have a good experience with the injection - cramps and pain for almost entire two weeks of wait. Perhaps my body was not prepared for such a hormonal change for the first time. So, it makes sense to have at least another round of IUI.

I think I had too much hope for the first round and, therefore, was devastated with the result (cried out the entire day).

Thanks for the kind and supporting words. I knew that the probability of a first try was very low but you always think that you can be that lucky one...

I hope we achieve our goal of becoming moms very soon. Have a wonderful vacation and talk to you soon!
  • Options
    Up until the beginning of this year she was on birth control theoughout her entire cycle to help with mood so she hadn't had a period in several years. She came off the pill and had a couple short periods of about 26 days but then had her gall bladder removed and it disappeared. So she had to take Provera to induce it last cycle. AF actually showed today (after 35 days) so it appears the tests were right. We'll start Clomid tomorrow (day 2) and go through day 6.

I hope this cycle goes better for you both with he outcome and with the symptoms you experienced last time. Hopefully the hormones won't be such a shock to your body this go around.

I'll continue to send prayers your way!
  • Options
    Hello all my wife and I are almost positive on this donor! Have any of you been successful and mind sharing his counts?

Good luck to each of you ??